BusterLfc
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014 - Page 41 Empty Re: Summer of 2014

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:32 pm

@Don't call me a bandwagoner

I'll remember to consult you as the authority on who is or isn't good enough for this team amongst players he has no knowledge of.

Summer of 2014 - Page 41 Phil-Thumbs-Up

Art Morte wrote:I don't want to believe we're in for a CB before offloading one of the current ones.

And if we're really interested in Lovren, well, that's just so lazy scouting, why didn't we buy him in 2013 when he was available and joined Southampton if we rate him so highly? Also, we've already bought two players from Southampton this summer, have we been looking anywhere else if we're in for a third one?! Such lazy scouting is only going to cost us way more money for the same quality we could have gotten from elsewhere.

I feel like they were probably unsure of him and wanted to see how he performed in the EPL first. Plus I think this is the first year that Rodgers has 'supreme authority' on the transfer policy though that's not exactly clear.

Last edited by El Cujo on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Suarez-autorise-a-passer-sa-visite-medicale/479641

FIFA has authorized Suarez to take a medical prior to transfer... he actually couldn't based on the initial ruling Laughing

Pretty much seals the deal to Barca imo. FIFA wouldn't comment if there wasn't a reason to.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Origi is a fantastic addition , and for that 10 mill euro price that may look like a steal in the future.I have only watched him in the world cup but he was really impressive in those games.Fast, technically good and at just 19 he has alot of potential imo.

I dont know why Liverpool arent in for Blind for the left back option. Definitely better than anything that have been linked with .oh well..

Finally,you better hope 20 mill pound for Lovren is fake.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't want to believe we're in for a CB before offloading one of the current ones.

And if we're really interested in Lovren, well, that's just so lazy scouting, why didn't we buy him in 2013 when he was available and joined Southampton if we rate him so highly? Also, we've already bought two players from Southampton this summer, have we been looking anywhere else if we're in for a third one?! Such lazy scouting is only going to cost us way more money for the same quality we could have gotten from elsewhere.

There was an article in echo few weeks back that Toure is leaving and Rodgers wants to have 4 experienced defenders in the squad .Ilori will alo be loaned out this season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:55 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

There was an article in echo few weeks back that Toure is leaving and Rodgers wants to have 4 experienced defenders in the squad .Ilori will alo be loaned out this season.

Where is he leaving to? I can't think of a club who are willing to have him and a year ago he apparently wanted to stay in the north-west England for family reasons. But we'll see, almost two months of the window left.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Where is he leaving to? I can't think of a club who are willing to have him and a year ago he apparently wanted to stay in the north-west England for family reasons. But we'll see, almost two months of the window left.

Toure could also move on with Turkish club Trabzonspor keen to secure his services.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-midfielder-luis-alberto-7323185
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:06 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/03/rio-ferdinand-qpr-free-transfer

We can put the Caulker rumours to rest
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:15 am

Huntelaar is a very good goalscorer but doesn't really contribute much beyond that anymore. He's injury prone and past his prime to be honest, and isn't really suited to what Rodgers wants his forwards to do in the system. Not a realistic or reasonable signing.

Lovren isn't worth £20m. Lovren isn't worth £20m. Lovren with a transfer request isn't worth £20m.

If we have £50 or £70 or £80m coming in we really ought to be targeting players of a higher level than Bertrand and probably Lovren as well. Why is it we can't afford to spend the extra £4m to land Moreno (settling for a huge step down in Bertrand) but are willing to spend £5 or 10m over the value for Lovren? Frustrating. Not tantrum worthy, but frustrating.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:34 am

Sevilla have claimed that Alberto Moreno is staying put after Liverpool refused to meet their £20million valuation.

However, the Reds haven’t given up on their pursuit of the Spain international and could yet restart negotiations over the coming weeks in the hope an agreement can be reached.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-offer-20m-lovren-7369316

Maybe Bertrand rumors were just to show Sevilla we have better options.

I like Lovren as a player.Will improve us lot and much better than Skrtel and organizer as well.Yeah 20 mil is kinda absurd but hopefully it is made up of lot of add ons similar to Lallana.

Pearce also saying we will look for a fee of around 12 mil if Agger is to leave.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:49 am

If Bertrand was supposed to be a "better option" I can only imagine Sevilla laughing.

I don't see Lovren as a serious improvement on any of our three starting CB options.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:47 am

btw

Conner >>> Lallana
Conner >>> Can
Conner >>> Lambert

And we've apparently moved on from the 'shit' list to the top class list Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:11 am

Conner? Who the hell is that?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:37 am

Konoplynaka - the guy that Ayre made a fool of the whole football club for in the 11th our of the winter window getting beat by the clock and a massive dickhead of a president who refused to sell even though we met his release clause.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:45 am

Fahim89 wrote:There just isn't any point making any arguments with you RA. You just will start making up stuff! :facepalm:

Hold on. What?

What have I made up? LOL
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 am

We don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes, could be that

a) we're still keen on Konoplyanka, just no news about it.
b) he has got other options (ManU?) that he wants to consider.
c) we don't want to deal with Dnipro if they acted unprofessionally / disrespectfully in January.
or d) that Rodgers indeed doesn't fancy him any longer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 am

El Cujo wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Is it worth buying Huntelaar considering his age?

Also will he leave Schalke to be back up for Sturridge?Or can he play alongside DS as wide forward?

A healthy Huntelaar is still one of the most dangerous players in the world in the box. I think it would be worth starting Sturridge a bit out wide or playing a two striker system still with those two. Huntelaar in a bit more of an advanced position with Sturridge a bit deeper to receive the ball more. Honestly it's hard to think of many players in the world with Huntelaar composure and technique in the box he just knows how to score goals.

His 11/12 season is one of the most underrated that I can remember of any player. He also has a better goalscoring record at almost every level even than Suarez. Surprised

Give it a rest mate, not worth time arguing with him. lol

KJH is classy, but don't think he should be signed. We already have a poacher-type in Sturridge. Don't really need a back-up too considering we just signed Lambert.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:50 am

Suarez - £71m
Winter Window money not spent - £30m+
New TV deal money - £97m
CL money
Garuda Int. - £16m/year
Dunkin Donuts - £8m/year
Standard Charter - £20m/year
Warrior - £25m/year
Vauxhall - Undisclosed
Others Commercial income (Gatorade, Carlsberg, EA Sports, Jack Wolfskin, etc) - Undisclosed

Broadcasting, Matchday revenue, and whatever other source of revenue we have not included.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent on transfers: £38.75m (Lallana, Can, Lambert)

There's money to be spent and FSG better put out. The cheap lowballing really cost us in the Winter window. I swear to god we better see some serious dough thrown around.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 am

Lovren is not better than Skrtel, what are you people on about. lol

Skrtel is superior, Lovren's ceiling is Skrtel's level. Stop with the one season wonder hype.

We should be looking for people at the very least at Skrtel's level with the potential to be a lot better (De Vrij type). Or a straight up better option. Howedes or Varane please. Varane may be unrealistic maybe, but we have money to splash now and we could use Sakho as a secret agent to give Rafael first team football because he's a gunnnnn. Cool )
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:53 am

Don't call me James wrote:Suarez - £71m
Winter Window money not spent - £30m+
New TV deal money - £97m
CL money
Garuda Int. - £16m/year
Dunkin Donuts - £8m/year
Standard Charter - £20m/year
Warrior - £25m/year
Vauxhall - Undisclosed
Others Commercial income (Gatorade, Carlsberg, EA Sports, Jack Wolfskin, etc) - Undisclosed

Broadcasting, Matchday revenue, and whatever other source of revenue we have not included.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent on transfers: £38.75m (Lallana, Can, Lambert)

There's money to be spent and FSG better put out. The cheap lowballing really cost us in the Winter window. I swear to god we better see some serious dough thrown around.

FSG has nothing to do with this.

It's the committee.

FSG just provide the cash. And they've provided the cash ffs. Stop using them as scapegoats for other peoples failures.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:05 am

Having watching both Skrtel and Lovren last season Lovren is comfortably better than Skrtel IMO .

He was very vocal as well which we need IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 am

Skrtel >>> Lovren

About the money, we've made £40m-£50m losses for at least three seasons in a row now, which FSG have covered one way or the other, so being annoyed at them about spending isn't really fair, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 am

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 am

Suarez - £71m
is it definitive or reliable!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:10 am

Art Morte wrote:Skrtel >>> Lovren

About the money, we've made £40m-£50m losses for at least three seasons in a row now, which FSG have covered one way or the other, so being annoyed at them about spending isn't really fair, imo.

We are most likely signing him so we will figure out soon I suppose.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:20 am

iftikhar wrote:
Suarez - £71m
is it definitive or reliable!!!

Our portion might be lower as 5% will have to be given to Ajax. But the reliable journos say £75m
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 am

But the reliable journos say £75m
There goes my £5m  :facepalm:  Wink .
iftikhar
iftikhar