Chumlum
6unner
Sina
Sri
Jay29
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:19 am

Finally we can breath easily, welcome Sanchez. Proud :bow: 
I was wearing my Arsenal shirt today and was biking home so many people would scream Sanchez, I just had the biggest smile on my face and was just so proud. Cool 

RG please no more threads, where is Mathieu Debuchy? Laughing

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 am

smh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 am

Spoiler:

Alexis Sanchez - All 47 Goals with FC Barcelona 2011-2014:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:17 am

I had a bunch of real life stuff to do this afternoon & evening, but in a way that only made it better because every ten minutes or so I'd think to myself, "Oh yeah, Alexis Sanchez!" And it would be like I found out all over again. Still can't believe it. Buzzing.

In a way it makes the Özil signing seem complete, too ... like that one wasn't in a vacuum.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:29 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal - Page 3 BsNGlXZCIAANHWW

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
Laughing

Excellent signing. Still a massive talent and I believe Sanchez can still learn a lot at Arsenal and still grow as a player.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:59 am

Excellent signing for you guys. I wish him and your club all the best this season. You lot 100% deserve it

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:16 am

If he was going to go anywhere I'm glad it's arsenal tbh, he's a great signing for you guys sadly we picked suarez over him Sad hope both our transfers work out for the better.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:00 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:I just clicked on my facebook page before I came here, and I saw Sanchez in the Puma Kit and I nearly fell out of my chair

rofl 

This is such an amazing signing I really couldn't believe it.

We have gone back to the days where we attract and buy the best players in the world again  banana 
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:55 am

Excellent piece with stats from 7amkickoff :

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/07/arsenal-sign-sanchez-by-the-numbers/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:58 am

Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal - Page 3 Untitl11

Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal - Page 3 Untitl12

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:40 am

More pics of him in the Arsenal kit here:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140710/pictures-alexis-sanchez-in-his-puma-kit

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:07 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140711/video-alexis-sanchez-s-first-interview

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Sanchez: "It was Fabregas who recommended me to join Arsenal."

Cesc.Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15118/9377365/premier-league-new-signing-alexis-sanchez-will-bring-goals-assists-pace-and-versatility-to-this-arsenal-team

Sanchez is a threat in behind as Per Mertesacker can attest after facing him at international level. “You cannot catch him,” the German defender told Arsenal’s website in March. “It's unbelievable how quick and how good with his feet he is. If you get one against one with him, it's nearly impossible.”

The signing of a big-name player for a huge fee can have an impact on the dressing room dynamics but Wenger surely has little to fear with Sanchez. The Chilean is notoriously shy off the field with an impressive work ethic on it. Former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola spoke of how Sanchez ‘stole his heart’ after one particularly gutsy display against Real Madrid in 2012, adding: “He sacrificed himself a lot. He is a very humble person.” Humble was also the word also used to describe Sanchez by the late Tito Vilanova after the player surprisingly gave himself a 5/10 rating for his contribution. Antics leading to unrest at Colney would seem unlikely.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:02 pm

In an interview with Sport published on Monday, Alexis Sánchez shared a story about Alfonso, a rabbit found down the road a couple of months ago, now adopted by the Chilean player. His grilfriend, Laia, posted a picture of Alfonso on her ​​Instagram account.

Alexis explained in the interview how he found the animal: “A few months ago I was coming home with my mom. We saw a rabbit on the street. It’s an area visited by wild boars looking for food. We saw the rabbit and my brother and I went out to find where he was. We were looking for this rabbit for half an hour, but it was a good training for us. Finally, I covered the animal with a towel and now I have Alfonso in my house. More than once I’ve returned back home before training because I forgot to feed the rabbit .”

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/offside/offside-alexis-rabbit-alfonso/#ixzz37AVdu4tT

DAT HUMILITY Proud DAT COMPASSION Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Arsenal.com asked some terrible questions to Sanchez

"Did you follow the club’s fortunes last season - and particularly the FA Cup final win?"

"How important was the signing of Mesut Ozil last year in the way Arsenal are viewed around Europe?"

"With Ozil, yourself and the rest of the squad, how confident are you that Arsenal can challenge for the Premier League title?"

"What about the league title? Is it possible to win it?"

Laughing :facepalm:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 pm

^Thought as much. His responses were equally lol worthy to some of that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Yeah, they were pretty robotic, I think they asked him the league question twice when he answered vaguely the first time lmao.

Should have asked him if Alfonso the rabbit can play rightback.

Fabregas: Can I come back?

Wenger: Özil kinda took your place.

Fabregas: Oh.

Wenger: Do you have Sanchez's number? Asking for a mate.

Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Alfonso :bow: :bow:

Gunnerausaurus has company now Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:43 am

poll about Alexis position
http://www.arsenal.com/fansforum
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:37 am

4-4-2. Make him our Aguero alongside Giroud who will handle the nastier biz of being a CF in England.

Not every match but I think that it makes us much more dangerous to have the option of switching to a more direct style of play with 4-4-2.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 am

MJGunner wrote:4-4-2. Make him our Aguero alongside Giroud who will handle the nastier biz of being a CF in England.

Not every match but I think that it makes us much more dangerous to have the option of switching to a more direct style of play with 4-4-2.

so 4-2-2-2 with Khedira as Fernadinho, Ramsey as Toure, Santi as Nasri and Ozil as Silva ? Think Wenger loves the wings too much to go with that system
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Official: Alexis Sanchez joins Arsenal - Page 3 AbHg05yadh

Lop sided 4-2-2-2 with Alexis in Cazorla role

when in possession having freedom to come infield and having runners in front him but also running in behind when the chance is On(something Cazorla cant offer in that Role

when not in possession Alexis and Theo dropping back Defending Flanks and CF-mesut pressuring Cbs

Alexis Central=potentialy Destructive-Exciting  :bow: [but not up front or as a pure mover]
Alexis wide=wasted-Limited  smoking
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:01 am

Ideally, a 4-2-3-1 would be best IMO, with Walcott & Sanchez as the first choice wide players ... or one of them up top if/when the Boss deems fit.

If not a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, I'd rather see a "narrow" 4-3-1-2 formation, with midfield and attack something like

Ramsey - "DM" - Wilshere/Rosicky
Özil
Sanchez/Walcott - Giroud

That's not ideal. But at the same time, we have so many "wide" players who naturally drift central, that maybe it's worth thinking about trying to focus on what our squad members are gifted at. Nothing intrinsically wrong with 4-4-2, it's just that the formation won't ever get the best out of Özil, and I think the team should be built around him if it's even remotely built around anyone.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 am

4312 does seem to make sense in terms of getting the best out of Sanchez and Ozil.. but I can't see Wenger going for it..

But... Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsey operating in free flowing central midfield roles could be orgasmic.. With Sanchez and Walcott/Giroud offering width up front. Khedira certainly wouldn't work though.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next