Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar?

+26
Zealous
futbol
Ganso
RealGunner
LeSwagg James
halamadrid2
Mamad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Gil
zigra
jibers
flameas
The_Badger
Onyx
urbaNRoots
Gemini
sportsczy
The Sanchez
billy_gr
Art Morte
lszanto
aleumdance
Kick
Collblanc
Beautiful Football
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 am

Depends how Real Madrid will lineup... I'd like to see:

GK
Defence
Khedira
Modric Isco
di Maria Ronaldo Bale

This team would beast in all levels. I'm not sure Ronaldo would like to play like this but with Bale moving centrally during the game, it becomes a 4222 anyway, in which formation Ronaldo wouldn't have a problem to play, I believe.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar?

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 am

I'd definitely take Messi and Neymar over Ronaldo and Bale.

I don't think Bale will do as well he did at Spurs. He'll probably score around 9-10 goals.

I can see Neymar scoring around 20 by the end of the season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:38 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Depends how Real Madrid will lineup... I'd like to see:

GK
Defence
Khedira
Modric Isco
di Maria Ronaldo Bale

This team would beast in all levels. I'm not sure Ronaldo would like to play like this but with Bale moving centrally during the game, it becomes a 4222 anyway, in which formation Ronaldo wouldn't have a problem to play, I believe.
Ronaldo will flop hard at CF.He is not good in tight space not that great dribbler either.He will be surrounded by multiple defender.And finally his linkup play is not that good.Only positive he is beast in the air.if other team park the bus what Ronaldo gonna do? Does he even play one-two with his team mate?

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:41 am

in difficult games

Carlo should use a STRICT counter attack tactic

Bale will Blow Shite up
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 am

Benzema will most likely start ahead of Di Maria.

In terms of sitting back and counter-attacking, I don't think that will happen. We're just not a side that sits back. Ancelotti wants to play possession.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:45 am

I think Bale has more to prove given his price tag.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:46 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Benzema will most likely start ahead of Di Maria.

In terms of sitting back and counter-attacking, I don't think that will happen. We're just not a side that sits back. Ancelotti wants to play possession.

Then whats the point of buying Bale? Bale clearly is not for possession based game.Or most expensive player ever will warm the bench.Does not make sense.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am

Perez is the one who got him. He wanted the latest hyped player even though we didn't need him. Apparently another reason is because he missed out on Neymar and Barca got him.

Ancelotti didn't want Bale, he was happy with the squad.

Anyway it's possible to play possession:

--------------DM
---------Modric---Isco
-----Bale------------Ronaldo
------------Benzema

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Benzema will most likely start ahead of Di Maria.

if you play possession then you would shut down 50% of Bale
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:59 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Perez is the one who got him. He wanted the latest hyped player even though we didn't need him. Apparently another reason is because he missed out on Neymar and Barca got him.

Ancelotti didn't want Bale, he was happy with the squad.

Anyway it's possible to play possession:

--------------DM
---------Modric---Isco
-----Bale------------Ronaldo
------------Benzema
Bale never played in RW/RAM.If Madrid playing possession game how he is going to work i don't know.He is not great at assisting either.Not to mention his massive price tag will always be huge burden imo.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

Yeh he's not a RW, but I guess that's the only place he can play.

He can't play in the LW area because Ronaldo is there and AM there's Isco.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:09 am

Bale will do fine. If he could run past anybody in EPL then he will do that again in La Liga. Especially on the counter.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:27 am

According to heatmaps, Bale spent over 25% of his time playing RW at Spurs last year... he played all over the pitch actually. 40% in the middle and 35% at LW.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 am

sportsczy wrote:According to heatmaps, Bale spent over 25% of his time playing RW at Spurs last year... he played all over the pitch actually.  40% in the middle and 35% at LW.
How he did in 25% time at RW? .How many goals he scored from that position?

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 am

Bale had a free role though. I think there's a difference between purely playing on one flank and being on the flank due to having a free role.

Bale's best position would something like:

-----Di Maria----------Ronaldo
---------------Bale
--------------Benzema

However that won't happen.

Maybe Isco in Di Maria's place?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
Ronaldo will flop hard in CF.He is not good in tight space not that great dribbler either.He will be surrounded by multiple defender.And finally his linkup play is not that good.Only positive he is beast in the air.if other team park the bus what Ronaldo gonna do? Does he even play one-two with his team mate?
You're not serious, right? This is Ronaldo we're talking about not some kind of a scrub... if Mario Gomez can bang in goals there without dribbling, poor link-up and being poor in tight spaces then so can Ronaldo. He almost plays centrally either way with Benzema dropping deep or going wide so why is it a problem now? He won't be static and just stay there, he'll move all the time, swap position with Bale and other players. This is not Barcelona, Real will still rape teams on the counter despite all the "possession" talk.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:59 am

Ronaldo apparently doesn't like playing as the lone striker. He does kinda play centrally, however he's playing off another striker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Beautiful football did you watch any spurs game? Bale started off as a rw in a few games and that is where he scored most of his long range goals by cutting in.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm

I know he doesn't like it, I mentioned that in my first post. That doesn't mean he can't do it, he just needs to be convinced by the coach that he can be just as good or even better in that role.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Messi would outshine all 3 of them combined. Boring.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 pm

I agree on the cf thing. If ancelotti wants Madrid to play patient football Ronaldo will suffer. Hell even Pellegrini had to curtail to Ronaldo and play lightning counters, thats when he can work as a cf. But back then teams had a go at Madrid. If teams park the bus he could be very ineffective
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:09 pm

zigra wrote:Messi would outshine all 3 of them combined. Boring.
Not sure about the three of them combined but Messi will still be better tll of them tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 pm

It's amazing how some of you are under rating Bale. Stop pretending he's some scrub because of his exhorbitant price tag. He's a World Class player.

Anyway one thing is certain, Madrid will have the deadliest attack in transition in years.

Bale is nowhere near the finish product too. His development has been on an upward curve every single year, who knows what his ceiling is and now he has Ronaldo to take the pressure off him.

Despite the Ozil sale Madrid have actually improved this summer, more so than Barca. Isco can actually last the full 90 and can defend unlike Ozil despite the latter being the superior player. At the end of the day it's all about balance.

Illaramendi, Carvajal, Bale, Isco and Casmeiro are all excellent signings for the present and future as well as already being in  the upper echelon of their respective positions. They also put a lot of faith in their cantera which Madridstras and football purists have been begging them to do, who knows maybe Jese or Morata could be the next Raul/Guti.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 pm

lets be honest Gil

to get the best of Bale you need a Counter formation,
if you play possession footie, you are limiting his powers
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Carlo does counter. But he doesn't force the counter if it's not there... the idea is to go if there's an opportunity and build up if there's no advantage.

We've played a lot of counter attacks this year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 pm

jibers wrote:Beautiful football did you watch any spurs game? Bale started off as a rw in a few games and that is where he scored most of his long range goals by cutting in.
Yes i did.I Doubt he will do same in Madrid.In spurs he had license to shot from everywhere. In Madrid Ronaldo is the man.You just cannot have two player shooting from everywhere.it does not work like that.From what i have seen bale is not really a good finisher, who can cut inside and finish his chance like Messi did in few years back. .Anyway we will see.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next