Art Morte
EL Patron
McAgger
iftikhar
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How will Leverkusen Fare This Season

How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 10 ]
How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_lcap17%How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 23

How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Empty Re: How will Leverkusen Fare This Season

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Easily the most entertaining team to watch in Europe last year, they were unfortunate to crash out against Basel in a tie in which the momentum swung wildly throughout.
They were not unfortunate to crash out against Basel. They came up against Yann Sommer in beast mode (they scored at least one goal in the last 61 matches until they finally met their master)  :coffee:

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

How will Leverkusen Fare This Season - Page 4 Empty Re: How will Leverkusen Fare This Season

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:31 pm

They were unfortunate to come up against the best keeper in the competition before the final :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:47 pm

If Leverkusen don't survive the CL play-off while BMG survive the EL play-off, this could happen to the next Roger Schmidt team, too. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Yann Sommer is overrated imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Sommer Yann is overrated imo.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:04 pm

You're just jealous. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm better looking than him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Sommer is a top 5 keeper ffs
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:17 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'm better looking than him.

Pics or pls go :coffee:

On topic, this is good news for 'Straya, I think Robbie Kruse will continue to progress under his tutelage.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 am

I hope they don't draw Lille or Bilbao. Hope they are good enough to win against the other three.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:38 am

Now that they have made it to the CL, what do you expect of them this season???

I think their squad, both in quality and depth, is inferior than that of Schalke. I would be satisfied with a T4 (T3, preferably) finish, R16 in CL and SF (or beyond) in Cup.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 am

Well, depending on the group, they really should qualify for R16, although it really might get tricky with their high-energy playing style and Roger Schmidt's unwillingness to rotate the players. I hope they won't get into injury troubles as the season gets older.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 am

Leverkusen have less impressive top players than Schalke, yes, but they also have to carry less scrubs and have the far superior coach.

I say Leverkusen make it to 3rd in the Bundesliga this season, and if they don't exactly draw a group of death, they'll make it out of there.

They'll crash out to the first top team they meet in the knockouts of course, I just don't see Roger Schmidt conjuring up the kind of mentality you need to cause an upset within just one season.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
They'll crash out to the first top team they meet in the knockouts of course, I just don't see Roger Schmidt conjuring up the kind of mentality you need to cause an upset within just one season.

I am willing to give him benefit of doubt, specially after that Dortmund performance

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 pm

The win against Dortmund wasn't magnificently defying the odds, though, it was winning 1-0 against a Dortmund team with 8 missing starters, and for the last 30 minutes, Dortmund were laying siege to the Bayer penalty area.

Not to take too much away from the win, but I think that was just them playing well against an opponent that was, on the day, beatable. I want Leverkusen to actually put a top team to the sword for once. To win a match where they're clear underdogs. Bury a objectively big tie, even if it's not against the strongest of opposition, like knocking Marseille out of the UCL, or Benfica, something like that.

Doesn't have to be Real or Chelsea. You know. Just be there when it counts for once.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 pm

I say Leverkusen make it to 3rd in the Bundesliga this season, and if they don't exactly draw a group of death, they'll make it out of there.
I would be pretty happy with that, along with a deep run into the Cup. I don't think anybody is expecting any sensation from them, stability & consistency is what everybody is looking for.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Doesn't have to be Real or Chelsea. You know. Just be there when it counts for once.
Although it would be nice if they could actually manage to defeat Barca for once, and if it was just a meagre 1:0.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 pm

I know the past scars are too strong for us Laughing , when we think about Leverkusen. But I was more impressed with the way they pressed Dortmund and their organisation. It was Leverkusen's organisation and pressin that completely dismantled Dortmund's movement in the final third.

I am expecting that Levekusen may struggle to get three points against teams in BL, who themselves defend in their own half and counterattack. But I may be wrong since I havent seen them play yet against such teams. I am giving that chance to them, thinking that they will defend well against big teams and will just manage to score 1 goal and bring that unexpected upset.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:34 pm

I still remember how the single Barca match (in 2011, I think..?) turned me against Barca instantly. I still remember how Busquets body-checked Gonzalo Castro over the sideline with no intention to go for the ball, Castro slamming into the side advertisements, getting up, shaking himself, only to get a bullshit yellow from the ref, and the Biscuit getting a free kick.

Not that Barca were really at fault for the ref being shitty, but boy did it make me angry.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:08 am

They have drawn Benfica, Monaco & Zenit. Thoughts...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:18 pm

It's an oddly competitive group, each team could advance, though I believe Zenit will be the team to fall short. I think Leverkusen will advance, I simply can't decide between Benfica and Monaco at this stage, I've yet to watch Monaco this season to see how their new arrivals are settling in.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:51 pm

TBH judging on squad and chemistry, Leverkusen should get out of that group. Not a huge embarassment if they don't, but they really should, even if they come in 2nd.

I would be tempted to call it "choking" if they went out.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:46 am

Would anyone upload some clips from yesterday's game...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:44 pm

http://footyroom.com/bayer-leverkusen-3-3-werder-bremen-2014-09/

Brilliant goals but terrible defending from Schmidts side.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Seems like they have found their old 'form' :coffee: :facepalm: :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Neverkusen Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next