McAgger
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
29 posters

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by iftikhar Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Fahim89 wrote:No NO he is leaning in the shoecase!!! Bhai that's why i chose this picture!!  rofl 
***Phew*** :wub: 

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to make a second bid for Ben Davies after it emerged Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £10 million fee with Swansea City.

Rodgers is weighing up an improved offer for the Wales international after his opening £8m bid was rejected in what appears a straight battle between Liverpool and Spurs.

Swansea are understood to have agreed a deal in principle with Spurs for the left-back, who is set to be pulled out of Garry Monk’s squad for the friendly against Chivas Guadalajara in Milwaukee on Wednesday night.

But Davies is aware of Liverpool’s interest and would welcome the opportunity to speak with Rodgers if they match the Spurs bid.

Rodgers has turned to the 21-year-old after experiencing further difficulties in his protracted pursuit of Sevilla’s Alberto Moreno.

Sevilla want around £18m for Moreno and Davies is now Rodgers’s top target for a position that has proven problematic since his appointment.

Swansea are happy to sell Davies to Spurs as they believe it could assist in their bid to re-sign midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson but Liverpool’s growing interest has complicated matters.

Liverpool’s squad have arrived in Denmark ahead of their friendly with Brondby tonight and Rodgers is considering his next move.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...llion-fee.html
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Stoke close to signing Oussama Assaidi from Liverpool in a potential £7million deal
Stoke manager Mark Hughes finally strikes breakthrough in pursuit of Morocco international Oussama Assaidi and could complete the signing before the weekend

Mark Hughes is close to signing Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi in a deal worth a potential £7million.
Hughes, the Stoke manager, has finally struck a breakthrough in his pursuit of the Morocco international and could complete the signing before the weekend.
Stoke had been deterred by Liverpool's strict transfer fee but are close to agreeing a fee which will see them pay an initial £4.5million.
Hughes had turned to Norwich winger Nathan Redmond after growing frustrated in his attempt to bring Assaidi back to the Britannia Stadium, with the Championship club turning down a £3.5million bid.
But negotiations over Assaidi have resumed over the past 48 hours and Hughes expects to permanently sign the winger, who impressed on loan last season. Assaidi, 25, will become Stoke's fifth signing of the summer.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 pm

That's a great deal for Assaidi. Great bit of business.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:25 am

Indeed. Now it actually looks a great signing on our part. Paid 3m for him. He had slave wages that didn't matter at all. And now we're selling for more than double Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:39 am

Ok it's pretty clear from BR's post match presser that we are looking into an Attacker.

Rodgers: "It's looking at the players that can come in and add the goals and add to our game"

But surprisingly no one has any clue whatsoever scratch scratch scratch scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 am

Rodgers today says Agger will stay http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/PremierLeague/article4926908.ece

Proud

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 am

Twitter exploding on Zakaria Bakkali rumors. Conflict between an 8m euros or 3m euros fee.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:43 am

Wouldn't be an immediate solution another one for the future it seems!  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 am

Nishy wrote:Twitter exploding on Zakaria Bakkali rumors. Conflict between an 8m euros or 3m euros fee.

Don't want.

Sterling, Markovic, Ibe themselves are teenagers. Kent and Wilson are very very talented with the academy and look like they may just break through as well. Pointless.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 am

Fahim89 wrote:Wouldn't be an immediate solution another one for the future it seems!  hmm 

It's twitter, it doesn't matter.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Nishy wrote:Twitter exploding on Zakaria Bakkali rumors. Conflict between an 8m euros or 3m euros fee.

Don't want.

Sterling, Markovic, Ibe themselves are teenagers. Kent and Wilson are very very talented with the academy and look like they may just break through as well. Pointless.
Markovic is 20.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:53 am

Don't call me James wrote:Rodgers today says Agger will stay http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/PremierLeague/article4926908.ece

Proud

Unless the translation is wrong, he doesn't. He says that Agger is a great player who CAN have a future at LFC and that he has a contract with us, but makes no mention of whether he'll stay or not. It reads more like a manager leaving the door open in case a satisfactory bid does not arrive.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 am

RedOranje wrote:

Don't want.

Markovic is 20.

And that makes a difference how?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 am

RedOranje wrote:

Don't want.

Markovic is 20.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:16 am

RedOranje wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Wouldn't be an immediate solution another one for the future it seems!  hmm 

It's twitter, it doesn't matter.

That too  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:19 am

But then again. . .

Tottenham and Liverpool are chasing 18-year-old PSV winger Zakaria Bakkali. [Gary Jacob, Times]

A little more reliable
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 am

RedOranje wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Markovic is 20.

RedOranje wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Markovic is 20.

I guess the point I was making went over your head.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 am

Tottenham have had a £10m bid accepted for Ben Davies but Liverpool will match it and are confident Davies will choose Anfield. (Dom King - Mirror)
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:22 am

RedOranje wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Markovic is 20.

Ibe-18
Sterling-19
Lazar-20

Bakkali is also 18, he is not 17 or 21 hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 am

RedOranje wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Markovic is 20.

RedOranje wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Markovic is 20.

I guess the point I was making went over your head.
It really didn't. But it's worth getting the facts correct to lend credence to your point. I was simply attempting to help out with that by pointing out a typo.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:57 am

More links with Lacazette coming out. Would be content with getting him. Versatile, young and a somewhat proven scorer at a high level as well as at every level for the NT.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:55 am

Fahim89 wrote:But then again. . .

Tottenham and Liverpool are chasing 18-year-old PSV winger Zakaria Bakkali. [Gary Jacob, Times]

A little more reliable

Hope not. :S

Definitely has potential but he's currently at the same level as Ibe...

Fahim89 wrote:Ok it's pretty clear from BR's post match presser that we are looking into an Attacker.

Rodgers: "It's looking at the players that can come in and add the goals and add to our game"

But surprisingly no one has any clue whatsoever scratch scratch scratch scratch

I'm really wondering how this whole committee works. Won't be surprised if we buy another "pacey" player that has little to no creativity or another kid and hope he becomes a wonderkid for a higher future resale fee. Seriously. We just finished second. Teams were scared of us last season. They're going to be more cautious whilst playing against us and try and hit us on the counter this coming season; just like how teams set up under Rafa. We don't have Suarez to be our X factor anymore and give us the advantage over other teams. How are we going to set up? Do we try and hit teams that play on the counter with all the pace on our counter? That ain't going to work. No good how "genius" Rodgers is tactically. You can't counter a team that plays with 8-9 men behind the ball. We only really have Coutinho as a playmaker, who's still not consistent as he's still young and developing, Gerrard is getting passed it, speaking of Gerrard, we struggled to break teams down with Alonso AND Gerrard both in their primes back in the hey day, but Coutinho surely has this, and Lallana isn't a playmaker yet he'll probably play as our 10 alongside and/or rotated with our Brazilian maestro...  

Moving onto our defence and that's still pretty shitty and by pretty shitty, I mean it's really REALLY ordinary (you can probably argue we need 2 new fullbacks and a new CB to compliment Sakho), we have no real defensive cover from midfield, it's pretty much just Henderson and I guess Can now but they'll probably just be rotated. But an attacker would help, most definitely. Especially a kid that's still hasn't found any real consistent in the Eredivisie yet. This seasons going to be really really fun. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Agreed, Should nurture Ibe rather than signing another young winger with a shit attitude.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 pm

@RA that can be discussed more neatly in the other thread, I guess.

If we dont get any genuine top player in this window, we might not sign anyone. That is surely better than signing someone just for the sake of signing an attacking player. Let's see which name comes up now.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Red Alert is not wrong with what he says there.

I definitely agree that the next signing cannot be just another teenage wonderkid who is gonna take 7 years to get to where we want. We all know Suarez's X factor is gone and even with him at times we struggled to break down parked buses last season. I fully expect more teams to park on us. Sterling's and Lazar's pace will be useless if we're just knocking the ball around their 18 yard box trying to squeeze a throughball or a shot.

We need another X-factor which is why most of us want a WC signing. Reus Proud . But that's far fetched. Even if not WC the next attacking signing has to be a creative outlet. Someone who can create chances against all the odds with 11 men in front of them squeezing every inch of space out. Coutinho has this. Lallana might have it. Sterling, Lazar, Ibe might get it in the future more consistently. But we need it now. Creating chances doesn't just mean providing assists and putting throughballs in. Smart off the ball movement, intelligent one touch passing, deadly passing instincts, understanding your teammates strengths etc. Another all around attacker basically. Not someone like Remy or Bony who will just play back up to Studger and need to be fed instead of having the ability to create.

But having said that, a better back up to Sturridge than Fabio won't be too bad. But only after the x-factor is taken care of.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next