Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
SaintJoe
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:13 am

I'm getting the feeling that I should watch Kingsglaive.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:19 am

You should man. It's not even bad.

Got like 5 trophies just from the first battle lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:41 am

Loving this game man. It's the little things.

DAT day night cycle.
DAT food Ignis cooks
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:47 am

Get the FFI soundtrack and play "Prelude" and "Opening theme" in the car, it'll make you love it even more.

Last edited by rincon on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:48 am

Not even fixed the car yet lmao.

Btw, is there limit break kind of thing in this one?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:50 am

This stream lmao.

Dude just spent a thousand Gil on noodles smh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:52 am

was lvl 9 and doing a lvl 11 hunt against some crab things, almost ruined me, had to use like 15 different items to keep myself alive ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:23 am

Someone stream the game imo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:25 am

OMG this Xavier Woods stream rofl

Xavier found out he can dress Gladiolus like Roman Reigns in his FFXV stream and now he keeps singing the Shield theme every time he appears on the screen.

@Firenze @RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:27 am

rofl rofl rofl

Gladiolus actually has a bit of reigns about him Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:40 am

lol, yeah I can see it

got to the start of chapter 2, gonna call it a day here I think, already played like 6.5 hrs today ffs

still feel like I will struggle if/when combat gets more hectic, but I imagine as my weapons get better they'll carry me, feel like combat gets really chaotic and I'm just mashing attack and warp
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:45 am

^why do you think I prefer turn based combat ffs

Had to be rescued by the lads few times lmao. Think Ignis is my favourite out of the 3 so far.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:48 am

Firenze wrote:was lvl 9 and doing a lvl 11 hunt against some crab things, almost ruined me, had to use like 15 different items to keep myself alive ffs

Did the lvl 17 crabs at lvl 10. Hard as hell, used a bunch of hi-potions and a phoenix down
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:10 am

saw some massive monster earlier and didn't even go near it lol, looked like godzilla, can't remember where it was ffs, want to go back
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:11 am

Wait till you can use summons lol.

What's your initial thoughts on the game?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:30 am

need to play more tbh

like the 4 main characters chemistry a lot + flashy combat so far, that alone will be enough for me to finish it IMO

can't speak on the story since it's so early, but already can see why watching kingsglaive would be necessary like ppl said, would have no idea wtf is going on in the first chapter otherwise..opening chapter would be weak story-wise otherwise and I've seen a lot of ppl saying it sucks and doesn't improve until like the last 1/3..but since I watched Kingsglaive I'm invested in the story. Surprised but I guess they couldn't afford Cersei and Ned for the actual game voices, at least Luna and Regis sound completely different

world seems interesting but I hope it's more populated as the game progresses, went around the entire starting region (leide, I think?) and besides the hunts there isn't much in the wild..could be another MGSV open world like theorized

soundtrack is great, think it will be an enjoyable game, sidequests are a bit meh so far, thankfully I completed like 5-6 fetch sidequests earlier 1 second after starting them since I already had the items in my inventory, will smash the 80 for the trophy then never again unless they're interesting

fishing is fun hmm

If the story does get going and delivers towards the end though I can see it being one of my fav games this year
enemy design is really good, hoping for some great boss battles

I'm enjoying the hunts and mini games etc but could see them getting stale eventually due to the very MMOish nature of them
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:34 am

one of the reasons I dropped FF13 was because I found all of the characters annoying as f though, besides the black dude, had some grown up version of Naruto and that annoying little girl ffs, already like the characters in this 1000000x more after half the time played

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:36 am

also got places charging 3500+ for meals and 10K to stay overnight ffs, thought I was rich early on with 6K Gil
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:49 am

Aren't the dungeons supposed to be really good? might help balance out the MMO style fetch stuff if there's enough of them.

I have decided i'm going to get it though, when it will be will depend how quickly i get through Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and Doom though because i obviously want everything out the way before Horizon.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:54 am

yeah I've seen universal praise for the dungeons, no idea on how many there are and I've yet to enter one, looking forward to those

also RG did you try driving the car? rofl

gonna keep it on auto drive forever, tried manual for 10 seconds and never again
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:57 am

Compared to FF13, this is a masterpiece lmao. These characters are amazing. Can only imagine they'll get better with progress.

World and enemy design is great but it is quite MMOish because they took few components from FF14. I don't mind though.

can't wait to drive around after fixing the car. Nah haven't gotten that far yet Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 am

Firenze wrote:yeah I've seen universal praise for the dungeons, no idea on how many there are and I've yet to enter one, looking forward to those

also RG did you try driving the car? rofl

gonna keep it on auto drive forever, tried manual for 10 seconds and never again

I'll tag this as spoilers I guess, its a dungeon you can explore right away. it has no story component but maybe if you wanna always be surprised about exploration you won't want to read it.

Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Beat chapter 1 last night.

First impressions are mostly great for me.

- Stunning visuals (but we knew that already)
- Great great music with the added bonus of having every final fantasy soundtrack to play in the car
- Cool party members even if I wish that they looked a bit more unique (but I guess it must be like this to fit the theme)
- Great NPCs (Cid, Cindy, Dave, Dino, etc.)
- Fun combat
- Great magic
- Great details like @RealGunner was saying with the day/night cycles, the cooking, the fishing, the camping, etc. It feels more complete as a journey.
- Difficulty level seems on point, not too hard but not easy.
- The hunts are always great to have.
- All the hidden threats, and giant things, like the daemons at night that whopped my ass and kicked my car around for good measure.

The only thing, is that it feels a bit too relaxed in terms of pacing at first. You basically just kinda go leisurely driving to this other city to get married. Not urgent at all. That's a bit like old 2D FF where things took a bit more time to get intense. The beginnings of VII, IX, X, XIII felt a lot stronger in terms of launching you into the story. This one instead doesn't really launch you into the story, but into the world and the setting. More like VIII, XII and most of the old ones.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:32 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/17/64/32/82/img_9610.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:06 pm

ES wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/17/64/32/82/img_9610.jpg

I see you still playing fifa 17 ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah waiting on the patch to download before playing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next