neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 23 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Casciavit Sun May 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Deja Vu wrote:My point was that while Neymar often looks for Messi for those tap-ins, he more than often ignores Suarez when he is in similar positions, and instead goes for the goal which isn't necessarily always a bad thing but it's something I found interesting. I can't name any specific matches for examples but I know for sure I often saw Suarez yelling at Neymar in situations he went for glory instead of crossing to Suarez for an easy tap-in.

From the games I've seen I have noticed the same thing tbh.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 23 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:25 am

if you are talking about suarez yelling at teammates for not passing, thats nothing new and we already have discussed it long before. I dont like that yelling. i thought he significantly reduced that behaviour last few games he played but he did so again in the final (probably due to lack of goals and fitness). In no way, that is execusable.
Forwards have every rights to make the decision. As mentioned previously all our players tried to feed Messi, ending up nothing. That was mainly because those players had been low on confidence. But none of the Neymar and Suarez are and so we are devastating up front. If you feed messi everytime you are predictabe and job are easily done. I have full confidence in Neymar finishing. so i dont mind if few of his shots go to gallery. Look at one touch finishing from the left that was wrongly called offside (though tight), top class.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:47 am

alexjanosik wrote:Had a blinder against City.
Didnt score but he was unplayable.For my money,his best ever CL performance.What made the performance even more impressive was his defensive contribution.He was not just pressing.He was tracking back,getting into defensive positions, keeping an eye on runners and hustling everyone.
Deserved a goal and a shame he missed the penalty.
If Messi plays with the intent he showed yesterday,we win the CL at a canter.Dont care who we play.He is unplayable in this sort of form.

Seems like my prediction is going to come true.If he plays like he has been playing,we destroy Juve.That is not arrogance.That is the honest truth.
Also shows that I have been very objective about Messi and not critiquing wihtout reason(as most here have said).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:45 am

You're a genius. Who would have thought a hungry, on-form Messi would lead us to winning the CL? Mind-blowing stuff.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:59 am

a couple of months ago
"messi should be sold"
now
"man i told you guys"
lol okay.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:04 am

Deja Vu wrote:You're a genius. Who would have thought a hungry, on-form Messi would lead us to winning the CL? Mind-blowing stuff.

Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:56 am

dat lazy bastard
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:35 pm

dejavu

The sarcasm is extremely uncalled for.I was just going back over the thread and saw my post.Thought I would quote it considering everyone accuses me of being a Messi hater.
I dont claim to be a genius but I dont see anyone else claiming as far back as the City first leg that we would win the CL at a CANTER.Please note the word canter in there(it being a key word and all).If someone else has made the claim,please show me the post.It is quite convenient with the power of hindsight to claim that you knew all along that Messi would lead us to CL glory.

Last edited by alexjanosik on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Mobe along donuts.
I make an informed opinion based on what I see and I dont change opinions every week unlike some on here.
I stand by what I said.He doesnt put in consistent effort and there is no guarantee that he will be the same next season.
IMO he needs to be sold and we would be a better team replacing him with another player(a more consistent one across the big games definitely).
We would be able to rediscover the pressing(organized relentless pressing is a crucial and immense tactical weapon in the modern game which we just dont possess).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm

There's no player more consistent than Messi in big games. Lol.

We are pressing quite well this season, and Messi is doing just fine in most games as proved by the fact he has recovered more games in this season than in any other season.

Him walking sometimes has to be accepted so he can be fresh when we get the ball and for other games. I'd advise you to just deal with it instead of keep on nagging about it, because Messi is staying. Forever.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:43 pm

"Messi leads us to CL win" and "Sell Messi we dont need him"

Two opposite phrases in one comment. This guy really became joke of himself
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Word of advice ahmad.Dont resort to insults when you cant argue logically.
I will explain again.I said we win the CL IF Messi plays like he did against City.Please pay attention to the IF in the statement.In the City game,he was not a liability.He was moving off the ball,pressing,defending deep, getting into position in a midfield 4 etc.All beside his usual brilliance on the ball.
But thats not how he plays majority of the games. And there is no guarantee he will play like that next season.
Which is why I want him sold as I believe we can be just as good and successful replacing him with an elite player.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:37 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Word of advice ahmad.Dont resort to insults when you cant argue logically.
I will explain again.I said we win the CL IF Messi plays like he did against City.Please pay attention to the IF in the statement.In the City game,he was not a liability.He was moving off the ball,pressing,defending deep, getting into position in a midfield 4 etc.All beside his usual brilliance on the ball.
But thats not how he plays majority of the games. And there is no guarantee he will play like that next season.
Which is why I want him sold as I believe we can be just as good and successful replacing him with an elite player.

I am sorry, but NO. Even walking Massi is miles ahead of any viable replacement out there. Especially now, that he can walk and pass to the players who can actually do something once they receive the pass. So, selling Messi is the worst idea you have presented ever in this forum. He just needs to show his hunger in important games!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:39 pm

If Messi was gone last summer, as alex was suggesting, there would be no potential treble right Now. So alex, who do you want to replace Messi exactly?

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:52 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Which is why I want him sold as I believe we can be just as good and successful replacing him with an elite player.

The *bleep* are you talking about? Messi is irreplaceable. No 'elite' player can fill his shoes, they're too big, he's a once in a century player.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:54 pm

If Barca decided to sell Messi there is not a single club who would not bid for him. They will take lazy Messi with their eye colsed.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Alex just stop Laughing
all is forgiven just move on stop making a fool of yourself
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:26 am

Donuts wrote:Alex just stop Laughing
all is forgiven just move on stop making a fool of yourself

New month has started.Isnt it time for you to renew your membership to MSN(the Messi Society of Nuthuggers)? Or is it a yearly subscription?
Have yet to see you offer a single logical,coherent well thought post.Learn to engage in a rational discussion and bring points.Would serve you better than membership to MSN.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:29 am

Reading posts of the Messi fanboys,one would be fooled into thinking that we would become a scrub team without Messi.
We would still be a top 2 team(arguably even the best) if we sold him and invested the money wisely.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:41 am

Come on kids. Let’s enjoy his extra-terrestrial form and leave this argument behind.
It’s a CL final week anyway
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:02 am

alexjanosik wrote:Reading posts of the Messi fanboys,one would be fooled into thinking that we would become a scrub team without Messi.
We would still be a top 2 team(arguably even the best) if we sold him and invested the money wisely.

Sure, it's so easy to invest the money wisely, as Tottenham and Liverpool did after selling their Messi's. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And there are plenty of Messi level players out there.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:33 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Reading posts of the Messi fanboys,one would be fooled into thinking that we would become a scrub team without Messi.

Not a scrub team but we wouldn't win shit this season if not for him.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Love his new boots

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 23 475603098-barcelona-media-day-gettyimages
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Hate his new tattoos. Neutral
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:46 pm

The leg one is atrocious. But the sleeve is pretty badass imo.

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 23 Lionel-messis-new-ink-1430847188805

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Alex i think once you made a mistake by saying "sell messi". now you try hard to prove your point. Learn to admit mistakes dont be like a 7 years old boy. I feel like you want to lick Messi's ass right now (especially after his last show) but your silly and childish pride doesnt allow it

Messi was at his best in important games. Vs city psg bayern a.madrid a.bilbao.
Why you want Messi at his best against Deportivo or Eibar? This is childish argument. And you dont know if he will work hard next season? Why think so much? This is just obsession to justify your "once made" mistake
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next