The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri

+2
Luca
Juvellinapoli
6 posters

Go down

The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri Empty The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri

Post by Juvellinapoli Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:34 am

Guy has played 2 1/2 for Juventus, having scored 35-ish goals; he is completely ineffective as a "penalty box predator", requires 4-5 opportunities to score 1 goal. Admittedly, the 3-5-2 doesn't suit him, but at the end of the day, players must adapt to the Allenatore, not vice-versa. He has very little skill, it looks like he is more concerned about ruining his hairdo, then actually doing almost anything he can to bury an opportunity.

What I don't understand, is the hate directed at Fernando Llorente; he has not played in almost 1 year b/c of Bielsa's politics. He has consistently scored 15+ goals/year having to play, with the exception of Muniain, and Herrara, with absolute scrubs. He is yet to be accustomed to Serie A, and the tight-marking, has, by his own admission, never played Conte's type of Calcio, and has consistently shown up in big games (goals v Manhester Utd, Madrid).

Fabio Quagliarella should not be sold, the idea of selling Quagliarella, and keeping Matri is pure lunacy; he carried Juve on his back prior to his injury, has scored when given the opportunity, scores goals in big games (Inter, Chelsea), has the Juve DNA (see his spat with Alessio when subbed v Milan), and can create chances for himself.

Predictions;

Tevez-15 goals
Llorente-22 goals
Giovinco-8 goals
Vucinic-10 goals, 8-10 assists
Boakye-0 goals

Juvellinapoli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri Empty Re: The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri

Post by Luca Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 am

Beautiful piece about Matri, my feelings have never been hidden about him. Great poacher, in the box kind of player. Was good in his half-season under Del Neri in the 4-4-2, but that was a mediocre team in every sense of the word.

As for your predictions, highly ambitious for Llorente to be honest but I could see it. I think Boakye will score. Giovinco scoring 8 would be worse than last year, I think he will be more comfortable this year so I don't think he'll decline.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri Empty Re: The double-standard that is Alessandro Matri

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Yea seriously Matri is highly ineffective. He must be sold. I really hope we keep Quag as he deserves to stay here and win more trophies.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Juvellinapoli wrote:has the Juve DNA (see his spat with Alessio when subbed v Milan),
You are seriously using this as an argument to show that he has Juve 'DNA' ?

If anything that was classless,you dont see any Juve player doing that and must be sold for that single incident alone.

I think in the end both will get sold anyway so its pointless arguing who has to leave first because Marotta has said we'll sell two strikers and Quag and Matri are the two players ahead in that pecking order.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:28 pm

#justice4Matri
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:02 pm

He was never even Juve material, but the Conte era has not been about quality forwards, it has been about everything else, and team effort.

I am very eager to see if Llorente and Tevez can handle the pressure they are under.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm

btw

Di Marzio wrote:Al Gharafa is focusing on Fabio Quagliarella. The Asian club, who already purchased Lisandro Lopez and Nene’, is interested in the Juve striker. A fax with an official offer is expected: 7 million euro to the black and white club and a 3 year deal for the player.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Another update :

Boakye close to joining Elche on loan.

Di Marzio wrote:Future in Spain for Boakye. The Juventus striker, who played very well for Sassuolo last season, is close to joining Elche, who will pay 300,000 Euros for the loan. Juve is expected to approve the deal on Monday and Boakye will say good bye to Italy..
Looks like we're not keeping him then.Sounds too confusing at this point
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down