McAgger
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
Casciavit
88 posters

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 26 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Yeah... i'm going to rely on helpcatalonia.com to give an unbiased and factual story on Madrid.

And the investigation is on property sold to Real Madrid in the late 90s that, 15 years later, is worth 5x. Well the issues they're going to find are this: 1) once the property was sold to Real Madrid, the value of all surrounding property went up 2x just because people knew that improvements were going to be made to the neighborhood. Similar to what happens in the US when a sports team buys land in urban areas. 2) Real estate in the major European capitals have boomed since the late 90s. I'm in real estate. Just as an example, Paris property has gone up at minimum 3x and sometimes 10x over this period.

It's a witch hunt.

In the US at least.... cities often sell land at highly discounted prices to entities they feel will revive the area. It's often done with "development agreements", where the city requires the entity to develop and invest in exchange for the favorable sale. It's extremely common.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 26 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by Peccadillo Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Manchester United and Bayern Munich are also highly successful football clubs.

Yet we don't seem to hear of any allegations of grand scale corruption.. a few murmurs of match fixing of course, but that's a completely different ball game and there is far less evidence to support it.

Why the "witch hunt" on Real?

sports... the property is worth 50X the purchase. Not 5X - sorry but whether or not you work in RE, neither you or I have the full details. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Last edited by Peccadillo on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:57 pm

helpcatalonia.com rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:04 pm

OK look this is getting out of hand and I am derailing the thread. Naive of me to think that it wouldn't invoke this kind of reaction.

I've said my piece on this.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:09 pm

50x is possible too... it just depends on how underdeveloped/undesirable the property was. There are some places that you couldn't give away in downtown Los Angeles in the early 90s... but with the reinvigoration that came as a result of LA Live and the Staples Center, it's gone through the roof. Cleaned up crime, added commerce and shopping, attracted investors... as a result, you have multi-million dollar condos being sold when you only had run down apartments before.

So unless there's a report of what the real estate was prior to it being sold to Real Madrid and its evolution since... you don't know a thing.

And really, this real estate has little to no impact on Real Madrid's financial standing today. Its 500 million of revenue a year are not being generated from that real estate deal... So i don't even really see the relevance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:19 pm

James having a very good season all things considered. He is playing very well, moving the ball with a lot of intelligence and accuracy. He certainly belong at the level we play at. It's still early but he is having a very good start
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:23 pm

In the last 3rd he is way better than Di Maria. Defensively he isn't a liability but could do better. He's much better on the right than on the left and has a genius touch on him. He's playing with much more confidence than in September and august and he'll get only better.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 pm

rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Shocked http://www.gfycat.com/AdorableConstantAcornwoodpecker
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Living up to DAT transfer fee Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Absolute gem of a player. So glad we got him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 pm

I remember about the debate about Sneijder vs James WC performance.

James on course to surpass Sneider's Madrid career stats in 1/3 of the amount of games (23 vs 66 games) Proud

Both 23yo when they played for Madrid.
James in 23 games: 9 goals and 8 assist
Sneider in 66 games: 11 goals and 11 assist
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Sneijder is a fraud but the latter was playing in a much weaker team.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 am

Gil wrote:Sneijder is a fraud but the latter was playing in a much weaker team.

there was nothing fraudulent  about that 2009-2010 season.

too bad he never reached that level again .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:09 pm

i don't think james surpassing sneijder's madrid numbers is a big deal, not necessarily worth a comparison.....in fairness to wesley, he started off well, hit a couple of free kicks and had a good first season, injuries mauled him and most of our dutch players in the second year, he got sold in the third, and his time at madrid has been largely forgotten.....and with respect to numbers, its tough to compare, the team in 08 is largely different from the one now, not just in terms of personnel but style of play....but yeah james surpassing wesley's madrid numbers is not anything particularly exciting or noteworthy, its not like sneijder was some legend or real madrid icon whose shit didn't stink
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Nailed on! Lol
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Sneijder's main problem was Madrid's night life lol

Anyway I guess we can comfortably put Di Maria with Ozil in the "Players the GOAT made look great" list.

James has slotted in with absolutely no issues and has done great.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Umm no. I think you might find that DiMaria is still doing great despite playing in an injury ravaged team who have been forced to play makeshift defence, midfield and attack due to injuries to key players in turns. I dont think they've ever played their strongest eleven yet. 3 goals and 6 assists so far with only 800 something minutes played with only Rooney as a competent striker. He has more key passes, through balls and of course assists, I shudder to think what he is capable of when they actually get to play a XI consistently. Please check that you've got your facts straight before throwing around nonsensical allegations

James is playing really well, been abit disappointing in the last couple of games but he has played non stop and needs a break. Isco on the other hand :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:49 pm

I know Angel is your boy Hala lol, I'm not saying he isn't a fantastic player (he is) just saying that Madrid are playing great without him which is a far cry from what people thought would happen. His influence on the team was basically the same as Ozil's.

James has been a joy to watch and is one of our best preformers right now plain and simple. I think losing Xabi was the biggest gamble but between James, Kroos, Modric and Isco I'd venture to say that Madrid's midfield has never been as elite as it currently is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:10 pm

I agree we are playing great without him. Just like we will be without anyone of our players. We are Real Madrid not Pathetico Proud

Tbf our whole team is playing great right now. I struggle to find a name of a player who isn't playing well besides Bale. Think Kroos and co have been very fortunate in that regard because last season it was the complete opposite.

The only obstacle we had was defending as a team which we are doing atm and hence it makes the midfielders jobs a little easier imo

I am loving the midfield of James/Modric/Kroos/Isco, it's got everything
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 pm

So good. :bow:

Better than Silva.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Some footballer bah gawd Molenation
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:49 pm

:coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:23 pm

People were mad at me when I said if Suarez had to go then doing a straight swap for James would not be bad for us.

Also, Sneijder is not a fraud. Fantastic player actually, but he is not comparable to James in playstyle anyway so yeah their production numbers shouldn't be compared.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:59 am

He can't score an ugly goal for God's sake.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:41 am

Was a beast today Shocked
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next