Freeza
RealGunner
LeSwagg James
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who's the LeBron James of Football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's the LeBron James of Football?

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:03 am

Lol, I agree he still has some work to do but he will definitely pass Kobe on any all time rankings barring any career threatening injury..

Magic Johnson said he can be the greatest of all time, and he competed against Jordan and is considered a top 5 player all time himself.. The praise goes both ways :coffee:

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who's the LeBron James of Football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's the LeBron James of Football?

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 am

Gil wrote:Keep in mind he'd probably have to be an athletic freak capable of impacting the game both offensively and defensively while being the primary source of goals(points) for his teammates

Messi - Jordan - Simply the GOAT. Both basketball and football have never seen such a dominant and consistent player on offense.

Ronaldo - Kobe  - Similar statistical output and often compared with MJ but ultimately comes up short when it comes to effciency, individual accolades and standout moments.

Drogba - Shaq - Due to their athletic gifts and rare coordination for the size both simply are unplayable whenever their up for it but perhaps never took the sport as seriously as they should have.

Torres - McGrady - Had a couple of outstanding seasons and were once considered the best but injuries derailed their careers and both are the butt of unfunny jokes now.

Couple of obvious ones for me.

Anyway thinking it over its probably Gerrard. Only difference is instead of moving to Chelsea (Heat) to further his career Stevie stuck with his hometown team and instead of finishing his career as maybe Top 5 all time inferior players like Iniesta, Xavi, Pirlo and Scholes will be ranked ahead of him when his career is over. Pretty much ruined his legacy outside Scouseland.

Can't say Messi is Jordan since he hasn't won a world cup, the Jordan goes to either Pele or Maradona
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:37 am

There is no way Lebron is better than Kobe...
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 am

Jordan goes to Pele since they are both douche bags who claim they are the best ever and no one will never pass them.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 am

Except Jordan aint ever said that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

To my knowledge, Jordan never called himself the best ever. That job was left for everyone else. Pele on the other hand...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:32 am

Doc wrote:To my knowledge, Jordan never called himself the best ever. That job was left for everyone else. Pele on the other hand...

Laughing

Go watch his hall of fame speech.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 am

Gil wrote:
Doc wrote:To my knowledge, Jordan never called himself the best ever. That job was left for everyone else. Pele on the other hand...

Laughing

This. He won't admit the obvious fact that if he was playing today he would get owned by Lebron who is the most talented players of his generation and if not going to be one of the best ever.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:28 am

Gil wrote:

Laughing

Unless there is a different hall of fame speech, this one doesn't have him boasting he is the best ever...

http://thelongshorttrader.com/2013/02/18/michael-jordans-hall-of-fame-enshrinement-speech-highly-applicable-to-market-participants/

Last edited by Doc on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't think the transcript was that long...jeez)
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm disadvantaged in that I know effectively nothing about basketball, however from the short description of criteria given, Ballack comes immediately to my mind. Given that I have only a vague grasp on what Lebron brings to his side though I'll have to merely leave it as a suggestion and let someone else argue any finer points of this debate if it's going to remain cross-code.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm

juveman17 wrote:
Gil wrote:

Laughing

This. He won't admit the obvious fact that if he was playing today he would get owned by Lebron who is the most talented players of his generation and if not going to be one of the best ever.

Ummm Jordan would get owned by Lebron Laughing

Jordan was quicker than Lebron, better shooter, better in 1v1 defence, better in almost everything except passing and of course Lebron is much stronger than him..

You can say Lebron may surpass him but as of right now Jordan is much better than him. And also Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Russel.

I really want to like Lebron, but it's ridiculous statements like this which turns me off, would own Jordan lol. Not today, not 10 years ago, not 10 years later would he own Jordan.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Kids who never watched him playing talking about things they never seen.

Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:00 pm

You can sort of gauge the ppl who have never seen Jordan play.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:Kids who never watched him playing talking about things they never seen.

Laughing

One I'm not a kid. Two, we all talk about players we have never seen in football no? This time it's not different. It's assumed I haven't seen Jordan due to my age. Also if your calling me a kid, then I can easily just say your an oldie who is being nostalgic about Jordan.

Lebron would own Jordan physically due to the sheer fact that Lebron is one of the best athletes the world has seen. He's really fast, tall, and strong.

Stats:

LeBron James: 6’8” 250 lb.

Speed (40 yd dash/100 m dash)

LeBron James: 4.92 sec/11.58 sec

Calvin Johnson: 4.33 sec/10.23 sec

Usain Bolt: 4.05/9.58 (World Record)

Compared to other NFL players and runners, you see just how physically dominating to the fact where he could almost play any sport.

Another reason why I think people are still hung up on Jordan is the fact he was such a well marketed player. His famous shoe brand line has made a common assumption that Jordan is and always be the best player. An example that mirrors him in soccer would be David Beckham who isn't the best player or anywhere near it but is at times the most well know player.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm absolutely certain people are still "hung up" on Jordan due to his basketball legacy he left behind and not so much his clothing apparel line.

Lebron wouldn't be owning Jordan. It would have been a wonderful rivalry to take in. Of course, the Bulls team that did the first and second 3-peat would beat the Heat but that goes without saying...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:55 pm

juveman17 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Kids who never watched him playing talking about things they never seen.

Laughing

One I'm not a kid. Two, we all talk about players we have never seen in football no? This time it's not different. It's assumed I haven't seen Jordan due to my age. Also if your calling me a kid, then I can easily just say your an oldie who is being nostalgic about Jordan.

Lebron would own Jordan physically due to the sheer fact that Lebron is one of the best athletes the world has seen. He's really fast, tall, and strong.

Stats:

LeBron James: 6’8” 250 lb.

Speed (40 yd dash/100 m dash)

LeBron James: 4.92 sec/11.58 sec

Calvin Johnson: 4.33 sec/10.23 sec

Usain Bolt: 4.05/9.58 (World Record)

Compared to other NFL players and runners, you see just how physically dominating to the fact where he could almost play any sport.

Another reason why I think people are still hung up on Jordan is the fact he was such a well marketed player. His famous shoe brand line has made a common assumption that Jordan is and always be the best player. An example that mirrors him in soccer would be David Beckham who isn't the best player or anywhere near it but is at times the most well know player.

1. Your profile says 17

2. No, if I aint seen something, dont know something, I shut up and let people who do know about it speak.

3. Basketball is a game of skill, not atletics. I dont care how fast he runs the 40m dash. In a half court setting, how often does he run 40m? Never is the answer.

4. Lebron's athletic ability is overrated anyway. Quickness, jumping, strength...all more important than flat out speed. Jordan was quicker, jumped just as well and contrary to what people think, is just as strong. Go search about Ron Artest, an actual NBA player who has guarded both guys. He says Jordan is just as strong...and Artest guarded a 40 year old Jordan...Lebron got 2 inches on him? Makes hardly any difference.

5. Nostalgic? Why would I be? I aint a Bulls fans. I just got eyes and aint blinded by new age flash and hype. Jordan is the best player I ever seen, point blank period.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:05 pm

It's kind of a stupid standard to set,in basketball attacking and defending are much closer related,especially for a single player than in football.You will never find a footballer like that,closest you will get is a box to box mid who won't be an attacking miracle and a defensive beast but will have the two traits.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't know what world you live in but 17 isn't considered a "kid" at all.

Well people often talk about Maradona vs Pele but none of us can say we watched them.

Basketball is a combo of both skill and athletics. If it wee just skill then John Wall would be the best player in the NBA Laughing

As seen by the stats, he isn't overrated what so ever.
The fact that he is only less than a second slower than Usain Bolt is utterly ridiculous. Not to mention the others stats for vertical and strength outclass Jordan on every level.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:24 pm

NBA talk should never leave the NBA thread.

Easily GL's best thread Proud

Leave it to Gil to open a Pandoras box of nonsense BTW. Seems he has given up trying to derail the quality basketball discussion in the "TODW>Y" thread, and turned toward the General section to get in his basketball trolling.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Juveman, you can't compare Jordan to Beckham like that bro rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 pm

I just wanted to use a close example of two players who were marketed extremely well.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 pm

But you also said he isn't anywhere near being the best player which is ridiculous
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:36 pm

I said Beckham could never be near considered as the best ever and that's the truth.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 pm

I wonder if this discussion can be moved to the NBA thread ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Surag wrote:I wonder if this discussion can be moved to the NBA thread ?

Please No.

Don't pollute that thread with this.

This thread is ripe for the Lock ffs.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Surag wrote:I wonder if this discussion can be moved to the NBA thread ?

Please No.

Don't pollute that thread with this.

This thread is ripe for the Lock ffs.

Agreed,close this POS thread.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next