lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
Dnmac4
Red Alert
McAgger
76 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Kick Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 am

[mod]There is no need for insults in any thread. -25% to both of you.[/mod]

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:49 pm

at 20 goals and 10 assists now after a VERY slow start. Heating up. Probably end up around 27 goals and 14 assists... but a decent chance at 30 goals and 15 assists given his form.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:57 pm

My favorite player outside of Liverpool. Pity if he joins United though I don't see any reason why he would take a step down. Atletico are legit CL contenders every season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:00 pm

United are a bigger club

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:17 pm

He's not going to United if they fail to make top 4.  In fact, if Liverpool make top 4 AND Liverpool is willing to spend...  with Klopp, they'd be a contender.

Also, wherever Simeone ends up too obviously.  Any chance Simeone ends up at Arsenal?  If Emery goes to Barca, he may go to PSG.  Don't want Griezmann at PSG.  Has nothing to prove in France.  Want him in EPL if not La Liga.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Simeone will stay until 2018 so he should stay put at least until Simeone leaves.

Even if United don't make top 4 they still have the EL route. Europa League is very weak this year. United are heavy favorites. Hard to see them not winning it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's not going to United if they fail to make top 4.  In fact, if Liverpool make top 4 AND Liverpool is willing to spend...  with Klopp, they'd be a contender.

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 7 CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie

Agent Sports at it again
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:34 pm

He said it himself last month... not directly in terms of Man U. But he said he's committed to winning the Champion's League. That's his top goal for the remainder of his career according to him.

You don't need to be some kind of genius to understand that he will never go to a non-CL team, Man U or otherwise.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:37 pm

I more so meant that Liverpool could be a contender for where he ends up

that's never going to happen
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:40 pm

If they're in CL, spend the money and have Klopp... no reason why. But I don't think Liverpool will spend 100 mil on anyone so it takes them out.

Here's an article that doesn't bode well for EPL:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-griezmann-12605538

"Who knows how the season will finish. If it finishes badly, maybe I will ask myself the question. For the moment, it is not relevant...

"Aside from that, I am asking myself where I could go. In Spain, there is Barcelona and Real Madrid.

"Barcelona have the three up top. Real Madrid, that is impossible because of the club I am at. I think that between them, there is a pact.

"Germany, the league does not attract me much. France, not for the moment.

"And England, I have a lot of doubts about my private life. Everything like rain, bad weather... I need to feel happy outside."

In the past, the 25-year-old has spoken of his desire to play alongside international teammate Paul Pogba at club level.

But he believes La Liga could be best suited to his style.

He added: "I like the teams who bring intensity like in England. Yes, I watch the English league. The referees let the game flow, the stadiums are always full.

"But if I have to choose one league, it is the Spanish league, because it corresponds the best with my game."

If Simeone stays, he's not going anywhere as long as Atleti really pay him well imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:20 am

I don't understand why you guys think he's definitely moving. Fact of the matter is that unless Barca, RM, Juve or Bayern come after him he's at the best place he can be. Moving to a team struggling to make the CL is laughable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:26 am

Money BC...  that's a big one.  He's making £5,833,333 this season.  He could probably triple that in EPL.

He already said he has no interest in Bundi or Serie A. Also said he's not interested in returning to France yet. That really leave EPL or La Liga. Will Atleti pay him 10+ mil in wages? Will Simeone stay? Those 2 are the big questions.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:53 am

IDK.... he strikes me as a competitor, someone more interested in titles than money. If Atleti get halfway there I can see him staying, although I can see how it would be hard to turn down a 200% raise Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:19 am

If he was being offered the money to go to China, a secondary league or a non-elite club... I'm with you completely. But to get a 200% raise and stay in the elite, that's a tough one to walk away from imo.

You may be right and he may choose to stay. But these types of decisions are long long long shots imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:17 pm

if he's more interested in titles, those other options may be better for him than staying at atleti. and even if he wanted the money, moving to england for example won't make him less of a competitor. there's competition there as well, and the money will be good.....trophies don't pay the bills nor maintain the lifestyle, and its not like atleti is a guarantee for titles anyway
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:21 pm

He could still go to PSG or Chelsea.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 pm

titosantill wrote:if he's more interested in titles, those other options may be better for him than staying at atleti. and even if he wanted the money, moving to england for example won't make him less of a competitor. there's competition there as well, and the money will be good.....trophies don't pay the bills nor maintain the lifestyle, and its not like atleti is a guarantee for titles anyway

Spot on. Plus as Turan said, running that much at Atleti wears you out.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:59 am

'I see no reason to leave Atletico Madrid' - Antoine Griezmann

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has said that he has no plans to leave the club and called the constant questioning over whether he will go to Manchester United tiresome.

Although the 25-year-old is under contract at Atletico until 2021, there has been regular speculation that United are among the clubs considering paying the €100 million release clause in his contract.

Griezmann said he is staying right where he is.

"I am always asked the same question and I am pretty sick of it, but like I always say, I am very happy here," he told Spain's TVE Telediario de La1. "I have learned a lot over time, I have the best teammates and a top coach. So I am doing very well here and there is no reason to go."

France international Griezmann, the top scorer at Euro 2016, is one of world football's most sought-after players. He has been a key player for Los Colchoneros again this season, scoring 20 goals in 37 appearances in all competitions.

He said that he doesn't envision Diego Simeone leaving the club anytime soon either.

The Argentine coach, who has been in charge of Atletico since December 2011, is tied to the Madrid outfit until June 2018.

"He likes it here, he sees in us a squad that has more to give and he does as well," Griezmann said. "He wants to go very far in Champions and La Liga and soon we will have a new stadium. I am sure he will continue with us."

Atletico are set to leave their Estadio Vicente Calderon for a former athletics stadium on the outskirts of the city, now almost rebuilt into a modern 70,000-seater ground which is battling with Baku's Olympic Stadium to host the 2018-19 Champions League final.

Griezmann had words of praise for fellow La Liga stars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Messi is top, he can completely turn a match around whenever he wants and Cristiano is a player who goes to work, he always strives for the best and for me, he is the best in the world," he said.

He admitted that he was impressed with Barcelona's Champions League comeback.

"In France they were saying that [Paris Saint-Germain] were already through to quarterfinals and they were giving Barcelona zero percent chance," he said. "And they put on quite a show. That is why I love football."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3079368/i-see-no-reason-to-leave-atletico-madrid-antoine-griezmann
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:00 am

^Good.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:22 pm

What an A grade *bleep*

Don't give me that nonsense of he got no time, All players can take out 5 seconds of their lives to sign an isolated shirt at the very least.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:09 pm

pos move Grizzy, but the bald fella is triggered like Griezmann owes him something. Lol *bleep* off. It's an autograph. Was probably looking to sell it on ebay anyways.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Harsh but necessary lesson for the girl.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:15 pm

Don't call me James wrote:pos move Grizzy, but the bald fella is triggered like Griezmann owes him something. Lol *bleep* off. It's an autograph. Was probably looking to sell it on ebay anyways.

You would probably do that but not all people think like you though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 am

Don't call me James wrote:pos move Grizzy, but the bald fella is triggered like Griezmann owes him something. Lol *bleep* off. It's an autograph. Was probably looking to sell it on ebay anyways.

Hell no, Look at what it means to the girl. They drove 200 kms down specifically for him in a France shirt for a Atletico away game in Spain apparently.

It was his shirt in France NT colors. This was no random unnamed French shirt or an Atletico jersey.

The only reason i'd accept here if he wanted to take a dump asap.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 am

It should also not come as a surprise that most if not all French players of this generation are utter twats who think no end of themselves. Despicable group of players if there's ever one.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:09 pm

S wrote:It should also not come as a surprise that most if not all French players of this generation are utter twats who think no end of themselves. Despicable group of players if there's ever one.

Couldn't have said it better myself, its not just good talents but the bad ones as well. You see guys like Niang, Coman, Ntcham all rocking Beats headphones and disregarding fans all the time, its like who are you again? Bunch of twats the lot of them. And then you wonder why France lost the Euros, the big boys like CR, don't club all night and watch James Harden all day like that fake Basque c*nt
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next