Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar?

+26
Zealous
futbol
Ganso
RealGunner
LeSwagg James
halamadrid2
Mamad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Gil
zigra
jibers
flameas
The_Badger
Onyx
urbaNRoots
Gemini
sportsczy
The Sanchez
billy_gr
Art Morte
lszanto
aleumdance
Kick
Collblanc
Beautiful Football
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar?

Post by Ganso Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:36 pm

difficult to compare Messi and CR this season considering Messi has been playing more as a 10 than false 9 to accommodate Neymar and Suarez.

Messi is by far a better footballer than CR imo, but so far this season I think CR has been superior.dude already scored 3 hattricks if I'm correct

Last edited by Ganso on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar?

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah they're playing better than our guys as a whole right now but 1 season > 2 months..

Collblanc was trying to slip one under the rug there

Individually though Messi and Neymar are superior, as pure footballers..

Last edited by LeSwagg James on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:38 pm

'By far' when talking about Messi and Ronaldo is a term not used correctly.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Gil wrote:It's amazing how some of you are under rating Bale. Stop pretending he's some scrub because of his exhorbitant price tag. He's a World Class player.

Anyway one thing is certain, Madrid will have the deadliest attack in transition in years.

Bale is nowhere near the finish product too. His development has been on an upward curve every single year, who knows what his ceiling is and now he has Ronaldo to take the pressure off him.

Despite the Ozil sale Madrid have actually improved this summer, more so than Barca. Isco can actually last the full 90 and can defend unlike Ozil despite the latter being the superior player. At the end of the day it's all about balance.

Illaramendi, Carvajal, Bale, Isco and Casmeiro are all excellent signings for the present and future as well as already being in  the upper echelon of their respective positions. They also put a lot of faith in their cantera which Madridstras and football purists have been begging them to do, who knows maybe Jese or Morata could be the next Raul/Guti.

:bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Ronaldo-Bale is not a partnership. You have one guy on the left running into space to take shots at goal and another on the right doing the same. If they are lucky the most they are "combining" together is via crosses to the far post. So different with Messi-Nerman who are actively looking for and playing through each other.

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 Op2cK2N

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 3pYrDNf

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 MxdONuw

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 9du7Yuu

(could post a whole dozen more but the page will take ages to load then)

So if we're comparing in terms of partnership it's no contest. Both Messi and Nerman are far superior linkup players. If it's about individual performances that can be discussed of course.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:59 pm

lol what is this poverty analysis.

So far all of Bale's assists this season (5) have been to CR rofl :bow:

Also CR is the best pure footballer on the planet imo. There is nothing on the football pitch he couldn't realistically do if he wanted to. The only thing stopping him is probably himself with regards to what sort of goals he has set for himself this season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:15 pm

And what's wrong about what I said?

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 1blTIYF

Do you think Bale and Ronaldo will out shine Messi and Neymar? - Page 3 RbfVNhu

Superb linkup play. So Bale is capable of sending crosses towards the far post. Well done. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:28 pm

lol that barca arrogance, it it's not through balls and tiki taka it's crap link up play rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:54 pm

lol dat Yanited fan standards, if it's a complete poverty goal it's still celebrated like Brazil's Carlos Alberto 1970 wondergoal given the recent standards at Old Trafford. rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:15 pm

in a CL position :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:45 pm

What's wrong with exploiting the advantages you have over other teams though? hmm

If Bale can deliver crosses with more venom than a balck Mamba from that registered lethal weapon of a left foot and CR can jump like MJ at the end of Space Jam then it would be silly, nay, irresponsible to not take advantage of that.

Just because it's not link up as you imagine it doesn't mean it's not link up lol, in the second gif you posted it even shows that CR tells Bale where he wants the ball after which Bale delivers it inch perfect.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:05 pm

There is nothing "wrong" with it and I don't think I said it's not link up or that Madrid shouldn't play in that fashion. But let's also not pretend that Bale crossing balls into the box marks some sort of special partnership between Bale and Ronaldo. 2 players playing in the final third will inevitably link up one way or another, especially when collectively scoring 150+ goals in a season in all competitions. The question is not "if" but "how" and Ronaldo-Bale certainly doesn't stand out in that respect if Bale's crossing is the standout attribute of that "partnership".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Fußball wrote:There is nothing "wrong" with it and I don't think I said it's not link up or that Madrid shouldn't play in that fashion. But let's also not pretend that Bale crossing balls into the box marks some sort of special partnership between Bale and Ronaldo. 2 players playing in the final third will inevitably link up one way or another, especially when collectively scoring 150+ goals in a season in all competitions. The question is not "if" but "how" and Ronaldo-Bale certainly doesn't stand out in that respect if Bale's crossing is the standout attribute of that "partnership".

I get what you're trying to say but it seems you are adding a subjective element when there really is no need for it.

CR and Bale have combined for a lot of goals since last season. It's happened enough times for it to be a legit thing at least.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Well, this thread compares whether Messi + Nerman or Ronaldo + Bale is the better partnership so you can't ask to not bring in a subjective element into it when describing a highly subjective matter like football partnerships. lol And my opinion is that the linkup of Ronaldo and Bale is quite limited (which doesn't automatically mean they don't combine at all). Bale either sends in a high cross or low cross across the box for Ronaldo to tap in. That's about it. In the other direction almost nothing happens. According to my quick research Ronaldo assisted Bale exactly 1 time the entire 13/14 season in all comps. With Messi and Neymar you get all kind of linkups. Throughballs, over the top balls, crosses, one-twos, diving to earn the other a penalty etc. Which is obviously what you would expect with Messi being a #10 and Ronaldo and Bale being shoot on sight wingers / wing forwards.

Just concede defeat and admit Nermessi >> Balenaldo so I can concentrate on writing this chick instead of having this discussion with you, pls. Neutral

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Fußball wrote:Well, this thread compares whether Messi + Nerman or Ronaldo + Bale is the better partnership so you can't ask to not bring in a subjective element into it when describing a highly subjective matter like football partnerships. lol And my opinion is that the linkup of Ronaldo and Bale is quite limited (which doesn't automatically mean they don't combine at all). Bale either sends in a high cross or low cross across the box for Ronaldo to tap in. That's about it. In the other direction almost nothing happens. According to my quick research Ronaldo assisted Bale exactly 1 time the entire 13/14 season in all comps. With Messi and Neymar you get all kind of linkups. Throughballs, over the top balls, crosses, one-twos, diving to earn the other a penalty etc. Which is obviously what you would expect with Messi being a #10 and Ronaldo and Bale being shoot on sight wingers / wing forwards.

Just concede defeat and admit Nermessi >> Balenaldo so I can concentrate on writing this chick instead of having this discussion with you, pls. Neutral

First of all, fear the man who has mastered one technique more than the man who knows 100. There is no denying the ruthlessness of the Balenaldo 1-2 punch simply based on how unstoppable they are in quick lateral movement, like I said if they can abuse that as a way to combine and score then they will.

Secondly, poor finishing has affected Ronaldo's assist numbers over the past year. He should have at least three times as many as he has now simply based on poor finishing alone Bale included.

And finally, discussing stuff with me will probably be better than anything a 3/10 can offer you Sad
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:47 pm

I think what Fuball is trying to say is that a winger winger partnership isn't really comparable to a
10 / 9 partnership
messi / neymar most likely have double the number of passes to each other then bale / ronaldo have..
so to compare a partnership is a bit difficult, and only really being compared because of the names not really position.

now a messi/neymar vs benzema/ronaldo would be more suitable
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Zealous wrote:

And finally, discussing stuff with me will probably be better than anything a 3/10 can offer you Sad

Why? Do you have a sister? :coffee: Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Fußball wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Why? Do you have a sister? :coffee: Proud

You have me mistaken for Sepi Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:19 pm

i think ronaldo-benzema vs messi-neymar is a better comparison....the ronaldo-bale combination is limited mainly to status than a partnership, considering they both play opposite wings. ronaldo and benz are most likely to combine with one another, than ronaldo and bale.... even though ron and bale do have goals assisted by one another
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Fußball wrote:Just concede defeat and admit Nermessi >> Balenaldo so I can concentrate on writing this chick instead of having this discussion with you, pls. Neutral

Balenaldo actually won trophies, Nermehssi won shit basically.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Donuts wrote:I think what Fuball is trying to say is that a winger winger partnership isn't really comparable to a
10 / 9 partnership
messi / neymar most likely have double the number of passes to each other then bale / ronaldo have..
so to compare a partnership is a bit difficult, and only really being compared because of the names not really position.

now a messi/neymar vs benzema/ronaldo would be more suitable
^this, i think the better comparision would be messi/neymar vs ronaldo/benzema. As the messi/neymar partnership might be too technically superior for cr7/bale..But the benzema/cr7 partnership is definitely a very exciting one, especially cause i hold benzemas link-up play and technique in high regard. Even up there with neymar and messi.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:15 pm

But if the comparision is about individual quality, the truth is that while messi is undeniably the superior player, i think cr7 is the best player in the world today or, the most inform if you will, and while bale had the better season last year, i think its safe to say that neymar is the far superior footballer to bale bar power and sprinting (not speed per se/quickness). That being said these four players are among the best 7 on their day including suarez, ibra, robben. while neymar, ibra, iniesta, messi, and benzema rounds it off in the top 5 when it comes to flair and technique in my opinion. no disrespect to other players.

Last edited by Bankz on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 am

Bale 10 goals 5 assists (21 games)
Benzema 14 goals 10 assists (22 games)
Cristiano 32 goals 12 assists (23 games)

BBC Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:19 am

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next