iftikhar
McAgger
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Nishankly
Curtinho
11 posters

Go down

Should Suarez go this summer? Empty Should Suarez go this summer?

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm curious to see what the general feeling is around here about Suarez and whether or not it would be a smart business decision to sell Suarez in the summer.

Pros for keeping him:
- One of the best players in the world on his current form.
- Exciting to watch.
- Has really turned his attitude around and become a more mature player.

I'm sure there's more, but those come to mind right away.

Pros for selling:
- Unlikely to repeat a masterful season like this one.
- Will never be worth more than he is this summer.
- Has had issues in the past, and specifically with Liverpool/Rodgers.
- Could grant a huge transfer fee with which to bolster the squad everywhere.

I'm personally conflicted. I'm not sure what the team would do with the transfer money, but if it could be had to grab true top quality players as well as create first team depth throughout to prepare for European competition it's hard to say no. Rumours are that if Suarez were to leave this summer it would be for a transfer fee in excess of 80 million. However, the obvious and best option for Liverpool would be to just open the wallet this summer and keep Suarez as well, but I am not sure that will happen.

Thoughts? I mean, it's a bit of one of those 'grass is always greener' posts and it's purely speculative, but I would imagine bringing in El Shaarawy, Kroos, Konoplyanka and someone like Astori with Sagna with Suarez leaving would ultimately make for a better team...or would it?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Should Suarez go this summer? Empty Re: Should Suarez go this summer?

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Pros for selling:
- Unlikely to repeat a masterful season like this one.
He's in his prime, He'll be better next season also will be playing 6 games more.

- Will never be worth more than he is this summer.
It's not about the money, We bought him for 20 million, This is not an issue like Torres or Caroll.

- Has had issues in the past, and specifically with Liverpool/Rodgers.
How many issues this season? We could go on about history endlessly

- Could grant a huge transfer fee with which to bolster the squad everywhere.
meh

I respectfully disagree. Suarez is on course to be one of best players to don the Liverbird on his chest.

If it weren't for him, We'd still be 8th and not for him, We would have finished worse than 8th, 7th etc previous seasons. He stood by us in the dark ages, It tested his mentality to the utmost, But he kept ( was forced to ) faith and now look at what a player he has become.

Liverpool fans dont forget what a player gives while wearing the LFC shirt even if its a great performance in one match, That what makes us special.

If he still wants to leave after Liverpool fulfill his apparent promises this season, He can go for 80m. But i dont think such a scenario will arrive this summer.

Last edited by Nishank on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

No.

We need as many world class players as possible now that we are likely to be in CL, why the hell would we sell Suarez ?

He is only 27 and his prime is yet to begin.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Again, don't think that I want him to leave. It was just something a friend and I were discussing (I, like anyone, would obviously rather have him stay and play top level ball with Liverpool) and I was wondering what other Liverpool fans though as opposed to an Arsenal fan.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 pm

No reasons to sell a player who is in top 3 in the world  .
If you want to aspire to the Top.
His value is over the goals and assists, he is also a leader of this squad and he is professional even outside the pitch. I see zero reasons to be fair.

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Would be absolutely terrible if we sold him. Would send the wrong message about our ambition, not only to other potential signings, but to fans and to the rest of the league. We'll risk becoming another Arsenal, to whom balance sheets and income statements are worth higher than winning trophies. Big oil money clubs will see as a selling club and will come in every summer throwing around cash at our other best players (Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho, Sterling, etc).

No world class player would actually want to come here no matter how much CL we get if we don't show the ambition that matches their level. We'll forever be stuck buying younger players with high potential and hoping they turn out good.

Selling him would also be detrimental to team morale. Suarez is a leader. He's a captain on this team. Players like Sterling and Henderson go into big matches with lion's mentalities simply because they are walking side by side with one of worlds best.

And then of course, people don't realize this but Suarez makes 90% of our attack. His presence alone frees up Sturridge, Sterling, and Coutinho. Even without his goals, the amount of attention he takes from the other teams is really what makes our attack tick. We were scoring 1 goal per game at the beginning of the season when he wasn't playing. And that was from magical moments from Sturridge. We were struggling to break down defenses.

No amount of money or signings would replace Suarez's productivity.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 pm

In short, benefits of keeping Suarez far far outweighs any benefits residual to his sale.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:01 pm

If he comes even close to repeating his summer of 2013, then, yes, for the right price. If he is happy to stay, absolutely keep him. We wouldn't be able to replace him and it's a safer bet to have Suarez than buy, say, three £20m players.

However, if a club outside of England tables an enormous offer and Suarez fancies the move, I don't think we should try to stop that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 am

We can afford Kroos without selling Suarez in the summer. The new TV deal + CL money will be huge. We'll have around a 40-50m net spend this summer PLUS sales, I think.

And what McAgger said. Except for the part where he says "people don't realize this but Suarez makes up 90% of our attack". A) I've stated this a million times, and B) he only makes around 70% of it. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 am

Yes.

And then come back after Rio. :coffee: 
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:33 am

mr-r34 wrote:Yes.

And then come back after Rio. :coffee: 

rofl 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Hue hue hue.

Yeah I'm of the opinion that if he wants to stay in Liverpool then there's no sale to be had even with a ridiculous offer (100 mil). Realistically speaking Liverpool should be able to spend without selling him, but even so I don't think there's any realistic chance of acquiring Kroos.

Also the mention of his history was just something that was brought up. He's displayed an immense change of character this season (which I think has helped with his step up in form).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 pm

I'd love to get Kroos, but sadly, there are really small chances of that happening..  No No No 
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:54 pm

I don't think there's any way we could get Kroos. As far as status goes, it doesn't get better for a German player than playing for Bayern Munich. Wages, now that's where Kroos may have a disagreement with Bayern, but I can't see us offering him more.

If Kroos doesn't stay with Bayern, I'm pretty sure he'll join a club even richer than ours, in other words: ManU, Chelsea, City, PSG, Madrid, Barcelona.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:16 pm

As long as he doesn't end up in the EPL outside of Liverpool I don't care where he goes. As mentioned it's highly unlikely he goes anywhere. Bayern Munich is (probably) the best club in the world, in arguably the best league in the world right now, and in his home country.

Also, if the interest in Isco is true as being reported, and the information that Liverpool would be willing to accept 70 + Isco for Suarez...would anyone here be upset at a deal of Isco + Jesé + cash for Suarez in the summer?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:04 pm

my god I will fap everyday of my life if I see Kroos playing in Liverpool shirt :coffee:
In a respectful manner, we need to stop this nonsense of Suarez=cash+player+shit, we need to add the likes of Kroos, Jese or whatever by keeping Suarez at the club...we need to build on the bircks from the last season, not by removing one brick and then going through the same process again...
why I am not a mod to lock this thread right now Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:10 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:my god I will fap everyday of my life if I see Kroos playing in Liverpool shirt :coffee:
In a respectful manner, we need to stop this nonsense of Suarez=cash+player+shit, we need to add the likes of Kroos, Jese or whatever by keeping Suarez at the club...we need to build on the bircks from the last season, not by removing one brick and then going through the same process again...
why I am not a mod to lock this thread right now Mad

Well actually if we want to be a force again, there's no alternative but to keep the likes of Suarez and build on the present squad. If we sell Suarez and buy the likes of Kroos etc. we don't know how that will turn up. So basically we will be jeopardizing the progress made so far.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:37 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:my god I will fap everyday of my life if I see Kroos playing in Liverpool shirt :coffee:
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down