El Chelsea Fuerte
LeBéninois
fatman123
DeletedUser#1
urbaNRoots
41 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If De Bruyne does not leave Chelsea in January - Page 2 Empty Re: If De Bruyne does not leave Chelsea in January

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Red Alert wrote:Willian is the inferior player, not too sure what Chelsea did there.

Anyway, Willian is basically Torres (big money deal for player who isn't very good/past it yet hogs the game time; although to his credit Torres has done well under Mou so far), and De Bruyne is Sturridge (young, promising, needs game time). De Bruyne should join Liverpool. :coffee:
Willian has came in and shown himself to better than De Bruyne(who had an entire preseason to impress Mou), and Mata(who was loved by the fans).

Willian is miles ahead of De Bruyne, and miles ahead of what Chelsea were fielding last year(Benayoun and Marin). In fact, you should be happy Willian came. It allowed Chelsea to send you guys your pub star Moses, and that should be enough to see a great 6th place finish.

Back to top Go down

If De Bruyne does not leave Chelsea in January - Page 2 Empty Re: If De Bruyne does not leave Chelsea in January

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Red Alert wrote:Willian is the inferior player, not too sure what Chelsea did there.

Anyway, Willian is basically Torres...
Having a good day today, Red?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Did you just compare Willian to Torres?

Wat?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Isn't it more ambitious to fight to play consistently at a top team than to automatically start for a midtable team?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Fighting for your place is one thing

But not many people have a small army of highly rated people playing in the same position for the same club they are

It's mad to expect players to be happy under those circumstances, unless they're just happy to collect a cheque.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Sure, but I wouldn't say he has no ambition if he chooses to stay.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:30 pm

No me neither, but it could be seen as a lack of ambition.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:47 pm

De Bruyne is a fantastic talent. Would love to have him at Arsenal but Chelsea will sell him abroad 90%. Most likely Bundesliga.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:De Bruyne is a fantastic talent. Would love to have him at Arsenal but Chelsea will sell him abroad 90%. Most likely Bundesliga.
McEachran would have also benefited at Arsenal.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:30 am

Kick wrote:KDB won't join Liverpool, Chelsea won't allow it. I could see him going to Dortmund though.

Also, we're yet to see the best of Willian and he has played better than KDB when they've played this season.

And you're Willian/ Torres comment is laughable.

Schurrle has done well so I don't know why you're calling him a flop.
You completely Torres'd the point Sad (wasn't calling him a flop, quite the other way around)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 am

Laughing

My bad, completely missed the point. Schurrle has done well, Willian has shown glimpses of his ability and KDB has been inconsistant.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Isn't it more ambitious to fight to play consistently at a top team than to automatically start for a midtable team?
thats what I said but apparently not
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:21 pm

What fighting?

He's played 10 minutes in the league and CL since Willian was signed. His Chelsea career is done, he has as much to fight for as Bendtner has for Arsenal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Swanhends wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Isn't it more ambitious to fight to play consistently at a top team than to automatically start for a midtable team?

What fight ? a fight like the one Jonathan dos santos is in ? or fighting like Kagawa ??

lol , KDB better leave Asap, he's simply losing time.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:06 pm

A great talent, but at this stage how many XIs would he walk into?

He needs to stay where he is and prove to Mou that he's better than the competition around him. For me, that's ambition.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:12 pm

McLewis wrote:A great talent, but at this stage how many XIs would he walk into?

He needs to stay where he is and prove to Mou that he's better than the competition around him. For me, that's ambition.

if he stays he's going to be used as much as Kalou was for instance AT BEST.

He isn't the kind of players Mourinho prefers nor an established player so it's not like he's going to play .

Mourinho doens't trust those so called talent-potential loll .

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Bénin wrote:
McLewis wrote:A great talent, but at this stage how many XIs would he walk into?

if he stays he's going to be used as much as Kalou was for instance AT BEST.

He isn't the kind of players Mourinho prefers nor an established player so it's not like he's going to play .

Mourinho doens't trust those so called talent-potential loll .

Then in keeping with any ambition he has, he should move on to a team as good as if not better than Chelsea.

I've seen Dortmund thrown around quite a bit regarding him. They meet the above criteria as far as I'm concerned so it would be quite the ambitious move.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:45 pm

People are still pretending Mou is the reason for his underwhelming performances so far?

In a squad such as this he simply hasn't taken advantage of the chances he's gotten. You guys do know he started the season as a starter right?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Gil wrote:People are still pretending Mou is the reason for his underwhelming performances so far?

In a squad such as this he simply hasn't taken advantage of the chances he's gotten. You guys do know he started the season as a starter right?
Are you telling us that the 22 yo De Bruyne, just moving into the pressure cooker that is chelsea, has not performed like a world class player week in and week out? good lord i am shocked Laughing

young players dont dominate everyweek, they suck, a lot actually, but you have to persist with them so that they get better. I am almost certain he had dreadful games at Werder, but no one watch them so who cares. On Youtube however, he never missed a pass, and always scored beauties... How dare he is not doing the same everygame? Laughing

Having 6 attacking mids all under 25 on roster, with top level potential is the dumbest thing i have seen in a while.

Should have gone to Dortmund with a manager that actually has a plan growing and developing players long term.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Read what I said again you clown ( Wink).

Of course Chelsea isn't a particularly great developing ground for a player like De Bruyne. I just don't see how it's Mourinho's fault there's a ton of competition at the club. Which is exactly what the theme of this thread is unsurprisingly about.

5 of the 6 of the 3 that play behind the striker were already at the club before his arrival. The Willian signing was an obvious f**k you to Spurs after the Modric debacle.

If anyone's to blame it's that clown Emenalo. Mourinho isn't and has never been a fan of huge squads.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:14 pm

read what i said, u clown. if you want to sign young players, make room for them. they are going to play badly, but you need to persist with them otherwise there is no point.

only Oscar, Hazard and Mata were already at the club. schurrle, de bruyne and willian are new. such unnecessary signings. looking at the way things are going, De Bruyne and Mata will be gone by next summer. Heck, could be the winter for both.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Gil wrote:People are still pretending Mou is the reason for his underwhelming performances so far?

Funny thing is when he started the first game, he was undoubtedly the best player on the pitch that game.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 pm

lenear1030 wrote:

Funny thing is when he started the first game, he was undoubtedly the best player on the pitch that game.

He was good that first half. Lets not act like he didnt turn terrible in the second half before he was subbed though.

He didnt even get off the bench today vs Japan. This is probably the wakeup call that will have him asking for a loan for January. Mertens wants that spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 am

Kick wrote:KDB won't join Liverpool, Chelsea won't allow it. I could see him going to Dortmund though.

Also, we're yet to see the best of Willian and he has played better than KDB when they've played this season.

And you're Willian/ Torres comment is laughable.

Schurrle has done well so I don't know why you're calling him a flop.
Willian's got more game time out of the two, so obviously he has more time to show what qualities he has. And he's not getting more game time because of credit, he's getting the game time because of the transfer fee he wears around his neck. Willian is dead right average. And that's not me being bitter he plays for Chelsea. I've stated the same thing time and time again the moment Liverpool were pondering the move for him. You'll see it soon, he's all flair with no end product.

I've stated nothing about Schurrle? I actually rate him. Decent player, another that needs more time but probably won't see it.

If Sturridge was given more game time, he would of impressed. Instead he wasn't given that time. Torres was bought. Torres then went 20 something games before scoring his first goal. Why wasn't Sturridge played ahead of him? Torres was obviously playing out of form / playing under a lot of pressure which was hindering his game. 50 million reasons why Sturridge couldn't get a game in. I'm sure there's a thread in the Chelsea section where you actually mock Torres and want him sold as well.

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:

Anyway, Willian is basically Torres...
Having a good day today, Red?
It's fine thanks, how are you?

Betty La Fea wrote:

Anyway, Willian is basically Torres (big money deal for player who isn't very good/past it yet hogs the game time; although to his credit Torres has done well under Mou so far), and De Bruyne is Sturridge (young, promising, needs game time). De Bruyne should join Liverpool. :coffee:
Willian has came in and shown himself to better than De Bruyne(who had an entire preseason to impress Mou), and Mata(who was loved by the fans).

Willian is miles ahead of De Bruyne, and miles ahead of what Chelsea were fielding last year(Benayoun and Marin). In fact, you should be happy Willian came. It allowed Chelsea to send you guys your pub star Moses, and that should be enough to see a great 6th place finish.
The only way I'd be "happy" is if Liverpool got KDB out of this. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:40 am

Swanhends wrote:
It's not even about ambition. It's about decision-making. He can stay at Chelsea and warm the bench or he can move to a team which might be lesser than Chelsea, but where he will get game-time to develop, which is also crucial considering his participation at the World Cup next year - he needs the game-time at club level to secure his spot in the Belgian national team. Furthermore, if he puts in a good performance at the World Cup, it will undoubtedly launch him much higher than the "heights" (or should I say "depths") of Chelsea's bench.

The other idea that is implicit in the "be ambitious by staying" argument is that the player is actually in the coach's consideration. And the obvious counter to that is "if not, he should force his way into the coach's consideration". This "force your way in to the team" idea is so frequently trotted out by commentators and pundits it is what I would consider a football cliché. However, the reality is that it is easier said than done. It might very well be impossible to get time if the coach feels the player is too young, doesn't have the build to play at the top level, or isn't suited to the system or formation, etc, etc. Point being, that there is a very valid argument for why a young player would want to escape such a situation, if that is indeed the case, and it should not be labelled as a cop out.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:03 am

http://gfycat.com/FlusteredEnragedAmazontreeboa
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next