FalcaoPunch
aleumdance
ÖMARz
Mr Nick09
redsnoopy
57 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Spanish league is a boring two-horse race - Page 5 Empty Re: Spanish league is a boring two-horse race

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:11 am

S wrote:If Bayern decide to play,it becomes a cakewalk for them.If they dont,the league suddenly becomes 'competitive'.Thats Bundesliga in a nutshell for you.

Quoting Der Kaiser : The only team that can beat Bayern is themselves.That says it all really. :coffee:
Sadly, this is true. League is based on Bayern's strength & when they decide splurge on another cycle, to which point it becomes a dead-end title race come Winter Transfers.

It doesn't or cannot be applied to other leagues.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Spanish league is a boring two-horse race - Page 5 Empty Re: Spanish league is a boring two-horse race

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 am

It's not really boring because winning a CL spot is a competition in itself. I mean EPL was a really a 2 horse race last couple of seasons too... Bundi and Serie A were runaways last year by Bayern and Juve. Only Dortmund looks like they can compete with Bayern this year and Juve is again big favorites in Serie A.

Now maybe the gap between the top 2 and the other teams is larger. However, you put either Madrid or Barca in any of the to leagues in Europe... and the gap would still be as huge.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 am

I always have a bit of a laugh when people say Dortmund can compete with Bayern in the league. Didn't they lose by over 20pts last season? Only a Bayern Munich implosion or Dortmund being knocked out of the CL early gives Dortmund a chance of winning. They simply don't have the depth to compete on 2 fronts.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 am

Forza wrote:I always have a bit of a laugh when people say Dortmund can compete with Bayern in the league. Didn't they lose by over 20pts last season? Only a Bayern Munich implosion or Dortmund being knocked out of the CL early gives Dortmund a chance of winning. They simply don't have the depth to compete on 2 fronts.
Before last season, Dortmund had won the Bundesliga twice in a row. Last season, Bayern was head and shoulders above the rest, but Guardiola has completely changed Bayern's style of play. To directly assume that it would be as dominant as Heynckes' system last season would be naive. (Also, although it is only one game, Dortmund's Supercup win over Bayern may foreshadow what could happen this season).

In my opinion, the BL title race will be decided during the last few matchdays.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 am

Bayern should just open a Bank..

they would make Goldman Sachs look like little boys
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:34 am

S wrote:If Bayern decide to play,it becomes a cakewalk for them.If they dont,the league suddenly becomes 'competitive'.Thats Bundesliga in a nutshell for you.

Quoting Der Kaiser : The only team that can beat Bayern is themselves.That says it all really. :coffee:
Well, fortunately Bayern are very apt in shooting themselves into the knee for at least 50% of the time, thus the BL never fails to entertain. If you saw the season opening, you could see that the new Bayern are very vulnerable in defense.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:17 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
redsnoopy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:all the leagues are the same, ligue1 (monaco/PSG), bundesliga (Bayern/BVB), serie A is a one horse race (Juve), EPL (chelsea/city)

this thread is just for trolling
I must think of a term for those who likes to accuse others of trolling -- mb Trollbootlickers ? Coz they like to talk about trolling day in and out without creating fresh topics for discussion

But anyway, in response to your weak argument,  in ligue1 we have Marseille ready to challenge once it gets a bit stronger, bundelisga yes I agree, serie A is full of equal challengers to juve in the form newly powered Napoli and traditional big clubs Milan and Inter, for EPL who doesn't agree that Man U is in the same tier as city n chel AND at the same time with a bit of luck and powerup Arsenal n liverpool n Spurs are hot on the heels of the top 3

So there, now we know who's the real troll
Milan finished 3rd, 15 points behind Juve. Inter finished 9th...

The_Badger wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:all the leagues are the same, ligue1 (monaco/PSG), bundesliga (Bayern/BVB), serie A is a one horse race (Juve), EPL (chelsea/city)

this thread is just for trolling
Except they aren't. Barca and RM are completely on a different level to the rest of the division.

And how the Hell can you claim the Premier League is a two horse race between Man City and Chelsea when both have only one league title in the last seven seasons?!?!
Wait...the past 7 seasons? You mean dating back to 2006? Did you watch the 2005/06 season? Did you watch the 2009/10 season? Did you watch the 2011/12 season?

Thought I'd point a few awkwardly wrong facts.
At what are these "awkwardly wrong facts". It amazes me how certain people on here (of which there appears to be a common denominator) are forever going around telling people they are 'wrong' and 'incorrect', but never actually take the time elaborate.

You clearly haven't understood the response I made to Mr Nick09's post, so it is probably best you don't make yourself look foolish by butting in.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 am

agree hence my statement in Bundseliga thread, that Bayern have ruined the fun in BL (edit: dominated the league in so many years)

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

agree hence my statement in Bundseliga thread, that Bayern have ruined the fun in BL (edit: dominated the league in so many years)
And its not going to stop.Bayern's financial strength has reached new heights.They will soon become as powerful as Madrid financially.Unless there's foreign ownership rule change in Bundesliga ,be prepared to see Super Munchen domination for another 50 years atleast. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:36 am

S wrote:And its not going to stop.Bayern's financial strength has reached new heights.They will soon become as powerful as Madrid financially.Unless there's foreign ownership rule change in Bundesliga ,be prepared to see Super Munchen domination for another 50 years atleast. :coffee:
I hope foreign ownership will be shunned indefinitely. I don't want the BL to go the way of the BPL where the clubs get mere vehicles for rich owners.

As for Bayern München domination - as I mentioned before - they shoot themselves into their feet often enough, so things stay interesting even though they have more money than other teams.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 am

S wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

And its not going to stop.Bayern's financial strength has reached new heights.They will soon become as powerful as Madrid financially.Unless there's foreign ownership rule change in Bundesliga ,be prepared to see Super Munchen domination for another 50 years atleast. :coffee:
may be but the history says, (as already pointed out by RWO, bayern shooting themselves in leg), that in between you will surely see other teams winning the BL and/or other teams finishing as runners up instead of both Bayern and Dortmund.
But with another perspective, if we talk in 2025, who won the most number of league titles in BL in the past decade, the name popping up will be surely SuperMünchen :bow: and therefore the so called dominance. We will need some extraordinary events for that not to happen

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 am

Don't see how Malaga's owner can be used against La Liga. He is simply not as rich as he wanted us all to believe he was.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 am

Most competitions ends in a 2 horse race or 1 horse race... The epl always has a better illusion of being more competitive in the beginning of the season but in the end it usually is Man utd winning much like Barcelona wins.

Having said that, I prefer watching EPL & Bundesliga not because of who will win the league but as an overall experience it's much more satisfying then watching la liga imo

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't see how Malaga's owner can be used against La Liga. He is simply not as rich as he wanted us all to believe he was.
Also, his venture into football was never a case of him wanting to be like CIty or PSG. He did it for business, he wanted entry on that Andalusian shore business, and he got it. he had no need to waste money on football anymore.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:12 pm

People who claim La Liga is boring just dont watch the league at all, this much is certain. The league is fought between 2 teams for sure, but the race for the Arsene Wenger trophy ( 4th place for the uninitiated) never fails to amaze. Just last season, la real had to wait till the last day to secure it. The relegation dog fight almost never fails to deliver the goods.
2 years back zaragoza strung together an amazing 11 game unbeaten streak to climb out of the relegation spots, after looking certain for the drop. And who can forget Raul Tamudo (who else) scoring in the last minute of the season to rescue Rayo, while condemning Villareal, who themselves had conceded minutes prior???

La Liga May b a two horse league, yet it is far from boring. And lol at the notion that rich Arabs will solve the problem.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
jibers wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:I also think it's hilarious that EPL fans have really deluded themselves into thinking Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't win there league almost every year as well.

Those two teams if thrown into the EPL would dominate that league as well.  I mean Man United usually takes the league and they are Barca and Madrid's play toy.
Madrid's play toy? Is this guy for real? Dude lay of the meth. Madrid were fortunate to beat us. They did not perform against any elite teams under Mourinho. Barcelona beat us twice yet they raped every big team in those 2 seasons bar Chelsea. They battered Madrid 5-0 if I rememebr correctly, Arsenal did not have a shot on goal in the second leg, in 09 they embarrassed Bayern. So I suppose the whole of Europe were play toys. What a dumb statement. LOL at Madrid walking the EPL, pls go. I suppose Chelsea would walk La liga...

or Bayern would get maximum points as well seeing as how the Spanish teams both got raped by the Germans. So Dortmund and Bayern would walk la liga right? What dumb logic. I mean usually I find your rants entertaining but even for you, this is just moronic.
LOL, I'm on meth?  Yes, Barca were head and shoulders better against Man U when they played them in the CL final's for god sakes.  Those games could have easily been won by 3 or 4 goals each game.  United got destroyed in those games.  I give them credit because they actually went out and tried to play football but were completely taken apart.

And yes Madrid beat you too.  Yes the game was close until Nani Karate kicked Arbeloa in the chest and we had to hear EPLers whine that the game was fixed or unfair.  It was hilarious as it was an easy red card.  But United should be better then going around bragging about how they held the game close with Madrid.  

United fans are better than that.  Madrid beat you, the fact the tie was close means nothing.  It's not a moral victory.  They were not fortunate or lucky, they won.  End of story.  At least you didn't bring up the "we weren't trying" that game argument that premfaces love to throw out there.

And yes Mou's Madrid would have walked the EPL easily and I think we all know Barca would have as well.  Also, what are you talking about that Madrid didn't beat any quality opponent's under Mou???

Lemme see just off the top of my head they beat

Barcelona
Man City
Man United
AC Milan
Tottenham
Atletico Madrid
Malaga
Valencia

Who else did you want them to beat?  Hell they beat every EPL team they came up against.  And that is what were talking about.  Mou's Madrid would have easily walked the EPL.  Believe me if they could keep up with Barcelona's pace in league and beat them to a league title one year they can surely beat what the EPL has to throw at them.
As I've said, Barcelona demolished every team that played open football against them in those 2 seasons, Madrid included both times. Boasting about holding our own? We we would most likely have gone through...

MOu's MAdrid would have walked EPL as easily as Bayern would trounce la liga, I mean they beat both teams in 2 seasons right? A victory is a victory according to you and after that historic trouncing Barcelona received I am sure Bayern would win 38/38 games in la liga with Dormtund coming second.

ELITE TEAMs, none of those teams in that list were elite lol. Bayern, Barcelona and United and Madrid were beaten or failed to convince in any of them. Tottenham? City? rofl I also meant in the cl...

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 pm

we beat bayern 2-1 over 90 mins home and bvb 2-0 yeah we lost the ties but that counts as beating an elite team
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 pm

chad4401 wrote:we beat bayern 2-1 over 90 mins home and bvb 2-0 yeah we lost the ties but that counts as beating an elite team
Did you win the tie?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Madrid are a joke. Spent over a billion on players over the last ten years or so and can't even reach a CL final.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:40 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't see how Malaga's owner can be used against La Liga. He is simply not as rich as he wanted us all to believe he was.
No the dude is loaded, he's just not interested in investing that much of his wealth into football. I was actually surprised Al Thani bought a football club in the first place, he's more into horse racing (owns multiple stables)

Last edited by Zealous on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Gil wrote:Madrid are a joke. Spent over a billion on players over the last ten years or so and can't even reach a CL final.
Feels good to be back.

Now to this, Chelsea fan calling any team a Joke? Just lol.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm

jibers wrote:
chad4401 wrote:we beat bayern 2-1 over 90 mins home and bvb 2-0 yeah we lost the ties but that counts as beating an elite team
Did you win the tie?
Bayern only won on penalties. Dortmund got a bullshit penalty in Germany hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Zealous wrote:
jibers wrote:
Did you win the tie?
uh huh. Ronaldo's 1st goal in the second leg was offside. Should I carry on?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, Real never had much clout when playing German teams in Germany, remember? One win in 25 or so matches. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 pm

jibers wrote:
Zealous wrote:
jibers wrote:Did you win the tie?
uh huh. Ronaldo's 1st goal in the second leg was offside. Should I carry on?
No he wasn't lol

Anyway Dortmund deserved to beat us in that tie anyway and Bayern certainly deserved a win the year before. My point is these teams definitely didn't find beating Madrid easy at all in fact it was super close both times and in the end it came down to poor defending on our end.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:26 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, Real never had much clout when playing German teams in Germany, remember? One win in 25 or so matches. ^^
Yeah we don't usually get joy in Germany although I think winning the CL in Berlin will make up for this Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next