Freeza
RealGunner
LeSwagg James
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who's the LeBron James of Football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's the LeBron James of Football?

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Gil wrote:Gerrard could play any position as well too.

He started off as a fullback has played CM, AM, DM, CF, LW, RW etc

One of the most gifted players I've ever seen.

And LeGOAT is one of the greatest athletes of all time but he never guaranteed a finals appearance until he went to team up with a solid supporting cast in Miami which is why I made the Gerrard comparison.

I feel as though many people have forgotten how amazing of a physical specimen Gerrard was in his prime which is why they find it so hard to comprehend this comparison. Athletically, he was second to none. Fast, strong, agile, balanced etc etc.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Who's the LeBron James of Football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's the LeBron James of Football?

Post by Uncanny Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Ehh I feel Ronaldo should be the Lebron James of football. One cuz he is hated and loved, and two he plays in a galacticos team and the heat is considered the most glamorous in the nba.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Freeza wrote:Hard to find a football player with the hairline of Robben, the body and all around ability as Yaya Toure, and the statistical output of Messi
More importantly, who is the Scalabrine of Football :hmm:

Who's the LeBron James of Football? - Page 2 Image21
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:16 pm

I always though of Ronaldo as the Lebron James of football for the reasons uncanny said, plus the fact they're both physical freaks, both seem arrogant and both won a fair share of trophies in their career
Although a couple of things that make my point moot is that Lebron can be one of the best of all time and I can't see Ronaldo getting close and the defending part

Kobe is more like pirlo, both in the twilight of their careers and absolutely important for their respective teams, no?
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:25 pm

drogba? don't meet the fame requirements though, but probably as close as it gets excluding ronaldo etc. but i'd go with drogba. aggressive, physcal play but has skill and isn't shit defensively. maybe overall it should be ronaldo who knows
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Although I can see why people are mentioning gerrard.. Beauty of a player
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Something Gil missed was Lebron is more of a creator for others than allout scoring machine like Kobe or MJ.

So when thinking of someone you have to consider someone who looks to make plays and make his team mates better before himself.

I really struggle to think of anyone Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Something Gil missed was Lebron is more of a creator for others than allout scoring machine like Kobe or MJ.

So when thinking of someone you have to consider someone who looks to make plays and make his team mates better before himself.

He doesn't look to make his team mates better, he looks for assists. In basketball, the difference is huge.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Meh you caught me not portraying my message very well again Mad

Basically what I was trying to say as in better numbers.

However I still can't think of anyone like that.

Its hard to cross ove sports with playing styles.

The Kobe and CR thing was eerily on point though Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Zaha
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:15 pm

The overrating of Lebron James is amazing...  Shaq was infinitely more dominant than James.  Why?  They changed the rules because Shaq was unstoppable.  Before Shaq, zone defense was illegal, you could use the ball to shove people out of the way and offensive fouls were almost impossible to get in the paint.

Once they change the rules to stop Lebron, then i'll put him that category.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Nirgall wrote:Maradona wasn't athletically dominant at all. Maradona should be compared to Magic Johnson, except more relevant when it came to results.

Athletically dominant means what? Being big?

No not really. Iniesta is an example of someone that isn't a dominant athlete, as he has little strength, and nearly no speed or power. Many playmakers fall into that category, maradona wasn't one of them as he had incredible body strength balance and powerful acceleration.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Nirgall wrote:Maradona wasn't athletically dominant at all. Maradona should be compared to Magic Johnson, except more relevant when it came to results.

No not really. Iniesta is an example of someone that isn't a dominant athlete, as he has little strength, and nearly no speed or power. Many playmakers fall into that category, maradona wasn't one of them as he had incredible body strength balance and powerful acceleration.

Rolling Eyes
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:35 pm

jibers wrote:Zaha

Rolling Eyes
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Rolling Eyes

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 pm

But it wasn't his acceleration or body balance that made him unstopable. There has been many players with equal or greater acceleration and body balance than maradona. None of them had they same level of coordination and precision of movement he had in his left foot. He was a techniche player.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

jibers wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Proud

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrkl5MxxA1qao2x8o1_500.jpg
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 am

Why are people comparing Ronaldo to LeBron.

In terms of physical gifts yeah they are somewhat similar by CR doesn't have anywhere near the impact Lebron does on the field.

Defense, leadership, assisting, scoring...literally everything imaginable.

Ronaldo is more like Kobe. High scoring player but does it inefficiently. Both are accused of being selfish and incapable of making their teammates better as well.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Something Gil missed was Lebron is more of a creator for others than allout scoring machine like Kobe or MJ.

He doesn't look to make his team mates better, he looks for assists. In basketball, the difference is huge.

Oh my Laughing

sportsczy wrote:The overrating of Lebron James is amazing...  Shaq was infinitely more dominant than James.  Why?  They changed the rules because Shaq was unstoppable.  Before Shaq, zone defense was illegal, you could use the ball to shove people out of the way and offensive fouls were almost impossible to get in the paint.

Once they change the rules to stop Lebron, then i'll put him that category.

So because LeBron isn't a 7 foot monster who bully's people around and didn't get rules changed he isn't dominant? He dominates the game in more ways than Shaq ever did..

Is Shaq the best player of all time then?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:06 am

As far as dominance, Shaq and Wilt were the only two who had rule changes against them which were major.  In their prime, they were the two most dominant forces ever. Lebron is lucky he's playing in the worst big man era in NBA history by far... the lanes are wide open.

Also, Kobe will pick up the phone after Lebron rings it up 5 times...  2 is for amateurs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:09 am

Swagg i didn't mean what i wrote in that post read my follow up posts before laughing :coffee:

Also laughing is mean Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:12 am

That was directed at LeSam's comment actually lol, my bad I should of edited it properly but I'm on my iPhone and its annoying
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:12 am

albino 
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:14 am

sportsczy wrote:As far as dominance, Shaq and Wilt were the only two who had rule changes against them which were major.  In their prime, they were the two most dominant forces ever.  Lebron is lucky he's playing in the worst big man era in NBA history by far...  the lanes are wide open.  

Also, Kobe will pick up the phone after Lebron rings it up 5 times...  2 is for amateurs.

3 of Kobe's rings came with the Shaq, the man you praise for being so dominant.. Shaq also won the finals MVP on all three occasions Laughing

LeBron has passed Kobe on individual ability a while ago, just give him time to win more Championships :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:18 am

Kobe is considered a top 6 player ever by a poll of the hall of fame basketball players last year.  Jordan-Kareem-Magic-Russell-Wilt-Kobe.  Lebron has a looooong way to go to get into this group.  He needs about 5 more year at top elite level.  Only then will be considered.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:33 am

Lol, I agree he still has some work to do but he will definitely pass Kobe on any all time rankings barring any career threatening injury..

Magic Johnson said he can be the greatest of all time, and he competed against Jordan and is considered a top 5 player all time himself.. The praise goes both ways :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next