FalcaoPunch
aleumdance
ÖMARz
Mr Nick09
redsnoopy
57 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Spanish league is a boring two-horse race - Page 4 Empty Re: Spanish league is a boring two-horse race

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Last season it wasn't i admit that but that aside its been very competitive for the last decade.

Lets not use last season as a measuring stick for the league as a whole over a long period of time.

Before last season Bayern hadn't won the league since 2010 and only 3 titles since 2003 before that.

Lets not act like Bayern steamroll it every year.
So in the past 10 years Bayern has won it 5 times. Likewise for United. In Spain it's Barca 6 times. Why does it have less merit that in Spain the contender is usually the same one? Why should that be less exciting for a neutral? Shouldn't how "boring" the league is be decided by how long the fight goes on before it's clear there is a winner? In all major leagues last season the winner was clear months before they actually won the title. So why does the fact that La Liga is a 2 horse race make that any more boring than the others?

And on the subject of a 2 horse race, some league fans might argue that there are multiple contenders, but its' very rare to see that being the case past January in most leagues. When was the last time we entered April in the EPL and wondered "Damn the fight is so close that it could really come down to any 4 of these, I wonder who it will be?". Even 3 seems like a stretch to me. I'd say that it hasn't happened in England, the bastion of competitiveness, since 08/09. Does that make the EPL boring? I wouldn't say that, but apparently many people think that holds true for La Liga.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spanish league is a boring two-horse race - Page 4 Empty Re: Spanish league is a boring two-horse race

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 pm

7amood11 wrote:
The_Badger wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Man Utd being Barca and Madrid's play toy? You do remember that just last season they came very close to beating Madrid, only to lose in controversial fashion?
They lost nonetheless and were beaten soundly by Barca twice in the final.
Calling them their "play toy" is still a ridiculous exaggeration. We all saw how difficult it was for Madrid to beat them last season, and we all know that the current Barca is nowhere near the Barca that played Utd in the 10/11 CL final.
Both are still stronger than any club in England. They'd comfortably brush aside any challenge from the best the Premier League has to offer.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:37 pm

actually, in la liga, beside the 2, it is very competitive.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I also think it's hilarious that EPL fans have really deluded themselves into thinking Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't win there league almost every year as well.

Those two teams if thrown into the EPL would dominate that league as well.  I mean Man United usually takes the league and they are Barca and Madrid's play toy.
Madrid's play toy? Is this guy for real? Dude lay of the meth. Madrid were fortunate to beat us. They did not perform against any elite teams under Mourinho. Barcelona beat us twice yet they raped every big team in those 2 seasons bar Chelsea. They battered Madrid 5-0 if I rememebr correctly, Arsenal did not have a shot on goal in the second leg, in 09 they embarrassed Bayern. So I suppose the whole of Europe were play toys. What a dumb statement. LOL at Madrid walking the EPL, pls go. I suppose Chelsea would walk La liga...

or Bayern would get maximum points as well seeing as how the Spanish teams both got raped by the Germans. So Dortmund and Bayern would walk la liga right? What dumb logic. I mean usually I find your rants entertaining but even for you, this is just moronic.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 pm

jibers having a meltdown! Proud 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 pm

The_Badger wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
The_Badger wrote:They lost nonetheless and were beaten soundly by Barca twice in the final.
Calling them their "play toy" is still a ridiculous exaggeration. We all saw how difficult it was for Madrid to beat them last season, and we all know that the current Barca is nowhere near the Barca that played Utd in the 10/11 CL final.
Both are still stronger than any club in England. They'd comfortably brush aside any challenge from the best the Premier League has to offer.
The same way Madrid "comfortably" brushed Utd aside, right?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 pm

The_Badger wrote:jibers having a meltdown! Proud 
Not a meltdown at all, this dude is always going off on a tangent and then he bashes posters for poor logic then he makes equally daft statements. I can't stand hypocrisy.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes, 7amood11. Please understand, as maybe you don't know, but a league generally consists of more than just a couple of games. The Premier League for example has a whopping 38!

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Does it even matter if Barcelona and madrid are better than any English team? The fact of the matter is the structure of the epl has not allowed two monster teams to form at the expense of the rest of the league. Would the epl be better if it created two super teams at the top and made it impossible for the rest to compete with them?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 pm

I find it funny how EPL fans talk about a La Liga two horse race when if not for £1 Billion spent by an Arab and a Russian the EPL would be a 1 horse race, with Man Utd winning every year unopposed (which they almost do anyway).

I'm sure if La Liga had an Arab and a Russian spend £500m on two separate teams in La Liga "we could be competitive as well".

That said in the last 11 seasons the EPL has had 4 different winners (Man Utd 6x, Chelsea 3x, Man City 1x and Arsenal 1x). La Liga on the other hand  has had 3 different winners in the same time (Barcelona 6x Real Madrid 4x and Valencia 1x).

So without the extra £1 Billion spent on those two teams the EPL would actually been in an even worse situation than La Liga. Even so with that enourmous amount of money it still isn't that much better than La Liga on a whole.

Kind of funny considering La Liga is just a shit rag tag two horse league that doesn't share it's TV revenue lmao.

Then we could look at European trophies in which La Liga blows the EPL out of the water in terms of both the Europa and Champions League competitions.

lol
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 pm

The_Badger wrote:Yes, 7amood11. Please understand, as maybe you don't know, but a league generally consists of more than just a couple of games. The Premier League for example has a whopping 38!
Wow, thanks for letting me know. And how is this piece of information relevant?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Does it even matter if Barcelona and madrid are better than any English team? The fact of the matter is the structure of the epl has not allowed two monster teams to form at the expense of the rest of the league. Would the epl be better if it created two super teams at the top and made it impossible for the rest to compete with them?
But it has encouraged irresponsible spending and ownership. Any scumbag or corrupt degenerate can buy a club in England.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:50 pm

This thread was created to cause trouble. The OP had ill intentions. He knows it, I know it, admins/mods know it but nothing will be done about it.

The fact is that EPL is more competitive because the money is evenly distributed. but when we talk about competitiveness what do we even mean? I just think it is silly to say that when United strolled the league, Barcelona won la liga by the biggest point gap in history and Bayern did the same. The fact is that the leagues will always be won by the same elite. BRB since 2004 only 3 teams have won the EPL. Competitive? Even when people say how shit we are we still cake walk the league. Chelsea and city needed oil money to compete with us and are still not good enough.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:58 pm

The Premier League is competitive because of the money brought to it by Abramovich and then by ADUG.

It was pretty much a contest between Man Utd and Arsenal for many years until Chelsea got bankrolled.

The centralised TV deal did nothing to level the playing field.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Winner List wrote:
...................Winners...........Runners Up
2000–01 Bayern München, Schalke 04
2001–02 Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen
2002–03 Bayern München, VfB Stuttgart
2003–04 Werder Bremen, Bayern München
2004–05 Bayern München ,Schalke 04
2005–06 Bayern München, Werder Bremen
2006–07 VfB Stuttgart, Schalke 04
2007–08 Bayern München ,Werder Bremen
2008–09 VfL Wolfsburg, Bayern München
2009–10 Bayern München, Schalke 04
2010–11 Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen
2011-12 Borussia Dortmund, Bayern München
2012-13 Bayern München,          Borussia Dortmund
Compare it to spanish league and decide it yourself. I think this thread is so subjective, so I see nothing wrong if someone says that la liga is boring OR if someone also says that BL is boring.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 pm

jibers wrote:This thread was created to cause trouble. The OP had ill intentions. He knows it, I know it, admins/mods know it but nothing will be done about it.
Obviously there is still a need to discuss the topic and as long as things stay civil, there is no reason to lock it.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 pm

At the end of the day each league is dominated by 2 or maybe 3 teams no more no less, PL fans needs to stop acting like 6 teams are in for the titles every season Laughing

Just because the league is glamorizes to be the so called best, cause some teams had a good run in the cl couple years ago, too bad that logic doesn't apply when those same teams are going out at the group stages now Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:40 am

La Liga: 2 horses
EPL: 3 horses
Serie A: 2 horses
Bundesliga: 2 horses

Proud
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:48 am

How did such a shit troll attempt land so many catches? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 am

redsnoopy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:all the leagues are the same, ligue1 (monaco/PSG), bundesliga (Bayern/BVB), serie A is a one horse race (Juve), EPL (chelsea/city)

this thread is just for trolling
I must think of a term for those who likes to accuse others of trolling -- mb Trollbootlickers ? Coz they like to talk about trolling day in and out without creating fresh topics for discussion

But anyway, in response to your weak argument,  in ligue1 we have Marseille ready to challenge once it gets a bit stronger, bundelisga yes I agree, serie A is full of equal challengers to juve in the form newly powered Napoli and traditional big clubs Milan and Inter, for EPL who doesn't agree that Man U is in the same tier as city n chel AND at the same time with a bit of luck and powerup Arsenal n liverpool n Spurs are hot on the heels of the top 3

So there, now we know who's the real troll
Milan finished 3rd, 15 points behind Juve. Inter finished 9th...

The_Badger wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:all the leagues are the same, ligue1 (monaco/PSG), bundesliga (Bayern/BVB), serie A is a one horse race (Juve), EPL (chelsea/city)

Except they aren't. Barca and RM are completely on a different level to the rest of the division.

And how the Hell can you claim the Premier League is a two horse race between Man City and Chelsea when both have only one league title in the last seven seasons?!?!
Wait...the past 7 seasons? You mean dating back to 2006? Did you watch the 2005/06 season? Did you watch the 2009/10 season? Did you watch the 2011/12 season?

Thought I'd point a few awkwardly wrong facts.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:36 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
redsnoopy wrote:

I must think of a term for those who likes to accuse others of trolling -- mb Trollbootlickers ? Coz they like to talk about trolling day in and out without creating fresh topics for discussion

But anyway, in response to your weak argument,  in ligue1 we have Marseille ready to challenge once it gets a bit stronger, bundelisga yes I agree, serie A is full of equal challengers to juve in the form newly powered Napoli and traditional big clubs Milan and Inter, for EPL who doesn't agree that Man U is in the same tier as city n chel AND at the same time with a bit of luck and powerup Arsenal n liverpool n Spurs are hot on the heels of the top 3

So there, now we know who's the real troll
Milan finished 3rd, 15 points behind Juve. Inter finished 9th...

The_Badger wrote:

Except they aren't. Barca and RM are completely on a different level to the rest of the division.

And how the Hell can you claim the Premier League is a two horse race between Man City and Chelsea when both have only one league title in the last seven seasons?!?!
Wait...the past 7 seasons? You mean dating back to 2006? Did you watch the 2005/06 season? Did you watch the 2009/10 season? Did you watch the 2011/12 season?

Thought I'd point a few awkwardly wrong facts.
Strong reading comprehension of peace

strong mathematical skills of peace
Strong deductive reasoning of peace

06/07 -United 1
07/08 - United 2
08/09 -United 3
09/10 - Chelsea 4
10/11 - United 5
11/12 -City 6
12/13 -United 7

He said THE PAST 7 seasons :facepalm:

The IQ of this forum drops everyday....

Thought I'd point a few awkwardly wrong facts...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 am

jibers wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:I also think it's hilarious that EPL fans have really deluded themselves into thinking Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't win there league almost every year as well.

Those two teams if thrown into the EPL would dominate that league as well.  I mean Man United usually takes the league and they are Barca and Madrid's play toy.
Madrid's play toy? Is this guy for real? Dude lay of the meth. Madrid were fortunate to beat us. They did not perform against any elite teams under Mourinho. Barcelona beat us twice yet they raped every big team in those 2 seasons bar Chelsea. They battered Madrid 5-0 if I rememebr correctly, Arsenal did not have a shot on goal in the second leg, in 09 they embarrassed Bayern. So I suppose the whole of Europe were play toys. What a dumb statement. LOL at Madrid walking the EPL, pls go. I suppose Chelsea would walk La liga...

or Bayern would get maximum points as well seeing as how the Spanish teams both got raped by the Germans. So Dortmund and Bayern would walk la liga right? What dumb logic. I mean usually I find your rants entertaining but even for you, this is just moronic.
LOL, I'm on meth?  Yes, Barca were head and shoulders better against Man U when they played them in the CL final's for god sakes.  Those games could have easily been won by 3 or 4 goals each game.  United got destroyed in those games.  I give them credit because they actually went out and tried to play football but were completely taken apart.

And yes Madrid beat you too.  Yes the game was close until Nani Karate kicked Arbeloa in the chest and we had to hear EPLers whine that the game was fixed or unfair.  It was hilarious as it was an easy red card.  But United should be better then going around bragging about how they held the game close with Madrid.  

United fans are better than that.  Madrid beat you, the fact the tie was close means nothing.  It's not a moral victory.  They were not fortunate or lucky, they won.  End of story.  At least you didn't bring up the "we weren't trying" that game argument that premfaces love to throw out there.

And yes Mou's Madrid would have walked the EPL easily and I think we all know Barca would have as well.  Also, what are you talking about that Madrid didn't beat any quality opponent's under Mou???

Lemme see just off the top of my head they beat

Barcelona
Man City
Man United
AC Milan
Tottenham
Atletico Madrid
Malaga
Valencia

Who else did you want them to beat?  Hell they beat every EPL team they came up against.  And that is what were talking about.  Mou's Madrid would have easily walked the EPL.  Believe me if they could keep up with Barcelona's pace in league and beat them to a league title one year they can surely beat what the EPL has to throw at them.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 am

boy, la liga fans don't get it...

this is the easiest way to explain it all

question
1) Why is EPL and lately Bundesliga better marketted than la liga?

2) Why did Malga fvcking Rich owner give up on the team?

the OP trolled, but see the sense in his trolling...
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 am

hmm Betis is a nice team to watch but its a two horse league and last year it was actually 1 horse league
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:45 am

If Bayern decide to play,it becomes a cakewalk for them.If they dont,the league suddenly becomes 'competitive'.Thats Bundesliga in a nutshell for you.

Quoting Der Kaiser : The only team that can beat Bayern is themselves.That says it all really. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:11 am

S wrote:If Bayern decide to play,it becomes a cakewalk for them.If they dont,the league suddenly becomes 'competitive'.Thats Bundesliga in a nutshell for you.

Quoting Der Kaiser : The only team that can beat Bayern is themselves.That says it all really. :coffee:
Sadly, this is true. League is based on Bayern's strength & when they decide splurge on another cycle, to which point it becomes a dead-end title race come Winter Transfers.

It doesn't or cannot be applied to other leagues.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next