Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
Donuts
Onyx
97 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 20 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

4-3-1-2's similar to van Gaal's 5-2-1-2 imo, it's just an extra midfielder instead of a defender.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 20 Empty Re: NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:01 pm

I don't think United fans would accept that style at all tbh

The way I see it, is they'd end up trying to take the game to opponents as is their way, and get absolutely destroyed on the counter.

Not to mention a hell of a lot of their opponents have some serious pace on the flanks and as is the case with Juve, no matter how shit your opponents are they have plenty of opportunities to create a 2v1 against the lonely full back/wing back and go from there

As a plan B, or even the odd game in Europe it could be viable. But I don't see that 4-3-1-2 with this manager doing much for them. Maybe an improvement on this 3-5-2 abomination they're operating but really LVG will probably want to go to 4-3-3, which is what he apparantly wanted for the National team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm

B-Mac wrote:sports trying to underrate di maria now that PSG didn't make a farce out of FFP looool
PSG were never willing to pay more than 60 mil (maybe 65) and FFP had nothing to do with it.  Man U got him because they offered 83.  Di Maria got scared that Madrid might keep him and he caved into his PSG demand. It's that simple tbh.

And yes, it's absolutely right to question his transfer fee Laughing  Other than Madrid and Barca being stupid, this is the most expensive transfer in history... now think about that for a second Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Why you say that?

I think it can work pretty well, but as a counter attacking team, not a pro-active one like Van Gaal would want.

Defences these days are so used to having a spare man at the back, playing 2 strikers and a 10 would throw them for a loop. You would have to forget about pressing and sit back, allow the opponents fullbacks time on the ball and try and exploit the space they leave.
Because width is more important than ever and in a 4-3-1-2 that is simply too narrow to exist in. It also means to CFs who usually do less tracking back than is normally required by today's standards. And while it's true that defenses are now used to having a spare man at the back the 3 man defenses are making a comeback so perhaps it wouldn't give them that much of an edge.

Anyways, Di Maria's letter to Madridistas:

Di Maria wrote:An open Letter from Angel di María to all the Real Madrid fans,

My time at Real Madrid has come to an end. It's impossible, in just a few lines, to put all I have gained here, but this letter is my way of explaining how I'm feeling now that I'm bidding the club farewell. Over the four years I have had the honour of wearing this shirt, I have felt nothing but pride about everything that has happened and all I have achieved together with my teammates.

Sadly, now I have to go, but I want to make it clear that this was never my wish. I've always wanted to progress, as anyone else does in their job. I went to the World Cup after winning the 'Decima' with the hope of getting some signal from the Club Management, but it never came. Many things were said and many lies circulated. They always wanted to pin the idea of leaving the club on me, but that's not how it was. Unfortunately, my football isn't to someone's taste. The only thing I asked for was a fair deal. There are many things that I value and a lot of them have nothing to do with my salary. I hope to find them at Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, with which I'm hoping to make history.

I've been lucky enough to share a dressing room with some fantastic players, who have been even better teammates. I think that was the key to winning the Tenth Champions League. I want to apologise for the times I made mistakes, on or off the field. It was never my intention to do wrong by anyone. I sweated for this shirt every game as if it were the last. There were times when things went well, and times when they didn't, but what I can say is that I always gave it everything.

I want to thank Spain for everything it's given me and especially for being the country where my daughter was born. And I would like to send a very special thank you to the people at the Montepríncipe hospital, who will always be in my heart. My wife, daughter and I will be forever grateful. Also to my teammates, who always supported me, in good times and bad, to the various coaching teams I've worked with and also to all the people who work at the club on a daily basis, who I have a great relationship with.

I hope that Real Madrid have a great season and achieve the ambitions the club is always keen to push for. That moment at the Bernabéu in the 'Supercopa' when I came onto the pitch and was greeted with such great affection from the crowd will stay with me forever. Thank you so much. It still gives me goosebumps. I could not think of a better farewell for what turned out to, unfortunately, be my last game.

Hala Madrid! Always and forever!
Angel Di Maria

Wonder who he could be talking about Laughing

Also loool to all those that said he demanded an 8m salary and would accept nothing lower, clearly the issue is not just money Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:41 pm

perez :facepalm:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:45 pm

i lol @you BC for just believing everything he is saying.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:
B-Mac wrote:sports trying to underrate di maria now that PSG didn't make a farce out of FFP looool
PSG were never willing to pay more than 60 mil (maybe 65) and FFP had nothing to do with it.  Man U got him because they offered 83.  Di Maria got scared that Madrid might keep him and he caved into his PSG demand. It's that simple tbh.

And yes, it's absolutely right to question his transfer fee Laughing  Other than Madrid and Barca being stupid, this is the most expensive transfer in history... now think about that for a second Laughing

3 biggest clubs in the world spending the money they earned...not seeing a problem with that
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i lol @you BC for just believing everything he is saying.

Yes because Marca and As are more reliable than the player himself?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 pm

It's obvious he wanted to leave because he isn't valued highly. If he wanted, he could have walked out last year with Ozil. Decided to stay but it's the same thing again this season. Doubt Perez even once tried to stop him.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:4-3-1-2's similar to van Gaal's 5-2-1-2 imo, it's just an extra midfielder instead of a defender.

So then..it changes alot? lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I don't think United fans would accept that style at all tbh

The way I see it, is they'd end up trying to take the game to opponents as is their way, and get absolutely destroyed on the counter.

Not to mention a hell of a lot of their opponents have some serious pace on the flanks and as is the case with Juve, no matter how shit your opponents are they have plenty of opportunities to create a 2v1 against the lonely full back/wing back and go from there

As a plan B, or even the odd game in Europe it could be viable. But I don't see that 4-3-1-2 with this manager doing much for them. Maybe an improvement on this 3-5-2 abomination they're operating but really LVG will probably want to go to 4-3-3, which is what he apparantly wanted for the National team.

I agree totally. I just dont agree that 4312 is outdated.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Why you say that?

I think it can work pretty well, but as a counter attacking team, not a pro-active one like Van Gaal would want.

Defences these days are so used to having a spare man at the back, playing 2 strikers and a 10 would throw them for a loop. You would have to forget about pressing and sit back, allow the opponents fullbacks time on the ball and try and exploit the space they leave.

Because width is more important than ever and in a 4-3-1-2 that is simply too narrow to exist in. It also means to CFs who usually do less tracking back than is normally required by today's standards. And while it's true that defenses are now used to having a spare man at the back the 3 man defenses are making a comeback so perhaps it wouldn't give them that much of an edge.

Football is football BC, width is as important now as it ever was. If your playing on the break, you dont need traditional width because stretching the defence laterally isnt crucial.

Yeah, the wrong players would struggle with the tracking back. But we talking system rather than individual players. Different players change the capabilities of all systems.

As for 3 man defence, there arent that many and I think if you force some teams into playing it to match up with you then your the one with an advantage straight away.  The rare teams who do play with 3 at the back sure would take some of the edge away, but thats where the chess game comes in and if your have flexible players, change formation on a fly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:i lol @you BC for just believing everything he is saying.

Yes because Marca and As are more reliable than the player himself?
actually you cant trust any of them. it's just naive to me to assume that money wasnt a big issue for him. He can say whatever he wants, but this is a guy who has been asking for a raise every year he has been in madrid. I dont fault him for that anyway
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Football is football BC, width is as important now as it ever was. If your playing on the break, you dont need traditional width because stretching the defence laterally isnt crucial.

Yeah, the wrong players would struggle with the tracking back. But we talking system rather than individual players. Different players change the capabilities of all systems.

As for 3 man defence, there arent that many and I think if you force some teams into playing it to match up with you then your the one with an advantage straight away.  The rare teams who do play with 3 at the back sure would take some of the edge away, but thats where the chess game comes in and if your have flexible players, change formation on a fly.
I think the width thing is more of an issue when defending rather than to stretch the opponents defense. For example Argentina went into the WC playing counter attacking football with a formation similar to the 4312 but as the competition progressed our FBs (predominantly Zabaleta) were getting exposed because of a lack of support and Sabella was forced to change into a 4411. Most teams nowadays play with a winger/inner forward and a FB that pushes forward. If you play with a 4312 in which the top two are RVP and Rooney I think the FBs would suffer a similar fate as Zaba did in the group stages.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:actually you cant trust any of them. it's just naive to me to assume that money wasnt a big issue for him. He can say whatever he wants, but this is a guy who has been asking for a raise every year he has been in madrid. I dont fault him for that anyway
Oh I don't think it presented no issue, clearly he wanted a raise and he admitted as much. But I don't think it was the sole issue, which is what he said. Basically he said he wanted a fair deal (whatever that means to him and whatever is actually fair is up to debate) that would make him feel valued. Florentino will never make him feel valued.[/quote]
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Football is football BC, width is as important now as it ever was. If your playing on the break, you dont need traditional width because stretching the defence laterally isnt crucial.

I think the width thing is more of an issue when defending rather than to stretch the opponents defense. For example Argentina went into the WC playing counter attacking football with a formation similar to the 4312 but as the competition progressed our FBs (predominantly Zabaleta) were getting exposed because of a lack of support and Sabella was forced to change into a 4411. Most teams nowadays play with a winger/inner forward and a FB that pushes forward. If you play with a 4312 in which the top two are RVP and Rooney I think the FBs would suffer a similar fate as Zaba did in the group stages.

Id put to you that wasnt formation but the lack of work rate/defensive skill.

Look at the way Milan used the 4312 to totally stifle Barca.

In theory, when back behind the ball in defence shape the right sided CM comes over to rightback zone so prevent 2 v 1's, the other 2 midfielders shuffle across taking each other's place and the attacking midfielder "sinks and fills" the space in front. Makes the ball harder to transfer from side to side, and if it does transfer then the middle 3 shuffle over in the time it takes for the ball to travel across.

The difference with Argentina was Maxi who started vs Bosnia and Gago who started vs Iran dont get across laterally very well, Mascherano is drawn out of position in a bid to win tackles and Messi doesnt sink and fill the space.

Plus very crucially in those games, Argentina were the proactive team. The team which dominated possession. Which makes the transition from attack to defend important. If just one of the midfield doesnt get back then the holes are too big to compensate the onrushing fullbacks. Like I said, you have to be the reaction team in a system like that in my opinion. Argentina were the opposite in those earlier games.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Good article about Di Maria, when he was young, how he was sold for 35 footballs and more.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/angel-di-maria-to-manchester-united-the-winger-once-sold-for-35-footballs--now-its-60m-9690032.html

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:42 am

The Franchise wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:I don't think United fans would accept that style at all tbh

I agree totally. I just dont agree that 4312 is outdated.

Nah it's not outdated you just need to have the ideal players from top to bottom for it to hold up nowadays imo.

Similarly we might be using 4-3-1-2 fairly often in Serie A under Allegri but it's perfectly fine in Serie A where most teams tend to have 1 man on each flank anyway and you could count the out and out 'wingers' in the league on one hand Laughing

I could just see Shaw and Rafa getting exposed big time in a 4-3-1-2, or even if they persist with a 3-5-2 for that matter.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Gracias Angel, you were a great servant for us all the way to the end (75-80 million euro baby :bow:) .

I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy your status at United.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Anyways, Di Maria's letter to Madridistas:

Di Maria wrote:An open Letter from Angel di María to all the Real Madrid fans,

My time at Real Madrid has come to an end. It's impossible, in just a few lines, to put all I have gained here, but this letter is my way of explaining how I'm feeling now that I'm bidding the club farewell. Over the four years I have had the honour of wearing this shirt, I have felt nothing but pride about everything that has happened and all I have achieved together with my teammates.

Sadly, now I have to go, but I want to make it clear that this was never my wish. I've always wanted to progress, as anyone else does in their job. I went to the World Cup after winning the 'Decima' with the hope of getting some signal from the Club Management, but it never came. Many things were said and many lies circulated. They always wanted to pin the idea of leaving the club on me, but that's not how it was. Unfortunately, my football isn't to someone's taste. The only thing I asked for was a fair deal. There are many things that I value and a lot of them have nothing to do with my salary. I hope to find them at Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, with which I'm hoping to make history.

I've been lucky enough to share a dressing room with some fantastic players, who have been even better teammates. I think that was the key to winning the Tenth Champions League. I want to apologise for the times I made mistakes, on or off the field. It was never my intention to do wrong by anyone. I sweated for this shirt every game as if it were the last. There were times when things went well, and times when they didn't, but what I can say is that I always gave it everything.

I want to thank Spain for everything it's given me and especially for being the country where my daughter was born. And I would like to send a very special thank you to the people at the Montepríncipe hospital, who will always be in my heart. My wife, daughter and I will be forever grateful. Also to my teammates, who always supported me, in good times and bad, to the various coaching teams I've worked with and also to all the people who work at the club on a daily basis, who I have a great relationship with.

I hope that Real Madrid have a great season and achieve the ambitions the club is always keen to push for. That moment at the Bernabéu in the 'Supercopa' when I came onto the pitch and was greeted with such great affection from the crowd will stay with me forever. Thank you so much. It still gives me goosebumps. I could not think of a better farewell for what turned out to, unfortunately, be my last game.

Hala Madrid! Always and forever!
Angel Di Maria

Wonder who he could be talking about Laughing

Also loool to all those that said he demanded an 8m salary and would accept nothing lower, clearly the issue is not just money Laughing

Lmao what a blatant lie Laughing

If it wasn't about wages then he'd still be at Madrid. What type of "Signal" was he expecting after the World Cup? Two thumbs up? A nice text message thanking him for his efforts?

No this is obviously all about money. He wanted more and the club didn't want to renew his contract AGAIN after already renewing him fairly recently. Even the timing of the Modric renewal was a big F U to Di Maria.

Based on what we know (and this message basically reinforces this) is that;

1. The Coach wanted him to stay (He's expressed many times how much he lked Di Maria)
2. The Board wanted him to stay (he was on a long term contract)
3. The fans wanted him to stay (They applauded him in the Super Copa)
4. Di Maria wanted a "signal" (AKA Raise) didn't get it so he asked to leave.
5. We sold him for 75-80 million Euro.

He wanted more money and that's totally OK, there is nothing wrong with that but the club didn't agree after giving him a new contract so soon after his last extension.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Duncan Castles is saying that Di Maria is currently has the highest base wages at United.

He explains that Rooney base wages are about 150k pounds, but it's the bonus he negotiated with united increasing commercial opportunities (using his image as well), that actually make his wages important.

But in terms of base, guaranteed salary, Di Maria is earning the most with 230k pounds per week.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Go get that paper Angel :bow: Proud

(Seriously tho I'm happy for him, he deserves to be the man somewhere instead of a support guy in both club and country)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 pm

angel di uglia was just too damn ugly for florentino i guess .
shades of makelele circa 2003 hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 pm

NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 20 10600363_717368091643547_5799386115275740703_n
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Casciavit wrote:NEW OFFICIAL: PSG sign Di Maria - Page 20 10600363_717368091643547_5799386115275740703_n

loooooooool
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:41 pm

farfan wrote:angel di uglia was just too damn ugly for florentino i guess .
shades of makelele circa 2003 hmm

I wouldn't be surprised if players' looks were important for Perez. lol.

And in his mind he'd have the bestest, most handsome, talented starting 11. RM games will be like a concert every week full of fan girls. hah!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next