Lex
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Almost official: Higuain to Arsenal Empty Almost official: Higuain to Arsenal

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:43 am

Jorge Higuain (father): "We achieved the permission to negotiate with Arsenal from Real Madrid and soon I will be able to see my son in the premier league"

Will sign for 23m pounds, a compromise between the 21 that Arsenal originally offered and the 25.5 that Real wanted. Will get paid the same as Walcott and Vermaelen (Laughing) at 100k pounds per week.

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1597898-se-termino-la-novela-al-final-gonzalo-higuain-jugara-en-arsenal

What are the expectations of this signing?

Higuain and Podolski in the same team Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Almost official: Higuain to Arsenal Empty Re: Almost official: Higuain to Arsenal

Post by jibers Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:46 am

I expect Arsenal to finish 4th again. RVP was there they finshed 3rd. Higuain isn't better lol. Arsenal's problems are defensive. Not worth 20 mill ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Almost official: Higuain to Arsenal Empty Re: Almost official: Higuain to Arsenal

Post by Lex Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 am

Vermaelen is so NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT on £100k a week Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 am

Don't worry, Jives, Roonay is on the way, too :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 am

jibers wrote:I expect Arsenal to finish 4th again. RVP was there they finshed 3rd. Higuain isn't better lol. Arsenal's problems are defensive. Not worth 20 mill ffs.

Why did they have the 2nd best defensive record in the league last year behind City then?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:49 am

Anyway, we went from being very close to signing him last week, to getting permission to speak to us this week. Next week, the world will be made aware that we are interested in Higuain
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:54 am

jibers wrote:I expect Arsenal to finish 4th again. RVP was there they finshed 3rd. Higuain isn't better lol. Arsenal's problems are defensive. Not worth 20 mill ffs.

our defense was better then your last season, our problem last season was scoring goals when needed
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:58 am

Our problem was not being able to attack and defend cohesively while utilising the players in the best formation and tactics. It took us a long time to finally get the formula right. Like post January our form was even better than United's.

On topic

Despite the fact Giroud and Podolski having good seasons, we missed a poacher badly. We couldn't convert the chances when it mattered and Higuain fits the bill. He is mobile and an excellent finisher who knows where to be at the right time. We needed someone like him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Our problem was not being able to attack and defend cohesively while utilising the players in the best formation and tactics. It took us a long time to finally get the formula right. Like post January our form was even better than United's.

On topic

Despite the fact Giroud and Podolski having good seasons, we missed a poacher badly. We couldn't convert the chances when it mattered and Higuain fits the bill. He is mobile and an excellent finisher who knows where to be at the right time. We needed someone like him.

The problem was not defense it was keeping Wilshire on the sideline. When they slid Rosicky in and him and Cazorla ran the midfield Arsenal looked like a totally different team. They held possession better and were way more efficient all over the pitch.

If there going to blindly start Wilshire any time he's half fit or in a run of bad form they need to find the best place on the field for him. Jamming him in the lineup as the fulcrum of the team and trying to force players around him is not the answer. You would hope Wenger saw that as it was very obvious at the end of the year.

I thought Giroud had a good first season in the EPL, sure he didn't show up every important game but again it was his first season and he was adapting to the league. I don't know why everyone is looking for his replacement already. Give the guy some confidence and let him start and spend the money elsewhere. The transfer market has turned into crazyness. If you don't score 30 goals in your first year on a top club there already looking for the next best thing.

IMO Higuian is better though plus he knows all about playing on the biggest stage and he will finish a lot more of the wasted chances Cazorla and company set up for Podolski and Giroud. But I don't think he is that much better then Giroud to make him your biggest transfer ever. If they have the cash and are going to say F*** it this year and spend like a big club then buy him if they are going to go business as usual and stay tight on the purse strings I don't see how Higuain will get Arsenal from 4th to 1st place. I think money could be better spent else where (Keeper, CB, Def Mid) and I really like Higuain.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 am

Dnmac lets wait until the end of the transfer season to see where Arsenal stand. If rumors of their transfer kitty are true then they have enough money to address those weak links as well.

Btw Higgy is such a typical French signing for Arsene. :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:38 am

IMO that money would be better spent on a guy like Paulinho. I think he's the kind of steel they need in the middle of the park plus he can pass and get on the score sheet.

I don't think it's wise to let Spurs snatch him up, I think they will regret that. IMO he would be the perfect signing for Arsenal.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:44 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Dnmac lets wait until the end of the transfer season to see where Arsenal stand. If rumors of their transfer kitty are true then they have enough money to address those weak links as well.

Btw Higgy is such a typical French signing for Arsene. :coffee:

For the last couple seasons there have been rumors of having a big transfer kitty and buying big name players, and it didn't happen. I will believe it when I see it.

I do think they have done a nice job turning there team over and not breaking the bank with signings like Cazorla, Arteta, Giroud. I don't see why they need to break that policy. They just need to not let there best players leave anymore and add to them with those types of signings.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 am

Butt wrote:

our defense was better then your last season, our problem last season was scoring goals when needed

It was not. Stop looking at stats ffs. Your defence was in strife from October - January.

United had arguably the best defence last season. The only people that come close would have been City. United conceded around 8-9 goals after they had already wrapped up the league meaning they weren't playing as serious as they needed too. People then look at the "conceded" stats and then state United had the 5th best defence which isn't true at all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:05 am

William Hill has stopped taking bets on Suarez to move to Arsenal hmm
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:13 am

fatman123 wrote:William Hill has stopped taking bets on Suarez to move to Arsenal hmm

There is more of a chance of Luis Suarez retiring than joining Arsenal.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:29 am

ynwa wrote:
Butt wrote:

It was not. Stop looking at stats ffs. Your defence was in strife from October - January.

United had arguably the best defence last season. The only people that come close would have been City. United conceded around 8-9 goals after they had already wrapped up the league meaning they weren't playing as serious as they needed too. People then look at the "conceded" stats and then state United had the 5th best defence which isn't true at all.

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Jorge Higuain (father): "We achieved the permission to negotiate with Arsenal from Real Madrid and soon I will be able to see my son in the premier league"

Will sign for 23m pounds, a compromise between the 21 that Arsenal originally offered and the 25.5 that Real wanted. Will get paid the same as Walcott and Vermaelen (Laughing) at 100k pounds per week.

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1597898-se-termino-la-novela-al-final-gonzalo-higuain-jugara-en-arsenal

What are the expectations of this signing?

Higuain and Podolski in the same team Proud

pale 

Shocked
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am

Dnmac4 wrote:IMO that money would be better spent on a guy like Paulinho.  I think he's the kind of steel they need in the middle of the park plus he can pass and get on the score sheet.

I don't think it's wise to let Spurs snatch him up, I think they will regret that.  IMO he would be the perfect signing for Arsenal.

not gonna lie he wouldve been a great signing for us, but we needed higuain too. we need someone clinical in front of goal
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:31 am

is this 99% done?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:13 am

Can't believe until I'll see it
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 am

Cesar
Sagna-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Gibbs
Wilshere-Fellaini/Bender
Walcott-Rooney-Podolski
Higuain

Title winning team ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:36 am

ynwa wrote:
Butt wrote:

I dint watch much PL last season but from the games i watched,the one team's defense looked really shoddy was United's and this was well before they wrapped up the title.
They won many games by outscoring the opposition last year.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 am

Surag wrote:
Cesar
Wilshere-Fellaini/Bender
Walcott-Rooney-Podolski
Higuain

Title winning team ?

Higuain is a great signing for Arsenal.
If they signed those other guys, they would surely be challengers. Although they still would need one or two great wingers (I wonder why they don't go for Nani) because Walcott and Podolski are not awesome. Also, I think Capoue or Wanyama >>> Fellaini or Bender.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

free_cat wrote:
Surag wrote:
Cesar
Wilshere-Fellaini/Bender
Walcott-Rooney-Cazorla
Higuain

Title winning team ?

Higuain is a great signing for Arsenal.
If they signed those other guys, they would surely be challengers. Although they still would need one or two great wingers (I wonder why they don't go for Nani) because Walcott and Podolski are not awesome. Also, I think Capoue or Wanyama >>> Fellaini or Bender.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:20 am

Surag wrote:
Cesar
Wilshere-Fellaini/Bender
Walcott-Rooney-Podolski
Higuain

Title winning team ?

Podolski won't play it will be Cazorla on the left with Gibbs providing width.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next