lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
Dnmac4
Red Alert
McAgger
76 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:13 pm

To me, he's in the conversation as the best player in the world this season.

6 goals in the Euro is second only to Platini's 9 in 1984. To perform like this at home in France... and play the way he has. Incredible. He's been technically quasi-perfect in the elimination rounds.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Great tidy player. Always keeps it simple. Great decision making and his first touch is one of the best I've ever seen.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:03 pm

People love to point out every time I'm wrong but I called Grizzy becoming a world beater in 2011 and at the time he was a nobody. Proud #feelsgoodmane
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:12 pm

He's like a technically better Thomas Müller. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:14 pm

He's got a long way to go before he's ready to lick Müller's boots, tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:14 pm

futbol wrote:He's like a technically better Thomas Müller. :bow:

Can we stop comparing impostors to actual difference makers ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Yep, he is one of the world's best. Him, Messi and Suarez were for me the best 3 attacking football players this season. I never liked to delimit and choose only one, I don't even like picking up players in a top, but I changed my mind for a few seconds and made it, including Griezmann there.

Loved him since Sociedad, rated him since then, I remember the match at Lyon (absolutely incredible). For me, he is at the same level like he was at Sociedad, it's only the fact that he moved to a bigger club (Atletico) and the Euro 2016 coming which made him more and more popular, fact that came naturally.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Great player, deserves all the praise.

The frack are we doing comparing him to Mueller, though?

He has years of consistency to prove and he's not even the same type of player. Hell, there ain't no player like Mueller.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:06 am

Don't call me James wrote:People love to point out every time I'm wrong but I called Grizzy becoming a world beater in 2011 and at the time he was a nobody. Proud #feelsgoodmane

makes 1 for 250

good job, great eye! Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:10 am

Sushi Master wrote:Great player, deserves all the praise.

The frack are we doing comparing him to Mueller, though?

He has years of consistency to prove and he's not even the same type of player. Hell, there ain't no player like Mueller.

...uh?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80241/History/Antoine-Griezmann

He's been pretty consistently great the last few years. Better than Muller, anyway.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:16 am

B-Mac wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:People love to point out every time I'm wrong but I called Grizzy becoming a world beater in 2011 and at the time he was a nobody. Proud #feelsgoodmane

makes 1 for 250

Brev I called Italy getting knocked out in the quarters.

I'm on a roll.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:28 am

Don't call me James wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:People love to point out every time I'm wrong but I called Grizzy becoming a world beater in 2011 and at the time he was a nobody. Proud  #feelsgoodmane

makes 1 for 250

Brev I called Italy getting knocked out in the quarters.

I'm on a roll.

Will Romania qualify to World Cup 2018, considering Christoph Daum has been named our new coach yesterday? Shocked
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:59 am

I remember defending him here when people were saying that the only reason he scored in LaReal was Carlos Vella.  I don't go back as far as 2011...  but in the 2012-2013 range (basically after the Euro in 2012), i started really paying attention because France were starving for creative attacking players at the time.

I saw him more as a AM or outside forward at the time... he's developed into a 9.5, 10, second striker, whatever you want to call it... i never saw 30+ goals in him. That's all on Simeone. He wasn't this player at LaReal.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:14 am

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Already made much better than Ribery for years.
France NT is not for anyone tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Rich man's Mueller. A half forward who isn't useless if he isn't playing in a dream 4-2-4 system that masks weaknesses.

Praise aside, his eyebrows are hella annoying, though.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Thoughts on people calling him a big match flop?

True or False?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 pm

He blows hot and cold. He performed quite well against Madrid last season in the Bernabeu and against Barcelona in the UCL. Then he gives you matches that leave a decent amount to be desired like in the UCL final and Euro final.

Won't call him a big match flop though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:04 pm

It has more to do with his style in that Griezmann kinda thrieves on second balls around the box and on open spaceand attacks.

He is never going to be the guy that dictates how the game goes, rather the guy that kills the chances generated by his team performance. If that makes sense...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:49 am

Not to mention, he was marked entire game by Carvajal! He was simply put out of game by an excellent effort by Carvajal.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:59 am

He was injured in the first NT game this past week and was sent home and didn't play the 2nd NT game...  he barely passed fitness for the Madrid game.

Nowhere near 100% but wanted to make it out there.  Let's not forget this small little detail. The way Atleti are set up (no midfield creative force whatsoever), the forwards can't be effective unless they are full go and can not only score but create chances for themselves.

He could easily have taken the easy route and just forfeited the game like most would have. In fact, if Atleti weren't trailing in the standings before this game, i would venture he would have.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:43 am

@nick yeah sorta like suarez does too!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:40 pm

I dont know if he still does it now but it used to be that Suarez would drive with the ball to create chances. It's something that is glaringly missing in grizzy's game
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 pm

Blah blah blah runs and dribbles that all you look for in a player, what a casual nob as for the rest of you, relax greaseman is more than proven as a big game player, can't win every game by yourself, that has nothing to with driving the ball into the box.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:52 pm

the only nob here is you, why dont you shut the *** up?

Griezmann is not a good dribbler, nor does he create by running with the ball. fact. example, Hazard, without the ball in his feet, he finds it hard to be relevant, he needs to dribbles, shimmy, turn, cut inside. that's his game

Grizzy is a fantastic runner and he is always in movements, that's just his style. he is aggressive attacking space and figuring out where the ball will end up so he can finish chances. Hazard is incapable of that.

Two completely different styles and regardless of what i like, that's who they are. Never ask griezmann to go take on two defenders, he can't, hazard yes. likewise, dont ask hazard to play off the shoulder of a CB... The amount of goals they score is very representative of how they play

One young player who is proving to be equally gifted on and off the ball is Neymar. He adapts to barca with and without Messi and adjusts his style of play accordingly.

Chad you are the idiot here, instead of explaining (as if you can) you call people nobs. Besides no one here is calling him a bad player, but he has a lot of flops in big games.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 am

[mod]There is no need for insults in any thread. -25% to both of you.[/mod]
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next