McAgger
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
Casciavit
88 posters

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 25 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Sat 26 Jul - 22:37:29

stop acting like a noob donuts, as long as a team is successful, shirts will sell and the player will eventually pay back at least 50-75 % of their transfer but hey lets act only the silly madrid think this :facepalm:

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 25 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by nasir6371 Sat 26 Jul - 22:47:33

Thing is Real Madrid does not have to justify anything, they have debt less than 100m euros. Selling off Di Maria will pay for the majority of the transfer fee. James will save them money on wages as well, along with being allot more marketable with women and the average fan. James dives less so fans won't be turned off by him as well.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat 26 Jul - 23:04:34

no one is making fun of them for their dept or overspending just that they think shirt sales will makeup for the player itself which is dumb

those yearly shirt sale stat you guys keep bringing up wont even cover half his YEARLY wages let alone his transfer fee so stop acting like it'll make a big difference, or let alone that Madrid are the only team that sells shirts
it's such an insignificant comment that it's laughable thats why it's brought up.
also lol at some people thinking 100% of the shirt sale is going to Madrid.. it doesn't work that way.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 26 Jul - 23:17:15

chad4401 wrote:stop acting like a noob donuts, as long as a team is successful, shirts will sell and the player will eventually pay back at least 50-75 % of their transfer but hey lets act only the silly madrid think this :facepalm:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun 27 Jul - 1:58:42

^^^ so you saying cr didn't bc?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Sun 27 Jul - 2:42:43

Does this mean Benzema is out the door?

Not gonna lie, I do like glamor signings like this, gives me a reason to watch Madrid. James might be better then Benzema as a CF with Ronaldo and Bale.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 27 Jul - 3:02:36

Nah, I think he'll most likely play in midfield. Benzema apparently signed a new contract recently as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun 27 Jul - 3:13:13

Why would people have to soothe themselves with shirt signings? Rodriguez is an incredible player and RM have the money to buy him. Nothing to be worried about.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun 27 Jul - 3:36:02

UnitedInRed wrote:Does this mean Benzema is out the door?

Not gonna lie, I do like glamor signings like this, gives me a reason to watch Madrid. James might be better then Benzema as a CF with Ronaldo and Bale.

rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun 27 Jul - 6:28:06

Why does this signing need to be justified?
We have soooo much money... It can be spent however we please... Btw, Ancelotti has already said James and Kroos will simply add to squad depth
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 13 Aug - 23:40:25

After signing James to madrid, Floper's construction company signed a 700 millions euros deal for some job in colombia with gvt rofl

shirt sales rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu 14 Aug - 0:07:45

wow what are the chances? flo buys the Colombian golden boy and then get a 700mil contract for his business from Colombia hmm... nah james is second coming of jesus ffs rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu 14 Aug - 4:48:05

Mr Nick09 wrote:After signing James to madrid, Floper's construction company signed a 700 millions euros deal for some job in colombia with gvt rofl

shirt sales rofl

Laughing 
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu 14 Aug - 5:01:33

teamanarchy wrote:Why does this signing need to be justified?
We have soooo much money... It can be spent however we please... Btw, Ancelotti has already said James and Kroos will simply add to squad depth

Because it creates a volatile and inflated market that makes it harder and harder for other clubs. Making football less competitive and thus less enjoyable.

Greed and subsequent corruption generally ruins everything... In football that corruption machine is funded by Fanboys and oil money and will be the death of football. Stifling genuine talent on the bench with false promises of game time.

I agree that if a club has money that they are entitled to spend it as they wish to be as competitive as possible, but many top clubs prove time and time again that the way they maintain their elite status is from dodgy deals and friends in high places. This includes Real Madrid.

I say bring on more FFP involvement, tougher penalties and kick corruption out of football. The more transparency the better. It's a hard task though.

I don't know how Real Madrid do it (afford these ridiculous salaries and fees) - flo's side businesses clearly have a lot to do with it.

Cities tactic for example is to hire expensive DeLoittes accountants to figure out ways to cheat the system.
The way they get around FFP regulations is to do things like sell "Intellectual Property" (ha!), and now they are building an empire by having clubs all over the world from New York to Melbourne.. effectively a form of money laundering.

What Real Madrid do I do not know - the TV rights issue is one obvious strategy, obviously they have a lot more genuine and legitimate commercial revenue streams than City, but they are just as dodgy.

EDIT: Seems like their relationship with the Madrid Council doesn't hurt either http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/22037966

Also, sorry to go on a tangent and I kind of went off topic, but this is the reason why I get annoyed by these luxury signings.

Maybe Arsenals hands aren't clean either but when we have a manager who is the only high ranking club member in Europe who seems to speak out against corruption in football and as someone who believes in good responsible business ethics it gives me great confidence.

Sorry I should also add - you do get some who speak out against corruption, like Mou on refs, but many seem to only speak out when it doesn't suit them - but he might struggle to be drawn into discussions over phone tapping etc. Whereas Arsene appears to practice what he preaches.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu 14 Aug - 14:18:13

:'(
My club can't compete with Real Madrid's financial power
Aah Nooo... I'm so jealous. How do I express my feelings?

Yes... yes, that's it! I will claim that they're a disgrace and that their actions are immoral!
We can't win titles, but at least we don't break the rules.
We don't buy superstars, but at least we don't spend a lot.

That's slave morality if I ever saw it.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu 14 Aug - 22:31:23

teamanarchy wrote:Why does this signing need to be justified?

dat arrogance  Shocked 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 14 Aug - 23:05:23

Nothing to do with "side businesses" or "corruption".  Real Madrid is not a privately owned entity...  it's a public entity.  As such, the president and board must spend/invest every penny that the club generates.  When your revenues exceed 500 million a year, that's a lot of cheese.  In privately held clubs, the owner has no such responsibility on an annual basis. In fact, most private owners just go ahead and line their pockets with the excess, which is perfectly fine.

That's why Madrid spend as much they do.  We've already budgeted a new stadium, already recently built new training facilities, even built a hotel for the players right next to the stadium so they can stay there the night before games...  we've literally run out of things to spend money on lol.  Flo can't give to charity or other endeavors more than the club parameters allow either... so he has to keep spending on the brand.  And the easiest way to expand the brand is to invest in the main assets of a football team:  the players.

It's pretty simple when you think about it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri 15 Aug - 13:51:33

I'm unsure what the fact they are public has to do with anything.. I don't understand the relevance or how that in any way renders them devoid of.. dodgy business practice.

I don't see how you can ignore the fact that some of these revenue streams that generate that "500m a year" seems pretty dodgy.. their unfair TV rights (along with Barca) being a glaringly obvious one that I have already mentioned.

If Real have such a surplus to blow on frivolous assets like this hotel (which is disgusting given the current climate in Spain) then maybe the Spanish FA + government should hurry the ef up and make the TV rights more equitable which will surely only benefit the league as a whole.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 15 Aug - 13:59:14

It is a big factor...  as a public entity, you must invest everything that you make either immediately of have it be part of a project that is planned.  You can't sit on cash or distribute it to your shareholders.  

And what are you calling dodgy?  The media rights laws for La Liga are not made up by Madrid...  it is voted on by all La Liga clubs and Madrid only get one vote.  Blame the league if you have a problem with it, not Madrid.  The government of Spain has no involvement in the running of football as they have no jurisdiction over it (as in all countries).  It's the LFP of Spain, who is comprised and voted for by the clubs.  

And Real Madrid are not a charity.  They're an institution.  They can spend their money however they want to within their internal mandate.  They have no responsibility other than what's in the bylaws of the club.

This isn't communism ffs Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri 15 Aug - 14:05:11

teamanarchy wrote::'(
My club can't compete with Real Madrid's financial power
Aah Nooo... I'm so jealous. How do I express my feelings?

Yes... yes, that's it! I will claim that they're a disgrace and that their actions are immoral!
We can't win titles, but at least we don't break the rules.
We don't buy superstars, but at least we don't spend a lot.

That's slave morality if I ever saw it.

Laughing  scratch 

Yes.. your lack of humility suggests it escapes yourself.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri 15 Aug - 14:12:38

sportsczy wrote:It is a big factor...  as a public entity, you must invest everything that you make either immediately of have it be part of a project that is planned.  You can't sit on cash or distribute it to your shareholders.  

And what are you calling dodgy?  The media rights laws for La Liga are not made up by Madrid...  it is voted on by all La Liga clubs and Madrid only get one vote.  Blame the league if you have a problem with it, not Madrid.  The government of Spain has no involvement in the running of football as they have no jurisdiction over it (as in all countries).  It's the LFP of Spain, who is comprised and voted for by the clubs.  

And Real Madrid are not a charity.  They're an institution.  They can spend their money however they want to within their internal mandate.  They have no responsibility other than what's in the bylaws of the club.

This isn't communism ffs Laughing

I understand all this.. But again I ask you.. how does this any anyway detract from Madrids ability to generate revenue by way of dodgy business practice...

Forgive me because as a La Liga fan you probably know more about this than me.. but there must be more to it if TV rights are "voted on by all La Liga clubs and Madrid only get one vote." .. Unless you expect me to believe that Atletico/Sevilla/Valencia/Villareal receive about 80% less than what Barca and Real do, and are totally fine with it.

just to add, I presume you don't really mean they "have no responsibility other than whats in the bylaws of the club"...

I also don't see how the Spanish Government have no involvement or say in football, given its a market operating within their economy.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri 15 Aug - 14:48:14

I don't care if Perez spends a gazillion every summer. what i care is how he spends it. spend 80M on someone who can actually improve our team ffs.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 15 Aug - 15:03:37

WHAT DODGY BUSINESS PRACTICE??? ffs Laughing

You keep mentioning this and there's absolutely nothing dodgy about how Madrid operates. Point to something specific so that i can respond at least.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri 15 Aug - 15:25:53

I don't know why you are so bemused by my comments... As if I am the first person to ever accuse Madrid of shady deals. As if Spain doesn't have a massive issue with political corruption which one would think would naturally spill over into football.

Anyway, I digress - if you want specifics, I already referred to the property deal with Madrid City Council - this wouldn't be the first time of murmurings over Madrid receiving state aid.. Real's been accused of that since Franco's era.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/22037966
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-22024669

Have a read:
http://www.helpcatalonia.cat/2013/07/a-country-spain-at-service-of-football.html

The fact that no ones getting prosecuted doesn't mean its doesn't exist.. its kind of the idea not to get caught. It's not that easy to launch an investigation into these things.

But hey if you don't think that all these "benefits" Madrid seem to get (such as TV rights) indicate systematic corruption in the LFP then I can't argue with that..

Might want to read this and consider whether or not the government do have a say in Real Madrids revenue streams;
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-10/real-madrid-barcelona-will-have-tv-revenue-limited-by-law.html
http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUKTRE72M8OG20110323

Government tried to impose legislation that would make the television rights more equitable in the past, unsurprisingly the LFP threatened a strike. So why are the LFP, who supposedly act in the interest of spanish football, so interested in keeping Barca and Madrids TV rights the way they are?

Last edited by Peccadillo on Fri 15 Aug - 15:44:18; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri 15 Aug - 15:35:04

Lol at all the Madrid hate because we're wealthy. That's usually what happens to successful clubs mate.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 15 Aug - 15:45:09

Yeah... i'm going to rely on helpcatalonia.com to give an unbiased and factual story on Madrid.

And the investigation is on property sold to Real Madrid in the late 90s that, 15 years later, is worth 5x. Well the issues they're going to find are this: 1) once the property was sold to Real Madrid, the value of all surrounding property went up 2x just because people knew that improvements were going to be made to the neighborhood. Similar to what happens in the US when a sports team buys land in urban areas. 2) Real estate in the major European capitals have boomed since the late 90s. I'm in real estate. Just as an example, Paris property has gone up at minimum 3x and sometimes 10x over this period.

It's a witch hunt.

In the US at least.... cities often sell land at highly discounted prices to entities they feel will revive the area. It's often done with "development agreements", where the city requires the entity to develop and invest in exchange for the favorable sale. It's extremely common.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next