CBarca
aleumdance
RedOranje
Gil
52 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top 4

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 26 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 31 ]

Total Votes : 64

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:58 am

I don't know, people go on about Arsenal's second half of the season performances but Liverpool's sort of go out of the window... we were up there in the second half as well. I think we only lost 2 of out last 15 games.

Mignolet is a massive signing for us. We lost games because of Reina's inconsistency. So he's an improvement, but he's the only real improvement in the starting XI. Aspas and Alberto are simply there for depth.

I have no faith in Kolo Toure. If we sign a new CB, I can see us challenging the others and surprising a few.  Not to say we will get there, but I can see us putting up a fight.

We also have improved from last season.

This is the first Liverpool team to in 4 years or so to play a consistent playing style from the prior season. Players have matured (Sterling etc) and Lucas looks back to his best. :bow: We also kept Suarez, who will put in 100% to those that have their doubts.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 2 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 pm

If we sort out our defence, we will be lot closer to top 4 compared to previous season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Liverpool I cheer for them
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:25 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Liverpool I cheer for them
We are not going to sign Matri, btw, Razz

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:52 pm

I believe Arsenal and Tottenham can/will both break into the top 4. Way too much respect is automatically given to man city and chelsea this year.

City will have a lack of chemistry, totally new manager to the epl, Silva & Dzeko not firing for a while buying a whole country of players isn't the best strategy. They have the squad to cope but if a determined Tottenham or Arsenal get at them they should worry.

Chelsea's strike force is questionable. Mourinho never likes a poacher like Ba, and he will probably use Lukaku this year if he doesn't get anyone else. Also with a lack of strength in Chelsea's midfield it's obvious to me that Chelsea will have a fight on their hands.

If Tottenham keep their bale and Arsenal get a gustavo or a few good key players anything can happen.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:43 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Sad that makes me sad and happy in same time, I hope he doesn't end up in Napoli
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Spurs if they keep Bale.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by moutinho98 Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:09 am

United will finish 4th. arsenal are going to finish 3rd. based on second half of 2012-13.
moutinho98
moutinho98
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:17 am

LoL, we're gonna finish 2nd this season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am

DeviAngel wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
:(that makes me sad and happy in same time, I hope he doesn't end up in Napoli
But do you really think that Napoli will challenge juve for title? Saw Higuain yday, he was in tremendous form, seems like great signing for them if he could d same what he did for NT

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:57 am

Arsenal won't fail to make the top4, they'll scrape through somehow.

I would personally love a Liverpool resurgence, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Arsenal won't fail to make the top4, they'll scrape through somehow.

I would personally love a Liverpool resurgence, though.
:wub: nice to see people cheering for liverpool Heart

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:17 am

Spuds easily..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 am

Arsenal have an established footballing identity and team ethic. They also have a competent coach so they'd be my pick out of the three teams mentioned. Problem is the law of averages will eventually catch up with them. If my years following Wigan have taught me anything is that you can only walk the tight rope for so long before you fall off. Arsenal need to try and get a legit title push from their team at least that way they'll have a better chance of finishing top 4. If they set 4th as their target from the get go I don't think they'll make it. Like I said though they're my pick if only because I know they can do it and they probably know that as well.

Spurs have on paper at least a better squad and probably the best attacking player in the league if you ask me, so they have a chance for sure. Problem is there are doubts about whether Spurs can step up when they need to and I personally don't think they have it in them, but if I'm proven wrong on that front then I can see them finishing top 3. AVB is a good coach, he's not as good as he thinks he is imo but he won't do a bad job, plus he is imo a good motivator.

Liverpool always seem to struggle against the smaller teams. If you want to make the top 4 you need to avoid the dropping of valuable points to teams well below you on the table. They usually do well against teams around and above them but those points should be seen as a bonus for them because imo they have the weakest personnel on their squad. They seem to be building a good team ethic though so that might give them a shot but I don't think they have the individual quality needed to beat the weaker teams with the machine like consistency that United or Chelsea have for example. Also I'm not completely sold on Rodgers just yet, his tactics aren't bad per se but I don't think he has character to really will his team on during a long season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 am

You may as well add Chelsea , and possibly everton as well on that list.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:49 am

Zealous wrote:Arsenal have an established footballing identity and team ethic. They also have a competent coach so they'd be my pick out of the three teams mentioned. Problem is the law of averages will eventually catch up with them. If my years following Wigan have taught me anything is that you can only walk the tight rope for so long before you fall off. Arsenal need to try and get a legit title push from their team at least that way they'll have a better chance of finishing top 4. If they set 4th as their target from the get go I don't think they'll make it. Like I said though they're my pick if only because I know they can do it and they probably know that as well.

Spurs have on paper at least a better squad and probably the best attacking player in the league if you ask me, so they have a chance for sure. Problem is there are doubts about whether Spurs can step up when they need to and I personally don't think they have it in them, but if I'm proven wrong on that front then I can see them finishing top 3. AVB is a good coach, he's not as good as he thinks he is imo but he won't do a bad job, plus he is imo a good motivator.

Liverpool always seem to struggle against the smaller teams. If you want to make the top 4 you need to avoid the dropping of valuable points to teams well below you on the table. They usually do well against teams around and above them but those points should be seen as a bonus for them because imo they have the weakest personnel on their squad. They seem to be building a good team ethic though so that might give them a shot but I don't think they have the individual quality needed to beat the weaker teams with the machine like consistency that United or Chelsea have for example. Also I'm not completely sold on Rodgers just yet, his tactics aren't bad per se but I don't think he has character to really will his team on during a long season.
Interestingly enough, last season only United and Arsenal picked up more points against bottom 10 teams in the league than us. We fixed our problem of struggling against scrubs and often beat them with 4/5/6 goals, whereas we struggled against top teams. Key will be finding the right balance.

I think it's too early for the thread, as a lot can happen until end of the window. We could sign up to 3-4 players and that could make a lot of difference. but as it stands, Spurs have the best squad of all 3 teams. But they have to cope with EL and well their bottling mentality.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:29 pm

I was gonna make that point... Last season the issue was brief mental lapses against top teams (both games against City, red card against ManU, both games against Everton, letting up 2 goals in five minutes against Arsenal, etc. etc.) which cost us points rather than poor performances against bottom sides. While I'd love to iron out the West Brom/Aston Villa fluke games from last year, realistically we're not going to go undefeated against the bottom 10, so if we could just hold on to a few more of those wins against top teams I'd be happy.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Anyone saying we should add Chelsea is incredibly deluded.

Everton have zero chance of competing.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Defensive mid tottenham rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:00 pm

EL Patron wrote:Defensive mid tottenham rofl 
Because they didnt sign Holtby, Dembele and Siggurdsson over the past couple of months.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:07 pm

I have a feeling Arsenal is gonna win the league this season actually. And Spurs could very easily take one of the other 3 out of the Top 4. United central midfield is still a weak point, Vidic and Ferdinand are both done, Rooneys unhappy and Fergie is gone. City is just a clusterf*ck of big players but still haven't shown that they're a real quality TEAM. And Chelsea I personally just don't find that strong. Lampard, Terry, Torres, etc are done, and Hazard and Mourinho and a few others cant carry them forever. Liverpool is out of the question honestly. They've been getting better but not quite good enough for Top 4.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 pm

The only DM's at Tottenham right now are Sandro and Capoue, the latter of which was brought in because of his ability to play CB as well.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

something-red wrote:You don't get top four by aiming for a European spot.
You get top four by aiming on winning the league. (Even if you fall off 10+ points, there is a good chance you're playing in Europe next season.)  
Using the Great Shankly's words Thumbs up

But in all honesty these days, reality is that you can aim for the sky all you want but if you haven’t got the cash for a plane ticket, you’re staying on the ground.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Gil wrote:
Because they didnt sign Holtby, Dembele and Siggurdsson over the past couple of months.
Holtby is average doesn't count, pretty sure Dembele played defensive mid last season and Siggurdsson played left mid. They have Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue who can all play defensive mid and will prob play there so defensive mid Tottenham What a Face 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 pm

DMeelan of England. hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Dembele didn't play DM. Paulinho will play CM like Dembele will this season and did last season.

To quote myself:
The only DM's at Tottenham right now are Sandro and Capoue, the latter of which was brought in because of his ability to play CB as well.
What you are saying is like me saying "DMArsenal, they have Arteta, Diaby, Frimpong and I'm pretty sure at times Wilshere was a DM last year." Hur dur.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next