RealGunner
Yuri Yukuv
Mr Nick09
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Burdisso INSULTED Messi Empty Burdisso INSULTED Messi

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:43 am

Coming from the paper Ole in Argentina, right after the game against columbia, as the players were walking off th pitch, Burdisso insulted messi.
in the spanish text
Burdisso to Messi wrote:Pendejo, la ultima pelota se corre!

In English, "Asshole, we run till the last minute", as Messi was slacking in the final minutes of the game, frustrated with his performance.

They kept at it in the tunel, but later apologized to the group.

Messi is also being criticized in Argentina for not singing the National Anthem before the game.

bounce
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Burdisso INSULTED Messi Empty Re: Burdisso INSULTED Messi

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 am

If argentina draw or lose the next game how likely is it that they will be out of the competition?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 am

like i said in the old forums, they ( people in argentina ) consider half french higuain more "argentine" then messi
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 am

You know, I could bet Messi is a proud patriot (of Argentina). Not his fault that SA defenders have a no nonsense approach, he just isn't accustom to this treatment when playing in Spain..
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:48 am

That doesn't translate to "we run til the last minute"

edit: in fact im not sure "la ultima pelota se corre" makes sense at all...

ultima pelota = last ball
se corre does not = "we" it could be a command, but I think that would be "corra" no?

Last edited by bhends on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

Doc wrote:You know, I could bet Messi is a proud patriot (of Argentina). Not his fault that SA defenders have a no nonsense approach, he just isn't accustom to this treatment when playing in Spain..

he is lucky he wasnt the one getting nutmegged, then again, he was too busy slacking off.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:50 am

I mean, it's a pretty long anthem..
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 am

More or less I think it means; "We run to the last ball". Meaning the last pass or touch.

Makes more sense in Spanish.

Hmm. Wonder if other sources verified this.
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:54 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

he is lucky he wasnt the one getting nutmegged, then again, he was too busy slacking off.

Lol, that would made everyone's day if that were to happen. I wouldn't say slack off, well, until probably the last 20 minutes. He just looked frustrated which of course, is to Colombia's credit, they played an excellent game. As I said, he isn't accustom to this sort of defending and Pep Batista lovely fetish for Barcelona isn't helping either.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:55 am

bhends wrote:That doesn't translate to "we run til the last minute"

se corre does not = "we" it could be a command, but I think that would be "corra" no?

Oops didn't see this. Bhends already clarified that. Also apparently cleaning things up is some how worth Neg Rep?

+1 from me to counter.

I think people Neg Rep Bhends as a reflex these days.
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:01 am

bhends wrote:That doesn't translate to "we run til the last minute"

yh, i stayed away from the word for word translation, because i assumed it was more like an expression, not exactly grammatically correct.

i chose to expressed the idea, last ball= end of the game, last minute. also the "se corre" in french translate to "on courre" which is the general idea of running, the group effect.

at least that's how i approached it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 am

If it was ronaldo in the euro's people instead of messi in the copa wouldn't be defending him so much, I kinda like messi but enough is enough, he shouldn't play deep and he knows it.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 am

Messi is Catalan more than anything
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 am

And I am sure he is not that patriotic. Why? Because we have tons of talented french algerians who don't play for us because they don't give 2 dams about us, and (some) of the ones that play just play for the money and NT opportunity, not out of their heart.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:50 am

The poison that is Burdisso should rather shut his big trap. He was thoroughly rubbish. should have been sent off; should have gave away a penalty; gave away the ball, allowing an almost 1-1 with the keeper. He has no place criticizing Messi. Messi had a bad game, he's had a bad career.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:58 am

"Asshole, we run till the last minute"? He should meet CR7 lulz
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:02 am

Looks like Messi's still struggling, Mentaly. Still waiting for Batista to try and play with Pastore and Messi as SS's.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am

It does make sence what he said. Translating literally what he's saying of course, doesn't.

What he means is that you always fight the last ball. Literally run for it, and don't give up. That's what he means. Messi wasn't at all hot that night, and you could tell it from his expressions. I've never seen Messi so pissed and with lack of spirit.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:51 am

Giovanni10 wrote:The poison that is Burdisso should rather shut his big trap. He was thoroughly rubbish. should have been sent off; should have gave away a penalty; gave away the ball, allowing an almost 1-1 with the keeper. He has no place criticizing Messi. Messi had a bad game, he's had a bad career.

Pretty much Gio, pretty much. If it were Zanetti then maybe it would been easier to stomach.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:30 am

breaking news: Burdisso has been dropped for the next game.... he is to be hung from the highest mountain in Argentina by Batista himself for daring to insult his prreeecciious....
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Coming from the paper Ole in Argentina, right after the game against columbia, as the players were walking off th pitch, Burdisso insulted messi.
in the spanish text

In English, "Asshole, we run till the last minute", as Messi was slacking in the final minutes of the game, frustrated with his performance.

Messi is also being criticized in Argentina for not singing the National Anthem before the game.

bounce

Thats just frakking idiotic. Alot of player don't sing the anthem and iirc messi wasn't the only one not singing the anthem... And why aint the criticizing tevez more? Messi>>>>>>>>>>tevez so far at the copa and as everyone knows messi hasn't been close to his best...

Giggity5313 wrote:If it was ronaldo in the euro's people instead of messi in the copa wouldn't be defending him so much, I kinda like messi but enough is enough, he shouldn't play deep and he knows it.

Not true at all, remember his awful euro 08 or WC? I don't recall cristiano ronaldo getting this much abused. And im pretty sure that messi got criticized more than cr7 at the WC even though he was ALOT better than him

Giggity5313 wrote:And I am sure he is not that patriotic. Why? Because we have tons of talented french algerians who don't play for us because they don't give 2 dams about us, and (some) of the ones that play just play for the money and NT opportunity, not out of their heart.

if messi wasn't patriotic then how come he started a fight with the barca staff for them not allowing him to go the frakking Olympics, one of the least important trophy in the football world. Guardiola was forced to allow messi to go the olympics to keep him happy. That doesn't sound like someone who is unpatriotic.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:21 pm

harhar11 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Coming from the paper Ole in Argentina, right after the game against columbia, as the players were walking off th pitch, Burdisso insulted messi.
in the spanish text

bounce

Thats just frakking idiotic. Alot of player don't sing the anthem and iirc messi wasn't the only one not singing the anthem... And why aint the criticizing tevez more? Messi>>>>>>>>>>tevez so far at the copa and as everyone knows messi hasn't been close to his best...

Giggity5313 wrote:If it was ronaldo in the euro's people instead of messi in the copa wouldn't be defending him so much, I kinda like messi but enough is enough, he shouldn't play deep and he knows it.

Not true at all, remember his awful euro 08 or WC? I don't recall cristiano ronaldo getting this much abused. And im pretty sure that messi got criticized more than cr7 at the WC even though he was ALOT better than him

Giggity5313 wrote:And I am sure he is not that patriotic. Why? Because we have tons of talented french algerians who don't play for us because they don't give 2 dams about us, and (some) of the ones that play just play for the money and NT opportunity, not out of their heart.

if messi wasn't patriotic then how come he started a fight with the barca staff for them not allowing him to go the frakking Olympics, one of the least important trophy in the football world. Guardiola was forced to allow messi to go the olympics to keep him happy. That doesn't sound like someone who is unpatriotic.

Are you kidding? CR is always being abused lmao

People worship messi..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Uruguay Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Fah, i do not know if im the only one that thinks this way, but Messi has been playing a good Copa America, the only problem is that everyone but Messi sucks in Argentina.

He made worldclass goal passes and that retard of Lavessi and Tevez do weird stuff and end up missing.

Uruguay
Uruguay
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Uruguay wrote:Fah, i do not know if im the only one that thinks this way, but Messi has been playing a good Copa America, the only problem is that everyone but Messi sucks in Argentina.

He made worldclass goal passes and that retard of Lavessi and Tevez do weird stuff and end up missing.

I have been saying this all along. His team are selfish ball hogs or simply don't know what 1-2 triangle passing is. Especially Tevez and lavessi. Rather than making a simple pass, they choose to dribble 1,2 players than make a horrible pass.
Another thing I noticed is every time messi gets the ball and is ready to make one of his famous dribbles. Like 4 argentine players would just jump into the penalty box crowding it with defenders. They also do this when tevez cuts in and is trying to take a shot on goal. Even one of his shots hit an argentine player. Messi was standing like 30 yards away waiting for the pass.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Are you kidding? CR is always being abused lmao

People worship messi..

I don't think so mate I mean cristiano ronaldo didn't get this much slack after the euro 08 or the WC 10 even though he was just as bad as messi is now if not more...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next