Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by RedOranje on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:55 am

@Red Alert wrote:


The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

I'll put myself in the realist category, thank you very much.  :coffee: 
Yes, but then your view isn't exactly objective.

You don't complain about the wind; you complain about the sails, or the captain, or the keel, or the rudder... but you definitely complain.  As do we all, at some point.  You just do so more often than most.  Accept it, but please don't embrace it.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Red Alert on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 am

@RedOranje wrote:
@Red Alert wrote:


The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

I'll put myself in the realist category, thank you very much.  :coffee: 
Yes, but then your view isn't exactly objective.

You don't complain about the wind; you complain about the sails, or the captain, or the keel, or the rudder... but you definitely complain.  As do we all, at some point.  You just do so more often than most.  Accept it, but please don't embrace it.

Yes, but when you want to adjust the sails, and the sails aren't being adjusted due to the optimist captain, you have to "complain".  tongue 
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by RedOranje on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:12 am

Except that captain has adjusted the sails, he's simply not adjusted them in the manner you suggested. That's a fairly huge and important difference... especially when you talk about adjusting the sails you then either say that adjustment is either buying new sails or you then say that he should never tack because it doesn't fit your specific wish for sailing.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Red Alert on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:15 am

OH MY GOD RED, LET ME JUST ADJUST THE SAILS

Sad

_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by iftikhar on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 am

This game was the exact opposite of the Athletic vs. Barcelona game. Apart from the Suarez 2nd and Sturridge goals, all had something to do with poor defending. But what pleases me most is we showed (immense) character (if not poise) to get a result.

Don't care how we played or what mistakes we made, there's always the next game to improve on these. But the three points in the bag will remain.

Have you people seen Crouch & Adams play this good in Liverpool shirt!!! OK Villa, bring it on.
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7876
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by RedOranje on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:07 am

@iftikhar wrote:Have you people seen Crouch & Adams play this good in Liverpool shirt!!! OK Villa, bring it on.

Crouch? Yes. His hattrick against Arsenal and double against Besiktas come to mind immediately.

Adam? Lol.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 am

I loved Crouchy when he was with us. He had some brilliant performances for us and scored some beautiful goals, the two bicycle goals come to mind.

Adam Laughing

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Red Alert on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 am

Adam flopped for us, but still think that's harsh.

He did okay whilst playing next to Lucas. He just went DOWNHILLLLLLLLLLLLLL (as did the rest of the team) after he played that holding role.

Crouch was cool. That header against us was unsaveable, really. Perfect header. Made it look like he was going far post, stooged Kolo and Mignolet couldn't react quickly enough although he got close.

Adam did well against us to be fair. Exploited that space in the "hole" because Lucas was too acting/playing as an AM. He really needs to drop back deeper. I don't care if people think he's been "out of form" or "not good enough" but he still does his role for the team. I know it's not all about stats and all that (I hate stats myself) but he has the most intercepts and tackles in this team. And he's not even playing at his highest level...

_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Helmer on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 am

I think we won the yday's game because we gave Stoke the confidence 'yes we can do it, Liverpool are shite today in midfield, we can surely get the third goal, let's go and give everything and win this match'..... and what happened in the end, they over commited themselves and got slaughtered on the counter with the last three goals  smoking 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8538
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Fahim89 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Midfield was bad, defense was bad, weather was bad, Mark Hughes's wife was bad, Crouch's wife is hot. . .

ALL AGREED . . . but at the end of the day what mattered was. . . .

avatar
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Nishankly on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Agreed, I liked winning ugly in the first half. Its something new.
avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15885
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Fahim89 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Rodgers (pre-match talk) : 'Only Norwich City have won at the Britannia this season. Tough game this!'

Luis Suarez only heard Norwich City. (collected)

 rofl rofl rofl rofl 
avatar
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Fahim Laughing

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Not happy with this performance at all.

Yes it may be Brittania and we had never won there before in the history of the Premier League yet our tactics were symbolic.

Our defence continues to be like silly putty as Glen Johnson once again continues his meteoric decline in an average performance in attack and failure to position himself multiple times during the game. Aside from his wonderful chested touch from a Gerrard cross, he has failed to replicate the dynamic and skilled RB that he was and his attitude is even worse. Was awful vs Arnautovic. I yearn for Kelly or anyone else to start over this man, he is not up to the task.

Martin Skrtel, who people fail to see what an average CB he has become, once again was positionally at fault for 2 of the 3 goals and is a disaster waiting to happen. He attempts to defend as if he reads the game (anticipating the attacker, Italian style turn and point) yet he has no vision outside a single attacker. Outside last-ditch situations, he only causes our line to be compromised and further instills why Agger is almost twice the CB that he is.

Toure was at fault for one goal yet remained positionally sound throughout, as this serves testament to what I've seen; an all-round consistent season for him.

Cissokho was awful. No surprise there.


Most interesting point was the Lucas-Gerrard combination in which Lucas was given almost infinite freedom to attack while Gerrard played an almost sweeper role very similar to Leonardo Bonnuci of Juventus. I quite enjoyed Gerrard's attempt to reinvent himself as despite the few odd stray passes he was defensive sound, frequently dropping as the 3rd CB while his overlook vision of the field in his crosses on both sides were excellent. Lucas failed because due to his freedom, he was not attuned to tracking back and as we know, he is offensively non-existent in his technique; which is why I failed to see the point of Lucas in such an unfamiliar role.

Henderson was near anonymous, as expected to be within the return of a dominant Gerrard. He had no idea nor was given a clear idea of his role and was rather disappointing in possession.

Coutinho was influential yet continues to be one of the worst finishers in the final third, somehow finding an uncanny ability to shoot straight at the GK no matter what the angle.

We were completely overrun in the midfield by Stoke, with Charlie Adam pulling the strings for them. Adam choose mostly to occupy the right side in order to cut into his favoured left foot, in essence failing to properly link the midfield to attack for Stoke, yet succeeded in late runs into the box, allowing much space for him to navigate his passes. I feel he had a decent career in Liverpool (first half) yet proved not worthy enough given his Hollywood play. Nevertheless I always liked him for what he can produce and the classy manner in which he left Liverpool. Glad to see him as Stoke's finest player this season.

We won 3-5 yet our continual failure to shut down an average Stoke attack was the bane of our existence. Not only we fell asleep in dire complacency when in the lead yet we cannot be troubled so much by this average team, no matter what stadium we are in.

Our saviour from the reignited partnership of SAS saved our hinds; while fortune was also on our side during the ordeal.

Nice to note what a difference Sturridge makes in our system, providing the direct thrust to lead our line and providing Suarez a near telepathic link to compliment his indirect navigation.

Would opt for Sterling to be dropped to make presence for Sturridge if our attack needs to be sacrificed.

What I am happy about is our reaction to each of the goals yet Stoke's defence was non-existent in talent or tactics.

We must improve ourselves defensively and drop some players who do not deserve to start, namely in the defence.


_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8007
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:09 pm











Raheems penalty decision
Spoiler:

Charlie Adam goal
Spoiler:

Walters goal
Spoiler:

Crouch goal
Spoiler:


Last edited by McAgger on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:07 pm; edited 10 times in total

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Helmer on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:18 pm

that run, control and perfect pass at the right time, was top class from Studge :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8538
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:21 pm


_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Helmer on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 pm

How come Hendo is always the first one to join the celebration when any player scores !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 8538
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Fahim89 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:How come Hendo is always the first one to join the celebration when any player scores !!!

Because he doesn't stop running. . . hasn't yet!!  Thumbs up 
avatar
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Don't call me James on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:29 pm

I couldn't find a higher quality one for Studge's goal Sad

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28119
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Red Alert on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:53 am

McAgger wrote:

http://instagram.com/p/jHRPiLHNdV/#
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Red Alert on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:02 am

@Arquitescu wrote:Not happy with this performance at all.

Yes it may be Brittania and we had never won there before in the history of the Premier League yet our tactics were symbolic.

Our defence continues to be like silly putty as Glen Johnson once again continues his meteoric decline in an average performance in attack and failure to position himself multiple times during the game. Aside from his wonderful chested touch from a Gerrard cross, he has failed to replicate the dynamic and skilled RB that he was and his attitude is even worse. Was awful vs Arnautovic. I yearn for Kelly or anyone else to start over this man, he is not up to the task.

Martin Skrtel, who people fail to see what an average CB he has become, once again was positionally at fault for 2 of the 3 goals and is a disaster waiting to happen. He attempts to defend as if he reads the game (anticipating the attacker, Italian style turn and point) yet he has no vision outside a single attacker. Outside last-ditch situations, he only causes our line to be compromised and further instills why Agger is almost twice the CB that he is.

Toure was at fault for one goal yet remained positionally sound throughout, as this serves testament to what I've seen; an all-round consistent season for him.


Cissokho was awful. No surprise there.


Most interesting point was the Lucas-Gerrard combination in which Lucas was given almost infinite freedom to attack while Gerrard played an almost sweeper role very similar to Leonardo Bonnuci of Juventus. I quite enjoyed Gerrard's attempt to reinvent himself as despite the few odd stray passes he was defensive sound, frequently dropping as the 3rd CB while his overlook vision of the field in his crosses on both sides were excellent. Lucas failed because due to his freedom, he was not attuned to tracking back and as we know, he is offensively non-existent in his technique; which is why I failed to see the point of Lucas in such an unfamiliar role.

Henderson was near anonymous, as expected to be within the return of a dominant Gerrard. He had no idea nor was given a clear idea of his role and was rather disappointing in possession.

Coutinho was influential yet continues to be one of the worst finishers in the final third, somehow finding an uncanny ability to shoot straight at the GK no matter what the angle.

We were completely overrun in the midfield by Stoke,  with Charlie Adam pulling the strings for them. Adam choose mostly to occupy the right side in order to cut into his favoured left foot, in essence failing to properly link the midfield to attack for Stoke, yet succeeded in late runs into the box, allowing much space for him to navigate his passes. I feel he had a decent career in Liverpool (first half) yet proved not worthy enough given his Hollywood play. Nevertheless I always liked him for what he can produce and the classy manner in which he left Liverpool. Glad to see him as Stoke's finest player this season.

We won 3-5 yet our continual failure to shut down an average Stoke attack was the bane of our existence. Not only we fell asleep in dire complacency when in the lead yet we cannot be troubled so much by this average team, no matter what stadium we are in.

Our saviour from the reignited partnership of SAS saved our hinds; while fortune was also on our side during the ordeal.

Nice to note what a difference Sturridge makes in our system, providing the direct thrust to lead our line and providing Suarez a near telepathic link to compliment his indirect navigation.

Would opt for Sterling to be dropped to make presence for Sturridge if our attack needs to be sacrificed.

What I am happy about is our reaction to each of the goals yet Stoke's defence was non-existent in talent or tactics.

We must improve ourselves defensively and drop some players who do not deserve to start, namely in the defence.


I swear to god if I wrote this post, they'd be 1,000 replies calling me a pessimist.  Laughing 

Anyway, I disagree with the parts in bold.

Glen Johnson whilst out of form, is still our best fullback.

And you've mixed it up. Skrtel was at fault for one goal (Adam's) and Kolo was at fault for the other 2.

Also, disappointed to see the constant attacks on Skrtel. They're not true either. Skrtel is pretty much playing as a sweeper type for us, so his job in the team is to do those "last-ditch" tackles. He's having a very similar season in 11/12, where he was voted our best CB and you were praising him week in week out. What happened? Are there any examples of him being a disaster waiting to happen? I'm sure someone's going to bring up the pulling in defence, but the best CB in the league in Kompany does them too. They both have to cut them out, but most of the time the attacker is pulling Skrtel as well. That's why there's no penalties being given.

There is no way Agger is "twice" the better the defender. It's arguable that he's JUST better than him as a defender. Yes, he reads the game better, but he's not that great in the air, loses 1 on 1s regularly, he continuously heads the ball back into dangerous positions, gets dominated when he has to vs anyone with decent power/pace, and has lapses in concentrations on a regularly basis. He's not the same defender as he once was.

Skrtel and Toure have never worked, and I doubt they ever will. Sakho should come back in the next game, so we'll improve defensively.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by DeletedUser#1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:07 am

Sterling >> Cou this past month. Cou should be dropped for DS15 next game

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Red Alert on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 am

I agree Sterling has been better than Cou in the past month, but I'm still sitting on the fence on who gets benched out of the two.

Coutinho is our second best playmaker in the final third after Suarez (Gerrard's playing deeper), but you can't exactly drop Sterling in this form. Luckily for us, it's BR's decisions to make. Razz

_________________
Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
avatar
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Art Morte on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:05 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Sterling >> Cou this past month. Cou should be dropped for DS15 next game

I think I agree that Sterling has been better than Coutinho lately. However, against Stoke one of the biggest problems for us was, imo, that we weren't able to keep the ball in midfield or find our forwards with it. Coutinho offers more in that area.

I would be pretty much ready to give Coutinho a try as CM, not because I think that would be a natural position for him, but because we haven't got many that great CMs for a three-man midfield. We're one short, imo.
avatar
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Arquitescu on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

@Red Alert wrote:
@Arquitescu wrote:Not happy with this performance at all.

Yes it may be Brittania and we had never won there before in the history of the Premier League yet our tactics were symbolic.

Our defence continues to be like silly putty as Glen Johnson once again continues his meteoric decline in an average performance in attack and failure to position himself multiple times during the game. Aside from his wonderful chested touch from a Gerrard cross, he has failed to replicate the dynamic and skilled RB that he was and his attitude is even worse. Was awful vs Arnautovic. I yearn for Kelly or anyone else to start over this man, he is not up to the task.

Martin Skrtel, who people fail to see what an average CB he has become, once again was positionally at fault for 2 of the 3 goals and is a disaster waiting to happen. He attempts to defend as if he reads the game (anticipating the attacker, Italian style turn and point) yet he has no vision outside a single attacker. Outside last-ditch situations, he only causes our line to be compromised and further instills why Agger is almost twice the CB that he is.

Toure was at fault for one goal yet remained positionally sound throughout, as this serves testament to what I've seen; an all-round consistent season for him.


Cissokho was awful. No surprise there.


Most interesting point was the Lucas-Gerrard combination in which Lucas was given almost infinite freedom to attack while Gerrard played an almost sweeper role very similar to Leonardo Bonnuci of Juventus. I quite enjoyed Gerrard's attempt to reinvent himself as despite the few odd stray passes he was defensive sound, frequently dropping as the 3rd CB while his overlook vision of the field in his crosses on both sides were excellent. Lucas failed because due to his freedom, he was not attuned to tracking back and as we know, he is offensively non-existent in his technique; which is why I failed to see the point of Lucas in such an unfamiliar role.

Henderson was near anonymous, as expected to be within the return of a dominant Gerrard. He had no idea nor was given a clear idea of his role and was rather disappointing in possession.

Coutinho was influential yet continues to be one of the worst finishers in the final third, somehow finding an uncanny ability to shoot straight at the GK no matter what the angle.

We were completely overrun in the midfield by Stoke,  with Charlie Adam pulling the strings for them. Adam choose mostly to occupy the right side in order to cut into his favoured left foot, in essence failing to properly link the midfield to attack for Stoke, yet succeeded in late runs into the box, allowing much space for him to navigate his passes. I feel he had a decent career in Liverpool (first half) yet proved not worthy enough given his Hollywood play. Nevertheless I always liked him for what he can produce and the classy manner in which he left Liverpool. Glad to see him as Stoke's finest player this season.

We won 3-5 yet our continual failure to shut down an average Stoke attack was the bane of our existence. Not only we fell asleep in dire complacency when in the lead yet we cannot be troubled so much by this average team, no matter what stadium we are in.

Our saviour from the reignited partnership of SAS saved our hinds; while fortune was also on our side during the ordeal.

Nice to note what a difference Sturridge makes in our system, providing the direct thrust to lead our line and providing Suarez a near telepathic link to compliment his indirect navigation.

Would opt for Sterling to be dropped to make presence for Sturridge if our attack needs to be sacrificed.

What I am happy about is our reaction to each of the goals yet Stoke's defence was non-existent in talent or tactics.

We must improve ourselves defensively and drop some players who do not deserve to start, namely in the defence.


I swear to god if I wrote this post, they'd be 1,000 replies calling me a pessimist.  Laughing 

Anyway, I disagree with the parts in bold.

Glen Johnson whilst out of form, is still our best fullback.

And you've mixed it up. Skrtel was at fault for one goal (Adam's) and Kolo was at fault for the other 2.

Also, disappointed to see the constant attacks on Skrtel. They're not true either. Skrtel is pretty much playing as a sweeper type for us, so his job in the team is to do those "last-ditch" tackles. He's having a very similar season in 11/12, where he was voted our best CB and you were praising him week in week out. What happened? Are there any examples of him being a disaster waiting to happen? I'm sure someone's going to bring up the pulling in defence, but the best CB in the league in Kompany does them too. They both have to cut them out, but most of the time the attacker is pulling Skrtel as well. That's why there's no penalties being given.  

There is no way Agger is "twice" the better the defender. It's arguable that he's JUST better than him as a defender. Yes, he reads the game better, but he's not that great in the air, loses 1 on 1s regularly, he continuously heads the ball back into dangerous positions, gets dominated when he has to vs anyone with decent power/pace, and has lapses in concentrations on a regularly basis. He's not the same defender as he once was.

Skrtel and Toure have never worked, and I doubt they ever will. Sakho should come back in the next game, so we'll improve defensively.

Glen Johnson will be called our best fullback when we don't exactly have much competition in this current injury crisis on that department. He has relinquished literally every facet of his previous game into a slow, cumbersome and ponderous on the ball fullback who screams of liability. He's been out of form for over a a year now, that to me is more like a decline than out of form.

I appreciate Skrtel over Toure because he actually adheres to his role rather than playing a role out of his depth, to which Skrtel has done awfully. I enjoy that Toure is less reactive than Skrtel who is only fit reading one attacker at a time, essentially not screening the attack but sticking on his man. Statistically we are better with Agger as our backline has more composure within precarious moments as well.


Skrtel-Toure? Agree as it will never work, plays like square pegs in round holes.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 8007
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoke City vs Liverpool FC || January 12th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum