andiii
MaraVilla
Forza
Kick
Grooverider
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Nations Boycott Qatar 2022? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Nations Boycott Qatar 2022?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:26 am

aleumdance wrote:
la bestia negra wrote:yea they should also boycott russia and brazil
those were legit votes/

Brazil's FA president had to resign amongst corruption accusations and Russia is, well, Russia. Sure they didn't bribe anyone Laughing

Anyone that doesn't think that any WC was obtained without some level of bribery is either incredibly naive or smoking something good.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Should Nations Boycott Qatar 2022? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Nations Boycott Qatar 2022?

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:30 am

Nothing wrong with having a WC in the winter, if that's the reason is should be boycotted?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
la bestia negra wrote:yea they should also boycott russia and brazil
those were legit votes/

Brazil's FA president had to resign amongst corruption accusations and Russia is, well, Russia. Sure they didn't bribe anyone Laughing

Anyone that doesn't think that any WC was obtained without some level of bribery is either incredibly naive or smoking something good.
Brazil's ex-FA president corruption dates back to late 90 while receiving Bribes

this sport is watched by Beautiful Hearts but controlled by Gangstas
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Blatter is a tool, but it should be pointed out that he didn't vote in favor of Qatar. He voted for the United States.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Djcomplain Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:57 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Djcomplain wrote:yea yea yeah cry more english people
i guess you were hibernated when Qatar bought delegates to vote for them
Yup everyone except Qatar dont bought the vote Very Happy

Djcomplain
Djcomplain
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:32 pm

I dont think they will have to.

The Tv companies said they paid for a summer broadcast not a winter broadcast, will the 600mil tv deal win out over the Qatar bribes should be the thread title.
I don't think American TV companies will let the 2022 World Cup get moved to winter, American Football (NFL) is played during the Winter and would interfere with the World Cup.

Then you have the German and English FA bitching and moaning about it as well.

On the other hand blatter is throwing a tempertantrum about a World Cup 9 years away, who can predict world events that far in advance ?

Will a winter 2022 World Cup help MLS and liga MX etc who's season ends in December, who knows but it will be interesting.

My personal opinion on the situation is they won the bid making promises about building stadiums that would allow them to play it in the summer. If they can't host is in the summer than a new host should be found even if it is just Qatar bidding asking for the World Cup in the winter. At least in that case the voters will actually agree with what they voted on.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:29 pm

I Have Mono wrote:The Tv companies said they paid for a summer broadcast not a winter broadcast, will the 600mil tv deal win out over the Qatar bribes should be the thread title.
I don't think American TV companies will let the 2022 World Cup get moved to winter, American Football (NFL) is played during the Winter and would interfere with the World Cup.

Then you have the German and English FA bitching and moaning about it as well.
Actually the Olympic Sports guys are not happy either as a Winter World Cup would clash with the Winter Olympics. And as you mentioned Germany - we are taking winter sports pretty serious here (just like quite a couple of other nations), so that could be a lever against a Football Winter World Cup, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:34 am

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/video/2013/sep/25/qatar-migrant-workers-world-cup-host-video

This is the lowest of the low
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 am

Sad 

i want nations to boycott 2022 en masse

disgusting animals treating people like this, shame on them Mad 
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 am

Yes it should be, their original bid was a lie.. You shouldn't be able to switch up like that
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 am

It might be nice, however its a complete pipe dream.

A newspaper here estimated that if Mexico doesn't qualify for Brazil, the sponsors stand to lose 1 billion fracking dollars, just for one nation.

Can you imagine the shitstorm companies would raise if nations tried to boycott?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:29 am

They could have it in Syria right now and nations/players will still participate.

Regardless of anyone's feelings, the world cup is the world cup. That's not gonna change. No sane country/player will boycott it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:They could have it in Syria right now and nations/players will still participate.

Regardless of anyone's feelings, the world cup is the world cup. That's not gonna change. No sane country/player will boycott it.
Yeahhhh ok... and when it comes to other sports people say that about the Olympics but counties boycott the Olympics all the time and I feel that with Qatar and the World Cup it would become a similar situation.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:44 pm

nations boycott the olympics "all the time." name one major country which has issued a full boycott of the olympics which wasnt because of war.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:59 am

Off the top of my head 65 countries refused to go the the Olympics in 1980 in USSR, I don't know how you want to define "because of a war", but the USSR and the US as well as many of the boycotting nations were never at War, a Cold War isn't a war, rather a Military Standoff. That's why it's a "cold" war because nothing ever happened and the countries Wernt actually at war, so you could say it was boycotted for political reasons, or in your case make a stretch and say it was because a Threat of war.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:29 am

Laughing Laughing Nobody is going to boycott the WC.  And the Wc isn't going to be played in the winter either.  You guys need to remember that the WC in Qatar is in 2022... that's 9 years from now.  Platini is likely going to be the FIFA President then and he is very old school.  

Besides, domed stadiums are all over the place in the US, especially in Texas where it's no cooler than Qatar lol.  Canada has it because it's freakin glacial. It's not really a problem to put retractable roofs/domes + air conditioning in the WC stadiums.  

This is just Blatter trying to keep himself in the newspapers.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:58 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/qatar-airways-airlines-female-employees?s=mobile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:02 am

Motogp69 wrote:Blatter is a tool, but it should be pointed out that he didn't vote in favor of Qatar. He voted for the United States.
We should've got the WC smh. Qatar getting it is some strong bs.

Sport come on texas is not as hot as qatar. I can promise you that.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 am

The former DFB-President Theo Zwanziger calls for an indepth examination and an intervention by the ethical commission of the FIFA.

There have been additional allegations against football clubs from Qatar that foreign football players were neither paid nor allowed to leave the country. Former Moroccan international Abdeslam Ouaddou stated that he was treated as nothing but a slave by the Qatari club he was playing for and wasn't allowed to leave the country when he wanted to rescind his contract after he had not been paid for several months.

Source:
- http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fus_international/newspage_783711.html

The former Moroccan international did absolutely anything he could before agreeing to break his contract. ‘They stopped paying me. When I went to claim my due, no one ever answered. I no longer existed. In vain I asked to meet the Sheikh. In July, I initiated proceedings with FIFA.’

After 90 days without pay, according to the regulations of the International Federation, a player is free to break his contract. But Abdeslam’s troubles had not ended for all that. When FIFA passed on his request to the Federation, which then passed it on to the club, while the player was trying by every means to open the doors of dialogue with his club, while he had not received the smallest amount of money since returning to the club, it was a phone call that left him as groggy as a boxer in his corner after escaping a knock out. ‘To work in Qatar, it is necessary to be sponsored by a Qatari. I was sponsored by a member of my first club, Lekhwiya. It was that person, obviously, who called to tell me I would get my exit visa on one condition only: that I withdraw my complaint to FIFA!’

In Qatar, where sport has become the primary tool for communication, they don’t like trouble. Everything is a question of image. And this Ouaddou who was making a noise, agitating, he was not good for their image. ‘When I started saying that I was going to appeal to the Human Rights League as well, the tone changed. They quickly gave me my exit visa and, last November, I left Qatar.'

'But they gave me this parting message: “We are going to do everything we can to make this business drag on, so that you will be waiting for your money as long as possible. Four or five years minimum, we have a lot of influence with FIFA!” Those people don’t respect anything or anyone.’

‘The Qataris think they can get away with everything, because they think money can buy anything - buildings, shares, beautiful cars - and men. For them, I was nothing but a slave!’

For Ouaddou, the struggle continues. He is fighting for himself and for all the footballers who, he insists, ‘have known exactly the same problems as I. There are many of them. The Qataris showed me no respect and I can never forgive them for it. I know they are powerful, I know that all doors open up before them, I know that money is king, but you don’t treat a man that way without paying a price. I shall never stop denouncing their methods! They wanted to break me, but they didn’t succeed. I’m going to bounce back—or at least I hope to do so. I still want to state my case at the highest level, and I still have the means. No one, not even the Qataris, is going to steal my life!’
Source: http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2246
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:25 am

if you think thats bad imagine he was an ordinary worker not working for a huge foreign company
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:09 am

la bestia negra wrote:if you think thats bad imagine he was an ordinary worker not working for a huge foreign company
But I guess the problems of football players will be of more interest to the FIFA than those of normal workers ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:05 pm

rwo power wrote:
la bestia negra wrote:if you think thats bad imagine he was an ordinary worker not working for a huge foreign company
But I guess the problems of football players will be of more interest to the FIFA than those of normal workers ^^
fifa dosent care about anything
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 am

sportsczy wrote:Laughing Laughing Nobody is going to boycott the WC.  And the Wc isn't going to be played in the winter either.  You guys need to remember that the WC in Qatar is in 2022... that's 9 years from now.  Platini is likely going to be the FIFA President then and he is very old school.  

Besides, domed stadiums are all over the place in the US, especially in Texas where it's no cooler than Qatar lol.  Canada has it because it's freakin glacial.  It's not really a problem to put retractable roofs/domes + air conditioning in the WC stadiums.  

This is just Blatter trying to keep himself in the newspapers.
+1. People are exaggerating. Ex-Pats live and work in Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc - I've been there a few times.. Sure it's insanely hot in summer and you feel like you have just showered under sweat after walking a few blocks down the street - but all the hotels/malls etc are well air conditioned - there will be plenty of taxis or air conditioned buses etc - the facilities will no doubt be fantastic and to be honest, if you stay indoors/at the beach all will be well in the world.

I think a lot of the backlash from people is their distaste for the middle-east (yes I am being serious) - people are talking about corruption? Yeah cos there isn't any corruption in South Africa, Brazil or Russia.. Is there?

But hey if you are more concerned about people breaking sweat before entering their rooftop pool in their fancy hotel over a country with a homicide rate that puts Iraq to shame then that's your prerogative. (Also don't get me wrong - I am not bothered by Brazil getting the W.C and I'm sure it'll be safe in most areas- I am in fact going and am well keen - Just making the point that people are oddly selective when it comes to morality)

Last edited by Peccadillo on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Grooverider wrote:one could argue that the CL has over taken the WC
LOL!
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:38 pm

animal.crackers wrote:
LOL!
Many fans put the club they support and watch before national teams, and remain indifferent if they win or lose.

Club > country.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Grooverider wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:
LOL!
Many fans put the club they support and watch before national teams, and remain indifferent if they win or lose.

Club > country.
Let me tell you something CL doesn't even touch the World Cup, and it ain't even close.

In 99% of the world, people don't have top clubs, they have the world cup.

When the World Cup comes on, people that aren't obsessed about footy enough to go on a forum about it, want to act like that's the only subject to talk about. Non footy fans are footy fans again over night.

The world cup is fricking GRAND. The Champions League is just a "little competition" that a bunch of people in Planet Earth don't even know about.

But ask them about the World Cup, and even the non football fans will know, and will probably watch it.

715.1 million people - give or take, one in ten people alive at the time - watched the last showpiece final. If that doesn't make you chill at how a frickin SPORT can bring humanity together, I don't know what will.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next