dmize
McAgger
LeSwagg James
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
24 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Pretty damn sure they would move him as part of any trade for a significant star to join Lebron anyway.

He seems to be the odd one out in all of this.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Don't call me James wrote:who does he think he'll start over? Kyrie? Wiggins? LeBRon? rofl

In his mind he thinks LeBrons there to be his sidekick
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:The salary cap is supposed to increase to around $83million or so in 2016, mostly because of the new TV deal. Which is one reason why the Bosh contract isn't so bad.

The year by year money isnt so bad, but 5 years? He isnt a max player now, but he certainly wont be one in 3 years from now.

In 2016, his contract won't be a "max contract" so to speak(I stand corrected). Besides, there was no point stashing unused money when some of the better FA's we could have gotten had already moved before Lebron made his decision(Gortat, etc). I have no problem with Bosh being rewarded with this much money. I just expect him to step up now and produce better and I have faith that he will, considering he's going to be our best player and #1 option.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm

OK but near max or anything really really above the 10m mark.

He is going to be 33, 34 and 35 earning what? 18m? 20? Does the Heat have an option to opt out at any point? He isnt Dirk, Kobe or Wade or someone you are obligated to reward.

Even next season, I dont think its even realistic to believe he going to put up max player numbers. He put up 23ppg for 7 games without Lebron and he going to need to do that over a whole season and do so with considerably more than 6 rebounds a game.

Overall I just dont see why 5 years was necessary. Could of easily just done 2 and then reassess the situation.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:14 pm

Mike Miller to Cavs on a 2-year 5.5m$ deal
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:00 am

The Franchise wrote:OK but near max or anything really really above the 10m mark.

He is going to be 33, 34 and 35 earning what? 18m? 20? Does the Heat have an option to opt out at any point? He isnt Dirk, Kobe or Wade or someone you are obligated to reward.

Even next season, I dont think its even realistic to believe he going to put up max player numbers. He put up 23ppg for 7 games without Lebron and he going to need to do that over a whole season and do so with considerably more than 6 rebounds a game.

Overall I just dont see why 5 years was necessary. Could of easily just done 2 and then reassess the situation.

If Miami doesn't give him the 5th year and extra money he was off to Houston. Maybe they panicked and gave him the extra money but the 5th year was a must.

Of the big 3, his game relies the least on athleticism imo. He'll definitely be overpaid year 4 and 5 but he should still be a very good player.

He's going to have to put up something like 21-22 and 8 though for the Heat to have a shot of getting out of the East this season, which I think he can.

Also Wade took a 2 year 34m deal with a player opt in for the 3rd year. Besides Bosh and Napier they will have no one on the cap for 2016. So they are in pretty good shape for then.

edit: forgot about McBob who'll have 2 years left in 2016 but that's only about 6m.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:39 am

Yes, I do believe thats what happened. They gave him that because he was off to Houston. I dont really know why they are desperate to keep a competitive team in the first place.

Why are going to be paying the tax for a 1st round playoff exit at this rate?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 am

Lance to Charlotte 27m over 3 years (3rd year a team option)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:09 pm

He is underpaid, but he will be underpaid no matter what because every team is going to use his antics to drive his price down.

Kemba/Lance/MKG/Voleh/Big Al

Neal/Henderson/Williams/Zeller/Bismack

Not bad.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 pm

We probably didn't even bid, even though he offers everything we need. Guess Mitch doesn't like his antics and think he didn't fit in with the other personalities on the team. Would have loved a player of his talent and ability on the team, especially for that ridiculous low price considering the market.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:18 pm

I think Kobe would have loved him. All he cares about, is players who care enough about winning.

Hornets done a good deal here, very low risk at that price and with an out after just 2 years.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think Kobe would have loved him. All he cares about, is players who care enough about winning.

Hornets done a good deal here, very low risk at that price and with an out after just 2 years.

Yeah Kobe would have no loved him no doubt, but I guess he's not involved in the progress. And the contract would be perfect if they really wanted to give Kobe another run at a title, since Lance is probably the best player for reasonable money. And he doesn't take up too much cap room for the '16 FA Class, while still being able to sign a max next summer.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Nah, he isnt. Just like he isnt with all the coaching moves.

I find it so odd they were willing to get Artest but not Lance based on craziness, but I think your right, thats the reason.

Its not like Lance is a older player, he is 23-24, when Kobe is gone, he would theoretically still be around.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 pm

At the moment Kobe's contract just seems like a benefit contract, for staying with the team and possibly draw attendance to the games, so they can rebuild the team without losing too much money. Because they're really not giving Kobe an optimal option to compete.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:04 pm

The Franchise wrote:He is underpaid, but he will be underpaid no matter what because every team is going to use his antics to drive his price down.

Not bad.

Nah this is wrong. Apart from the Cavs, what team in the East improved a lot?

The Pacers are probably favorites in the East but they were in shambles towards the end of the season and now they're losing Lance. Knicks are Knicks. Nets are gonna be pretty much about the same thing. Bulls did improve a little by signing Gasol, I'll admit but that's pretty much it in the East.

Miami can comfortably make the 2nd round and once you're there, who says you can't make the conference finals? One thing is for sure, I guarantee you there's no way this team is getting knocked out in the first round. That's not happening.

I don't think you realize that this isn't the West.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Bulls have improved a lot, its not just Gasol. Adding McDermott and Mirotic what ever you think of them add an offensive punch they didn't have before.

Knicks will be better IMO, Calderon is miles better than Felton lol.

Wizards will be better IMO, they lost Ariza yeah but adding Pierce to that team with Beal, Wall, Nene and Gortat makes them a threat in the East.

Atlanta have Horford coming back, they were a 3 seed before his injury.

Lebron going to the Cavs shakes up the entire conference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
The Franchise wrote:He is underpaid, but he will be underpaid no matter what because every team is going to use his antics to drive his price down.

Not bad.

Nah this is wrong. Apart from the Cavs, what team in the East improved a lot?

The Pacers are probably favorites in the East but they were in shambles towards the end of the season and now they're losing Lance. Knicks are Knicks. Nets are gonna be pretty much about the same thing. Bulls did improve a little by signing Gasol, I'll admit but that's pretty much it in the East.

Miami can comfortably make the 2nd round and once you're there, who says you can't make the conference finals? One thing is for sure, I guarantee you there's no way this team is getting knocked out in the first round. That's not happening.

I don't think you realize that this isn't the West.

Im guessing you wanted to quote something else.

Of course they can get knocked out the first round.

The Bulls will be better, on paper they are better than Miami and I expect on the court they will be too. In a series, I think they would beat the Heat even without Rose. Too big inside.

Pacers will probably replace Lance, we will see, its early. But right now you have to believe they would be favoured vs the Heat.

The Cavs would beat the Heat simply because of Lebron.

The Knicks will have the triangle, a shared offence with Melo staying. Similar level team if they are what I imagine.

Nets are dependant on Lopez, we will leave them out of it.

If the Bobcats have a healthy Big Al, again its a close series.

It can happen, dont be niave.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Didnt even mention the Wizards..them too.

What makes you think broken Wade and Bosh is better than all these I dont know lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Still think there's gonna be a lot of changes between now and when the season starts.

I especially expect the Pacers to do something, all this analysis of what teams currently are will end up looking outdated when it all starts.

Anyway been watching some summer league and i really really like TJ Warren, dude can really score and considering the Suns relatively weak front court he'll recieve significant minutes from the get go.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Wizards just added Durant's high school coach as as a player development assistant coach.. Stephen A, who was right about Cleveland, said people close to Durant told him that if he ever leaves OKC he's going to Washington

He's going home Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lance to Charlotte 27m over 3 years (3rd year a team option)

Great deal for Charlotte. I always thought that was the best spot for him in FA.

That all-NYC backcourt :bow:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I don't think they are over the cap as of right now, but I could be wrong.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:49 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 7 UGENOuJ

rofl
twitter GOAT already
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:54 pm

:bow:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I don't think they are over the cap as of right now, but I could be wrong.

The Heat have a just over 67m, the cap for them (because they using their mid and Bi) is 63. The Luxury tax is 77 so they dont have to pay that (or repeat offenders tax which they paid the last 3)

I could be wrong on this somewhere (the cap) because im no expert on this. But I think the overall point im making is I really dont get why the Heat are hanging on to this false hope and committing long term salaries.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Great vid Mole, despite being similar age there was only like a 1-2 year overlap in each of Kidd and Nash's prime and this was one of the meetings.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next