CBarca
aleumdance
RedOranje
Gil
52 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top 4

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 26 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]
Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 31 ]

Total Votes : 64

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am

Dembele didn't play DM. Paulinho will play CM like Dembele will this season and did last season.

To quote myself:
The only DM's at Tottenham right now are Sandro and Capoue, the latter of which was brought in because of his ability to play CB as well.
What you are saying is like me saying "DMArsenal, they have Arteta, Diaby, Frimpong and I'm pretty sure at times Wilshere was a DM last year." Hur dur.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Empty Re: Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4?

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:55 am

1- Arsenal
2- Man City
3- Man Utd
4- Liverpool
5- Chelsea
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

McAgger wrote:
something-red wrote:You don't get top four by aiming for a European spot.
You get top four by aiming on winning the league. (Even if you fall off 10+ points, there is a good chance you're playing in Europe next season.)  
Using the Great Shankly's words Thumbs up

But in all honesty these days, reality is that you can aim for the sky all you want but if you haven’t got the cash for a plane ticket, you’re staying on the ground.
You only really need to spend to win silverware. Arsenal has killed the myth where you need to spend to make CL as they can't buy anyone, really. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Despite Arsenal's miraculous ability to make late runs, I can't help but see their luck running out this season. They've simply failed to do anything of note so far in the transfer window while all of their competitors have made significant moves to strengthen, none more so than Spurs.

When you consider that Arsenal absolutely had to beat a faltering Newcastle side on the last match-day of the season in order to secure CL football, it's not hard to imagine Spurs overtaking them this season. They were arguably the better side last season. After adding Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, and Capoue, it's hard to imagine Arsenal beating them out again. This spending spreee was likely in anticipation of Bale's departure. however, they've arguably strenghthened the squad even with the dynamic Welshman leaving the club. They now have a quality striker, they've assembled one of the best midfields in the PL, Dawson emerged as a leader last season, Kaboul will be returning, Vertonghen showed himself to be a dynamic force, and don't forget about Lloris in goal.

I know I sound like I am gushing over spurs here, and I suppose I am. They've absolutely made the most out of what could have been a very awkward situation. They went out early in the window, identified targets, and set about making them offers they could not turn down. Sure, they've paid slightly over the odds for some players (Soldado and arguably Paulinho), but they're coming into a large sum of money, and it's not like they bought overpriced English talent.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Its between Liverpool and Spurs.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Dontreaddonred Proud :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:53 am

Higgy
Jovetic Rooney Suarez
Fellaini Luiz Gastavo
Gibbs Kos Merte Sagna
Julio Cesar

Arsene Wenger has let 17 players leave Arsenal this summer, he has brought in only one (and even he was free) and now the club only have 11 fit senior players ahead of the first weekend of the Premier League season.
Arsenal. Proud

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 am

Arsenal has made it a habit of making it to CL (perhaps same as not winning any trophy). Though they haven't signed any player worth to mention, there is two weeks left of the window and then there is January window as well.

However, Spurs have done well (so far) in transfer window and if they can hold on to Bale, they will have edge (even if marginally) to make it to CL next year.

Liverpool are at least one key player short (even with Suarez staying) and they lack cover in LB and DM positions.

So, as things stand now, it will be
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:16 am

People act as if our starting 11 are a bunch of jabronis fresh out of the academy Laughing

What Sp*rs have done is upgraded a ton of utter trash with marginally better components
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:19 am

if bale stays and arsenal doesn't buy any players, really spurs could be serious threat!

i want arsenal to be top 4 but maybe top 5 finish might just be eye opener for board. its been too long fans have been patient!

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Lex wrote:People act as if our starting 11 are a bunch of jabronis fresh out of the academy Laughing

What Sp*rs have done is upgraded a ton of utter trash with marginally better components
That "utter trash" pushed Arsenal to the final day last season, so the upgrades really are what makes the difference at this point.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I think it will be Spurs,and Arsenal missing the CL might help them in the future.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Suarez da gawd.

Sturridge and Coutinho tho.

Gerrard and Lucas.

Kolo, Mignolet and Agger.

Game over if they sign Willian.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Still only matchday 1 amigos. I'd wait at least another week before making any final judgements.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 am

Gil wrote:Suarez da gawd.

Sturridge and Coutinho tho.

Gerrard and Lucas, Hendo.

Kolo, Mignolet and Agger.

Game over if they sign Willian.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

What does everyone think now?

Liverpool actually have a stronger first XI imo and more balanced first XI. Shocking depth though.

Sturridge
Coutinho Suarez RW
Lucas Gerrard

Scary front 6.

Spurs will have chemistry issues. But they have made some incredible singings. Not enough playmakers though.

Arsenal needed 2/3 signings and failed badly. Gazidis/Wenger need work some magic in these last couple of days to stand a chance. Their squad is incredibly thin but I love the spine of that team. Koscielny, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere, Sagna and Gibbs. Distinct lack of superstars in that team though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 am

Meh Spurs don't need playmakers.

That midfield 3 will = loads of clean sheets.

So much pace and power in the team and that's all you need at this level.

They are going to be scary when they all gel, but for now they will just pick up points will not being very good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:27 am

If we must not leak goals/avoid defensive errors/convert the draws into narrow wins, the league is ours. cheers drunken 
I will wait for the window to shut down :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh Spurs don't need playmakers.

That midfield 3 will = loads of clean sheets.

So much pace and power in the team and that's all you need at this level.

They are going to be scary when they all gel, but for now they will just pick up points will not being very good.
Soldado is a pointless player without service. Has looked incredibly isolated so far.

Paulinho and Capoue are monsters though. Dembele is needless IMO. Could sacrifice some defensive solidarity with more playmaking.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:10 pm

True i like Dembele but for the level Spurs are trying to get to he's probably not quite good enough.

They have been linked with Eriksen today.

Paulinho Capoue Eriksen
Lamela Soldado Chadli

Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal for Top 4? - Page 3 Wanknk2

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I think the midfield will probably be Paulinho - Capoue - Dembele which means tons of grit and steel but little technique. With Lamela and Soldado spurs will have one of the most vertical attacks in the world. Grit and steel + kick and rush Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Siggy has been used as the middle AM in a 4-2-3-1 a couple times this season and failed miserably. I'm putting it down to inconsistency, he didn't start last season well either.

Let's not forget that Holtby has recovered from his injury and played a full game with the U-21's. I'm expecting him to get a start in a meaningless game on Tuesday and we'll see how he does.

I have full expectations that Holtby can be the player that can help link the rest of the attack to Soldado, who I agree, has been far too isolated. Though part of that can be put down to Soldado gelling and getting used to playing with the rest of the attack etc

Dembele is still a great player but after singing his praises last year, he doesn't look quite the player...whether that's due to Paulinho and Capoue or his own under performing I'm not sure, but he needs to step it up.

I'm biased of course but I still put Spurs up for top 4.

I can't distinguish between Liverpool and Arsenal. I'd say the teams are about equal, and neither has the depth Spurs have...I'd give the edge to Arsenal.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Voted for Spurs. In Sandro they have the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League (if he recovers from injury well). Capoue as back up, Paulinho and Dembele make up a very powerful midfield. Signed Soldado who, if he has service, will get 20 goals. Just signed Lamela and apparently in talks with Eriksen who will provide a lot more creativity.

Got the best depth out of themselves, Arsenal and Liverpool. I think they could be title challengers in a couple of years if they improve their defence.

Don't think Liverpool will get above 6th unless we improve the first XI. Doesn't look like we'll do enough. Need a CB, DM and another attacker. Supposedly interested in Sakho for CB. No links to a DM which is very worrying for me. And unfortunately after targeting players such as Mkhitaryan, Diego Costa and Willian it looks like we've settled on a loan for Victor Moses.

Arsenal have the experience and know how, but Spurs ran them close last year and have improved massively, whereas Arsenal haven't.

4 - Spurs
5 - Arsenal
6 - Liverpool

That's my prediction.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:09 pm

You should probably reset the poll after the transfer window closes :coffee: 

Welcome El Jefe, way to set the bar high on the quality of your contributions to this forum :bow: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm

El Jefe wrote:Voted for Spurs......................I think they could be title challengers in a couple of years
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl And with that out of my system, I am off to beddy byes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Lex wrote:
El Jefe wrote:Voted for Spurs......................I think they could be title challengers in a couple of years
roflroflroflrofl🤣And with that out of my system, I am off to beddy byes
Don't worry about Lex, El Jefe, with nothing to get excited about this Summer he's lost his mind and resulted to nothing but trolling with his posts :facepalm:  
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next