CBarca
aleumdance
RedOranje
Gil
52 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top 4

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Vote_lcap41%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 26 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Vote_lcap48%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 31 ]

Total Votes : 64

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by Motogp69 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 02:19

Lex wrote:
El Jefe wrote:Voted for Spurs......................I think they could be title challengers in a couple of years
roflroflroflrofl🤣And with that out of my system, I am off to beddy byes
Don't worry about Lex, El Jefe, with nothing to get excited about this Summer he's lost his mind and resulted to nothing but trolling with his posts :facepalm:  

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by El Jefe Thu 29 Aug 2013, 02:19

Motogp69 wrote:You should probably reset the poll after the transfer window closes :coffee: 

Welcome El Jefe, way to set the bar high on the quality of your contributions to this forum :bow: 
Thanks mate Smile

Lex wrote:
El Jefe wrote:Voted for Spurs......................I think they could be title challengers in a couple of years
roflroflroflrofl🤣And with that out of my system, I am off to beddy byes
It's not that funny. I rate AvB as the best young manager in the world (off the top of my head), unless Barca or Madrid have him lined up I think he can do great things there.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 29 Aug 2013, 02:47

M8 join the Tottenham bandwagon Heart
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 29 Aug 2013, 02:48

Spurs ffs Proud

We're on the rise.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu 29 Aug 2013, 02:49

I like Spurs.

My new fav EPL team. Proud

Spurs to make a title challenge Proud

Lamela to score 15 goals Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 29 Aug 2013, 02:50

Spurs contingent triples every week Proud

Welcome Cascinho
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu 29 Aug 2013, 03:34

it seems like some people easily forget that Spurs have been heavy spenders for a while not just now...

oh well, let the deception continue Smile
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu 29 Aug 2013, 03:40

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/378959/20120830/english-premier-league-biggest-spenders-decade-chelsea.htm

I am more disappointed from comments from "long time" epl fans though...

since 2008, we have been hearing this , Spurs will finish above bull$hit, cuz they spend more, but thing is, that is why the end below us, you don't just buy a new team every reign and expect miracles.. I thought they would learn from Citeh.. but oh no.. lets buy a new team hopefully they gel in 10 months...

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 425600_314805638568611_186295988086244_798252_1399591776_n

they won;t finish above us, I have been saying it for 5 years and I stand by my word..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 04:15

4th place is turning Arsenal into the Dallas Cowboys of soccer, a little to comfortable with their history and losing sight of the aspirations their great club once had.

These days Arsenal's only aspiration is to make sure Spurs don't finish 4th, while Spurs are aspiring to actually do things when they get to Europe instead of happily accepting an invisible trophy for "participation."

I feel sorry for Arsenal fans, I would personally prefer it be Spurs and Arsenal challenging for the title every year with teams of immense quality threatening at home and in Europe.

Instead we have to watch Yanited and plastic clubs like Chelskie and City duke it out, while Wenger keeps Arsenal stagnant in their "history."
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 29 Aug 2013, 04:57

Are Dallas Cowboy fans also excellent financial analysts? Laughing

But seriously, let's not turn this into an Arsenal vs Spurs thread. We don't need a new Madrid vs Barca...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu 29 Aug 2013, 06:26

Motogp69 wrote:4th place is turning Arsenal into the Dallas Cowboys of soccer, a little to comfortable with their history and losing sight of the aspirations their great club once had.

These days Arsenal's only aspiration is to make sure Spurs don't finish 4th, while Spurs are aspiring to actually do things when they get to Europe instead of happily accepting an invisible trophy for "participation."

I feel sorry for Arsenal fans, I would personally prefer it be Spurs and Arsenal challenging for the title every year with teams of immense quality threatening at home and in Europe.

Instead we have to watch Yanited and plastic clubs like Chelskie and City duke it out, while Wenger keeps Arsenal stagnant in their "history."
the crap you just wrote is enough proof you don't know $hit about the North London Derby and why its Unique

even before our sad state, Arsenal made fun of sp-urs finishing above them, Spurs did it in the early 90s, so keep mum ok..

SECONDLY for you new Spurs man, Arsenal's only hope is not to finish 4th

when you have citeh, yanited and Chelsea with financial power to muscle anyone what can we do?

we have a Salary cap, they don't, so please stick to your serie a cuz its proof you did not even know the limitations of a salary cap..

and finally Spurs have spent more than 400 Million in the past 10 years, arsenal less than 280 Million..

if you want more schooling about the NLD, please give me one more dumb reply, one more..

and as ur quote of spurs challenging for the title, the last time you won it my Granpa was a school boy.. and let me remind you, since 2008 Spurs has spent crazy as hell, in the words CHALLENGING.. where have they been?

buying new squads every year won't win you anything in england, ask Liverpool...how that mistake worked out..

if you are a new Spurs fan, ask people who know $hit about the derby, what fans use to taunt each other.. OK!!
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu 29 Aug 2013, 06:29

Motogp69 wrote:

THIS quote is so shockingly stupid i have to quote it twice..

Aspiring , for the past 10 years, and buying new squads,..not even knowing why Arsenal can't even pay top players,

have you even asked yourself why purs wanted to go to the Olympic Stadium instead of building a new one? cuz if they did, they would have to go arsenal's route of balancing books for stadium debt and heavy salary cap..

they didn't teach you that in EPL 101 for beginners right?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 29 Aug 2013, 06:33

finally there are fans on the other side of this debate. me love me some banter.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 29 Aug 2013, 06:34

Nevermind about the arsenal vs spurs thing, I guess.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu 29 Aug 2013, 06:39

I accept good banter in the rivalry..

but when something pointless has been said its need to corrected,

No spurs fans can talk about more ambition cuz you are buying players, BECAUSE, that is what Spurs are known for lately, buying squads hoping it would take them to UCL...

then some spurs fans wonder why they were bidding for Olympic Stadium in east london..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 29 Aug 2013, 07:30

You realize Spurs are planning on building a new stadium, right?

Also you do realize what Spurs have been doing for the past year is the very definition of ambition, right?

I don't see anything that needed correcting that you've corrected. In fact, I pretty much find most of what you said drunk incoherent rambling, but I'd be a fool to say I'd waste my time responding to any of it after this, especially when I'm not about to get into legitimate Spurs-Arsenal banter.

I still don't understand why you sound so pissed off all the time. Raptorgunner is negative but has his reasons, you're relatively positive about Arsenal but pissed off about pretty much everything else. In fact, the majority of your posts that I've seen recently is insulting other clubs.

Anyway that's all I'm going to say because there isn't really any more reason to go more off topic than you've already brought it to be.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu 29 Aug 2013, 07:55

Spurs building a new stadium? Where?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu 29 Aug 2013, 07:56

Sam made a good question...

Bale, Modric and VDV or Lamela, Paulinho and Eriksen?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:31

Too early yet to tell, I'd take the former, but the latter is younger and has greater potential. Overall the whole team is stronger now though.

As for Spurs planning to build a new stadium, it's not new news.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northumberland_Development_Project

It will be interesting to see how Spurs go through this when it actually starts.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:41

I love how Liverpool isn't even considered, I think they have what it takes.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:48

its a bit unfair to pick 3 former players and 3 replacements and pit them against each other.. the same could be done with arsenal

rvp or giroud etc.

i just think its really upsetting as someone who really likes watching arsenal to see the fans being promised big signings and enter the end of the transfer window with the same exact type of signings that have kept arsenal trophy-less these past 5 or so seasons.

and it adds salt to the wounds when their bitter rival is making smart, ambitious, and forward thinking transfers.

spurs are strengthening their squad, arsenal have bought sanogo, when imo they could use a proper keeper, CB, RB, and ST.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu 29 Aug 2013, 09:24

He does have a point though. Is this squad really all that much better than their 09-11 one?

I think that squad was a lot more talented than this current one. They looked like title challengers for months until the actual run-in.

I think their former squad definitely had more superstars but they have a better manager now and more depth this time around.

If Wenger completes 2/3 more signings before the window closes I'm not so sure Spurs are all that much better tbh. No idea what the f**k they're doing lol.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:39

Bale was twice player as Lamela.

Modric is like the Ferrari version compared to VW with Paulinho.

VDV is better than Eriksen but this one is close.

So... How exactly Totts are better now?

Im not buying this Spuds squad yet.

Cant wait for NLD.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:03

Tottenham have a better side than last year and now they actually have a striker who can score. Solid team, still have offensive issues but with Lamela and Eriksen some of them should be gone. With Holtby also getting used to the PL and Paulinho and Capoue to rotate with Dembele and Sandro, I think they're in pole position to get the 4th spot.

The 2009-2011 team was great, but they had Harry as a manager ffs.

Liverpool to be close in 5th place and Arsenal 6th imo (if they don't sign any class player until the end of the transfer window).
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:21

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Spurs contingent triples every week Proud

Welcome Cascinho
Bah gawd not you too, Tom Sad

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 4 You+were+supposed+to+destroy+the+sith+not+join+them+_0fb9d611f22b9daed03bec1fbc78e584
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:22

Loooool the same team that finished two points off Chelsea last season will finish 6th this season Laughing GL pls
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next