Lex
Nishankly
VendettaRed07
aleumdance
REWB
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Well played Spurs, Well played.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Well played Spurs, Well played.

Post by aleumdance Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:34 pm

El Gunner wrote:I've been on the "Wenger Out" boat for a while now as you guys know...

But this doesn't mean that its sure thing that Spurs will end up ahead of us come the end of the season. They've spent better than us. That's for sure. Much better, (well we haven't spent at all so it isn't even a question) They've acquired the services of some very decent players with real potential (that's if they finish the signatures of Lamela and Willian) and they've got a very good squad now. Arguably better than ours, but that Spurs team still has to gel now, get some sort of cohesive football going. AVB is far from done with this team. Yes their arrivals has massively boosted the individual talent in the team, but still it's a team sport and they still have to show what they are really made off on the pitch.
mate. they have a squad that will roast ours in seconds, secondly ARRY IS NO LONGER THEIR MANAGER, ITS VILLA BOAS...

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Well played Spurs, Well played.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Well played Spurs, Well played.

Post by aleumdance Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:47 pm

lex, i have been a die hard since 1999, same year with you

but spurs are differnt, they are proper scums, inm their forums,, but we ain't,, if irs fair play to them, we say fair play, we the big club,, but lets be honest..they have pulled this one much better than our donkeys
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 pm

As a die hard gunner who loves the Arsenal FC emotionally, financially etc.

I disapprove this thread!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 pm

KennethCole wrote:As a die hard gunner who loves the Arsenal FC emotionally, financially etc.

I disapprove this thread!

mate, we are all die hards,... but reality check has to hit us at this point...
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:51 pm

At no point will I ever say, damn Spurs are gonna 'roast' us or lick their arses. Ever.

The farthest I will go is to say they've reinvested their Bale money wisely, that's it, whatever mistakes our manager has made in not making moves will not be used as a derogatory to talk them up. This is an Arsenal forum, enough of this despicable belittling of ourselves, we're the Arsenal, it's like we haven't been dominant for 16 straight years and it's like the transfer window has closed.

Get your heads together, Gooners.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Its fair enough for the OP to have his own opinion. Spurs are assembled a team that can go toe to toe with the rest of the teams in the league. I just think we are all ticked off at this point. Its probably best to take a step back and relax. Posting a thread which pretty much says "we suck, they are great" at the worst time possible does not help either Laughing

In my personal opinion, Our squad is being grossly underrated. I think we will come out on top yet again.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Spurs have done very, very well in this market - particularly if all the reported moves for Coentrao, Willian, and Lamela come off. They bought actively and seemed to do pretty well in the last few markets, too.

That said, if there is any club that can self-destruct even better than a thin Arsenal squad ... it's Spurs. The last time there wasn't a St. Totteringham's Day was 1995. That's probably longer than several people here have been alive.

I get the frustration with Wenger, etc. I understand it's scary. I'm not really addressing that. But we can't say "look at how Arsenal have done" the last few seasons, and then forget what Spurs have done themselves the last few seasons. AVB is a talented young manager but he's not yet near the same level as say Mourinho, Pellegrini or (yes) Wenger. What if the Spurs squad doesn't gel? What if 1-2 of these signings do really well, but several others are big flops? What if all the momentum seems to go Spurs' way, as it has looked & as media outlets have trumpeted it for the past few seasons ... but come the end of the season, Arsenal finish above them yet again?

Now maybe this year will indeed be the year that Spurs come good. But one match into the season, with a few weeks left for Wenger to potentially, partly redeem Arsenal's piss-poor execution in the transfer market ... I'm not going to panic yet.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm

thread is pathetic for sure...this should be deleted and some of us gooners need to respect the club. giving props to spurs for anything besides chocking its a low for arsenal. there is a rival thread and this shud have been posted there, with a lil bit of detail not the whole essay u wrote on spurs transfers. its like clapping hands for a Bale freekick at the emirates
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I am not happy with our situation either but to this thread was not needed. I keep hearing Spurs signing player not once I thought oh shit they are becoming better than us. They can who ever they want and still be in our shadow. Yes they have been very busy in the transfer window but they have only played one game won by penalties.

Just look at their squad and ours, I dont care what anyone says they dont have better squad than we do. The more players they sign the sweeter when they play EL next year again.

Lets get behind our team, we have a important game tonight.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I am not happy with our situation either but to this thread was not needed. I keep hearing Spurs signing player not once I thought oh shit they are becoming better than us. They can who ever they want and still be in our shadow. Yes they have been very busy in the transfer window but they have only played one game won by penalties.

Just look at their squad and ours, I dont care what anyone says they dont have better squad than we do. The more players they sign the sweeter when they play EL next year again.

Lets get behind our team, we have a important game tonight.
Welcome back Smile
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 pm

I bitch a lot here I know,Laughing  and on the way to work I check the forum to see if we have signed anyone, :Pand I saw this thread and I was like wtf? I thought it was a joke.
I know why REWB is frustrated I think we all do, but to make something like this not right. I am not ok with our board and lack of transfers at the end of the day I love watching our boys play and yes I get angry if they lose and but they bring us lost of joy also.

We all are Arsenal fans and to be fighting here is not right, we have always kept our section clean and we should move on from this thread.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 pm

So what, Spuds have shown ambition? Isn't that what every club is supposed to do? That's why we're mad as hell right now because Arsenal don't. Ignore it if you want, but it's the reality.

Acknowledging spuds are showing ambition isn't a problem. It just makes it even more poignant our club doesn't have our sh*t together. What's worse than someone acknowledging the efforts the rivals have made is standing for the incompetence, ineptitude, and lack of ambition we have displayed over the last several years.

F*ck Spurs, whether they finish above us or not isn't the issue being discussed. They've done almost exactly what we've needed to do in terms of improving the team and it's shameful we haven't.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 am

Haven't cared about top 4 for years, it was sweet last year to get one over spurs but who cares about CL like you said we ain't signing no players because we're in the CL & we get K.O'd soon as we face good opponents. *bleep* CL. *bleep* wenger. Another wasted summer & another wasted season all due to arrogance & complacency.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 am

this thread is just :facepalm: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:24 am

Has anyone considered that the spuds have actually shown all the ambition strengthening their squad in an attempt to tempt Bale into staying?

Something Arsenal and wenger do not do but other teams still could.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 am

Lex wrote:So now we're congratulating Sp*rs? Why don't we bend over and let them anally molest us while we're at it. For the love of God, have some pride, folks. When was the last time you saw a Sp*rs board lavish praise and admiration for us?

I beg for a mod to delete this thread, before other die hard Gooners see it and have their day ruined
Please continue, your tears nourish me :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 am

See what I mean, the inferior now believe they're better
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 am

Yes we've been shit this summer, but would this thread have been made if we had not lost to Aston Villa? I doubt it. Kneejerking all around as far as I'm concerned.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:57 am

Eman wrote:Yes we've been shit this summer, but would this thread have been made if we had not lost to Aston Villa? I doubt it. Kneejerking all around as far as I'm concerned.
No, it would of been made the afternoon of September 1st

Spoiler:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am

would be even more fun when this absolutely overrated spuds team fails behind us one again
#MindTheCollapse
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:09 am

Sina wrote:would be even more fun when this absolutely overrated spuds team fails behind us one again
#MindTheCollapse
This would be the best joke on Arsenal fans, nothing better than the irony of false hope. We will raise them up just in time for their inevitable fall.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:16 am

I'm not going to say anything until later in the season tbh. Plenty of time for Spurs to collapse like usual.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

It's like the last 16 years have served as no sort of warning. The cockiness is hilariously embarrassing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am

Eman wrote:Yes we've been shit this summer, but would this thread have been made if we had not lost to Aston Villa? I doubt it. Kneejerking all around as far as I'm concerned.
I agree. Before the game against Aston Villa everyone was saying that we hadn't lost key players, the players will continue to improve with each other, better chemistry. We beat Man City, it's just pre-season but it's a good sign. All of a sudden we lose 3-1 to Aston Villa with 10 men and we're in a crisis. I think some Arsenal fans are just going along with what the media is saying. Although i'll admit that at current time we don't stand a chance of winning EPL and 4th place is far from certain.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:24 am

MJGunner wrote:It's like the last 16 years have served as no sort of warning. The cockiness is hilariously embarrassing.
Thumbs up
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:32 am

Can we lock this thread.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next