zenmaster
mr-r34
Pedram
Magic Spray
Mr Nick09
120 posters

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 18 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by M99 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Suarez leaving the Uruguay camp.

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10511104_785163401515926_8737950079872595872_n.jpg

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 18 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by Robespierre Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:To be honest 4 months from all competitions is excessive to me considering Zidane's headbutt (a comparable aggression imo, even though there was no reincidence) only got like a 2 or 3 match ban.
He retired after that game. They could have given him 100 games and it wouldn't have mattered. FIFA was forced to have a hearing and hand down a ban because he got a red card... otherwise, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

What is it with people comparing apples and oranges? it's not like Zidane head butted Materazzi from behind. He took two steps right in front of him and bang. My only regret was that Materazzi got up tbh. Suarez BITES people when they're not looking Laughing

yes but it doesn't make sense anyway.
That ban shows how there are favoritismes in football . Blatter refused even to deliver the cup to Italy because he hoped in another results.
Zidane got just 3 matches of ban ( and for me it was worse than this made by Suarez) , 1 in less than Materazzi , the only provocateur banned in football history.
so what is the sense of all it ? where is the clearness in football? why Liverpool must pay for a thing happened in WC with Uruguay , while it is not same thing for other players?
I am not even a LFC fan and I am perplexed for it , I can image the LFC fans' mood
but I am not so surprised, FIFA is basically the most ridicolous federation in the sport.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:45 pm

@duringthewar raises a very good point that i touched on in my earlier post..."people liked zidane and pretended he didn't have a madness about him"....very very true
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Totally agreed with DuringTheWar.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Hearing that Uruguay are going to appeal the rodents ban but doesn't that mean if he loses (and he most likely will) the ban gets extended? If so, would that just extend the national team ban or domestically for Liverpool aswell? I'd imagine both if the initial ban was for all competitions.

Can't believe how light his sentence was.. Hope he gets banned for the season.

Last edited by Cassius on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 pm

sports is right, what suarez did is an affront to civilization. i understand pepe kicking someone more than i understand that bite
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Don't think Liverpool should have been affected tbh.. He should be banned from International Duty for a very long time though, like 2 years..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:15 pm

The punishment should also be worse, like Zidane... Suarez just did this in the largest sporting event in the world..
viewers all over the world are tuning in to see the mockery that is Suarez and relate it to FIFA.
a kick to a player is going to happen in the sport, a two legged tackle that can break bones is going to happen in the sport..
biting someone just is completely weird.. rofl
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:I think the punishment is fine, but why is he banned from entering stadiums? thats ridiculous
FIFA are on the jazz atm. Franz Beckenbauer was also bannned from all football activity including going to stadiums just before the World Cup (!) due to not entering some question catalogue the FIFA sent him and that he should answer.

See here for example (first English source I found): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2657300/Franz-Beckenbauer-banned-football-FIFA-90-days-Qatar-2022-World-Cup-bid.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Apparently Suarez doesn't only bite his opponents..:

he doesn't know any better:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:04 pm

I still think he pays a lot because people dislike him. Ffs Mike Tyson was convicted of rape and bit a dudes ear off yet still is a legend in most people's (that I know) eyes and not viewed as a some crazy social outcast.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Mike Tyson is a crazy social outcast.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Donuts wrote:The punishment should also be worse, like Zidane... Suarez just did this in the largest sporting event in the world..
viewers all over the world are tuning in to see the mockery that is Suarez and relate it to FIFA.
a kick to a player is going to happen in the sport, a two legged tackle that can break bones is going to happen in the sport..
biting someone just is completely weird.. rofl

the punishment is very severe , saying it had to worse is exagerrated. he will miss 4 months and he can't even train . for a bite. these are many.

There 'a lot of sensationalism for that bite ,and it is normal , but I want to remember also  that Chiellini is not injured.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Based on action = Suspension =/= based on injuries
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Sink your teeth into that, Luis Proud

Got what he deserved. I also agree with banning him altogether, the biting had nothing to do with Uruguay, he did it on his own. He has proved now that it doesn't matter who he is playing for, he will still bite. Banning him just from the NT seemed silly to me as it doesn't affect HIM as much as banning him from both NT and club football.

If he is ever going to learn, you can't just ban him from playing games every few months, banning him outright is more likely to teach him, although, at this point, I doubt he will learn.

Disgraceful player.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 am

MJGunner wrote:Mike Tyson is a crazy social outcast.

He was, he's had quite a remarkable transformation and he's a well liked and gregarious guy now.

Suarez can be the same way. The thing is, he needs to hit rock bottom like Tyson did. Granted Suarez hasn't been known to violate the law off the pitch, but he's not really had the hammer dropped on him for his infractions. I think a year away from the game would get through to him more than him just having to miss a handful of games. He's obviously not getting the message if he's still biting guys and being previously disciplined for it
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 am

lenear1030 wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Mike Tyson is a crazy social outcast.

He was, he's had quite a remarkable transformation and he's a well liked and gregarious guy now.

Suarez can be the same way. The thing is, he needs to hit rock bottom like Tyson did. Granted Suarez hasn't been known to violate the law off the pitch, but he's not really had the hammer dropped on him for his infractions. I think a year away from the game would get through to him more than him just having to miss a handful of games. He's obviously not getting the message if he's still biting guys and being previously disciplined for it

Yeah, more than a decade later?

You would think that after *insert list of controversies* he would have hit rock bottom. After the year he had and the ups Liverpool had, it genuinely seemed that he was on the road to putting all of that behind him but he's shown that he'll crack again and again and again with no remorse.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:32 am

I think the punishment is little over the top.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 am

Suarez has been deported from Brazil btw Laughing .... Brazil already hate Uruguay, and are loving it.

Independent reporting LFC want to take legal action against FIFA to CAS, as well as fine Suarez and not pay his wages during his ban.

LFC ....it's never boring ...always drama Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 am

yeah i'm sure Suarez is totally going to be happy without wages now.. can see him pushing for a move..
maybe monaco would buy him, unless barca are actually dumb enough to go for him
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:46 am

he has not been deported, pls stawp  Rolling Eyes 
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 am

Donuts wrote:yeah i'm sure Suarez is totally going to be happy without wages now.. can see him pushing for a move..
maybe monaco would buy him, unless barca are actually dumb enough to go for him

There is no job in this world that you can get work off for 4 months for biting a fellow co-worker.

City did the same to Tevez when he was in Argentina playing golf.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't any clause in Suarez' latest contract in case of another misconduct. Anyways, news is a hefty fine from the club and an emergency meeting between JWH and Rodgers at Anfield to come up with a statement and plan.

Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 am

Ganso wrote:he has not been deported, pls stawp  Rolling Eyes 

He's been kicked out of Uruguay's hotel by FIFA's order....which basically means GTFO Brazil

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 am

How does "gets kicked out of brazil" = "get kicked out of his hotel"? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:00 am

Go look up the definition of deported.

he is leaving Brazil on his own, there is nothing left for him to do here,dude isn't even allowed to see his partners.

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 am

I think Pool is in quite safe position to keep him now, he's one bite away from something as severe as one year ban.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next