Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
The Franchise
futbol
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jérémy Mathieu: The ginger Abidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Jérémy Mathieu: The ginger Abidal

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:24 am

I like the player and always been impressed....but ffs, 20M for a 30yo LB... oh well, at least he is flexible and defensively solid. I guess b4 Alba was above him and better, rightly so, now we got the other Valencia LB too, but just so expensive....

So last season Neymar, this season Suarez and Mathieu, the board is really splashing out the cash to compete with Real which is good to see, I just hope it doesnt backfire...

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Jérémy Mathieu: The ginger Abidal - Page 2 Empty Re: Jérémy Mathieu: The ginger Abidal

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:Has speed and strength, can defend in the 1 v 1 very well and above all gives us someone who can win some aerial balls in set pieces.

Think he will do well.

That is if he gets into the first team. We'll probably start with Pique and Mascherano as our CB pairing and then he may have to compete with Bartra to be first reserve.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Bénin wrote:Last year his buy-out clause was 10 millions. Could have come for half of the price. Does the club have any real plan or are they improvising ? Nothing against the player tho.

Good point. The incompetence of our current handling of transfers and for that matter our entire management cannot be explained in words. It's like when the three idiots were running Juventus and fans couldn't wait to see the back of them.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Has speed and strength, can defend in the 1 v 1 very well and above all gives us someone who can win some aerial balls in set pieces.

Think he will do well.

That is if he gets into the first team. We'll probably start with Pique and Mascherano as our CB pairing and then he may have to compete with Bartra to be first reserve.

I get the impression he will get many chances JD. Dont think Mascherano will start either. I want to believe Luis Enrique is smart enough to see that.

I also believe performances will matter, unlike Martino who just plays whoever has the biggest profile.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 am

Flawless performance. Speed, strength, passing, good at 1 vs. 1. Really refreshing to see someone at the back who doesn't turn like a truck and runs like he has concrete in his shoes. Ginger Abidal. Proud Like the pairing with Mascherano very much, both no-nonsense 1 vs. 1 and got the recovery speed for a high line.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Fußball wrote:

Flawless performance. Speed, strength, passing, good at 1 vs. 1. Really refreshing to see someone at the back who doesn't turn like a truck and runs like he has concrete in his shoes. Ginger Abidal. Proud Like the pairing with Mascherano very much, both no-nonsense 1 vs. 1 and got the recovery speed for a high line.

rather than seeking an ideal partner for Pique, lucho did the best thing. got a partner for Mashcherano :bow: all the mash haters here Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Its just Granada, please keep that in mind Laughing

Mathieu was fantastic, a real performance from him. But him and Mascherano against the very best in the world? Lets wait and see, Mascherano has already shown his limits at that level.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:31 am

The coaches have told Mathieu that he will have to leave if he doesn't improve. They want him to be more focused during the games. [sport]

Awful player.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:03 am

How can he improve now he is on wrong side of 30 players rarely improve at that age imo generally the road is downwards from that point. I had soft spot for guy jst for that classico goal but its time to dump that ginger. Welcome mustafi!

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:44 pm

I think he's the first player I've seen in Barcelona that doesn't really care enough to put out his potential. Other fail for whatever reasons, except not caring enough.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 pm

He actually comes across dumb. I mean a lot of footballers are a bit shallow but this guy strikes me as genuinenly dumb.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:17 am

He just isnt a left back any more, its not hard to see that. When he plays CB he looks like a fair enough player, better than Mascherano certainly. But he doesnt have it in him any more to play leftback, especially not when he is asked to go forward and contribute too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:20 am

I dislike him profoundly. He was oustanding for some games last season, especially the 2-1 vs. Madrid, but he really sucks and should get the *bleep* out. We should have never spent 20 milion on a 30+ guy who is known to be a lazy pos.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Why? I can understand not liking someone but he hasn't done anything worthy of hate
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:08 pm

think the guy is getting far too much hate because of playing in LB.
that's not his choice to be there lol hes a good centerback and has been good for us there.
and cmon we all know why free cat dislikes him, hes not catalan and takes up bartras minutes.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:02 am

He's not a good CB either. Well, he can be if he's able to focus, but most of the time his clearances are rubbish and he makes that rookie mistake by leaving defensive formation and chasing after a striker which leaves huge gaps behind him.

Bartra was sublime against Luxembourg btw.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah, I partly hate him because he takes Bartra's minutes (nothing to do with him not being Catalan, I'm not xenophobic), but also because he's a rubissh signing because all the things mentioned. Linetty gets it very right, Mathieu is poor. His clearences are the worst I've seen in a long time, thank god he has to clear little because we are barely into our box.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:38 pm

This guy shows how much the transfer policy of Barcelona sucks

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next