CBarca
aleumdance
RedOranje
Gil
52 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top 4

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Vote_lcap41%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 26 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Vote_lcap11%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Vote_lcap48%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 31 ]

Total Votes : 64

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by RedOranje Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:17

Arsenal are still favourites in my book, as they have history on their side and that tends to have an underrated influence on the run-in.

Tottenham though, do have the best overall squad in my opinion, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them finally make that last step to climb above their London rivals.

Liverpool are on the outside looking in... there's really no other way to put it. We've done good business in the last two windows and have been rewarded for it in our performances and form since January, but we were still well off the pace for 4th last season and have spent several years struggling to keep our heads above true, unadulterated midtable mediocrity. That said, we have, in my opinion, closed the gap. Liverpool may not be favourites for a 4th place finish. We may not even be favourites for a top 5 finish. But we're certainly worthy of consideration for a push. It could be December and Liverpool could be 1st with only one or two defeats and the same people we see hear would be writing it all off as luck and as misleading of the final table. Fact is luck is made in this sport, and it's a part of the game. A lesser squad can finish above a better one by virtue of a particularly good season or run of luck, and the opposite is true too... just ask Newcastle (who've experienced both in recent seasons). Struggles to gel for Spurs and/or unfortunate injuries for Arsenal could see Liverpool get the chance they need and for once the Reds appear to have the personnel needed to capitalise on such an opportunity. The same issues could just as well hit LFC though, and see them post another disappointing points total come May.

Spurs and Arsenal and Liverpool are all targeting a finish in the top 4 this season. But while Spurs and Arsenal will see the season as a failure if they miss out, Liverpool would not so long as the club manages to close the gap in points compared with previous seasons.

Football, like Lady Luck, is fickle... and to attempt to predict with any certainty what either will do over the course of a year is to invite error and ridicule. In a sense, I admire those that can make such black-and-white, yes-or-no statements for their conviction in their beliefs and willingness to stick their necks out. On the other hand, I think a lot of them are a bit arrogant or ignorant and undoubtedly biased (and somewhat frightening for it), and probably will be backtracking or hiding at the first sign that their predictions are not panning out...

1./2. Chelsea/City
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool

Keeping in mind my track record with predictions, you're probably safer betting that none of those teams will finish in the positions where I've placed them.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 7 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:26

Don't bother McAgger. Isaznto is just a bitter chav, angered that they couldn't even beat a Moyes-managed Man U Laughing

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trolling)

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:56

Natalie Portman wrote:Don't bother McAgger. Isaznto is just a bitter chav, angered that they couldn't even beat a Moyes-managed Man U Laughing
Do you even know what a chav is? It's like calling you a scouscer but that would be unfair to the scousces.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:26

lszanto wrote:
McAgger wrote:
lszanto wrote:Ronaldo has played 3 games this season and scored 1 goal from 27 shots. That means he's past it right? Going to be sold off to some MLS team in the jan window?
Have you heard of sample size in statistics?
Nobody is basing Liverpool from 3 games. We're first but we're not saying we'll win the f*cking title. We know that's not possible. The tables show stats from January till September. That's an adequate estimation of recent form.
Yes but the stats from last season would be largely irrelevant then right? Teams have changed players, managers, there are whole new teams, whole teams are gone.

Does that not work in our favour...?

Our team knows what to expect from Rodgers; Rodgers knows what to expect from his team.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:39

Liverpool with Suarez have a good chance this season.

I think Manchester clubs with Liverpool will be fighting for the 4th spot.

So my prediction as follows:

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Between Liverpool and Utd imo
4. City

Spuds will fail so bad. They are QPR 2 imo. Bale won them over 10 points.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 18 Mar 2014, 08:17

RedOranje wrote:Arsenal are still favourites in my book, as they have history on their side and that tends to have an underrated influence on the run-in.

Tottenham though, do have the best overall squad in my opinion, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them finally make that last step to climb above their London rivals.

Liverpool are on the outside looking in... there's really no other way to put it.  We've done good business in the last two windows and have been rewarded for it in our performances and form since January, but we were still well off the pace for 4th last season and have spent several years struggling to keep our heads above true, unadulterated midtable mediocrity.  That said, we have, in my opinion, closed the gap.  Liverpool may not be favourites for a 4th place finish.  We may not even be favourites for a top 5 finish.  But we're certainly worthy of consideration for a push.  It could be December and Liverpool could be 1st with only one or two defeats and the same people we see hear would be writing it all off as luck and as misleading of the final table.  Fact is luck is made in this sport, and it's a part of the game.  A lesser squad can finish above a better one by virtue of a particularly good season or run of luck, and the opposite is true too... just ask Newcastle (who've experienced both in recent seasons).  Struggles to gel for Spurs and/or unfortunate injuries for Arsenal could see Liverpool get the chance they need and for once the Reds appear to have the personnel needed to capitalise on such an opportunity.  The same issues could just as well hit LFC though, and see them post another disappointing points total come May.

Spurs and Arsenal and Liverpool are all targeting a finish in the top 4 this season.  But while Spurs and Arsenal will see the season as a failure if they miss out, Liverpool would not so long as the club manages to close the gap in points compared with previous seasons.

Football, like Lady Luck, is fickle... and to attempt to predict with any certainty what either will do over the course of a year is to invite error and ridicule.  In a sense, I admire those that can make such black-and-white, yes-or-no statements for their conviction in their beliefs and willingness to stick their necks out.  On the other hand, I think a lot of them are a bit arrogant or ignorant and undoubtedly biased (and somewhat frightening for it), and probably will be backtracking or hiding at the first sign that their predictions are not panning out...

1./2. Chelsea/City
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool

Keeping in mind my track record with predictions, you're probably safer betting that none of those teams will finish in the positions where I've placed them.

Well, I predicted SOMETHING correctly at least... even if it was only how incorrect my predictions would be.

In all seriousness though, this thread really highlights where expectations were prior to the opening match of the season... and how terrible I am at predicting anything, ever.

VivaStPauli wrote:Arsenal won't fail to make the top4, they'll scrape through somehow.

I would personally love a Liverpool resurgence, though.
Viva  :bow:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 18 Mar 2014, 09:34

Liverpool only 4 votes Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 18 Mar 2014, 14:20

vanDEEZ wrote:i honestly think soldado could be the extra scoring option they need
Comment of the year
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 18 Mar 2014, 14:27

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Spuds easily..
rofl
there are definitely more gems in this thread Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 18 Mar 2014, 14:28

@ RO, you got two (Chelsea & Spurs) right; two other (City & Arsenal) are pretty much right too; the remaining two are the surprises (or shocks) of the season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue 18 Mar 2014, 14:35

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:If we must not leak goals/avoid defensive errors/convert the draws into narrow wins, the league is ours. cheersdrunken 
I will wait for the window to shut down :coffee:
I was the only to say that, all rest scrubs Proud :bow: to myself

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:04

Firenze wrote:Soldado is GOAT, will be second only to RVP this season IMO

Molenation

It's fun bumping old posts eco smile
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:07

Anybody who said both Arsenal and Liverpool would comfortably finish top 4 at the start of the season would have been laughed off by everyone here, Arsenal & Liverpool fans alike.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:16

Zealous wrote:Arsenal have an established footballing identity and team ethic. They also have a competent coach so they'd be my pick out of the three teams mentioned. Problem is the law of averages will eventually catch up with them. If my years following Wigan have taught me anything is that you can only walk the tight rope for so long before you fall off. Arsenal need to try and get a legit title push from their team at least that way they'll have a better chance of finishing top 4. If they set 4th as their target from the get go I don't think they'll make it. Like I said though they're my pick if only because I know they can do it and they probably know that as well.

Spurs have on paper at least a better squad and probably the best attacking player in the league if you ask me, so they have a chance for sure. Problem is there are doubts about whether Spurs can step up when they need to and I personally don't think they have it in them, but if I'm proven wrong on that front then I can see them finishing top 3. AVB is a good coach, he's not as good as he thinks he is imo but he won't do a bad job, plus he is imo a good motivator.

Liverpool always seem to struggle against the smaller teams. If you want to make the top 4 you need to avoid the dropping of valuable points to teams well below you on the table. They usually do well against teams around and above them but those points should be seen as a bonus for them because imo they have the weakest personnel on their squad. They seem to be building a good team ethic though so that might give them a shot but I don't think they have the individual quality needed to beat the weaker teams with the machine like consistency that United or Chelsea have for example. Also I'm not completely sold on Rodgers just yet, his tactics aren't bad per se but I don't think he has character to really will his team on during a long season.

Seems like I was spot on about Arsenal, more or less right about Spurs and completely wrong about Liverpool lol

Also United lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:17

Gil wrote:I don't see how it won't be Spurs this year especially with Bale staying and Arsenal bringing no one of note in.

AVB has put together a powerful and pacy team built for a 38 game season.
Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:19

Zealous wrote:Arsenal have an established footballing identity and team ethic. They also have a competent coach so they'd be my pick out of the three teams mentioned. Problem is the law of averages will eventually catch up with them. If my years following Wigan have taught me anything is that you can only walk the tight rope for so long before you fall off. Arsenal need to try and get a legit title push from their team at least that way they'll have a better chance of finishing top 4. If they set 4th as their target from the get go I don't think they'll make it. Like I said though they're my pick if only because I know they can do it and they probably know that as well.

Spurs have on paper at least a better squad and probably the best attacking player in the league if you ask me, so they have a chance for sure. Problem is there are doubts about whether Spurs can step up when they need to and I personally don't think they have it in them, but if I'm proven wrong on that front then I can see them finishing top 3. AVB is a good coach, he's not as good as he thinks he is imo but he won't do a bad job, plus he is imo a good motivator.

Liverpool always seem to struggle against the smaller teams. If you want to make the top 4 you need to avoid the dropping of valuable points to teams well below you on the table. They usually do well against teams around and above them but those points should be seen as a bonus for them because imo they have the weakest personnel on their squad. They seem to be building a good team ethic though so that might give them a shot but I don't think they have the individual quality needed to beat the weaker teams with the machine like consistency that United or Chelsea have for example. Also I'm not completely sold on Rodgers just yet, his tactics aren't bad per se but I don't think he has character to really will his team on during a long season.

So who's that Spurs player who you think is the best attacking player in the league? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:29

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Spuds easily..
rofl
there are definitely more gems in this thread Laughing
Reverse jinx mate. Proud
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:38

El Gunner wrote:

So who's that Spurs player who you think is the best attacking player in the league? hmm

I think I meant Bale since he was a Spurs player at the time.

If not then I guess I was talking about Adebayor :loookas:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:56

Gil wrote:Soldado is bang average. Giroud can't pass and has terrible ball control yet is still the better player or at least the same level. Defoe in 30 minutes yesterday looked more threatening.

Arsenal with Ozil coming in along with a couple of depth signings are better than Spurs in my opinion. Only Lloris would get into Arsenal's team.

Liverpool's first XI is just as good as Spurs as well perhaps even better. They lack serious depth though. One of the worst benches of all time yesterday. Would even go as far as to say it was a bit irresponsible.

This is definitely set up to be an exciting season. Hardly anything will separate the Top 6 sides this year.

Jesus Christ Gil. FFS
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:56

Zealous wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

I think I meant Bale since he was a Spurs player at the time.

If not then I guess I was talking about Adebayor :loookas:
Laughing me thinks you turned drunk for a second when you wrote that sentence.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 18 Mar 2014, 20:32

urbaNRoots wrote:Arsenal
City
Chelsea
Liverpool

No order

:bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 18 Mar 2014, 20:39

McAgger wrote:Liverpool will NOT get top 4 with the current squad we have at the moment. I'm always very optimistic, and deep down I'm obviously going to be looking to finish top 4 but the simple truth is that we are not as good as Spurs or Arsenal.

However 2 starting caliber players will change all that. We are in dire need of a starting CB and a quality attacker.

McAgger in chat the other day: " I said in the summer that we would win the league"

Vagi.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 18 Mar 2014, 20:43

Gil wrote:
Gil wrote:Soldado is bang average. Giroud can't pass and has terrible ball control yet is still the better player or at least the same level. Defoe in 30 minutes yesterday looked more threatening.

Arsenal with Ozil coming in along with a couple of depth signings are better than Spurs in my opinion. Only Lloris would get into Arsenal's team.

Liverpool's first XI is just as good as Spurs as well perhaps even better. They lack serious depth though. One of the worst benches of all time yesterday. Would even go as far as to say it was a bit irresponsible.

This is definitely set up to be an exciting season. Hardly anything will separate the Top 6 sides this year.

Jesus Christ Gil. FFS

Top 5 poster along with me, BC, mt and RO.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 18 Mar 2014, 20:44

Firenze wrote:Soldado is GOAT, will be second only to RVP this season IMO

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 18 Mar 2014, 21:44

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
McAgger wrote:Liverpool will NOT get top 4 with the current squad we have at the moment. I'm always very optimistic, and deep down I'm obviously going to be looking to finish top 4 but the simple truth is that we are not as good as Spurs or Arsenal.

However 2 starting caliber players will change all that. We are in dire need of a starting CB and a quality attacker.

McAgger in chat the other day: " I said in the summer that we would win the league"

Vagi.

I say contradicting things in different threads so I can cover my ass in the future but I honestly did believe we'll win the title. :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 18 Mar 2014, 22:00

Proud of Gil for not editing :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next