Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
Donuts
Onyx
97 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 19 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:47 pm

B-Mac wrote:Only 9 million more then Torres? Bargain imo

He shouldn't of even went for more than Ozil Laughing

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 19 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Eagerly awaiting the English translation of Di Maria's letter.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:52 pm

this is the Angel who is going to save Manchester United Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:52 pm

The price is no more a joke than Bale going for 90m.

Don't see anyone complaining about that.... Sometimes you have to overpay for quality you require.

That's what happened and if he's a success no one is going to care what the price is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:52 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv_FGnKIMAM2dxd.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv_FGerIAAE8nWx.jpg

via @RM_Insider
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Sad

Thank you for everything Di maria.

Marca saying 9 mill add on will take the deal to total of 84 mill.... More than what Suarez went for. Real are definitely getting falcao now.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Saw that translation, but the one on Marca said something about the WC in Spanish. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:59 pm

That's it? I expected a more detailed explanation on that letter... Disappointed..
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote: The price is no more a joke than Bale going for 90m.

Don't see anyone complaining about that.... Sometimes you have to overpay for quality you require.

That's what happened and if he's a success no one is going to care what the price is.

Bale's season at Tottenham was better than Di Maria's last season imo.. Plus he's a goal scorer which costs more :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Considering Bale wasn't the most important player in a CL winning team and the MOTM in the CL final at Spurs I disagree.

Besides it's not at all relevant to the point I was making.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:07 pm

The market values are increasing. Majority of top players aren't worth what they're being sold for imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

"I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United,” Di Maria told the club's official website.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Spain and there were a lot of clubs interested in me, but United is the only club that I would have left Real Madrid for.

"Louis van Gaal is a fantastic coach with a proven track record of success and I am impressed by the vision and determination everyone has to get this club back to the top – where it belongs.

“I now just cannot wait to get started."

Van Gaal was delighted to finally secure the Argentina international’s services and said his pace and dribbling ability will add a new dimension to United’s attack.

"Angel is a world-class midfielder but most importantly he is a team player,” Van Gaal said. “There is no doubting his immense natural talent.

"He is a tremendously fast and incisive left-footed player who puts fear into the most accomplished defence.

“His dribbling skills and his ability to take on and beat opponents are a joy to watch. He is an excellent addition to the team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9441613/transfer-news-manchester-united-sign-angel-di-maria-from-real-madrid

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Sad

Good luck ElFideo. He left on a high winning everything there is to win, and having the best year of his career, winning copa scoring in it, winning cl being motm in it, regarded as the player of the season by many and reaching the wc final with his country. He couldn't have asked for more

Once he is more settled in I expect him to blurt it all out. All eyes is on him now. Need that PR expert to get that letter done professionally Proud

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Di Maria is a genuine world class player. The price rag is absolutely deserved with regard to the level he is actually playing at. He has performed everywhere, at every level, against the best teams. you look at guys like bale, neymar, suarez, james, who recently moved for similar amount, and no way they compare.

So you choose to just look at the past 6 months and nothing prior to that... because he's been WC for the past 6 months only. He was ridiculously inconsistent and, frankly, regressing before that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:06 pm

F U Perez. I'm afraid next season we are going to sell Modric and sign Beyonce. who cares about football she is better looking and will sell more shirts.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:20 pm

B-Mac wrote:Only 9 million more then Torres? Bargain imo

ffffs we signed him bruv
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Di Maria is a genuine world class player. The price rag is absolutely deserved with regard to the level he is actually playing at. He has performed everywhere, at every level, against the best teams. you look at guys like bale, neymar, suarez, james, who recently moved for similar amount, and no way they compare.

So you choose to just look at the past 6 months and nothing prior to that... because he's been WC for the past 6 months only. He was ridiculously inconsistent and, frankly, regressing before that.
prior to the past 6 months he was a top winger, frustrating and inconsistent at times, but he was still a quality player. The guys i mentioned, if i look prior to the past 6 months, they werent doing any better.

I absolutely believe in players growing, and getting better in their primes, which is where Di Maria is at. He just figured it all out, somehow he controlled his madness. It helped that he changed position and was playing predominantly on the left side of the pitch, which suits him better because he doesnt have to cut in, and he can reach the byline and cross.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:37 pm

in the meantime, let's marvel at the fact that Utd are down 0:3 to a club named "MK Dons", no idea what that is.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:37 pm

We'll see. Di Maria can only play one way: B2B. He also no longer has Messi or CR7 to garner most of the attention and leave him room to operate. He's going to get a lot more focus now and he's going to have to make good decisions with the ball as a result since he will faces defenses that are geared to stopping him. Not sure he has the brain for it. But i like him and i hope he can adjust.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:39 pm

I agree Di Maria is a top player and I think questioning his price tag is quite silly, given the other transfers we seen recently.

However, I think you go too far to say those players "no way compare".
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:44 pm

sports trying to underrate di maria now that PSG didn't make a farce out of FFP looool
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:48 pm

#prayforangel
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Casciavit wrote:Van Gaal adapts to his team. It doesn't take a genius to see 4-3-1-2 suits them the best.

DDG
Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw
Ander NDJ/Blind Di Maria
Mata
RVP Roonay
4312s are tactically outdated. I don't think he can bring it back at the highest level.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Would need much better full backs for starters

Don't think 4-3-1-2 would work in the BPL at all especially with Mata the friendly ghost.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Why you say that?

I think it can work pretty well, but as a counter attacking team, not a pro-active one like Van Gaal would want.

Defences these days are so used to having a spare man at the back, playing 2 strikers and a 10 would throw them for a loop. You would have to forget about pressing and sit back, allow the opponents fullbacks time on the ball and try and exploit the space they leave.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:58 pm

4-3-1-2's similar to van Gaal's 5-2-1-2 imo, it's just an extra midfielder instead of a defender.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next