zenmaster
mr-r34
Pedram
Magic Spray
Mr Nick09
120 posters

Page 17 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 17 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by M99 Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:00 pm

I think it should have been 6 months but at least he did get banned. Should be no complaints about it.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 17 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:05 pm

another star out of the mundial....if you think about it though, months football ban isn't long. what's months?october? some leagues start in late september, enough time for him to undergo therapy and maintain fitness before getting back to footy. around the time of his return, leagues in europe would still be in the early stages of the season, so he's basically just banned frm this world cup, upcoming qualifiers ,pre-season friendlies and the first couple of early games of the season.....my take on the ban is, it isn't as harsh as it sounds....the harshest part about it is getting kicked out of the world cup.....now Uruguay go back to being a boring team to watch. the Colombians would love this though, no falcao, no suarez. (although one could say the Colombians have gotten used to falcao's absence)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:07 pm

well deserved ban..

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:54 pm

No one is saying that FIFA's penal standards are sound, at all.

But how can you compare Pepe's rash kicks (for which he has been suspended) to how dirty Luis Suarez has been over the past four years?

Racism, three cases of biting, obscene hand gestures.

These are all things that sully the good name of football more than violent tackles.

Granted, Pepe may not get what he deserves but that doesn't mean Suarez shouldn't get what he does.

And he got it lightly.

there isn't any football to play in June, July and August so the four month ban isn't as bad as it would seem.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:05 pm

would still vote for him to finish top scorer of the PL if he stays at Liverpool tbh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Fifa media relations manager Delia Fischer adds: "An appeal may be lodged by the player and/or Uruguay FA."

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Fifa making up rules as they go along, but to judge by what they've just told me, only #URU (not #LFC) would be allowed to appeal Suarez ban

So Liverpool can't even lodge an appeal and we're getting shafted the most Laughing

He's gonna miss 9 PL games (25% of the season), 3 CL games (50% of group stages), and 1 league cup match. :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 17 BrE-pSCIEAAncho

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 17 BrFJ1hoIQAA4Kfu
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Apparently this 9 match ban is for official games, which means that if Uruguay get eliminated Saturday, suarez is also out of next year's copa america Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Has no-one to blame but himself. lol @ everyone trying to present him as a mental patient with problems Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:08 pm

To be honest 4 months from all competitions is excessive to me considering Zidane's headbutt (a comparable aggression imo, even though there was no reincidence) only got like a 2 or 3 match ban.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Noises are coming out, he may be considering committing suicide having let his country and family down.

I hope it doesn't happen. As much of an idiot he is, that's be a real tragedy.

If, god forbid, it happened though....it'll probably be the new christmas for Lex, and he'll make a photo of LS' grave his signature for 2 years Proud

Last edited by Natalie Portman on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:10 pm

4 months is not bad...
its a threepeat offense, pepe got how many suspensions for kicking that pleyer? 7 games?

seems fair to me could of been worse.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:11 pm

MJGunner wrote:No one is saying that FIFA's penal standards are sound, at all.

But how can you compare Pepe's rash kicks (for which he has been suspended) to how dirty Luis Suarez has been over the past four years?

Racism, three cases of biting, obscene hand gestures.

These are all things that sully the good name of football more than violent tackles.

Granted, Pepe may not get what he deserves but that doesn't mean Suarez shouldn't get what he does.

And he got it lightly.

there isn't any football to play in June, July and August so the four month ban isn't as bad as it would seem.

Lightly? He misses both this world cup and the next copa America doesn't he?

Last edited by DuringTheWar on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Noises are coming out, he may be considering committing suicide having let his country and family down.

I hope it doesn't happen. As much of an idiot he is, that's be a real tragedy.

If, god forbid, it happened though....it'll probably be the new christmas for Lex, and he'll make a photo of LS' grave his signature for 2 years Proud
stop being ridiculous
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:16 pm

seriously sepi u take it too far sometimes
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:18 pm

I think the punishment is fine, but why is he banned from entering stadiums? thats ridiculous

anyone know when balo's suspension is going to come out? you know for kneeing a player in the head?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:18 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Lightly? He misses both this world cup and the next copa America doesn't he?

He misses 9 Uruguay games. I'm sure between WC game(s?) and friendlies they will make it more than 9 before then.

Btw he is able to appeal on Saturday, right? So if Uruguay advance he could possibly get a stay while his appeal is being processed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:20 pm

official games i think BC. evey official game that uruguay play will count if so.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:21 pm

I am not a Liverpool fan but I rate this decision as ridicolous and it creates a dangerous precedent for football.

Suarez had to be banned just for Uruguay matches, he will be banned also for Liverpool who won't have Suarez for 9 matches of EPL and 50% of CL for a thing happened with Celeste.

Basically this decision damages more Liverpool than   Uruguay .
It doesn't make sense.

So now, if a player will make an awful gesture in WC ,he will be banned also with clubs?

Tassotti elbowed Luis Enrique smearing his face with blood to USA 94 , he was banned for 8 matches ( Suarez broke his record now in WC) , but it didn't concern AC Milan too

or Totti, he was banned for spit against Denmark but it didn't concert also AS Roma.

I could understand more a ban so as to miss the next Copa America than this to penalize LFC ,imho

Last edited by Robespierre on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:22 pm

@barriletecosmico, i get your point, but i think its due to suarez being a repeat offender and the strange nature of the offense....although to play devil's advocate here, zidane could be very reckless as well, but he's recklessness was a lot more spaced out and varied (lmao), i mean if he was just headbutting all the time, maybe the pattern would have been punished, but he headbutted, then next time it might have been a tackle, then next time maybe a stomp, then maybe back to a headbutt or a tackle....lol. but all jokes aside i guess its fifa trying to set new standards, and moreover communications, technology and social media has raised awareness and brought the game to newer audiences so fifa have the right to tackle this differently from past transgressions.....back then, a lot of people who probably didn't follow footy where shocked at zidane's materazzi knock out, cos his temperament wasn't as storied or broadcast on such level...whereas for someone like myself, i was hardly surprised when i saw it having seen him gotten booked for other incidences. with suarez however, twitter, facebook, blogs, youtube prolly went crazy after the second bite and dug up proof showing he'd done this before; now the third bite comes when footage of the first two are still fresh in our memories
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:To be honest 4 months from all competitions is excessive to me considering Zidane's headbutt (a comparable aggression imo, even though there was no reincidence) only got like a 2 or 3 match ban.
He retired after that game. They could have given him 100 games and it wouldn't have mattered. FIFA was forced to have a hearing and hand down a ban because he got a red card... otherwise, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

What is it with people comparing apples and oranges? it's not like Zidane head butted Materazzi from behind. He took two steps right in front of him and bang. My only regret was that Materazzi got up tbh. Suarez BITES people when they're not looking Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:only official games i think BC.
I think every fifa friendly is considered an official game because they're organized by fifa. I might be wrong though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Lightly? He misses both this world cup and the next copa America doesn't he?

He misses 9 Uruguay games. I'm sure between WC game(s?) and friendlies they will make it more than 9 before then.

Btw he is able to appeal on Saturday, right? So if Uruguay advance he could possibly get a stay while his appeal is being processed.

I heard friendlies don't count, I'm not sure about it though. But regardless, people are so focused on the length of the punishment like he wouldn't rather miss an entire year than the rest of the tournament. Missing the world cup is itself what would hurt him
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:29 pm

thing is, he is banned from even TRAINING with Liverpool or his club.

so his ban expires october 25th....the guy hasn't even trained, not allowed to attend training sessions..will be so behind fitness wise and tactically.

I'm reading from a professional FIFA A license holder who is a RAWK member, that the ban most probably involved his ban from hiring a professional trainer to keep him fit.

What if he is caught playing football with his daughter at a park ? Can FIFA spot it and use it against him ?

All-football activities need to be defined better. The ban to "train" is the thing that does my head though. It's like an extra 2 months basically.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:To be honest 4 months from all competitions is excessive to me considering Zidane's headbutt (a comparable aggression imo, even though there was no reincidence) only got like a 2 or 3 match ban.
He retired after that game. They could have given him 100 games and it wouldn't have mattered. FIFA was forced to have a hearing and hand down a ban because he got a red card... otherwise, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

What is it with people comparing apples and oranges? it's not like Zidane head butted Materazzi from behind. He took two steps right in front of him and bang. My only regret was that Materazzi got up tbh. Suarez BITES people when they're not looking Laughing

That was worse, the difference is people liked zidane, people pretend he DIDN'T have a madness in him throughout his career where he would lash out at defenders. A head but to the chest is actually very dangerous
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Suarez leaving the Uruguay camp.

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10511104_785163401515926_8737950079872595872_n.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next