EarlyPrototype
DeletedUser#1
Mr Nick09
105 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Diego Costa - Page 15 Empty Re: Diego Costa

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 pm

FFS Cavani couldn't even break down an attacking Chelsea when they got shafted 4-1 Laughing

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes

Diego Costa joins Edinson Cavani in the race to succeed Zlatan in the "we've seen him once, he didn't do much, so he's over-rated" stakes.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:03 am

Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:37 am

I did not watch the game but reading the posts, it seems like some people are hating the Costa because he could not score against a Jose Mourinho side that parked the bus?

Why you no hate on Messi or Suarez too?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Kick wrote:He was comparing Costa to other Elite forwards. rofl

Or are Cavani and Falcao not Elite in your books?

Why did he not mention the likes of Zlatan, Rooney, Benzema, RVP who are capable of operating inside the box and outside it. Fraudsta is an overrated one trick pony, take him outside the box he can't do anything because technically is meh yet to some he is an elite forwards worth 60 millions odds  rofl 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Costa's most redeeming quality is that he's a fighter, someone who doesn't let tough times keep him down.

I suspect he will have a say in how semi final with Chelsea turns out.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:01 pm

M99 wrote:I did not watch the game but reading the posts, it seems like some people are hating the Costa because he could not score against a Jose Mourinho side that parked the bus?

Why you no hate on Messi or Suarez too?

When people don't understand football it's just better to keep quiet. Clueless.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Not gonna comment on Messi. But please stop bringing up Suarez's performance to justify complete failure by Costa. "Oh both players didn't score so that means they were equally shit". :facepalm:

Costa was absolutely appalling all game, provided zilch, I remember him touching the ball three times, twice when he tried two idiotic failed bicycle kicks and one header that he should've scored because that's exactly his game but he he decided to hit it against Cahill's face.

Suarez didn't score but he at least played well. Our goal was scored because of his header challenge that allowed Skrtel to tap in. He was denied the most obvious penalty of all time. And he was our main source of attack even though Chelsea players were marking the frak out of him. Plus Suarez had 18 year old academy left back Brad Smith playing as his strike partner because Sturridge and Gerrard were both injured.

GL pulling shit out of their ass since its inception.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Oh give it a rest you clown. Suarez was atrocious all game.

At least Costa looked threatening all match despite playing against a team which were 100% focused on simply not conceding. Suarez, Cavani and Ibra on the other hand played against more attacking Chelsea teams.

Why is technique so incredibly valued btw? It's redundant for a striker when they don't have the mentality to go along with it. Give me "limited" players like Costa over mental midgets like Balotelli or Benzema anyday.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Costa has outperformed Suarez consistently this season. Playing against better teams in the Champions League as well mind you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 pm

That seems a bit harsh. I didn't think that Costa was bad. He didn't stand out as exceptional, but not many players did yesterday.

Though saying that Costa has outperformed Suarez consistently this season is a stretch at best.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 pm

EDIT: double post

Last edited by Zealous on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Zealous wrote:Costa has outperformed Suarez consistently this season. Playing against better teams in the Champions League as well mind you.
Exactly. Suarez hasn't scored against a Top 4 club all season long outside diving for pens. Even flopped badly in both cup competitions this season.

Costa on the other hand is on course of leading Atleti to an improbable & legendary League+CL double.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:28 pm

El Cujo wrote:That seems a bit harsh. I didn't think that Costa was bad. He didn't stand out as exceptional, but not many players did yesterday.

Though saying that Costa has outperformed Suarez consistently this season is a stretch at best.

Why do you say that? Have you watched him play this season week in week out? I have and whenever I have had the chance. His level this season has been very high.

Mind you I think Suarez is the much better player but Costa's season has been better for me.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 pm

LOOOOOL I can't even. Gil, I get, he's always been this clueless. But Costa having a better season than Suarez rofl

If anything you could argue their seasons are equal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Gil wrote:Oh give it a rest you clown. Suarez was atrocious all game.

At least Costa looked threatening all match despite playing against a team which were 100% focused on simply not conceding. Suarez, Cavani and Ibra on the other hand played against more attacking Chelsea teams.

Why is technique so incredibly valued btw? It's redundant for a striker when they don't have the mentality to go along with it. Give me "limited" players like Costa over mental midgets like Balotelli or Benzema anyday.

Which match were you watching? Jesus, if that was a footballer looking threatening all night then I must have delivered a motm performance from my living room.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Gil wrote:Exactly. Suarez hasn't scored against a Top 4 club all season long outside diving for pens. Even flopped badly in both cup competitions this season.

Costa on the other hand is on course of leading Atleti to an improbable & legendary League+CL double.

Laughing 

Zealous wrote:Why do you say that? Have you watched him play this season week in week out? I have and whenever I have had the chance. His level this season has been very high.

Mind you I think Suarez is the much better player but Costa's season has been better for me.

I have not watched him play week in and week out, no, but given Suarez's level of play this season week in and week out Costa would have to be playing consistently at Ronaldo and Messi levels to have been outperforming him consistently this season. Have you watched Suarez week in and week out this season? I have, and even in games when he's not scoring or assisting he's very, very good. He is always giving 100%, drawing the attention of the defenders and creating a ton of chances and space for others to score. I've seen enough of Costa and Suarez this season to be very confident that Suarez has been consistently better.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:37 pm

McAgger wrote:LOOOOOL I can't even. Gil, I get, he's always been this clueless. But Costa having a better season than Suarez rofl

Better might not be the word I suppose but I think Costa has taken his team to higher heights. Considering Atletico are facing two European Monsters in Madrid and Barcelona and are in the cl semis as well, I would say that he is performing at a more optimum level. All of it is irrelevant if neither one of the teams win trophies. I just think what Costa is driving Atletico to is more impressive than Liverpool. That's just me. Again it's too hard to judge till the end of the season. If Atletico win la liga then I would say Costa has been the most decisive player in la Liga, more decisive than Suarez has been for Liverpool. Again my opinion as there is no real way to measure this. I use the word effective rather than Better because it is clear Suarez is a better footballer.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:44 pm

So Suarez can have all the excuses (whether it be legit or not) as to why he didn't "perform" against Chelsea yet Costa flopped outright?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:45 pm

McAgger wrote:LOOOOOL I can't even. Gil, I get, he's always been this clueless. But Costa having a better season than Suarez rofl

lol Suarez plays in a weaker league and only has to play on weekends. Costa has done it consistently in La Liga (the best league in the world) and the Champions League (7 goals in 7 games).

Laugh all you want his season is every bit as good as Suarez's and I'd say it has been better.

El Cujo wrote:I have not watched him play week in and week out, no, but given Suarez's level of play this season week in and week out Costa would have to be playing consistently at Ronaldo and Messi levels to have been outperforming him consistently this season. Have you watched Suarez week in and week out this season? I have, and even in games when he's not scoring or assisting he's very, very good. He is always giving 100%, drawing the attention of the defenders and creating a ton of chances and space for others to score. I've seen enough of Costa and Suarez this season to be very confident that Suarez has been consistently better.

Same can be said for Costa. Suarez isn't the only player in the world who runs for his team mates.

Anyway I don't think Costa will sustain this level, like I said I consider Suarez the better player over all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:46 pm

I mean even if you look at just the statistical output, which is not the greatest, you get Suarez with a goal every 99 minutes, an assist every 124 minutes and a goal or an assist every 55 minutes. Costa has a goal every 95 minutes, an assist every 650 minutes and a goal or an assist every 83 minutes. That of course doesn't take into account that Suarez has not taken a single penalty all year and 5 of Costa's goals are from the spot.

Statistics alone show that Suarez has been more than 60% more effective in creating a goal for his team than Costa has. That doesn't factor other things in such as work rate, and the number of penalties drawn (Suarez has drawn at least 5 penalties this year).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

@ jibs

See if he puts it that way, I might even be inclined to agree. I also think what Atletico are doing is more impressive than what we're doing. However, for Costa to be more decisive than Suarez, he'd have to be more effective than Messi/CR. Because that's exactly what Suarez is this season. If you can argue that case for Costa then it's almost as good as fact.

But from what I've seen of Costa, statistically he's as decisive as you say, however performance wise he's very lacking. He reminds me of Torres back in the day who would go missing for 89 minutes and pop up with a moment of brilliance to grab a winning goal. And that for me is the tipping point. It's like ranking someone like Huntelaar in Schalke surge to the semis a couple of season back where he scored 50 goals as the most impressive player in Europe (had Messi and Ronaldo were having a slower year). He was very decisive and important in getting his team wins but it was mostly just goals. That's what Costa is for me until he proves otherwise.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Goals/assists are irrelevant here. Costa has been far more decisive for Atletico than Suarez has for Liverpool this season.

Suarez plays in a far more attacking system, with better players, weaker League and with a weeks preparation before games.

Costa is still nearly as prolific despite playing in a "defensive team", journeymen as teammates, tougher League and with CL games to prepare for.

Diego Costa is on the verge of leading Atleti (who are on a miniscule budget) over two teams who have won 65% of the League's Championships to a League + CL double. Suarez on the other hand plays for the most successful team in England.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:00 pm

McAgger wrote:@ jibs

See if he puts it that way, I might even be inclined to agree. I also think what Atletico are doing is more impressive than what we're doing. However, for Costa to be more decisive than Suarez, he'd have to be more effective than Messi/CR. Because that's exactly what Suarez is this season. If you can argue that case for Costa then it's almost as good as fact.

But from what I've seen of Costa, statistically he's as decisive as you say, however performance wise he's very lacking. He reminds me of Torres back in the day who would go missing for 89 minutes and pop up with a moment of brilliance to grab a winning goal. And that for me is the tipping point. It's like ranking someone like Huntelaar in Schalke surge to the semis a couple of season back where he scored 50 goals as the most impressive player in Europe (had Messi and Ronaldo were having a slower year). He was very decisive and important in getting his team wins but it was mostly just goals. That's what Costa is for me until he proves otherwise.

But noone argued that Costa was anything was other than goals. The way Atletico are set up, he is doing what needs to be done. Noone is saying that he is the best player in the world, but he has been the stand out striker for me this season. And yes I think he has been more effective, but then we have to take into account the way the teams plays and other variables. Again all this pointless, football is about the clocks not the cogs. This whole player x is better than player y is pointless. They don't even play in the same leagues against the same opposition so comparisons are just trivial. Good striker performing in a very performance driven team.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Gil wrote:Goals/assists are irrelevant here. Costa has been far more decisive for Atletico than Suarez has for Liverpool this season.

Suarez plays in a far more attacking system, with better players, weaker League and with a weeks preparation before games.

Costa is still nearly as prolific despite playing in a "defensive team", journeymen as teammates, tougher League and with CL games to prepare for.

Diego Costa is on the verge of leading Atleti (who are on a miniscule budget) over two teams who have won 65% of the League's Championships to a League + CL double. Suarez on the other hand plays for the most successful team in England.

Laughing

I guess we'll ignore that the EPL is a deeper league, with more money being spent at the top and that there are a few players on Atletico you could argue have been just as good as Costa this seaseon (Godin, Tiago, Koke, Gabi).

I know you're mad about Liverpool's success this year, but the whole 'most successful team in England' after coming of 5 straight years of mediocrity and finishing 7th last year is amusing. Do you think that anyone really buys in to your narrative?

I'll tell you this...Suarez is going to win the PotY in the EPL and will be in contention for the Ballon D'Or; Costa will not come close to either awards in his respective league.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Gil wrote:Goals/assists are irrelevant here. Costa has been far more decisive for Atletico than Suarez has for Liverpool this season.

Do you realize you contradict yourself there  Laughing  "Goals are irrelevant mate, but Costa is more decisive because he scores goals" Laughing

Also it's impossibly, absolutely impossible to measure how decisive player X has been for his team than players Y has been for his team. You could bring up statistic of how many goals/assists of their clubs total they contributed to, but it won't nearly show the overall contribution each player brings to their teams. For me this is where Suarez has been better than Costa. Outside of goals Costa brings fairly little else. You might have a different opinion. And this is where it's impossible, it's all subjective like Jibs said, so please don't force it down our throats as fact.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next