Nishankly
mr-r34
Helmer
Red Alert
McAgger
13 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 | - Page 7 Empty Re: Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 |

Post by Red Alert Thu 25 Jul - 5:42:33

Rugby is probably more popular than soccer too. lol

The A league is on the way up though.
Amini went to Dortmund a couple of seasons ago and Marco Rojas (who came from Melb Vic) has just went to the Bundesliga as well.

To be fair to Suarez, not many people that came on in the second half bar Lucas, and maybe Kelly, looked to play in the second half. I'll have to watch the game again though. Don't get me wrong, Luis attitude was very poor and disappointing*, but everyone is talking about Luis and not looking at the other players that came on.

*Can't really blame him too. He never looked to be in the right attitude even before he came on the pitch. He had his jacket over his head majority of the time he was on the bench in the first half. He has a lot in his mind with this whole transfer saga / his future.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 | - Page 7 Empty Re: Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 |

Post by Nishankly Thu 25 Jul - 6:17:31

something-red wrote:
Nishank wrote:Aspas tearing it up ffs

2 goals now both goals have been "poacher" like. Proud

His goal yesterday was all Suarez; Luis didn't pass that. He drilled it into Aspas foot for it to go in. His goal against Preston was poor keeping - the goalkeeper dived away from the ball...

That's a small sign of poaching, You dont score unless you shoot. Proud
We want goals like these from a different player, a shot from outside the box and a tap in inside the D from a player bar Suarez, No doubt this guy improves us massively.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 25 Jul - 6:25:09

That wasn't poaching, though. Suarez deliberately drilled the ball into the box for the ball to go in the back of the net.

That goal against Preston would of been saved 9.9 times out of 10 in the PL.

I'm not saying he won't improve the squad, but he needs to work on his finishing if he is to get anything more than 10+ in the league. Borini is the same.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 25 Jul - 8:23:46

something-red wrote:Suarez deliberately drilled the ball into the box for the ball to go in the back of the net.

This, Suarez put it into a dangerous area and Aspas poached it in.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 25 Jul - 11:25:49

Aspas did not "poach" it. Suarez delibrately put power behind the ball for the ball to hit Aspas (or the defender next to him) to go in. Suarez is known to smack the ball into another player for the ball to go into the back of the net. Aspas did absolutely nothing there but to stand in the right spot. Think back to Everton against Baines and think back to Chelsea against Essien.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu 25 Jul - 12:56:42

Luckily or unluckily, i could not see the last 20 minutes of the match because of s scheduled meeting, so i hate these timings.
Going by player by player,
Hendo: his technique doesnt seem to be enough to play in tight spaces, he lost ball 1 or 2 times in a crucial build up. He recently said that he is trying to develop and refine his skills. I hope he does that.

Sterling: i wish to make him stand against a wall and make him shoot 1000 times everyday and make him shoot the same spot he finds it for the first time, was so wasteful.

Borini: played better in the second half, but i guess he still created space for gerrard for the first goal.

Wisdom: I said in the previous match also, he looks solid and if he goes out on loan i hope he goes out to a EPL club. He surely looked composed and fearless with the ball except sometimes he tried doing too much.

Skrtel: looks like the beast is coming back to his old form, he actually took command and distributed ball quite effectively. Most of the times he was looking to play the ball forward.

Robinson: i am curious, how come flano played ahead of him when he played good in the last match.

Allen: surely looked better than his late form in the last season. I think he can be good for us in the coming season.

Now eagerly waiting for the next game.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 25 Jul - 13:21:24

To be honest, everyone in the starting XI in the first half need to improve their finishing. Gerrard and Henderson wer the only ones that scored more than twice in the training drill before the game. The keeper was Brad Jones...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 25 Jul - 17:58:33

something-red wrote: Aspas did not "poach" it. Suarez delibrately put power behind the ball for the ball to hit Aspas (or the defender next to him) to go in. Suarez is known to smack the ball into another player for the ball to go into the back of the net. Aspas did absolutely nothing there but to stand in the right spot. Think back to Everton against Baines and think back to Chelsea against Essien.

You must be joking Laughing

Aspas directed the ball into the net. Nishy is right, that was a poachers goal. He didn't just stand there and let it hit him. Plus you said you haven't even watched the game yet, it's really hard to see something so small live in the stadium so reserve your judgement until you watch the match or at least highlights of the goal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 25 Jul - 18:22:32

something-red wrote: Aspas did absolutely nothing there but to stand in the right spot.

poaching instinct ffs Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 25 Jul - 18:58:27

http://www.gizoogle.net/tranzizzle.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goallegacy.net%2Ft31829p144-preseason-match-3-melbourne-victory-vs-liverpool-fc-july-24&se=Go+Git+Dis+Shiznit

rofl rofl rofl

ynwa wrote wrote:Suarez deliberately drilled tha bizzle tha *bleep* into tha box fo' tha bizzle ta go up in tha back of tha net. Put yo *bleep* choppers up if ya feel this *bleep*!

Nishank wrote wrote:This, Suarez put it tha *bleep* into a gangbangin' *bleep* up area n' Aspas poached it in. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch.

McAgger wrote wrote: It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack.

Okay now ill stop Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 25 Jul - 19:46:12

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu 25 Jul - 19:59:04

Nishank wrote:http://www.gizoogle.net/tranzizzle.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goallegacy.net%2Ft31829p144-preseason-match-3-melbourne-victory-vs-liverpool-fc-july-24&se=Go+Git+Dis+Shiznit

rofl roflrofl

ynwa wrote wrote:Suarez deliberately drilled tha bizzle tha *bleep* into tha box fo' tha bizzle ta go up in tha back of tha net. Put yo *bleep* choppers up if ya feel this *bleep*!

Nishank wrote wrote:This, Suarez put it tha *bleep* into a gangbangin' *bleep* up area n' Aspas poached it in. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch.

McAgger wrote wrote: It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack.

Okay now ill stop Laughing
frrrracking fack Laughing , how did i miss this conversation

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 25 Jul - 20:01:18

HMR check this thread out

http://www.goallegacy.net/t31884-gizooglenet
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun 28 Jul - 5:01:54

So I finally came back from Melbourne today guys and thought I’d share my experience with some of you.

Well I guess I’ll start with the training session at the MCG a day before the game. We rocked up about 30 mins before the stadium was open and lined up to get in. Tickets only cost $5-15 and all proceeds were donated to charity, which I thought was a nice gesture by LFC. Whilst waiting to get in there were a few guys here and there throwing some chants, basic ones like the Stevie G song and the Liverpool one (basically just repeating Liverpool). We also sung the Manchester is full of shit song, gave a bit extra for that song. We waited a while for the boys to come out and train, and not surprisingly they were just a tad late. But once they did come out a massive roar from the 15-20k crowd greeted them. They started off with a lap around the G lead by our great captain Stevie G.I had a front row seat so I was super pumped to get a close(if you can call it that considering it’s the G) view of him and the team. Not surprisingly Suarez was at the end of the pack, he didn’t look to well into it, jetlag or lack of ambition could be the reason behind his sulking like attitude but I really just don’t give a shit anymore, no point running through the emotions till the end of the window. They trained for about an hour and a half showing off their ball skills and having a small game at the end. They took pictures with a group of kids, and then hurried off to the change rooms and hotels.  

My mates and I decided to hurry off to their hotel to try and get a glimpse of them just before they knock off. As we were driving and trying to find a spot to park, their team bus was driving in, without a parking spot in sight, I just decided to jump out and chase the bus so id didn’t miss out on anything. I had just made it in time to see all the boys get off the bus, I got right next to the hotel door so I got a front row view of all our boys. Nearly all the guys just walked through into the hotel but a few stopped for signatures. From what I remember only Hendo, Agger and Brendan Rodgers stopped and signed shirts. Let me make this point clear if you didn’t know by now, AGGER bleeds LFC. He was the first off the bus and last in the hotel. *bleep* brilliant, I love the guy. Credit to BR as well he spent a bit with the fans and to a lesser extent hendo.

My positioning allowed to get right up and close with the players as their wasn’t a barrier in front of me and I managed to get BR to come get a picture with me, I think I was the only one to manage this, at that time. I called BR over and he came and we took a picture together, I then went to check it out after and had found my mate had rushed the picture and only got a shot of me and BR below the chest. What rotten luck, standard hahahaha. After dealing with that heart break and seeing Agger walk past I just grabbed the guy demanded he take a picture and he complied, so I guess it was well worth it though, a picture with Agger, was *bleep* stoked after that one.
The next day was game so I decided to get into the city at around 11am for a round of drinks and chants before the game. The NSW LFC supporters group arranged a meet up at a Pub so I decided to get in early. I was by myself for a few hours, not that I minded until all my mates came about later. Let me tell you I had sprained my ankle bad the week before at indoor so I was on and off crutches for a few days. I decided to gamble on my ankle on being right for the day, but boy was I wrong. A few hours into in my leg just had it and I really couldn’t walk no more, a taxi to the chemist and I was sorted, ice gel and pain killers did the trick, mind you I was taking them like candy ahahaha.  

Anyways after a few drinks the pub got going, I bloody love my pre game pub and sing-along. Being heavily into active support I love heading to the pub and active section for every wanderers game, so I was hoping the LFC pre game pub would top this, and boy did it. All I can say is these scousers dead set know how to have a great time before a game. The pub lead out into the street and it got jam packed with people watching us do our thing a few News reporters swung past and I made it on TV =] hahaha. Anyways just hanging around with when my mates came and singing along to some of our classic chants was one of the best moments for me. I gotta hand it to whoever makes them up, there bloody great.

My fav for no apparent reason was the Gary Macca one, when sung by a proper scouse from Liverpool with the accent sounds mint. Found a video from the day, but it isn’t done by a scouser from Liverpool. Sounds much better IRL.

Gary Maca:

We sang songs for everyone including Stevie G, Suarez,Carra, Rise, Garcia(*bleep* love this one), Best midfield in the world chantand many others. Had a few for the new boys

Couthino
Couthino :

Mignolet(Love this one)
Mignolet:

After the singing along to all the songs and having a few beers, it was time to march to the G. Once we got to the G the waiting game started. I managed to get a single last minute ticket to sit in the Aussie KOP. The game approached and the players warmed up, and then went back in and came out for the match. Let me say now when YNWA started playing and the G got into it, WOW what a sight 95k people singing YNWA alone is, goose bumps all round. If you haven’t seen it get on it now.

Everybody knows how the match went so no need for me to get too much into it.

Key highlights for me were seeing Stevie G scored a goal at my end, *bleep* loved it, I can die now ahahahaha. Him celebrating as well like it meant something was awesome, he understands any goal be it a friendly scored for LFC means something, especially showcasing our club in front of a massive crowd for the first time ever.

The crowd started a we want Suarez chant, the camera zoomed into him, no acknowledgment first time round, cheers dickhead, 30-40k people screaming your name and not even a smile or wave. Pissed me off a bit, but meh, ill wait for the end of the window.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 28 Jul - 5:57:49

Mrr it looks like you've live through my ultimate dream. I can't stress enough how jealous I am right now, but you deserve it. All those fans down in the Oz deserve it. Cheers drinking drinking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT for gifs

Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 | - Page 7 IziJv1JWKt7jV

Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 | - Page 7 Tumblr_mqfy82izJq1ruzhcvo2_250

Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 | - Page 7 Tumblr_mqfwlnhAGx1rvaluxo2_500

Preseason Match #3 | Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC | July 24 | - Page 7 Tumblr_mqfwlnhAGx1rvaluxo1_500

Last edited by McAgger on Sun 9 Feb - 10:01:07; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun 28 Jul - 11:33:05

I read somewhere that we Australia has the most Reds fans after UK. Don't know how accurate it is, but that's a top effort.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7