Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand?

+7
guest7
drakefyre
BeautifulGame
S
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Red Alert
Great Leader Sprucenuce
11 posters

Go down

Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand? Empty Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:30 pm

top 10 IMO. It's not all about achievements....introducing other gems to the game and influencing the game also vital. Pretty damn underrated

Back to top Go down

Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand? Empty Re: Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:30 pm

1st.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand? Empty Re: Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand?

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Class player, but not top 10 manager.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 pm

A secure top 25 I'd say, quite probably higher.

Last edited by :{Mr.Mustachio! on Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:36 pm

this thread..inspired by mole's avatar i assume..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

forgive my ignorance but how exactly he influenced the game as a manager?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:this thread..inspired by mole's avatar ??

Sir Bobby inspires everyone Thumbs up

As for him management achievements go he was incredibly unlucky to not win a league title at Newcastle and win the world cup for England.

And without him Mourinho and AVB would'nt even exist in Football among many others....

R9 might never have been the player he was without Sir Bobby finding him....

I could go on and on all day long but the man deserves everyones respect oh yh and btw SAF would of retired in 2002 if it was'nt for Sir Bobby to convince him to stay on Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:42 pm

forgive my ignorance but how exactly he influenced the game as a manager?
Would like an article about his managerial career dont know much about his managerial career apart from his NUFC career.Was he great at Barca too?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:45 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:forgive my ignorance but how exactly he influenced the game as a manager?
Would like an article about his managerial career dont know much about his managerial career apart from his NUFC career.Was he great at Barca too?

3 trophys at Barca in one season, managed R9 to his greatest ever season, was voted european manager of the year.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:37 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:forgive my ignorance but how exactly he influenced the game as a manager?

was in charge of the English NT at 86 and 90 ,knocked out by the eventual champions on both occassions,
knocked out in 86 by the Maradona goals ,
lost in the semi-finals to Germany in 90 .

took charge of PSV , won titles with them .

took charge of Porto who were in a really bad state and led them back to the top .

and all this pre-Barcelona .

Edit : also an FA cup and and UEFA cup with Ipswich before he managed the NT.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm

drakefyre wrote:

was in charge of the English NT at 86 and 90 ,knocked out by the eventual champions on both occassions,
knocked out in 86 by the Maradona goals ,
lost in the semi-finals to Germany in 90 .

took charge of PSV , won titles with them .

took charge of Porto who were in a really bad state and led them back to the top .

and all this pre-Barcelona .

Edit : also an FA cup and and UEFA cup with Ipswich before he managed the NT.

Thank you mate +1 Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Sir Bobby was the reason Mourinho became a manager today.

Enough said.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Sir Bobby is a legend! As a Newcastle fan i'm not ashamed to say that I shed a tear the day he died.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:39 pm

aford92 wrote:Sir Bobby is a legend! As a Newcastle fan i'm not ashamed to say that I shed a tear the day he died.

You weren't the only one.

Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand? Terry-venables-sir-alex-ferguson-paul-gascoigne-brendan-foster-gary-lineker-bryan-robson-507735787
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:43 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:
aford92 wrote:Sir Bobby is a legend! As a Newcastle fan i'm not ashamed to say that I shed a tear the day he died.

You weren't the only one.

Speaking of All Time Great managers...Where does Sir Bobby stand? Terry-venables-sir-alex-ferguson-paul-gascoigne-brendan-foster-gary-lineker-bryan-robson-507735787

Yeah, he had an impact on an amazing amount of people. Will always be missed.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:44 pm

One word.
Legend.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:45 pm

I still cry when his name is mentioned, considering i have met him and a conversion about football and life with him it was almost like seeing a friend pass away.

Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I still cry when his name is mentioned, considering i have met him and a conversion about football and life with him it was almost like seeing a friend pass away.

Sad

Wow, I wish I could have met him, what an honour.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 pm

All time great.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down