B-Mac
32 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 25 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD

Post by vizkosity Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:33 pm

RED wrote:
vizkosity wrote:
RED wrote:I honestly think Moyes didn't even want Mata, but gave it the green light to 1) appease the fans 2) availability of a player who was desperate to start games 3) we were the only ones in for him.

My point is, Dithering Dave dithered, and in the end decided he wanted Mata despite not having a plan in place to use him correctly.

Last summer gave the picture of a man who was playing FM for the first time. No plan in place, just focusing more on unnatainable targets and wasting time chasing them.

Well they have to do something. Obviously the squad is not good enough this year, and something has to be done to make progress. No top tier players would want to come to united...and mata is like top 5 players in ELP. It's a steal, and something has to be done.

Sadly, no progress has been made. If he had shown some progress, we would have a little faith in him. I can't believe that it took him almost 1 SEASON, and he still can't figure out a stable starting 11 with a decent tactic in mind. Substitution and man management has been horrible also.

If Moyes had any clue, he could have given Kagawa a chance to shine there. We didn't really need Mata (even though he is quality). 37 mill could have gone to more needed targets, like a LB, RB or a CM.

I think it was more or less a panic buy again. He waited for so long, and only Mata was a reliable target. It feels like he didn't want to repeat the mistake with fellainy again. Top players knew our position and our troubles. It's a combination of things. World cup season is coming, and obviously, mata needs play time.

I think part of our problem is from rooney. We need to stop giving in to him, from contract talk to playing position. If we can drop him a few games, and let kagawa/mata play at his position behind RVP, i think we might have an idea of getting a true identity. Too bad, it's all crossing with Moyes.

vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm not sure what Rooney is anymore. He's not quite a number 10 like Kagawa or Mata. He's not a number 9 like RvP either. When RvP complained about players in his zone against Olympiakos he was right, and I'm pretty sure he was talking about Rooney. Then, against Everton Rooney wasn't making any runs like a number 9 and he was operating too close to Mata and Kagawa, so he was working in their zones as well.

If the next manager has a plan that works with Rooney in mind then fine, but if they try to put him in a plan where Rooney doesn't fit the role in mind then I will be annoyed. And that goes for every player not just Rooney. Mind you, I don't think RvP and Rooney will work, but let's see what the next manager does.

This is why I want Van Gaal, rather than Ancelotti etc. because Van Gaal won't give two shits. He'll drop who he ever he wants and that's what we need right now.

Welcome back Vizkosity, btw.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Rooney's lack of positional discipline has been pissing me off lately. I don't know if it's an act of arrogance by him or if Moyes gave him free reign to play that role, but him dropping deep and occupying the space that Mata and Kagawa are meant to fill pissed me off last Sunday.

We never had anyone at EFC's box to carry any sort of threat whatsoever. No passing option. Was a clusterfck.

And yes, Van Gaal is reknowned for making key decisions to key players without giving a damn. He's authoritive, and that's exactly what we need to control a group of players with big egos.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Now Moyes is gone who do you think will be our captain? It was going to be 100% Rooney when Moyes was here. I think Rooney should be the last person to get it, for obvious reasons. I'd like it to be Jonny Evans.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:36 pm

I haven't got a clue tbh. If we appoint LVG, he may give the captaincy to RVP.

I would personally give the captaincy to Phil Jones. He may still be young, but the effort, determination and fight he puts on the pitch is inspiring- has the attributes of a leader. Gives it his all and under the right guidance, he would excell even more and become a focal point in our team for the next 10+ years.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:47 pm

I'd like it to be Jones too, but I don't know about his injury history. Actually, Evans is a bit of the same with injuries as well. I wouldn't want it to be RvP, but then again I wouldn't really mind. If Jones can stay fit, I'm all for it.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Both Fellaini and Mata should not be at the club tbh. Disgraceful.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 pm

jibers wrote:Both Fellaini and Mata should not be at the club tbh. Disgraceful.

I'm pissed off that we are stuck with that useless afro head, having pissed away 27 mill for him. With Mata, he has the necessary means to be a great and important player for us- a proper Utd player. Hopefully our next manager will utilise him properly and not be intimidated to do so.

But Fellaini...:facepalm: Friggin Moyes has lumbered us with this imobile tool.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 pm

RED wrote:

I'm pissed off that we are stuck with that useless afro head, having pissed away 27 mill for him. With Mata, he has the necessary means to be a great and important player for us- a proper Utd player. Hopefully our next manager will utilise him properly and not be intimidated to do so.

We had no need for Mata when we have Kagawa, a better player imo. It just creates problems. Moyes should have been sacked for just signing Fellaini. Let's not forget this clown tried buying Khedira for 40 million! Fortunately Madrid rejected it. Ridiculous man.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:29 pm

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:

We had no need for Mata when we have Kagawa, a better player imo. It just creates problems. Moyes should have been sacked for just signing Fellaini. Let's not forget this clown tried buying Khedira for 40 million! Fortunately Madrid rejected it. Ridiculous man.

rofl  He was so out of his depth. And this is the man many Utd fans wanted to give the summer to bring in his own players. Unreal.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:33 pm

RED wrote:
jibers wrote:
RED wrote:

rofl  He was so out of his depth. And this is the man many Utd fans wanted to give the summer to bring in his own players. Unreal.

I wanted him to come becauseI thought he would keep the coaching staff or he would get an external coach like Queiroz. once he didnt do that I knew we were finished.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Feck, if you get a top top manager and don't finish in Europa you could do a Liverpool next season  pale 
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 pm

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:
jibers wrote:

I wanted him to come becauseI thought he would keep the coaching staff or he would get an external coach like Queiroz. once he didnt do that I knew we were finished.

For me, I knew he was the wrong choice right from the off, but I wasn't anti Moyes. I decided to back him and support him. The summer transfer dealings, our pre season matches and his press conferences set minor alarm bells ringing.

His excuses about the league fixtures and his dismissive remarks about our squad's overall quality made those alarm bells ring louder.

Our home defeat to WBA was like BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! and by the time we put on a limp display v NewC at home to get beat, I realised we were in serious trouble under this guy, and that he had to gtfo immediately.

To the other Utd fans in this section, when did you realise he was the wrong man for the job? If you didn't from the start.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:15 am

I won't lie, I wanted Moyes. I didn't really watch Everton, so I didn't realise the extent of his negativity. This season has actually taught me a lot. I wouldn't even care about Fergie's starting line-ups I'd trust him always.

Moyes nearly lost me vs Everton, I convinced myself to keep believing in him. He really lost me against Swansea, I don't really remember why though. Confirmed by the Sunderland game when he took off Kagawa, at the 50th minute (why not half-time!) and brought Valencia on, to protect the lead, against the bottom team in the Premier League :facepalm:

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:

I like Mata, but I 100% agree with this. Kagawa's movement and speedness of thought is superior. I honestly thought Kagawa was gone at the end of the season with Moyes incharge, so I was happy with Mata. Now we have a mess, RvP, Kagawa, Mata and Rooney for two spots.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:45 am

True.

Kagawa is a phenomenal player. Whenever I see him play for Japan, he is a different player to one seen at OT. For his national team, he looks like a WC player in his element, dictating the play and is a constant threat. Passing, scoring, creating space.

He is needs a good run of games, in his preferred position and we'll have this gem of a player playing to his natural ability. We saw how well he did v Bayern in the 2nd leg, maybe it was down to familiarity, regardless, he was head and shoulders above the rest of the Utd players. Loved his composure in tight spaces that night.

Thank God Moyes is gone and now Kags will get another shot. Because he looked a dead cert to leave in the summer. It took Moyes till the latter weeks of his tenure to realise that, you know, Kagawa is an actually decent player. Clueless.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:00 am

Nor was the disaffection and the disloyalty restricted to the training ground. Towards the end of that game in Athens, for example, Moyes found himself arguing with the fourth official.

‘Send him off,’ came one voice from among the substitutes. ‘We would be better off without him.’ A clear act of insubordination, it astonished those who heard it — but it was not an isolated incident.

When Shinji Kagawa — never trusted by Moyes — arrived so late for the flight to Munich this month that he had to be fast-tracked through departures by United’s security staff he did so with a fixed smile on his face hinting that he really did not care.

rofl 

I'm pretty sure his side has leaked these stories to the press, I've seen them in quite a few of the papers. It definitely won't be coming from the club's side. Then his statement kind of confirmed it when he left out the players.

Honestly, the way the media/former players have been about it, it's like we've murdered his famliy not sacked him. It's one of the most justified sackings of all time. He really can't have any excuses.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:21 am

RED wrote:

To the other Utd fans in this section, when did you realise he was the wrong man for the job? If you didn't from the start.

yep. the Sunderland game and kagawa substitution was the tipping point for me as well. It infuriated me to the very core.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:27 am

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:

Fully agree. But still I think both of them can work wonders if played together. So to maximise kagawa's potential and effectiveness we need mata and then again vice versa.

also rooney DOESNT DESERVE to start over either of them under the current scenario. He should be on the bench and should be the back up to the duo as well as to RVP who again is miles better than rooney as a no.9 .

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:35 am

Busby Babe wrote:Now Moyes is gone who do you think will be our captain? It was going to be 100% Rooney when Moyes was here. I think Rooney should be the last person to get it, for obvious reasons. I'd like it to be Jonny Evans.

:bow:  de gea ? hmm

rooney can just fek off. no way our captain.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:52 am

Busby Babe wrote:
Nor was the disaffection and the disloyalty restricted to the training ground. Towards the end of that game in Athens, for example, Moyes found himself arguing with the fourth official.

‘Send him off,’ came one voice from among the substitutes. ‘We would be better off without him.’ A clear act of insubordination, it astonished those who heard it — but it was not an isolated incident.

When Shinji Kagawa — never trusted by Moyes — arrived so late for the flight to Munich this month that he had to be fast-tracked through departures by United’s security staff he did so with a fixed smile on his face hinting that he really did not care.

rofl 

I'm pretty sure his side has leaked these stories to the press, I've seen them in quite a few of the papers. It definitely won't be coming from the club's side. Then his statement kind of confirmed it when he left out the players.

Honestly, the way the media/former players have been about it, it's like we've murdered his famliy not sacked him. It's one of the most justified sackings of all time. He really can't have any excuses.

Break out the small violins for poor ol lickle Moyes. So unjust the way he was sacked. Took the champs to midtable, missed every single realistic target, pissed away 67 mill to only make us worse, and after 10 months of breaking every unwanted record, leaves with 4.5 million as a reward for his incompetence. Poor Moyes.

All this talk from the LMA stinks of his friends being supportive of him, and stirring a storm in a teacup. They need to realise that the decision to sack Moyes was made on Sunday night. The following day it was either briefed or leaked to the club, if it was the latter, it was beyond the board's control. On Tuesday morning he was sacked. As soon as the CL clause was passed, he was as good as gone. Moyes had to have known, and I think he did. Now he's playing the victim.

In actuality, the club should be given a medal for hiring him and then putting up with his mediocrity for 10 months.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:39 pm

when we lost to Newcastle and West Brom at home...I think that's when I realized this man would never take us to success...and I had already been leaning that way but those were the nails in his coffin. I made this thread after that dreadful Stoke game :facepalm:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:10 pm

i had my big doubts when before the guy took the job. Tbh, during his tenure at Everton, he hadn't achieved anything spectacular to brand him as "special" for the job. Granted, he took everton to top 8 consistently for years. However, to me, that's enough time for special managers to get something amazingly done. Ferguson didn't spend 10 years to get united from a low place position to the top. Conte didn't even need 2 seasons. Klopp took Dortmund to the top of bundesliga in a short time. Same with Wenger. Moyes on the other hand, had nothing in his resume to scream out as "special" and it was a big risk signing him for 6 years.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Agreed. Ancelotti is 54, Mourinho is 51 and Moyes is 51. If Mourinho and Ancelotti were both at Everton, it wouldn't have taken them long to reach the top. I don't think it will take Martinez as long as it has Moyes to get a top job offer either. It's a little strange that no other top premier league club had ever gone for Moyes even Spurs ffs. And now, he wouldn't even get the Everton job.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Agreed. Ancelotti is 54, Mourinho is 51 and Moyes is 51. If Mourinho and Ancelotti were both at Everton, it wouldn't have taken them long to reach the top. I don't think it will take Martinez as long as it has Moyes to get a top job offer either. It's a little strange that no other top premier league club had ever gone for Moyes even Spurs ffs. And now, he wouldn't even get the Everton job.

I mean he's good for mid-table teams and lower position teams due to his defensive playstyle. However, MU has a lot more expectation and little room for error. Nowadays, with the competition and so many good teams with strong investment in the ELP, he's simply...not qualified.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:46 pm

I was agreeing with this.

Granted, he took everton to top 8 consistently for years. However, to me, that's enough time for special managers to get something amazingly done.

Perhaps, I misunderstood
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:20 pm

the next united captain should be carrick. Jones is good, but he's still too young to be a captain. Carrick is composed, hardworking, and is old enough to be our captain
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next