Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

+37
jibers
Saatli
sree999
the xcx
VanDeezNuts
terrance511
Harmonica
Highburied
Donuts
Lupi
lszanto
chad4401
Abramovich
Onyx
FennecFox7
izzy
Nishankly
RealGunner
DuringTheWar
Gil
Doc
futbol
ExtremistEnigma
Smimi25
Kaladin
McAgger
Robespierre
Mr Nick09
harhar11
S
Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Rebaño Sagrado
Ganso
Valkyrja
M99
BarrileteCosmico
41 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who is the 2nd best player in the world?

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_lcap42%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_lcap31%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_lcap12%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_lcap0%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_lcap12%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_lcap3%Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Empty Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:36 pm

His influence has been tremendous this season, has Suarez become the 2nd best, and if he's not, do you think he could in the near future?

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Empty Re: Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by M99 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Where is the Messi option?

someone had to do it
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world? Empty Re: Has Suarez surpassed Cristiano and Ibra to become the 2nd best player in the world?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 pm

So Cristiano is now compared to Neymar, Aguero, Ibra and Suarez  rofl 

PS : 3 of these guys are yet to play CL football and the other is known as a CL flop ffs
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:43 pm

i dont think someone who doesnt even play CL can be considered top 3,let alone surpass CR.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Ganso wrote:i dont think someone who doesnt even play CL can be considered top 3,let alone surpass CR.
Does playing in a different league suddenly make you a better player? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 pm

M99 wrote:Where is the Messi option?

someone had to do it
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Laughing 
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Most of Suarez's goals have been against middle ranked teams in EPL like Norwich. i want to see how he performs against top teams before ranking him alongside proven goalscorers.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Considering that Messi is injured, Suarez might be the 2nd best in the world and Ibra 3rd.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Suarez doesn't come close to Ibra ffs.... Ibra has been performing at this level for close to a decade.

Calm the f*ck down...... i'm not even going to begin to entertain the notion of surpassing Ronaldo lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

This whole surpass CR thing has become such a big joke that people have started to give productivity more weight instead of judging the influence of a certain player in his perfomances.So it would take some serious convincing for people to think Suarez may or can surpass CR in the near future.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Valkyrja wrote:So Cristiano is now compared to Neymar, Aguero, Ibra and Suarez  rofl

PS : 3 of these guys are yet to play CL football and the other is known as a CL flop ffs

Why is Ibra still considered a CL flop?  He has been pretty good in the CL knockouts for a couple of years now. Last season, for example, he got a goal in the first leg and an assist in the 2nd, and was probably PSG best player. He was brilliant against Arsenal a couple of years back, good against us with Milan etc.

S wrote:This whole surpass CR thing has become such a big joke that people have started to give productivity more weight instead of judging the influence of a certain player in his perfomances.So it would take some serious convincing for people to think Suarez may or can surpass CR in the near future.

That's the thing, tho. What makes C.Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world, is his unhumanly productivity rather than his influence throughout a game.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

BC, you know, maybe we should establish two lists, because people tend to assume that the one scoring the most, is the best player. Which is an horrible way of looking at players. While scoring in key matches is important, building up the chances to make that goal can be even harder.

1) the best scorers, the guys that score the most goals, self explanatory

2) the most influencial attackers in footy, those guys who make the difference throughout the game in building up chances for their team, or making things happen (not through rifling the opposing goal with random shots) as opposed to just running into the box to finish it.

It's pretty clear to me that CR will rank very high on the first, but not very high on the second one at all.

Suarez play outside the box is superior to CR's, no doubt about that. Ibra's? No.

Goalscoring wise he has scored about the same in league, but if you account for the goals CR scored in CL vs the likes of Juve, it's missing on Suarez resume for the season.

And there is also the consistency of it, Suarez doesnt have as much as CR and Ibra, not even close. Last year you asked the same about Falcao but he disappeared at Monaco.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Ibra surely.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm

You may say I'm biased or whatever but yes Suarez has surpassed Ronaldo.

CR is a liability to his team, and whoever says otherwise is clueless. Jibers and Nick have argued this to death and they are completely right. Madrid will never win la decima as long as the team is built around him.

The only thing that Ronaldo has on Suarez now is that he's a better tap-in machine, headerer, and penalty taker. That's it. Suarez is a better in everything else, you name it.

Suarez's only fault is that he plays for Liverpool with significantly shittier teammates  Laughing  And I don't know how anyone can blame him for that.

Notice I'm not saying Suarez is the 2nd best player in the world. BUT he is better than Ronaldo.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Pedram wrote:Most of Suarez's goals have been against middle ranked teams in EPL like Norwich. i want to see how he performs against top teams before ranking him alongside proven goalscorers.

PLEASE stop this myth.

You sounds absolutely clueless. Do you know football isn't about stats right?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Also, for what i have seen on the consistency of this season, Ibra is a better footballer than Ronaldo imo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Last year you asked the same about Falcao but he disappeared at Monaco.
Did I? I don't really remember this, but it's not outside the realm of possibility Laughing

It's not how much he's scoring, it's how he's scoring. He's doing that thing where every 3 games or so he does something very special that causes you to drop your jaw. Maybe Cristiano has me used to that kind of thing where I no longer find it surprising, but I find Suarez a much more enjoyable player to watch. He's a better creator than Cristiano and frankly Ibra loses out much in my estimation because he is playing in France, even if both of these are better finishers and more consistent.

For the record, I'm just asking the question, I'm not sure how I feel about this subject yet. But I do know that Suarez is approaching that level.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 pm

harhar11 wrote:That's the thing, tho. What makes C.Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world, is his unhumanly productivity rather than his influence throughout a game.

Ofcourse he is very productive not denying that but there have been a lot of 'irrelevant' goals if you can call it in his goal tally.

So,at some point even if Suarez scores crucial goals in important games and becomes a total impact player like Messi is,people will still be in two minds whether they they think he has surpassed CR because,i dont think his goal-scoring abilities isnt going to disappear suddenly.
Say Suarez scores 35 goals and a handful of assists and becomes a total all-rounder in influencing every game ,while CR on the other hand adds another 50 goals to his tally,people would just go with CR because 'he scores that many'.

If you get what i'm saying.

On a sidenote,Suarez just needs maintain this level for a few seasons atleast,then there's no doubt i would say he's better than CR or i would take him over CR atleast.

Last edited by S on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Bans and injuries didn't hinder Suarez much, so that might partly answer the question to the longevity of playing at a high level.

Also, i don't believe of this notion that Suarez doesn't show up against big teams. True, that he performs slightly better against mid ranked teams, but then who doesn't? Mata mostly flops against better sides yet was touted as one of the world's best last season.

As to the comparison, i believe he's still a bit off from achieving the god-like level of CR and Ibra. Securing a CL spot, can help shorten the distance. Performing leaps and bounds in CL is pivotal, but i think its more of how the player affects those around him that i'll be looking for. Raising the game of those around him will be an extremely important part in my view.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Didnt you make the whole "Is Falcao the 2nd most influencial player in footy after Messi?"

either you or GIl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Didnt you make the whole "Is Falcao the 2nd most influencial player in footy after Messi?"

either you or GIl
Oh yeah, it's coming back to me, but that's because at that point in time he was literally scoring winner after winner after winner for Atleti. I don't think I ever (seriously) claimed that he was a better player than Cristiano.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smimi25 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Also, for what i have seen on the consistency of this season, Ibra is a better footballer than Ronaldo imo

I hate Ronaldo (or used to) and I love Ibra but I really can't see how he has been better, but I haven't watched Ligue 1 that much... Only CL, Monaco-PSG and Sweden-Portugal where I think Ronaldo showed who is better right now

Smimi25
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah.. if he only scores against midtable clubs then why doesn't anyone else have numbers similar to him? Stats aside, one thing people need to be grasp here is the players that he plays along with are garbage.. yet he has been producing exceptional performances week-in, week-out.

Will Ronaldo be as effective in Suarez's place in this Liverpool side? Not a chance. He'll be surrounded with scrubs and won't be as productive as he's at Madrid.
Will Suarez be as effective in Ronaldo's place in this Madrid side? I'm quite certain.

Saying Suarez is not a top 3 player in the world just because he doesn't play in the CL is simply deluded and irrational. It speaks more about the club he plays for rather than him individually.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:14 pm

S wrote:
harhar11 wrote:That's the thing, tho. What makes C.Ronaldo the 2nd best player in the world, is his unhumanly productivity rather than his influence throughout a game.

Ofcourse he is very productive not denying that but there have been a lot of 'irrelevant' goals if you can call it in his goal tally.

So,at some point even if Suarez scores crucial goals in important games and becomes a total impact player like Messi is,people will still be in two minds whether they they think he has surpassed CR because,i dont think his goal-scoring abilities isnt going to disappear suddenly.
Say Suarez scores 35 goals and a handful of assists and becomes a total all-rounder in influencing every game ,while CR on the other hand adds another 50 goals to his tally,people would just go with CR because 'he scores that many'.

If you get what i'm saying.

On a sidenote,Suarez just needs maintain this level for a few seasons atleast,then there's no doubt i would say he's better than CR or i would take him over CR atleast.
spot on sugar, messi ruined football by being so good at everything while scoring so many goals. He also ruined Ronaldo because keeping up with his goal tally is about the only thing Ronaldo cares about on the pitch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next