Mamad
McAgger
Ganso
VivaStPauli
90 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who'll win?

Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany - Page 4 Vote_lcap34%Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany - Page 4 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 20 ]
Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany - Page 4 Vote_lcap66%Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany - Page 4 Vote_rcap 66% 
[ 39 ]

Total Votes : 59

Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:18 pm

rwo power wrote:BTW, I'm always really amused when people call the German team "shit". I bet there are quite some countries who would wish to have an NT that is as shit as ours Laughing

I really don't know where those people are coming from and especially now that Germany are in the semi finals such comments are completely meaningless. Yes perhaps Germany haven't played that well all the time but then neither have the other big teams.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Juveman17 wrote:Germany 3-0 Brazil

That is way too optimistic. These teams are way too close. It's almost a 50-50. Extra time and penalties quite likely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:21 pm

@Viva

LOL, probably very true. But then, the game has changed quite a bit since then, so that would be expected. I'm just glad the German NT managed to change their game to go with the modern times.

I think that is the problem with some of the not quite as successful NTs - they try to get along all with their olden tactics and don't really realize that things have moved on.

(In that way, Jogi Löw experimenting like hell might be annoying, at times suicidal, but it still keeps things fresh.)

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Insoucious wrote:I'm rooting for Germany and I think they will win it because Germany is way more realistic/lucid, they always seem very organized.
Once they scored, they park the bus and almost nothing go through cause Neuer is too good.
Brazil team is still looking unorganized and like "let's see how we will play on the pitch" it worked so far but I don't think they can win the cup this way.

Germany 1 - 0 Brazil.

Same for me

But the factor which goes in Brazil's favour is the spirit around them. If the WC was anywhere else, I wouldn't expect Brazil to go very far in the WC IMO but the crowd have been lifting Brazil's spirit in every match.

Germany imo are better functional team but I won't be surprised if Brazil reach the Final.

That's so true.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
rwo power wrote:BTW, I'm always really amused when people call the German team "shit". I bet there are quite some countries who would wish to have an NT that is as shit as ours Laughing

Well, we, in 2002, were Germany-shit, not international class shit. We still made the finals. But compared to Germany from 2010 and onwards, the 2002 team was a pub team. I doubt even Schnix would make the current squad.

then-prime Ballack would make it I guess, other than that to call us shit then is not an overstatement.
We reached the final but really not in way to be proud of lol.
We uglily fluked our way past Paraguay, US and South Korea.

Even Kahn would have a hard time getting ahead of Neuer, though this kind of ahistoric argument is always very questionable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Scolari: 'I think that Germany will be very difficult for Neymar. If we can win it may be possible for him to play in the final.'

Very likely a mind game.

I'll say something here. Even when Low insisted Lahm would continue as DM something suggested to me that he would actually play full back and this was a mind game Low was intentionally playing.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:29 pm

on the other hand, Oliver Neuville  drunken 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Robespierre wrote:All the NTs who host  the WC are helped in WC history , who more  (South Korea 2002 Laughing) who less.
Brazil had a ridicolus penalty in first match , but for the rest it was enough standard if we consider the WCs.
If Brazil will win the cup it can be sad for the game style expressed not exactly worthy of Brazil , or for other things, but I don't see conspiracy and total farce.

Conspiracy theories are disgraceful. Farce is a very extreme word. Brazil 1994 was criticized for being an ugly team but winning the world cup 24 years later they restored football's greatest superpower of all time. Hence I don't think it's that bad if this Brazil whom few like wins. Joga Bonito is a thing of the past. Tiki taka was cracked in say less than five years. How long could Joga Bonito have hoped to last in modern times? Winning matters more than anything nowadays. If you can do so setting your style then even better but winning is still better than losing with great style. Besides which team at this world cup still in the tournament have set any style? The last international team to set a style was Spain and their era is long since over. Hence I don't think it will be sad for the game if Brazil wins this world cup. If any team was playing beautifully at this moment then their winning could have been good for the game but since there is no such team let the one which can make the most of the occasion win it - hopefully that is Argentina. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:36 pm

I think Germany's defensive system is underrated. They have been the only team that has defended calmly the whole tournament. They looks really well structured defensively..obviously they sucks offensively though..no attacking threat up front and so far looks like relying on errors from the opposition is their strategy.

Brazil's defense doesnt impress me. Despite playing 2 DMs and a work horse of a 'attacking midfielder' in Oscar, Colombia just sliced through them in the second half, especially James.They were kicking the ball to the gallery from 70 minute onwards. They commits alot of foul, Germany can easily capitalize on one of the set pieces..Their attack is better than Germany though, but since neymar is out im not sure it is any more.If Germany can prevent set piece goals which they have defended pretty good so far then i think Germany can win it.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Brazil will have Luis Gustavo back, though, who will stabilize them defensively.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Ganso wrote:I dont know where this internet logic of us not deserving to be in the semifinal is coming from.we were overall better than chile, we destroyed Colombia today in the first half and ptb in the second.Germany have been just as bad as us, if not worse considering expectations.And to top it all off a lot of people are saying that the refs are carrying us Laughing

Neither team has been carried by anyone. They both very much deserve to be in the semis. Yes they had their tough moments but they had the wherewithal and mental resolve to overcome them which is anyway a sign of champions.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:40 pm

By the way, for those who consider Neymar out for Brazil a heavy loss (which it is, of course), many people seem to have already forgotten that Germany suffered a very similar loss just days before the World Cup with Marco Reus getting injured, who would likely have given the German attack the dimension it now lacks. Fortunately, Germany still managed to pull through until now - as for how Brazil can deal with Neymar's loss, we will have to wait and see.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Germany will probably still win this, but for me only because Silva and Neymar wont be there.

So dani what do you think will happen if Neymar is there because I think he will be there?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Neymar's injury is refs fault. He let every hard tackle go unpunished and Colombia got frustrated and they also did the same...really pathetic from the referee. If he had shown yellow card to those horrific fouls from the beginning im sure players would not be so confident tackling recklessly.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:48 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Germany will probably still win this, but for me only because Silva and Neymar wont be there.

So dani what do you think will happen if Neymar is there because I think he will be there?

scratch I don't really see how he could be there with a broken vertebra
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:52 pm

In a wheelchair, maybe?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Oh I didn't know the injury was that serious. I thought it was mainly mind games. I still feel Brazil will take this though. They will probably find just the right individual from somewhere to do the needful. Their spirit at this tournament seems very hard to beat.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I will single out all the clown Brazil haters if they win this match and abuse them to no end. Ruining my World Cup experience in GL :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Does David Luiz win player of the tournament if he scores another winner to put Brazil in the final? hmm

Does anyone else think Luiz would do a better job at CF than Fred or Jo? I mean..seriously!
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Gil wrote:Semi-Final: Brazil v Germany - Page 4 23Oscar-1

Step up and be the one to win Brazil their 6th on their own soil you piece of shit. Become the modern day version of Garrincha and forever cement your legacy in Brazilan and World Cup folklore.

Is that too much to ask? :facepalm:

Just two games of James-esque performances ffs.

Gil you beauty Proud EXACTLY what I was thinking. A return to the CAM position can do it. I believe. Pls Oscar pls Sad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Just because Neymar is injured, doesnt mean we will just give up. We have enough attacking talent to survive this German efficient team. Somehow we have to make sure that we score the first goal and we will be through. With Gustavo coming back, we will hold this clueless German attack and manage a narrow 1-0 win. Scholari has to play this smart, not saying cautious but smart, taking well into consideration the loss of Silva and Neymar.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:33 pm

But... but... Germany is supposed to hold Brazil to a 1:0 win, too!

I guess it will be 1:1 in the end and go to penalties. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:42 pm

I watched the highlights of all Germany games in this WC and I'm less pessimistic after that lol I think we can do it.

historically we do well against ze germans,21 games 12 wins 5 draws 4 losses.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:00 pm

No Neymar and Silva.

Germany got this.

Germany to advance.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm

How did the GL consensus go from "Germany are wrose than France" to "Germany will destroy Brazil"

I still believe in the Brazilian final Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:Where is this German hype coming from by the way? They've been shit in nearly every game since Portugal and this is against average teams.

At least Brazil have beaten two of the toughest teams in the tournament.

Imma back Gil up.

Germany's performance against France was just as bad, if not worse than Brazil's vs Mexico.

Brazil's first half yesturday was better than anything Germany have done this whole tournament vs 11 men.

Yet somehow, Brazil have been "crap" and Germany "efficient".

I don't disagree completely, however I'd have very much fancied our chances against Brazil even with Neymar and Thiago Silva.

fwiw last time we met (in a friendly...) there was a clearly visible difference in class, and that difference is still there regardless of form or game context. Neymar can easily be dealt with if he's made frustrated, we've shown that before.

Yes, it's a completely different situation with it being a semi and Brazil being the home team.
But it's not like Brazil have played like the home factor was giving them wings so far, and we are also typically a team that is up to tournament situations.

Basically, Brazil is an inferior team right now.
Doesn't mean they won't win or we should be HEAVILY favourited, mind you.

I dont think beating that Brazil is very relevant. That was at the formative stage of this Brazil, nowhere near the unity and knowledge of self. Also wasnt in Brazil and it wasnt the same Neymar, every day Neymar gets better.

I dont see Brazil as inferior at all, similar level.

But that really wasnt my point at all. My point was, I dont understand the criticism Brazil get for their performances in relation to others.

Last edited by The Franchise on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next