the xcx
Kaladin
RedOranje
30 posters

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Destiny - Page 3 Empty Re: Destiny

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Xbox, though I plan on getting a PS4 sometime in the near future. We could make a GoalLegacy Clan in Destiny and slay fools.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:29 am

I don't remember posting in this thread  hmm 
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:44 pm

You didn't, I moved the Destiny discussion from the General Thread into an already existing thread specifically for the game... because folks are too lazy to look at the second page.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Got two legendary hand cannons.... Please bungie let beta progress carry over
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Almost certain they've already stated that characters will be wiped. Only the badge for playing on Saturday will carry over.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm

On another note, is anyone in here playing on PS4 and hasn't been invited to the group on these forums?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:36 am

I kept all my best gear in a vault just in case they carry over to the main game. I don't mind losing it since I'll get it all back within a few hours anyway, but I won't turn down the chance we get a head start if it does carry over Laughing
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 am

Can't wait for this game. Can't wait to pickup a ps4 ffs.

RG & Tom u better be ready come september ffs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:49 pm

If we can have a GL Destiny Clan with Tom, Mt, Versacci and Thimmy then we will easily ruin other teams Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Me and Thimmy were one of the best teams ever on MW2 SnD. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:If we can have a GL Destiny Clan with Tom, Mt, Versacci and Thimmy then we will easily ruin other teams Laughing

not including me must mean you've seen me play lately hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Me and Thimmy were one of the best teams ever on MW2 SnD. Proud

pos i was with u two
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:If we can have a GL Destiny Clan with Tom, Mt, Versacci and Thimmy then we will easily ruin other teams Laughing

not including me must mean you've seen me play lately hmm

Never seen u play FPS G

Only seen the other 4 and they are all insane FPS players lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Look at this, talking about a clan and the best FPS player on the forum hasn't even been mentioned Laughing
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

PS3/4 only :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm comedic relief tbh, RG hmm
You weren't in TLOU crew? or am I remembering wrong.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:35 pm

nah got it late, never played online
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Looking at my K/D ratio is a bit funny on Bungie's site. You can clearly tell when I tried to play PvP in the Iron Banner matches, because my ratio plummeted.

Jonathan28 wrote:I kept all my best gear in a vault just in case they carry over to the main game. I don't mind losing it since I'll get it all back within a few hours anyway, but I won't turn down the chance we get a head start if it does carry over Laughing
I'm pretty sure they've confirmed complete character wipes. However, pre-orders (for PS3/4) will get early access to the Vanguard merchant.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36236-clan-group-creation
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:25 pm

So for those of you who've played the online now, how does the game 'feel'

Any similarities to previous FPS games in terms of controls/gameplay I.E Cod.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 pm

1 Month ffs. I'm gonna pre order my Destiny Bunde first day of next month. Might pick up a new HD tv aswell imo hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Wonder if swords will be in the final game, since they didn't appear in Beta but were mentioned/teased in earlier developer updates.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:So for those of you who've played the online now, how does the game 'feel'

Any similarities to previous FPS games in terms of controls/gameplay I.E Cod.

The PvP is pretty much the standard fare FPS MP, where if you're seen first you'll die first, but taken to the extreme due to the one-hit super moves classes, some class moves blatantly being better than others and higher level gear still having an effect. The shit is so unbalanced because of that. You won't see Destiny showing up in the competitive scene anytime soon.

The gameplay is much closer to COD than it is to Halo, which is disappointing, but I can tolerate it, since Bungie went out of their way to make sure that Destiny wasn't Halo. But because of that, it's probably the worst gameplay in any Bungie game.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

I've been seen first and I don't die first.
It's about the aim just like halo. You get those headshots and maneuver around your surroundings and you'll be fine.

worst gameplay? You serious.
The entire game was being praised left and right people enjoyed playing this game with comments like "bungie is back" etc Etc

Playing this game I never once got a feeling I was playing COD. I'm really not sure how you did.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 am

Only seen him bashing the game & keep repeating that Titanfall is better.

Basically the console version of Phritz.

Every else i've seen nothing but praise to the game.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:18 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:I've been seen first and I don't die first.
It's about the aim just like halo. You get those headshots and maneuver around your surroundings and you'll be fine.

worst gameplay? You serious.
The entire game was being praised left and right people enjoyed playing this game with comments like "bungie is back" etc Etc

Playing this game I never once got a feeling I was playing COD. I'm really not sure how you did.

Let me detail for you the problems Destiny MP has. Destiny feels very imprecise, I have no idea, when I'm shooting someone, whether or not I'm going to get a headshot. This is in part due to the very random Reach esque bloom on the weapons. And also due to the aiming system. The hip fire reticule is far too large and inaccurate to consistently land headshots at any distance other than close quarters. Then the ads scopes cover where you're aiming with a red dot sight. This is okay for mid range (although good luck getting a headshot after your first shot due to the random recoil / spread) however it makes headshots unnecessarily luck based at long distances.

In Halo, I know when I'm going to get a headshot and when I'm not. I know that when I miss a headshot it's my fault and not due to random spread. The basic gunplay is far more precise than Destiny for this reason and others.

I also feel destiny is quite spammy. Mostly because of the prevalence of full auto weapons which are capable at mid to long range.

Another issue I have which plays into the same problem as above is that you have these traversal mechanisms which initially seem great. However I quickly discovered that you cannot accurately shoot whilst in the air due to bloom/spread! You have no accuracy in the air and as such completely grounds you in firefights. Instead of being able to take advantage of new navigational routes or use vertical movement as a means of dodging / evading fire in a shootout, you are forced to stay attached to you ground. Or else you will be an open target who can't shoot properly. It really helps makes the combat feel dull.

Another problem I have is the lack of any information which tells you how much health your opponents have. In Halo I know that after 4 body shots and a headshot my opponent will be dead. Obviously I've been playing Halo a long time however even the most inexperienced player will know that after a shield pop only one headshot is required to kill the other spartan. It's also easy to identify an unshielded player. In Destiny I have no idea whether this shot or the next will kill the player (I also have no idea whether these shots are guaranteed to be headshots) and there's nothing telling me this info. This really ties in to the problem of making the combat feel spammy and imprecise. In destiny I'm going to keep firing bullets at this guy until he hits the ground. In halo in going to fire 4 into the chest they sweep up for the 5th, then I can move on to his friend.

This also links to the issue that the TTK is far too low. 90% of the time the person who shot first will win. Get into a fight with more than one player? You're basically guaranteed to die unless they suck and can't aim. So few shots are required to die that I feel the majority of my deaths are caused by players I don't even see. Whether they be behind me or off in the distance hiding against the background which in many places makes the players almost indistinguishable from the scenery. In Halo if I'm shot in the back I have the chance to turn around and react. Shooting first at someone from behind is not a guaranteed kill. And as such the skill gap on halo is automatically higher. The low TTK also makes getting kills extremely unsatisfying.

All this combines to make the basic combat unsatisfying and frustrating for me. Then you have all the other issues. One hit guaranteed kills with supers where the opponent has no way of reacting or countering, spawning with one hit kill shotguns and snipers, OP weapons that you can only actually find through blind luck, stupid regenerating grenade mechanics etc.

There's more problems that I can't be bothered to list or go into detail about but that's the majority of them.

TL;DR: Halo is a more precise shooter with a much higher skill ceiling that relies on accuracy and headshots rather than one hit kill golden guns.

TL;DR2: They took all the problems with Halo Reach and removed everything which made it good.

And no, the entire game was NOT praised left and right, the PvE was, and it's good, but I have problems with it too, which I will go into later, but the PvP was widely criticised and rightly so, it's garbage. I would like to know who has said that "Bungie is back", because if by "back" they mean Halo:Reach MP levels, then Destiny is doomed. Also, how you don't see it's more COD than Halo is beyond me. The OHKO melee, the more traditional feeling rifles/shotguns/LMGs and not the plasma/dual-weilding/sticky-nades that's in Halo etc. The only similarity between Destiny and traditional Halo is the developer.

PvE wise, the game isn't really fun solo, something I expected considering the genre, but eh. The AI when you're by yourself is incredibly gamey, with a few instances where I was actually close to dying from enemies that were rushing into me, so I just ran away down the stairs, and they had a very hard limit of what to cross and just stopped, stared at me, and walked away. You can play really passively and exploit this kind of stuff, and the sniper is CRAZY powerful considering they don't really aggro at you and run around like a headless chicken.

Co-op naturally alleviates a lot of this as there's no reason to play so wimpy, but there's still pretty predictable behavior where I can line up a headshot because I know they're going to keep peeking out from the wall, so it's at its best when the game decides to swarm you making it hard to focus on specific threats. The final story mission fight is a lot of fun because of this.

As much as I like the UI it also doesn't explain much. The leveling screen is literally just circles filling up and I don't know what is actually contributing to that. It's hard to notice when I'm picking up ammo, and even loot at times, not to mention the loot itself is fairly sparse. It also seems weird to me compared to other genres that when I downed the spider mech I didn't see loot flying out of its corpse.

Also the way PvP gives out loot is totally dumb, I know it wants to make it so even people who aren't great get some love, but they need to change something about it. Some minor tweaks there for the full game would do a lot of good.

LeVersacci wrote:Only seen him bashing the game & keep repeating that Titanfall is better.

Basically the console version of Phritz.

Every else i've seen nothing but praise to the game.

Bashing the game? Bruv, as primarily an FPS player, I've come to expect certain standards from the games in my favourite genre. You see, unlike fans of certain other genre's, like platforming, stealth, horror etc, I actually have an over abundance of games that I can choose to play, which means that I can easily filter out the garbage. So yes, I will be more stringent on judging the FPS games that I have interest in, because I know if the game does not meet my standards then I can go and play something better, I have no time to be playing shitty FPS games. Mind you, I'm not calling Destiny a shitty FPS, except in regards of it's PvP, I'm talking in more general terms.

The only aspect of Destiny that I ever compare to Titanfall is it's PvP, which is vastly inferior to the product that Respawn have produced, but then, the Respawn team did make COD4, so it's no surprise. The two games cannot be compared otherwise. If you want a game to compare Destiny to then Borderlands and Fallout are your best bets, or even my beloved, but now deceased, Hellgate:London. RIP sweet Prince.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next