Chiellini: 'Conte is a psychologist'

Go down

Chiellini: 'Conte is a psychologist' Empty Chiellini: 'Conte is a psychologist'

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Giorgio Chiellini reveals the greatest strength Antonio Conte has as a Coach is “the psychological aspect.”

The defender spoke to Tuttosport about his time in Turin under the double Scudetto-winning tactician.

“I think the psychological aspect is the most difficult for a Coach, but that is where Conte excels. He evaluates everything based on moments, people and needs. At times all it takes is a glance, at others a speech. He doesn’t need to send messages just with words.

“I didn’t think he’d be able to change us so much and so quickly. I went through the ‘dark years’ of finishing in seventh place, which were much worse than Calciopoli and being demoted to Serie B.

“To get right back up and in fact win the title unbeaten will always remain in the history of Juventus. It was unique and special.

“Now the challenge is even tougher, as we can become the first post-War Juventus side to win three Scudetti in a row.

“This is now the strongest squad of the Conte era, as we raised the bar with new signings and our overall growth over time. Now we have to prove that on the field.”

However, the Bianconeri have been shakier at the back than in recent years and Chiellini hit back at criticism.

“When things go well, the defence seems to be an iron curtain, but when they go badly the blame all falls to us back there. I simply believe in the first part of the season the team was a little rusty and that leads to conceding goals.

“In any case, other than the incredible blackout in Florence, we had an almost perfect march.”

Juve had been leading that game 2-0 before capitulating 4-2 to Fiorentina in the final 20 minutes.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down