Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

+37
jibers
Saatli
sree999
the xcx
VanDeezNuts
terrance511
Harmonica
Highburied
Donuts
Lupi
lszanto
chad4401
Abramovich
Onyx
FennecFox7
izzy
Nishankly
RealGunner
DuringTheWar
Gil
Doc
futbol
ExtremistEnigma
Smimi25
Kaladin
McAgger
Robespierre
Mr Nick09
harhar11
S
Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Rebaño Sagrado
Ganso
Valkyrja
M99
BarrileteCosmico
41 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Who is the 2nd best player in the world?

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_lcap42%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_lcap31%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_lcap3%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Empty Re: Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by futbol Tue May 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

You call that tap-ins ?

They were great finishes. But my God, you don't call chasing perfectly weighted throughballs by Moutinho into oceans of space behind the defensive line of one of the worst national teams out there in a WC qualifier a "special" performance. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? - Page 7 Empty Re: Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Fußball wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

You call that tap-ins ?

They were great finishes. But my God, you don't call chasing perfectly weighted throughballs by Moutinho into oceans of space behind the defensive line of one of the worst national teams out there in a WC qualifier a "special" performance. Laughing

One question: how many players would have scored that 3 goals ? That perfectly weighted throughballs would have counted for nothing if it wasn't for the perfect timing, perfect first touch at that incredible pace and 3 great finishes. It's different when you play with WC players in each position than when you play with some portuguese scrubs.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Fußball wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

You call that tap-ins ?

One question: how many players would have scored that 3 goals ? That perfectly weighted throughballs would have counted for nothing if it wasn't for the perfect timing, perfect first touch at that incredible pace and 3 great finishes. It's different when you play with WC players in each position than when you play with some portuguese scrubs.

From those passes Moutiho doesn't look like some scrub. So that is the performance that is better than anything Xavi and Iniesta have done? Please elaborate and don't back track. That is exactly what you said.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 20, 2014 7:30 pm

I vote Messi.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 22, 2014 6:08 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Fußball wrote:

From those passes Moutiho doesn't look like some scrub. So that is the performance that is better than anything Xavi and Iniesta have done? Please elaborate and don't back track. That is exactly what you said.

Why I consider Ronaldo better than Iniesta and Xavi ? Because he has the ability to carry the responsibilty to lead the team, to carry it on his shoulders. Iniesta may have better close control, dribbling, passing, is more creative, has better vision, whatever you say. Just take a look at Barca-PSG in 2013. He did nothing. His performance was overlooked because of a great skill he did on Jaillet. Nothing more. Ronaldo has more substance. even if he isn't elegant, he can't do things with the ball that Iniesta does, he is always attacking the goal. Look, Iniesta is one of my favorites players to watch, but Ronaldo's aggresive way of attacking the goal and the ability to carry the team on his shoulders puts him a notch above the spaniard. Like I said before Ronaldo does his job as a forward better than Iniesta does his a mid.

It's just my opinion, not a fact.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Why I consider Ronaldo better than Iniesta and Xavi ? Because he has the ability to carry the responsibilty to lead the team, to carry it on his shoulders. Iniesta may have better close control, dribbling, passing, is more creative, has better vision, whatever you say. Just take a look at Barca-PSG in 2013. He did nothing. His performance was overlooked because of a great skill he did on Jaillet. Nothing more. Ronaldo has more substance. even if he isn't elegant, he can't do things with the ball that Iniesta does, he is always attacking the goal. Look, Iniesta is one of my favorites players to watch, but Ronaldo's aggresive way of attacking the goal and the ability to carry the team on his shoulders puts him a notch above the spaniard. Like I said before Ronaldo does his job as a forward better than Iniesta does his a mid.

Please respond to this

Valkyrja wrote:
Iniesta and Xavi at their best aren't better than Ronaldo. Infact his performance against Sweden is better than anything I've seen from Xavi, Iniesta and Suarez.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 22, 2014 6:12 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:

Please respond to this

Valkyrja wrote:
Iniesta and Xavi at their best aren't better than Ronaldo. Infact his performance against Sweden is better than anything I've seen from Xavi, Iniesta and Suarez.

I want you to respond to this specifically. So Ronaldo's performance against Swedish scrubs is better than anything Xavi and Iniesta has ever done? Please elaborate. I want you to elaborate on that particular comment. Don't beat around the bush. I await your response.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu May 22, 2014 6:29 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:

Please respond to this

Valkyrja wrote:

mainly because of the reaction he had after Zlatan scored 2 goals. Iniesta is more active on the course of the match, but I've never seen him react the way Ronaldo did against Sweden. It's like he was unleashed. Yes, Moutinho's passes were great but like I said before how many players would have had that perfect timing for the run, that perfect touch at that pace and that deadly finish ?

PS: I admire your knowledge, so i'd like to tell me your opinion.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Fußball wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

You call that tap-ins ?

The scorer is just as important as the passes..
Ronaldo was pushed on to his weaker side all 3 times and still scored. He also scored in the first leg
I don't understand why people try to take credit from players when it comes to "finishing". Ronaldo is by far the greatest at getting behind defenses and making genius runs into space. That's why hes the best counter attacking player.. He gets all those 1v1 chances because of his mental edge.

And stop comparing forwards with midfielders. Its mind boggling why jibers and co compare xavi's influence with ronaldos. Well... no shit, look where both of them play. Play xavi as an inside forward and see how it goes. Same with cristiano.

Iniesta vs ronaldo is more logical. They're about at the same level. Iniesta disappears much more on average then ronaldo but he has won alot more. Completely different qualities as players and they pretty much even out.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7