Helmer
Red Alert
Art Morte
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chelsea v Liverpool Empty Chelsea v Liverpool

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:15 pm

A couple of days rest and we'll be tested again.

Ramires looks to be suspended, which is great news, he is by far the most energetic of their CMs. Eto'o started today, Torres probably saved to start against us.

If we just can put in the same kind of shift as we did against City, I'm confident we'll play fine in this one. That said, they've got a deeper squad and this festive period is when that counts.

Just avoid defensive lapses and we should be fine. Although in Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill they've got three guys that worry me from set-pieces...

Not a long wait until this one, let's go there and get the job done!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Chelsea v Liverpool Empty Re: Chelsea v Liverpool

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:35 am

Chelsea piss me off so much. They're so average this season, yet manage to pick up points week in week out. So many "bore-fests" I think even Chelsea fans themselves aren't happy with their "special one".

This will be our hardest game of the season. I'll probably get stick saying that after not being outplayed from the title favourites in City at home, but Mourinho's the best tactician in the game. He'll prepare this game as if it's a CL game. Definitely won't be an easy game. Especially given Rodgers is still "new" to the trade. Mourinho will go into the game wanting to frustrate us to get a result.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:12 am

Although I hate Mourinho, but one thing I appreciate about him is his anticipation about tactics from the opposite team. I dont think he is very great tactician but he just does enough to get some result.
I think we will get draw, but we should try to get a win, i wouldnt have said this if we had got at least a point in the last game. A win will relieve pressure for the coming matches and will boost us with extra confidence to set our aims high other than top 4.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:11 am

Pre-match facts:

-Chelsea have lost 3 and won just 1 of their last 5 PL home meetings with the Reds. (D1)

-Luis Suarez scored a second-half equaliser in both PL meetings with Chelsea last season.

-Chelsea have won only two of hteir last 13 PL encounters with Liverpool (W2 D4 L7)

-Five of Chelsea's last 7 PL wins against Liverpool come under Mourinho.

-Liverpool have scored 29 goals in their last 14 trips to London in the PL (2.07 per game)

-Liverpool have conceded a total of only 3 goals in their last 9 end of year games.

-The Reds have scored more goals in 2013 than any other PL side with 83 goals.

-No player has created more goalscoring chances in the PL in 2013-14 than Eden Hazard (46 chances created; joint with Samir Nasri (Man City)).

-Luis Suarez (29 goals in 27 appereances in 2013) needs one more goal to become only the 7th player to reach the 30-goal mark in the calendar year in the PL era.

-Chelsea have never lost a PL home game under Jose Mourinho, but when the original unbeaten run continued after he left Chelsea in 2007, Liverpool were the team who ended it in October 2008. (Alonso scored iirc.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:31 am

http://press.lfc.vn/s14-w19-rodgers-pre-chelsea-press/

Rodgers pre-match presser.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 am

Just a heads up...

Rodgers is expected to get a side-line ban for his comments on the referees in the City game. (1 game ban and a personal fine, 2 games if he appeals and loses.)

If he is to get suspended for the comments, it'll be after the Chelsea game. (Most likely Hull City, step up Pascoe)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:33 am

A touchline ban shouldn't be too bad, actually don't care at all about that.

Game's tomorrow bounce

I've just got this nasty feeling fatigue will hit us in the second half..
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 am

Rodgers has never lost 2 games in a row... hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 am

Chelsea v Liverpool BclygGKCEAASt6I

Watch him score against us now. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 am

I'd be more worried if Ba started instead of Torres, tbh.

Now watch him really score against us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am

Which every striker starts i'm not even fussed, i can see the Torres scoring just cause its us, but the 3 behind the main man are going to be our biggest threats, hazard, schurle and whoever else they start.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 am

For some reason I feel like this game is already won. I hate this feeling, it's a stupid feeling. Mad I love the nerves before matches, it's what makes football so beautiful.

Hopefully we play as good and as hard as we did against City, and Chelsea play their usual shitty game.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 am

Hope not tbh. Would rather Chelsea set up to play football... their "shitty game" is dead boring to watch but *bleep* me it's effective. Won't be no surprise when Mou plays it though. He definitely see's Liverpool as a threat, and will want us to drop points.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:16 am

McAgger wrote:For some reason I feel like this game is already won. I hate this feeling, it's a stupid feeling. Mad I love the nerves before matches, it's what makes football so beautiful.

Hopefully we play as good and as hard as we did against City, and Chelsea play their usual shitty game.

I'm feeling pretty much the same and not liking it, either x)
Not that the game is won, but that it will be much easier than against City and we'll definitely score a couple of goals etc. My hopes are too high considering it's Chelsea in London and they're 7-1-0 at home. But I'm sure the nerves will come by kick-off...

Btw, is it going to be an awkward handshake between Suarez and Ivanovic...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:23 am

How are you guys so confident that we'll be winning today? Mourinho's Chelsea is still undefeated at Stamford Bridge. A draw is more likely.

The key thing today is to not let them score first. They'll get rock solid at the back once they're in lead and just invite pressure and hit on counters. I hope I don't see any excuses that we were the better team and we should've won because that is going to be irrelevant today.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:26 am

99.98% chance of either Terry or Ivanovic scoring from a set piece.

We need to score atleast 2 to win this game.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:How are you guys so confident that we'll be winning today? Mourinho's Chelsea is still undefeated at Stamford Bridge. A draw is more likely.

Because lately we've been playing our best football of the season and better than Chelsea. Also, on paper, City away is tougher than Chelsea away and we played really well at City just the other day.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:32 am

Rodgers could miss the hull game? fffsss

I need to buy friggin binoculars for that game now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 am

Art Morte wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:How are you guys so confident that we'll be winning today? Mourinho's Chelsea is still undefeated at Stamford Bridge. A draw is more likely.

Because lately we've been playing our best football of the season and better than Chelsea. Also, on paper, City away is tougher than Chelsea away and we played really well at City just the other day.

hmm I wonder why

Mourinho's better tactically than Pellegrini.

Mourinho fears Liverpool this season. He'll treat this like a CL game. This will be a tougher test than City.

Anyway, this is off Chelsea's official site.

While Mourinho was in charge of the Blues first time around, Rodgers worked with the youth team, before eventually moving up to look after the reserves, and the Portuguese was full of praise for the man whose side he hopes to overcome.

'Brendan is one of my best friends in football,' said the Chelsea manager. 'Before the game it will be good to be with him, after the game the same. During the game, he does his job, I do my job.

'He is always welcome here, he worked with us for a few years and was always a nice guy, a good professional, so we have a lot of respect.

'He was working with the youth team but I brought him up to train with us a few times, he was always very open with his opinions and interested in the game, so me and my staff like him very much.

'He's at one of the top clubs in England, one of the top clubs in the world, so I think his ambition now is not to go to a big club, because he's already at a big club, his ambition now is to win titles. He's at the club where he wants to be and where he's happy to be.'

After a sustained spell of underachievement, Liverpool, on current form, look set to challenge for the Premier League title for the first time in a number of years, with much of the credit going to Rodgers for the decisions he has made.

Central to their success this season has been the form of Luis Suarez, who has already scored 19 league goals. The Uruguayan looked set to leave Anfield in the summer following a string of negative headlines, but recently put pen to paper on a new five-year contract.

'Every player is different and has his own personality,' said Mourinho. 'There are some players that want to leave and after that it depends on them when they are forced to stay, it depends on whether they want to have their revenge in a negative way by not performing, not being interested or committed.

'But they can also say look at me, I'm a professional and I want to do my work in the proper way, so it depends more on the player's personality.'

The Blues go into today's game having kept two consecutive clean sheets, but Mourinho feels the key to success lies in ensuring we capitalise on opportunities at the other end of the pitch.

'For Chelsea to beat Liverpool we need to score more goals from less chances,' he said. 'Because normally, against a side like Liverpool, you don't create five, six or seven big chances, you get two or three, and you need to score them

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 am

The battle lies in the defence and more specifically Johnson against hazard.
I remember Sunderland against Chelsea in the EPL, Beasley was miserable against hazard, the marking was extremely poor.I keep on asking myself why on earth a defender will be shifting back while marking thus allowing the opponent into his own yard. Fast forward to the COC and someone else replaced Beasley and the defence was okay that hazard wasn't as deadly as he was in the EPL against them. And oh set pieces! We can only hope for the best.
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Red Alert wrote:99.98% chance of either Terry or Ivanovic scoring from a set piece.

We need to score atleast 2 to win this game.
that 0.02% just because of skrtel pulling, grabbing, hassling

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:27 pm

I think it will be double Gleno and Sterling together against Hazard, most likely we will concede from corner or FK, i em expecting a Mourinho surprise by having a little open game than we would have thought, but only little

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:01 pm

LFC v Chelsea: Mignolet, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez

LFC subs v Chelsea: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Cissokho, Rossiter, Smith
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Chelsea : Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry , Azpilicueta; D Luiz, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Agger starting :bow:
Rossiter and Smith :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite