zenmaster
mr-r34
Pedram
Magic Spray
Mr Nick09
120 posters

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 16 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by Adit Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:15

I would say the ban is actually not harsh on Liverpool...it was just unfortunate that Suarez happened to be a Liverpool player. Their own bad luck for trusting such a player.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope) - Page 16 Empty Re: Suarez Bites No More (we can but hope)

Post by che Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:16

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Here's a crazy solution that might, maybe just work

How about Suarez doesn't bite other human beings in a game of football? Crazy, I know. But even then maybe it would help.

are you 12?

"here's a solution that would stop people getting jailed for life for smoking weed, how about they stop smoking weed?"
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:17

if Liverpool were harsher with Suarez he would not have repeated it be it in EPL or another competition altogether. Their fault for being so lenient imo.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:18

Aaah the 'are you 12' argument

are you retarded?

Do you think Suarez should be biting people in a game of football? I don't give two shits how bad the punishment is for him, he's *bleep* biting people.

Stop crying because you hate Madrid, two seperate incidents happening in two seperate competitions.

Oh Pepe wasn't banned for 10 years boo *bleep* hoo

pls go.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:21

che wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Here's a crazy solution that might, maybe just work

How about Suarez doesn't bite other human beings in a game of football? Crazy, I know. But even then maybe it would help.

are you 12?

"here's a solution that would stop people getting jailed for life for smoking weed, how about they stop smoking weed?"

Comparing going out of your way to bite people to smoking weed lol Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:22

so to summarize, the point i'm making is that it's an excessive punishment, considering
a) the comparatively non-violent, and certainly less dangerous nature of the incident than a different violent incident from recent history
b) the competition it occurred in, as the punishment extends into another competition

and your counterargument is this

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Stop crying because you hate Madrid, two seperate incidents happening in two seperate competitions.

?
i'm glad this forum's reading comprehension levels are what they used to be, don't know if i could withstand an upswing

Comparing going out of your way to bite people to smoking weed lol Smile

:facepalm:

the point is that excessive punishments exist, and the way to deal with them is not to "stop doing whatever you're being punished for"
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:24

Honestly, i don't know what a fair punishment for biting is.  On one hand, it's not career-threatening...  on the other, who freakin bites another human being Laughing  I think you give harsh punishment just because it's an affront to civilization Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:25

Laughing

Pepe got banned for a very long time after his outburst a while ago. Suarez is getting banned for a very long time after his 3rd repeated offence of BITING another person in a game of *bleep* football.

What's the problem? Are you suggesting that Pepes 'Headbutt' (If you can even call it that) against Muller is worse than Suarez biting somebody? Or are you just crying about Madrid as per usual, what a lovely obsession you have there.

'Comparatively non-violent' rofl

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:25

Pepe wouldve got 4 month ban if he kicked a guy in the ass for 3rd fking time lol...how hard is it for you to understand che?

Pepe and Suarez both got same punishment 10 match and 7 match ban rspectively ...only in the league games for the first offence.

Its not pepe's fault he didnt do it again Laughing while Suarez goes on a rampage/
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:25

that's why i'm for unusual punishments... divers should be forced to wear pink fairy wings and skirts, suarez could wear a hannibal mask or something
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:28

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

What's the problem? Are you suggesting that Pepes 'Headbutt' (If you can even call it that) against Muller is worse than Suarez biting somebody? Or are you just crying about Madrid as per usual, what a lovely obsession you have there.

for the last time, i'm suggesting that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of actually career-threatening tackles happening, every season, often committed by repeat offenders, that do not get punished with even remotely similar severity as suarez did here... i picked pepe as an example because it's the one that jumps out the most in recent history, we could talk about materazzi, or charlie adam, or shawcross if you want
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:32

And a few pages ago I said myself that people who repeatedly go in with reckless challenges should be getting huge bans themselves.

How do we know that Pepe won't get banned for months next time he does something truly reckless? And no, leaning into Muller with his head does not qualify as reckless for me. It's stupid, and ridiculous. But it was done with no force and had less chance of 'harming' somebody than your typical 50/50 challenge in the air

Pepe has calmed down, even if he is still idiotic. Suarez? He's not even pretending to apologise for his third disgusting biting incident.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:35

Has Pepe done anything that equates or is equal to what he did to Casquero since? hmm
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:36

Seen a lot of talk about infection. Surely that can only happen if he breaks their skin right? Otherwise there'd be a lot of infections from people biting their knuckles or from "lovebites" ect
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:37

And then there's the fact his teeth don't even make direct contact with the skin
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:38

Excessive punishment, although harsh, are sometimes necessary if the offender refuse to change his behavior.

Pepe got a lengthy ban for kicking someone but after that he didn't do the SAME thing again.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:39

Not going to find the information for a 3rd time just research it yourself

Human bites are worse than animal bites
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:40

I think it's a fair punishment, slightly lenient but much better than what I expected from FIFA.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Unrighteous Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:42

Ok so as far as I know, the English Premier League fall under the umbrella of U.E.F.A, which falls under the umbrella of F.I.F.A.  So it seems to me that F.I.F.A is fully justified in banning Suarez from E.P.L. matches.  Suarez just happened to piss of the head honchos this time.  I wouldn't be surprised and think he fully deserves extra punishment from both U.E.F.A and the E.P.L. for disgracing the league and U.E.F.A. at a worldwide and highly viewed tournament.

As far as players being banned for elbows and other violent intentional actions, I'm all for it.  Just realize Suarez has done this same action three times!  Guy deserves a munch lengthier ban, because obviously it's not making him change.
Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:42

https://imgur.com/Sm3FIAz.gif
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:42

Lmaoooooooooo
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:50

halamadrid2 wrote:if Liverpool were harsher with Suarez he would not have repeated it be it in EPL or another competition altogether. Their fault for being so lenient imo.

We hired a psychoyotraist for him after Ivanovic bite, and Rodgers worked with him...

that's why he was controversy -free ALL season last year, both in terms of yellow cards/dives everything...and won all those awards.

Uruguay's FA are idiots for heaping pressure on him and he always cracks. all 3 times he's BITTEN, it's been a high pressure game, where he's either had a bad game, or under pressure to deliver.

If anything, we did all we could for him and made sure he had his first controversy-free season of his career in 4 seasons.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:51

also...did ban just confirmed that we'll buy Alexis one way or another.

thank you FIFA Proud

Welcome home Alexis :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:52

Natalie Portman wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:if Liverpool were harsher with Suarez he would not have repeated it be it in EPL or another competition altogether. Their fault for being so lenient imo.

We hired a psychoyotraist for him after Ivanovic bite, and Rodgers worked with him...

that's why he was controversy -free ALL season last year, both in terms of yellow cards/dives everything...and won all those awards.

Uruguay's FA are idiots for heaping pressure on him and he always cracks. all 3 times he's BITTEN, it's been a high pressure game, where he's either had a bad game, or under pressure to deliver.

If anything, we did all we could for him and made sure he had his first controversy-free season of his career in 4 seasons.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu 26 Jun 2014, 17:59

che wrote:that's why i'm for unusual punishments... divers should be forced to wear pink fairy wings and skirts, suarez could wear a hannibal mask or something

I agree FIFA should have punished Suarez by pulling all of Suarez's teeth. He simply wouldn't be any danger of bitting anyone ever again.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 18:00

I think it should have been 6 months but at least he did get banned. Should be no complaints about it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next