Adit
sportsczy
sree999
Gil
McAgger
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Deloitte: Highest Earning Clubs - Page 2 Empty Re: Deloitte: Highest Earning Clubs

Post by S Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:15 am

sportsczy wrote:Yeah... because Man U was such a brand in the 90s.

Ofcourse it was.Always is and will be and bigger than PSG for sure no matter how many stars they buy and sponsorship deals they keep making.They wont ever surpass Man U's brand.

Money attracts money and stars/sexy entertainment attracts fans. That's how you build and maintain a brand. There's nothing to hate. How do you think Madrid, Milan, Juve, etc. created their brands? Because their owners were handsome and the jerseys fashionable??? The owners of those clubs spent big time and outspent everyone.

Those clubs have been successful throughout their history and with a large fan following all over the country.Agnelli's have been controlling Juve for over a century almost.They didnt hit the jackpot overnight you know.

The only problem you and many others that follow clubs with "old world" team owners is that your teams can't compete anymore since the ownership is no longer among the most wealthy. You had no problems when your ownership could outspend anyone.... as Juve did for many years. And, no, it wasn't organically driven by club revenue. Giovanni Agnelli was one of the richest men in the world and spent lavishly to buy players.

No.I have no problem at all with PSG splashing crazy amounts to buy players but within the realms of FFP.I have every reason to be livid here because its literally money being handed to them and not earned.PSG have basically made a mockery of it.Even City havent done a dodgy deal like this.
Also Juve were always Top 3 in the Deloitte money league right from the 90s to the early 2000s.Thats money earned through success,not handed to them.
If FFP were to be introduced in the 90s,i'm sure Italian clubs would've done everything to comply to it.

Well, now the richest people in the world are in the US, Russia, Asia and in certain places of the Middle East. Europe has been slow to adapt to the changes in the world. Doesn't mean Europe won't become the wealthiest again in the future... history is cyclical. Just a fact that people need to deal with.

Thats one way to look at it.Its more to do with foreign owners attracted to the allure of football as it got more and more commercialized,Champions league in particular so they want to have their own toys too now.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Deloitte: Highest Earning Clubs - Page 2 Empty Re: Deloitte: Highest Earning Clubs

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:16 am

There is already a thread about this and a bit more informative.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:26 am

Yeah right Laughing Man U was shat before SAF.  Nobody knew them or cared.

And those clubs invested heavily first and then succeeded to become elite.  I don't need to tell you that Juve were a very, very marginal European team before Agnelli spent a massive amount in the early 80s to basically buy all of Italy NT and then to buy the best players he could fit as part of the time's regulations.  It's in the 80s the Juve became part of the European elite by Agnelli spending his personal monies (he outspent everyone)....

Same with Milan....  Berlusconi just splashed his money like crazy.

Madrid were unofficially getting massive aid by the state in the 40s and 50s and that's how they built their brand:  Outspending everyone to buy players like Di Stefano, Puskas, Kopa, etc.  That's when they became brand.

etc.

Nobody earned it and performed like and elite team before spending like an elite team...  they started spending like the elite, bought the best players and then became elite.

If you think otherwise, you're deluding yourself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:45 am

sportsczy wrote:Nobody earned it and performed like and elite team before spending like an elite team...  they started spending like the elite, bought the best players and then became elite.

Except for Bayern München, who became elite with players like Sepp Maier, Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller etc whom they didn't buy for big money.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 am

Only Madrid can pull off those numbers despite winning shit, amazing club :bow:

City 6th already :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 am

rwo power wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Nobody earned it and performed like and elite team before spending like an elite team...  they started spending like the elite, bought the best players and then became elite.

Except for Bayern München, who became elite with players like Sepp Maier, Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller etc whom they didn't buy for big money.
well said rwo but they are still a little far from THE BRAND (i mean worldwide)...but they are getting there surely, specially in American and Asian continents.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:57 am

rwo power wrote:

Yeah that's an exception... a truly golden generation that was all internally built. But even Man U who had a golden generation bought high priced players early like Cantona, etc.

Back then, you couldn't have many foreign players on a club (i think 3 or 4) so the strength of your NT and the number of NT players you could accumulate played a much bigger role. In today's footy, you need a lot more spending power because there are very few restrictions.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:57 am

Clubs name plays a huge role in becoming an successful brand. Bayern München is just bizarre.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:06 am

Oh, and if you look at Dortmund - they didn't exactly spend like an elite team and still won the Bundesliga twice, the DFB-Pokal once and reached the CL final within the last 3, 4 years.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:15 am

Dortmund is not trying nor will it ever be an international brand... they're just a good team that enjoyed a couple of great years. They're the Atleti or Valencia of Bundi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 am

sportsczy wrote:Dortmund is not trying nor will it ever be an international brand...  they're just a good team that enjoyed a couple of great years.  They're the Atleti or Valencia of Bundi.  
Nonetheless they are currently Nr.11 on the Deloitte list.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:19 am

rwo power wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Dortmund is not trying nor will it ever be an international brand...  they're just a good team that enjoyed a couple of great years.  They're the Atleti or Valencia of Bundi.  
Nonetheless they are currently Nr.11 on the Deloitte list.

Leave him be.Its hard to argue with biased PSG lovers like him.Trying to twist things just to validate his point.

Last edited by S on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:21 am

@S: No matter the content of the above posts of his, I would like to ask you to temper your expressions.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:24 am

Have Atleti or Valencia ever posted figures of ~260m in total revenue ? The answer will obviously be never.

Atleast they are doing things the right way and are still managing to be more successful than Qatar FC thus far.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:25 am

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:26 am

Sports is right regarding about Dortmund. Give him a break, Surag.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 am

Adit wrote:Milan earns almost twice as Atletico yet they cant put a decent team together, how is that even possible.

Now that is depressing.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:06 am

Dortmund, as did Valencia and others, have their revenue go up in their peak years... but they don't invest enough and sell their best players... hence their performance drops invariably and so will their revenue.

They're also not out there trying to market the heck out of their team internationally and create an iconic image of themselves.

The elite teams do everything it takes to become elite and then they do everything they can to sustain it.  As an example, Bayern (since we're talking about Bundi) would never sell their best players to their adversary (Dortmund currently) AND they would buy every player under the sun if they felt that they were not on top of the world...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:12 am

I'm not comparing Atleti or Valencia to PSG or other teams that went for elite status (like Chelsea and City recently for example).  They don't have the financial muscle or ability to do that.  Their business models are to do the best they can with what they have.

And a Juve fan talking about "doing things that right way" given the history of theirs is just loooooooooooooooool.  Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 am

Yes but i dint give up supporting the club unlike you...Ju..i mean Marsei..i mean die-hard QSG fanboy.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:16 am

You're just a bitter little man aren't you Surag Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 am

sportsczy wrote:You're just a bitter little man aren't you Surag Laughing 

Just come out of the closet and reveal you are a PSG fanboy Sports,i would actually stop bothering then.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:19 am

Laughing Never been closet about anything. I always said that PSG becoming elite (as well as any other team in Ligue 1) is good for the league since it needed elite teams. You're the one who can't seem to get that into your little brain for some reason. Oh little S Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 am

sportsczy wrote:Laughing  Never been closet about anything.  I always said that PSG becoming elite (as well as any other team in Ligue 1) is good for the league since it needed elite teams.  You're the one who can't seem to get that into your little brain for some reason.  Oh little S Laughing

Then an OM fan shouldnt get bitter about what i say about PSG.Simple as that.Either this or you genuinely support them but dont want to accept it.You call me little and bitter and all but you arent exactly showing maturity here for your age,just thought i'd put it across.

All that said,lets end this bickering for now.I'm not interested in prolonging it further.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:50 am

I'm not bitter... i'm disagreeing.  You're the one who resorted to name-calling and i just responded in kind.  I take exception to the fact that there was no problem when Italian moguls spent lavishly at Juve, Milan, Inter and Roma...  Chelsea russian billionaire and City sovereign owner go on big spending sprees...  Madrid get massive government subsidies disguised as "loans" in the past... and yet PSG is the evil of all evils when they're just doing what any deep pocket owner does: invest to succeed.

The years of a closed market and a controlled economy are over in football.  It's pure market economics.

Seems to me that you (and others) are upset that, unlike Chelsea and City for example, PSG didn't just spend mindlessly and take a few years to figure it out despite the cash... they actually set up a great business and football model from day 1.  So it's happened fast and it doesn't sit well for some odd reason.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 am

So, and now everybody calm down and keep up the discussion in a somewhat civilized way. Thank you Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next