Tomwin Lannister
Gil
110 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 2 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by Grooverider Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If you have a midfield like that then you need one a striker who can drop deep and create chances (Benzema) and secondly one who will stretch defences, run in behind and make intelligent movement. ( does this guy exist? )

Higuain? hmm

Mou's greatest crime is that he never played these two guys together. Taylor-made for a striker partnership.
I like and actually rate Higuain, why Real sold him and kept Benz is beyond me

Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If you have a midfield like that then you need one a striker who can drop deep and create chances (Benzema) and secondly one who will stretch defences, run in behind and make intelligent movement. ( does this guy exist? )

I agree you need a fast CF to challenge the back 4 so that there's space in between.  But the problem is that Ribery and Valbuena really don't attack the box hardly ever... they like to either go wide or play in the 10 area.  So Benz dropping deep isn't even possible because there's nobody running past him.

Fastest CF prospects out there are Lacazette, Benzia and Martial.  But they're 2 years away from arriving at least.  In the meantime, i think that you need to pair Pogba with Grenier (injured too) in the middle so you create a threat from that area.  That'll open up space too.

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Grooverider wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Higuain? hmm

Mou's greatest crime is that he never played these two guys together. Taylor-made for a striker partnership.
I like and actually rate Higuain, why Real sold him and kept Benz is beyond me
He outperformed him every year for the past 3 years straight... that's why.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:

I agree you need a fast CF to challenge the back 4 so that there's space in between.  But the problem is that Ribery and Valbuena really don't attack the box hardly ever... they like to either go wide or play in the 10 area.  So Benz dropping deep isn't even possible because there's nobody running past him.

Fastest CF prospects out there are Lacazette, Benzia and Martial.  But they're 2 years away from arriving at least.  In the meantime, i think that you need to pair Pogba with Grenier (injured too) in the middle so you create a thread from that area.  That'll open up space too.
Well i agree with that as well, i have said before that Ribery and Valbuena isn't good for the balance of the team.

Its one or the other, but then the question remains is there anyone to play on the opposite flank to balance it out to allow this to work?

If you have a lack of creativity, its very important there is width in the team and your two strikers can link play and stretch defences.

At least the defence is good...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sissoko/Guilavogui double pivot Laughing They make Khedira look like Pele in the final 1/3.  Since opposition doesn't have to worry about mids being a threat, they just pack the box with 4 defenders and the mids drop into the box too if they have to help wide.  There's just no threat from that mid... when you face that, you need muscle CFs that you rain crosses into.  Of course, Evra and Sagna couldn't cross either Laughing

Giroud missed a sitter and another ball he had to control to go one-on-one at the keeper in the end.  Should have won this.

Even Ribery was average.  They just keyed on the stars and dared that midfield to make a difference.  Happens every freakin time.

Varane, Pogba, Matuidi, Cabaye, Capoue, etc. were all out.  That'll maake a big difference.

But there's no point playing Benz against PTB teams when you're playing 2 DMs yourself lol.

lool WOW how far France have fallen.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:17 pm

You think France have fallen because they rely on the talents of Pogba, Varane, Matuidi, etc.? Matuidi is the guy that recovers every ball tirelessly and nobody talks about... but it allows Ribery to just stay on the attack and not worry about anything. Pogba and Varane are two of the best in the world at their positions. Varane allows Koscielny to be more aggressive and Pogba allows pretty much everything Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Benzema is great. France NT sucks.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Griezmann is almost perfect to play opposite Ribery, but he's suspended for a few more months...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Niang is almost perfect to play opposite Ribery, but he's suspended for a few more months...
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Niang Laughing He's a scoring machine from the wing since joining Milan right?

Kid still can't get his head straight. He thinks he's a superstar talent but he's not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:Niang Laughing He's a scoring machine from the wing since joining Milan right?

Kid still can't get his head straight.  He thinks he's a superstar talent but he's not.
No he's just hitting the post a lot Laughing

Although he has shown glimpses of brilliance, its just that he's too tactically raw at the moment. I'm hoping he can blossom into a star someday
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:i have said it long ago, he should consider retiring from NT because he sucks for them, he is a disgrace. he is wasting everyon's time, and deschamps finally got the balls to bench him
 Of course, you said the same thing about Ribery last summer when he was on 3 years without a goal... and then i remember you laughing at Koscielny starting about a year ago.

I'm sure you'll do a 180 as soon as the wind shifts.  Talent always rises... i never doubt players with great talent who are young and perform well at club.  Midfield play is always important, but even moreso on NT where players aren't used to playing with each other.  Bad midfield = destined to fail.
Ribery still isnt playing better, him winning european player of the year doesnt change that. Koscielny just waiting for a big game to make his traditional mistake.

You can blame midfield all you want, but Benzema himself is playing poorly. somehow today he forgot how to control a ball, his attitudes was terrible, he was walking on the pitch, showing no fight in him whatsoever. He was played with giroud so that he could freely drop deeper and play a 10 role and he hardly could do that. Moussa Sissoko had a better game ffs.

It's probably time he sits on the bench and reconsider whether he really wants to play with that team. I know he sees playing for france like a business decision to play the world cup but it's clearly not working out.

i dont care how talented he is, we all know he is talented, and somehow he plays better with madrid, but playing for france he is a disgrace. All the pogba, matuidi, griezmann, grenier or whatever can play alongside him, it wont get better because his own attitude is dreadful.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:13 am

The first time I saw him was in 07-08 and I thought that he would become the best striker in the world. He has more talent in his toe that Falcao or Cavani in their hole bodies, too bad he's a lazy *bleep*. Can't believe we sold Higuain who runs his socks off every match.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by moutinho98 Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:47 am

flopzema Proud
moutinho98
moutinho98
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:25 am

As usual everything is benzema fault and france will never progress with him on it, even when the whole team sucked and tactics is fail its his fault, the only reason he gets constantly highlighted is cause he plays for madrid Laughing

Hey anyone remember france at WC 2010 yeah no benzema to blame then Laughing, france always had problems with or without benzema

ps poor game from him tho

Last edited by chad4401 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:28 am

the whole team sucks, no doubt about it. But he has been the starting 9 for god knows how long, and he cant score a single goal...against Georgia. it's quite pathetic from a supposed elite player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:the whole team sucks, no doubt about it. But he has been the starting 9 for god knows how long, and he cant score a single goal...against Georgia. it's quite pathetic from a supposed elite player.
Then he should be benched simple, no need for a thread every time he makes a mistake just to bash him, and im sure he is not the only elite striker to go on a goal drought with NT
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:45 am

he isnt elite. all of it is hype.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 am

currently, yes he is the only one to have this kind of drought Laughing, everyone else scores, even rooney
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:05 am

End of the day he wont be the first or the last but hey don't stop the hate
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:23 am

Sport mate, your French bias is off the charts. The way you quickly justified Ozil sale in matter of days and stood up for Benz for I don't know one or two years. For neutral like me it's very simple, Benz did well for Madrid and crap for France. For France NT team sake, I hope he will find his form, his boots or whatever that he's missing come next WC.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 am

jibers wrote:he isnt elite. all of it is hype.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:58 am

jibers wrote:he isnt elite. all of it is hype.
inb4benzscoresmoreclgolsthanallotherelitestrikersexceptmessiandcr
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:12 am

He hasn't scored in 20 hours for France now. That's a goal drought of about 15 games.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:40 am

Along with Benzema not scoring for the last 14 months, France hasn't scored in 6 months. They've been pretty poor, to say the least.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:02 am

Benzema's goal scoring drought is terrible without a doubt, he should be scoring more but I have a bit of a problem with the team selection and tactics.

Ribery cuts in to create, Benzema drops deeper to create, Valbuena cuts in to create... only Giroud is the only one making off the ball runs but is isolated upfront because everyone tries to create for him.

For me Valbuena as good as he is... is simply not needed when you have Ribery and Benzema creating chances. Instead of him France need someone who stretches defences... that makes life much easier for Giroud, Benzema and Ribery. If Remy gets back to his best, I'd play him there.

Then you have the centre midfield, why is no one making runs into the box from midfield? Hopefully Diaby can get himself fit for once, him and Matuidi would make such a great duo, balanced defensively and offensively.

France also needs someone better on the bench... wtf is Gignac doing with the NT Laughing

Likes of Gignac and Gomis shouldn't be close to the national team, in my opinion. How is Gameiro doing with Sevilla? Hopefully some striker steps it up this year and secures a place instead of Gignac or Gomis, Giroud has no competition for his place and Benzema alone upfront is not an option.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next