FalcaoPunch
aleumdance
ÖMARz
Mr Nick09
redsnoopy
57 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Spanish league is a boring two-horse race - Page 6 Empty Re: Spanish league is a boring two-horse race

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:26 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, Real never had much clout when playing German teams in Germany, remember? One win in 25 or so matches. ^^
Yeah we don't usually get joy in Germany although I think winning the CL in Berlin will make up for this Proud

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Spanish league is a boring two-horse race - Page 6 Empty Re: Spanish league is a boring two-horse race

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:36 pm

This has got to be record length for a redsnoopy thread
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Zealous wrote:
jibers wrote:
Zealous wrote:Bayern only won on penalties. Dortmund got a bullshit penalty in Germany hmm
uh huh. Ronaldo's 1st goal in the second leg was offside. Should I carry on?
No he wasn't lol

Anyway Dortmund deserved to beat us in that tie anyway and Bayern certainly deserved a win the year before. My point is these teams definitely didn't find beating Madrid easy at all in fact it was super close both times and in the end it came down to poor defending on our end.

Or poor finishing from both teams. And Ronaldo was definitely offside for one of the goals in the second leg against Bayern. Dortmund should have wiped the floor with you again if it wasnt for their poor finishing. Same with Byern Gomez and Robben missing sitters. Moot points, my point is that the statement Dmad made is daft.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't see how Malaga's owner can be used against La Liga. He is simply not as rich as he wanted us all to believe he was.
No the dude is loaded, he's just not interested in investing that much of his wealth into football. I was actually surprised Al Thani bought a football club in the first place, he's more into horse racing (owns multiple stables)
no matter how disinterested you are if you are loaded you don't ruin your global reputation by refusing to pay your players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't see how Malaga's owner can be used against La Liga. He is simply not as rich as he wanted us all to believe he was.
No the dude is loaded, he's just not interested in investing that much of his wealth into football. I was actually surprised Al Thani bought a football club in the first place, he's more into horse racing (owns multiple stables)
no matter how disinterested you are if you are loaded you don't ruin your global reputation by refusing to pay your players.
The guys in charge at Malaga were given a budget and they didn't stick to it. Sure he probably should have paid but really in the end it's his money not Malaga's.

jibers wrote:
Zealous wrote:
jibers wrote:uh huh. Ronaldo's 1st goal in the second leg was offside. Should I carry on?
No he wasn't lol

Anyway Dortmund deserved to beat us in that tie anyway and Bayern certainly deserved a win the year before. My point is these teams definitely didn't find beating Madrid easy at all in fact it was super close both times and in the end it came down to poor defending on our end.

Or poor finishing from both teams. And Ronaldo was definitely offside for one of the goals in the second leg against Bayern. Dortmund should have wiped the floor with you again if it wasnt for their poor finishing. Same with Byern Gomez and Robben missing sitters. Moot points, my point is that the statement Dmad made is daft.
Whatever jibers, good luck on your holy war eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:No the dude is loaded, he's just not interested in investing that much of his wealth into football. I was actually surprised Al Thani bought a football club in the first place, he's more into horse racing (owns multiple stables)
The guys in charge at Malaga were given a budget and they didn't stick to it. Sure he probably should have paid but really in the end it's his money not Malaga's.

jibers wrote:
Zealous wrote:No he wasn't lol

Whatever jibers, good luck on your holy war eco smile
Holy war? What do you take me for...?

pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm

jibers is a freedom fighter z
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Jibers :facepalm: 

The King of Guff
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 pm

OP is nothing but a troll.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:41 pm

RED wrote:OP is nothing but a troll.

Whether he is or not, this, for the most part, has been a decent read.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Troll or not my personal opinion is he's correct.

Don't find La Liga exciting to watch anymore.

I'd rather watch PL, Bundesliga and Serie A over it and they all provide me with more entertainment.

Its a shame because its a league i used to love but its really gone downhill over last 3 or 4 years.

Don't hate its just my opinion, its not a bad league i just don't find it entertaining any more.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Troll or not my personal opinion is he's correct.

Don't find La Liga exciting to watch anymore.

I'd rather watch PL, Bundesliga and Serie A over it and they all provide me with more entertainment.

Its a shame because its a league i used to love but its really gone downhill over last 3 or 4 years.

Don't hate its just my opinion, its not a bad league i just don't find it entertaining any more.
inb4 Dmad and Zealous

Mole Cena Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:45 am

Zealous wrote:The guys in charge at Malaga were given a budget and they didn't stick to it. Sure he probably should have paid but really in the end it's his money not Malaga's.
Right, except that story is completely at odds with the ones that Malaga's team gave: that he pulled the money without any warning. And I reiterate, even if they had gone overbudget, he cannot afford to ruin his reputation as that affects his ability to get future deals outside the football world. If he had the liquidity he wouldn't have allowed this to happen.[/quote]
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:43 am

To each his own i guess. In all the years ive watched la Liga, I've never found it boring. There is more to a league than just the race for the title. Rolling Eyes
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:42 am

Kamikaze692 wrote:To each his own i guess. In all the years ive watched la Liga, I've never found it boring. There is more to a league than just the race for the title. Rolling Eyes
La Liga may have some fantastic games on offer (as well as some boring ones), but the excitement and interest will be measured by the chase for the title. La Liga lacks tension and with only two teams really capable of winning the league it becomes very predictable.

Sure there may be a tight race for the other CL/EL spots and a relegation battle, but this is a secondary/tertiary interest. When was the last time the league winners was determined on the last day of the season?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:To each his own i guess. In all the years ive watched la Liga, I've never found it boring. There is more to a league than just the race for the title. Rolling Eyes
Although, the counter is that the title is the reason for the league's existence.

What is the point of a competition's existence if only 10% of the field are running for the finish line and the rest are just hurdles to jump over?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Not just about the gap in quality between the top two & the rest of league, the gap with other cl clubs is huge, you could understand Madrid steam rolling relegation contenders but when a 2nd placed team makes £124million  off Tv rights and the 3rd placed team makes £32million it's not even competitive at the top.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Who decides who gets how much of the TV rights?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by redsnoopy Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Who decides who gets how much of the TV rights?
The TV people, of course

redsnoopy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Barca - Levante 4-0 after 25 minutes...

Laughing

:facepalm:
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:32 pm

scratch this ain't anything new? why are you overreacting
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:36 pm

4-0 after 20 mins is overreacting. Laughing

Joke League
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 pm

I think it's only fair a goal in La Liga should count for 0.5 goals. Just like in the SPL.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 pm

chad4401 wrote:scratch this ain't anything new? why are you overreacting
Edit: wrong thread.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I think it's only fair a goal in La Liga should count for 0.5 goals. Just like in the SPL.
Lmao

Can't wait till Serie A starts again. Never making the mistake of watching La Liga matches again.

Highlights and CL games for me this year.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Yeah this is officially my last La Liga game.

I'm taking the 4-6 games I watched in that league every year and replacing them with PSG - Monaco and some mid-table BPL games.

Good bye La liga, it's not been fun Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next