lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
Dnmac4
Red Alert
McAgger
76 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 pm

That's not the whole story though

His initial response before his PR team kicked into motion and took over was pretty aggressive. Can't believe he shouted f*** off when there's so many cameras around nowadays.

http://www.latlmes.com/breaking/french-star-slams-disgruntled-fan-in-abusive-outburst-1

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Just saw that LA Times piece. Worth seeing. Completely changed my mind.

*bleep* Griezmann.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

That's what I like about Sportz, as we all are he is obviously bias towards certain teams/players. But show him the info and he doesn't shy away from admitting he was wrong.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Ok i changed my mind, he's a *bleep* Laughing

I shouldn't be surprised though, most footballers are utter scumbags and while i was trolling that part of my posts i genuinely feel.

Pretty much all of them are so far removed from the fans it's unreal and believe their own hype while being arrogant *bleep*.

I realised it while watching other sports, most players from other sports come across a lot more relatable than footballers do. It's one of the reasons i have been going off football in recent years, everyone from the managers, owners and players are self serving twats.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 pm

#respect Griezmann

I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the La Times link, Opened it twice to confirm this is true.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Politely declining to do something is fair, you're not entitled to anything from a person because you're a fan. But what he is seen shouting there is just ridiculous. No class.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:28 pm

@tomwin thanks for the link
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:14 am

I blame it on living so long in Spain and spending time with Diego Costa.  He was always going to be steered wrong...

I saw him reach down but the camera frame wasn't wide enough.  You can just imagine what he was reaching for.

Completely uncalled for. Maybe that's why she started crying. How well endowed can a man the size of Greizmann be.... we'd probably cry for him too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:36 pm

not watched him this season but keep hearing he's playing meh AF

I never watch Atleti outside of the CL, what's his actual lvl? is he WC or what?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Peaked

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Firenze wrote:not watched him this season but keep hearing he's playing meh AF

I never watch Atleti outside of the CL, what's his actual lvl? is he WC or what?

Think of him as a player better than anyone on your team
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Firenze wrote:not watched him this season but keep hearing he's playing meh AF

Think of him as a player better than anyone on your team

the same team that beat Spurs a couple of days before they abused you? Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Thinking-face_1f914
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:34 pm

Griezmann is actually having a fine season, he is not setting up anything on fire but he is still as good as he used to be two years ago, if not better.

But since the overall level of Atletico is on the decline that affects the perception we have of him, not to mention that after almost 4 years of seeing him fail to beat Madrid and Barca, people are just "tired" of him.

Also, we continue to judge players nowadays with the metric of CR and Messi when we shouldn't. We do it instinctively, but Griezmann is not and was never of their ink. He is a good player for his era, nothing special like a bunch of guys out here. But then again, you become special by winning trophies or pulling off some insane individual feats, and he has yet to do either.

We all need a change.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Reminds me a bit of Alexis in the sense that neither wanted to stay at their current clubs but circumstances forced them to. Obviously, Grizzy stayed so that Atleti wasn't completely screwed with transfer ban while Alexis was trying to force the issue.

But here's the bottom line... they both still play hard... but without the reckless abandon that they usually would. For Grizzy, his first true big contract is ahead of him and there's a WC. So I think that's all in the back of his head.

Still is playing very well... but the grinta is being harnessed. Given Atleti's talent, he needs that grinta to get stats.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm

He really should leave though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 am

why is no one calling out this guy for the fraud that he is?

one dimensional scrub, after flopping in 2 UCL finals and 1 euro finals he is now leading atletico to europa league, his true level
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 am

He''s already thinking of Barca
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:why is no one calling out this guy for the fraud that he is?

one dimensional scrub, after flopping in 2 UCL finals and 1 euro finals he is now leading atletico to europa league, his true level

he wasn't in atletico for their first CL final

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 pm

you are right borussia, it was a semi finals then if i recall, still he is getting a pass for those games by a lot of people on here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Griezmann wasn't even an Atlético player when they made their first final
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Lucky him, imagine having another failed final on your CV. He is a mental midget, the clutch player in that team is Saul Niguez
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:07 pm

he really isn't. he's scored clutch goals against bayern and barca to knock them out of semis / quarters in 2015/16 CL campaign.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Yeah and the only reason France made it to the Finals of the Euro in the first place with his double against Germany in the semis and dominating the tournament starting in the first game of the elimination rounds.  Highest goal total in Euro history in that tournament (Platini being number one in Euro 1984)...  and this despite basically easing through the pool games.

It's the hipster GL opinions dude that have nothing to do with fact.  The problem he's had at NT (prior to the past year or so) and club is that either he scores or the team doesn't win.  Giroud was his secondary scorer on NT and the likes of Torres/Gameiro at Atleti in the past 3 years.  Now that he has Mbappe, Lacazette, Martial, etc., he has help on NT.  Needs to move at the club level. A very good strike ratio is 0.70... 1.00 is reserved for great players on elite attacking team. So at .70... and knowing that you have doubles and hat tricks even in some games... you need secondary scoring help in 30+% of the rest of the games.

Imagine if Ronaldo didn't have in form Higuain/Benzema and a clutch Bale.  Madrid don't win period despite his stats (and I"m not saying Griezmann is anywhere as good as CR).  You need a reliable second option.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Griezmann is the reason Atleti haven't won the CL. Missing penalties, 1v1s, going missing etc. Guys like Saul revel in the big pressure environments, guys like Griezmann shrink
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Griezmann is the reason Atleti haven't won the CL. Missing penalties, 1v1s, going missing etc. Guys like Saul revel in the big pressure environments, guys like Griezmann shrink

he's the reason they came close to it though
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:13 pm

^ That would be Simeone. He reached the final before Griezmann's signature.

Griezmann's contributions are undeniable, but he let Atlético down on many occasions. The opportunity of winning the CL was presented to him on a silver platter through that penalty. Had he buried that ball, Atlético would've most likely gone home with the trophy. Instead he choked royally and went invisible for a lengthy period of the final.

He's definitely talented, but his level of chokage is almost legendary.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next