Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell

+4
Art Morte
DeletedUser#1
ExtremistEnigma
Helmer
8 posters

Go down

Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell  Empty Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:03 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-sack-academy-pair-6326258

Shocked Shocked
Liverpool FC have sacked Academy director Frank McParland and Academy technical director Rodolfo Borrell.

The ECHO understands the duo were both informed of the club's decision to relieve them of their duties yesterday.

The departure of two such highly-respected and established figures from Liverpool's Kirkby base represents a major shock.

Both McParland and Borrell had earned praise for helping to kick-start the conveyor belt of talent from Kirkby to Melwood in recent years.

LFC academy director Frank McParland LFC academy director Frank McParland

No fewer than seven Academy youngsters made their first team debuts last season with Jordon Ibe following in the footsteps of Suso, Andre Wisdom, Adam Morgan, Samed Yesil, Jerome Sinclair and Conor Coady.

The likes of Martin Kelly, Raheem Sterling, Jon Flanagan and Jack Robinson have also progressed to the senior set-up under their guidance.

McParland, who had previously served Liverpool as chief scout, was appointed Academy director by Rafa Benitez in the summer of 2009. Two years later he was given the added responsibility of overseeing the running of the reserve team.

Rodolfo Borrell Rodolfo Borrell

Borrell also arrived at Kirkby in 2009 as he began working with the under-18s and then the under-21s before taking up the role of technical director a year ago.

The popular Spaniard boasted an impressive CV having spent 13 years with La Liga giants Barcelona where he helped develop the likes of Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique and Cesc Fabregas.

Liverpool FC today declined to comment on the sackings and it's not yet clear whether replacements have already been lined up.
Is Brendon next? affraid what was the need to do it right now :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell  Empty Re: Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:57 pm

wtf why? What wrong did these guys do?

While they're at it, sack Ayre too who has done much worse.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell  Empty Re: Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm

just waiting for BR's conference...rumours are that he got an offer from some other club

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:21 pm

They backstabbed the club by negotiating with Man City behind the scenes.

John Henry has no mercy anymore :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Either Sepi's info is true or then our owners just weren't happy with our Academy. We also have a bunch of failed or looking-to-be-failure youth players in which we have invested relatively much.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:44 pm

or probably both the reasons are true

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:16 pm

HOLY SHITE, the shock when you wake up to this Shocked

If what Sepps saying is true then I'm glad I guess. Henry :bow: However these guys were top notch, our academy was finally looking special. Hopefully they can hire someone with a strong CV pull. I'm pretty sure Borrell was the main reason we were getting most of our talented Spaniards.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Anyways, i think the guys did their job to bring the Academy so far so now it was time to move to the next level. Although there were some visible signs of improvement, there was not so impressive enough stuff. So now as I think, i m nt sad or disappointed at all. We just need to being the right men in now, that will be very important to continue from here

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:54 am

Inglethorpe to step up I think.

Not too sure if it was FSGs or Rodgers' sacking, but Rodgers seems to have a lot of control at the club. Don't think that's a good thing, to be honest. Not for himself or for Liverpool. Suspect 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 am

Red Alert wrote:Inglethorpe to step up I think.

Not too sure if it was FSGs or Rodgers' sacking, but Rodgers seems to have a lot of control at the club. Don't think that's a good thing, to be honest. Not for himself or for Liverpool. Suspect 
:facepalm:

Last edited by Fahim89 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 am

Natalie Portman wrote:They backstabbed the club by negotiating with Man City behind the scenes.

John Henry has no mercy anymore :bow:
Are you sure it's Man City?

I thought they were going to America to promote 'soccer' in the states???

There's also rumours that all the coaches aren't happy as they're given more of a work load and are upset with Rodgers. ???

This is only on reddit, and I'd take with a pinch of salt but this is the other "rumour" going around.

A coach (ElevenReds as on Reddit, not sure of name in real life but he's someone that works at Liverpool) posted this in the Liverpool section on reddit.

right just finished for the day, got in at 7 got told we had a meeting at 8:30 with Phil Roscoe and Alex. In the meeting we were told that both Frank and Borrell had been let go on wednesday and we were told for the next few weeks while Rodgers and the other management sorts out replacements we're going to be sharing extended duties. Whats I thought was crazy is that they (or Frank) will STILL be coming in and helping with his own phasing out but were not to interact with him.. There were one or two coaches that put in complaints and protests in the meeting but im sure others put in complaints throughout the day.. the big dogs are all in a *bleep* mood though as a result, i get the vibe that they arent happy with the decision or with the extra workload dumped on them and on top of it they have everybody moaning at them about the extra work as crazy as this may sound....I feel like this is Brendan making a power play, Frank and Borrell have largely agreed with BR's input but they have always maintained control of the academy and players and influenced their development to their own accord and to be fair have had good success. BR is a very smart manager but wants and needs to control everything to get exactly what he wants (in a good way) I feel that there have been a few times when Frank and Borrell have fought with him on ideas and this sacking now allows him to bring more of his own people in and take the academy and player development in the direction he wants.

Last edited by Red Alert on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:11 am

Was that ElevenReds? He's been named before (although I don't remember where), former academy player that got injured and never made it, now works as a trainer at the club. He's verified and his name is attached to the account, should be able to find it without too much digging.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:15 am

Elevenreds wrote that, yes. I'll edit that now.

He also wrote this:

Was in the offices ALL day and haven't heard a single thing about this...so unless whatever happened off site this is news to me, thinking about it now i haven't seen him since Tuesday

I would call him right now but it's 2am and the last thing I want to do is wake him up over an internet rumor.. not sure who else would be awake at this time I could call but it makes ZERO sense to just let them go.. also making me a little bit nervous because they are my bosses but I'm in the office from 7am tomorrow (5 hours?) so I'll see if i can update everybody IF anything has gone down
Another user (just a random reddit user I assume?) then quoted him by saying

They're gone pal, an american team have been scouting rodolfo and teasing him with wads of cash, he even had some americans in his office. That being said its not 100% he will be heading there, all i can say is - Man Shitty potential. < 3
which ElevenReds then replied with

don't know if this is related but I've mentioned this before to a few others on this sub that like 4/5 months back I was approached and asked if I had any interest in moving out to the US to coach full time as a first team coach in a newly forming team.

the deal was RIDICULOUSLY generous.. like 3-4x the amount im earning here and included all travel expenses covered and perks all paid for but I turned it down because I could lose my job for talking to them and moving country just like that was too much of a commitment (and im happy here)

but like i said could be unrelated and no truth to this being true yet, wont be able to sleep tonight though..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: New York City FC
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:21 am

Fahim89 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Inglethorpe to step up I think.

:facepalm:
What's with the facepalm?

Giving ANYBODY (let alone a still some what, inexperienced manager) full control of a football club has the potential to be suicidal.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts completely etc.

Rafael Benitez struggled to control the full club at Liverpool in recent years for us.

Wenger's done it at Arsenal, but he's gone how long without winning a trophy.

Mourinho's done it too, but look at how the clubs were affected after he left.

SAF is probably the biggest success story, but Moyes is hardly lighting up the world with his football post Ferguson. That goes down to him being an incompetent manager or him not being able to work in an environment post Ferguson. Or maybe a bit of both.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 am

this particular stuff: 'control' over the transfer, youth academy, coaching seem to be so dangerous in long term if not handled properly. So I like FSG's initial thinking that they wanted a DoF because no one is sure how long any manger like BR will stick around

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Actually it could be very dangerous. Say Rodgers doesn't work out and we have to get rid of him, then we have to start from scratch all over again if every facet of the club is controlled by him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:36 pm

either we have got another BS, SAF or we are going to go deep down from where we will go nowhere but down

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Borrell has joined Man City as a Technical Director.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-appoint-former-liverpool-6808269
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down